Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Hi House! We're home, cleaned up and grilling chicken...and we're tired! :lol

Phyllis ~ Your shawl is wonderful and so is your smile! :) I love the striping in the dishcloths, too. Thanks for the pictures. :manyheart

Oh, Judy ~ Great picture! :D My first thought was "must be the dog days of summer." :lol

Marlene ~ Your Saturday with family and friends sounds so nice. I'm glad your weather isn't too hot!

Hi Valerie ~ Yay for another order! I hope you're feeling much better now. :manyheart

Maryd ~ You'll be fine...and we're all here to cheer you on. :cheer

Laura ~ I hope you've had a wonderful weekend...and that your internet issues are resolved. :yes Any progress on the government paperwork?

Hi to all of my friends at Our House.

I hope to be home most of tomorrow! Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Tobybob - Will do just that. I will try the granny squares and see how I go with my tension. It has been quite a while since I have crocheted so it's the best thing to do I believe. I could do with a blanket. So make a few zillion :lol granny squares and stitch them together.

Judy - Thanks luv, I agree with you. Practice, practice, practice and I have learnt something already from being on this forum... Never pick up crochet after a few years break and expect to make my own vest. :think Oh and your dogs looks so content. :lol

foofoophyl - love the shawl :crocheting

Thanks skysmom... I can hear you :clap from here. :)

Morning ladies

Quick stop in,then gotta get my rear in gear -- have bloodwork this AM and a couple errands to run . I still haven't removed my BUNS from the chair,so gotta try to get up and move around a bit .

Jude

The pic of your pups reminds me of ME lately .. laying around drooling on the carpet ..:blush

You RR tured out pretty as they all do !

Laura

What holiday was it in Canada ? Sadly , I dont know much about the differences up there such as holidays and things .

MaryD

You'll get the hang of crocheting again soon,then everything you make will be the right sized stitches. I dont think you ever forget how to crochet, you sometimes get rusty from lack of doing it .

Mary

Sounds like you were glad to be home and have a normal evening !

Val

Congrats on another order ! You are doing great getting so many orders !

Marlene

So glad you got to spend some time visiting with the grandkids ! Sounds like you had a fun day .

Phyllis

Your items were very pretty . The shawl stitch is just beautiful. Really pretty pattern !

A shout out to everyone I missed. Gotta get moving or I'll still be sitting here tonite, not getting anything done.

Hope you all have a great day .

'morning, peeps!

Jules, don't overdo it this morning! And I wish I was catered to like my furples are:lol

. I could do with a blanket. So make a few zillion :lol granny squares and stitch them together.

We've all done that with our leftover stash:hook

Judy - Thanks luv, I agree with you. Practice, practice, practice and I have learnt something already from being on this forum... Never pick up crochet after a few years break and expect to make my own vest. :think Oh and your dogs looks so content. :lol/QUOTE]

Only go back to the vest when you feel like you're rhythm with the hook and your tension are in a good place. You''l do it!

...and my dogs are totally spoiled! I've had friends tell me that in their next life they want to come back as one of our dogs:lol

Hi, Mary, Cindy, Linda, Laura, Marisa, all my friends! Have a good day.:hug

Well, It's the usual Monday - lots to do this AM, so like Jules, I need to get off my buns!

I haven't posted in a long time. I do pop in from time to time to see what is going on.

Last night on FB Kim Guzman had posted a picture of a lovely shawl, Paperdolls. Many of us commented on the shawl. She promised to post it last night and the first 10 to order would get it free! I was able to be at the right moment and got a free copy of the pattern!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/paper-dolls-3 The edging looks like paper dolls holding hands.

Now to just find the right yarn in the stash to do the pattern justice!

Morning housemates!

Julie - glad to hear from you. Praying that all is wll with your bloodwork.

Judie - your furbles are adorable!

Marlene - I am soooo glad you had a chance to spend time with your son's kids. Sounds like you had a great time.

Phyllis - love the shawl and dish clothes. Thanks for posting pictures!

Mary - maybe you can relax with your hook after a busy weekend. Thanks, I feel much better but I think my sister is smoking after I go to sleep and it is causing some of the problem along with the weather.

Well, got to get hooking...BBL!

Hey Jude

whatcha gonna work on now that your RR is complete ? You've probably already started something and I am not keeping close enough track of who is doing what . Sorry if you already mentioned it !

Hi Val

Good to hear from you too . so what colors will your newest order be ? You do such beautiful work,no wonder you get so many orders. Do you advertise at all, or it is just word of mouth ?

Thanks for the prayers ... this bloodwork was 3 tests my kidney doc ordered . One for the parathyroid ... i'm a little worried about that one. He hasn't ordered it ever before,so i'm wondering if it has anything to do with the thyroid stuff . I have an appt with him in a week,so I guess I'll find out then .

Hi Mary !

Long time no see. good to have you back aboard ! The shawl is beautiful. That was really lucky for you to win the pattern.

Are you going to make one for you or someone else, or both ? And what color will you be using ?

Edited by JulieKay

Hi, Val!!

Mary in Washington....beautiful pattern! How is the bunny population these days?

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Friday night we went out for wings with a group of people to celebrate our neighbors birthday. Then Saturday morning I watched the men's USA basketball game. They play today again, but I won't get it here at the office :( Then I ran errands with Steph. We all went over to Ingrid's for dinner Sat night. And, yesterday was a completely lazy day. I didn't even leave the house, which was good because it was super ugly and pouring like crazy all day :yes Steph and Bean went out for a nice dinner together though since they have a couple super busy weeks ahead.

I made a lot of progress on my graph ghan and now only have 19 rows left to complete, plus the border :clap

Today I went swimming and then I came home and got myself ready for the day. Ran to the market for stuff to make pasta sauce since my sister was out of what we needed. Threw that together in the crock pot and got here just on time to meet my hair guy who was coming at 11 for his appt and to make a video for me :clap:yay We had a lot of fun with it. His mom came in as a new patient for the video to kinda show what happens in a visit. Ingrid and the kids came by too to offer some testamonials :lol He headed out a bit ago and now I have to do up their paperwork, but wanted to stop by here while I ate my lunch. It'll be about 3 weeks or so til the video is edited and ready for viewing :bounce

Judy - Gorgeous rr :manyheart Glad to hear that your hip seems to be a bit better lately and the pups are just too cute!

Joanne - Glad you made it to Boston :hug How was the ice cream?

Julie - Positive thoughts for your blood work today :hug And you're so sleepy because your body heals while you sleep :yes

Mary D - I also don't like housework days :no I was going to say the same thing as everyone else about the stitches being uneven :D

Mary - Glad to hear that dd's house is finally done :clap I love grilled chicken.....I marinate it in the kraft zesty italian dressing :drool

Val - We had a whole lot of rain here too. WTG on all your orders :clap

Cindy - I hope work goes well for you today :hug

Phyllis - Gorgeous shawl and squares :manyheart

Laura - I hope your computer is behaving today :xfin

Marlene - How fun to go to the lake and great to see old friends too :yes

Mary 2 - Nice to 'see' you again :hug How exciting to win such a beautiful pattern :bounce You'll have to keep us updated on your progress and what yarn you choose to be worthy :wink

Hi all

(Marisa- Cut and paste alert)

I'm home!!!

I started getting a scratchy throat on Friday night- but figured it'd go away- NOT!!! By Saturday afternoon, I was sneezing, runny nose, feeling kind of lousy. Summer cold!! Started taking cold-eeze and drinking lots of water.

On Sunday morning, I was still very congested, kept taking cold-eeze and opted not to go the party. I really had no energy. Napped in the afternoon and my DD made me awesome chicken soup. We decided to come home today, since my middle DD has ceramic class tonight and originally she was going to miss it, but because I didn't feel great, we decided to come home so she wouldn't have to miss it. I came home, took a nap and am starting to feel better.

So my weekend didn't turn out as I had planned, but at least I had some time with my DD's! Oh, and the ice-cream she made was delish- although I only had a spoonful- I really had no appetite and didn't want to eat anything 'creamy'. Last evening, they went to the local ice-cream shop and brought me home a mango sorbet-- yum!

Well, now it's time to unpack figure out something to eat. I honestly don't have much of an appetite- and wish I had taken some of the soup my DD made home.

I haven't posted in a long time. I do pop in from time to time to see what is going on.

Last night on FB Kim Guzman had posted a picture of a lovely shawl, Paperdolls. Many of us commented on the shawl. She promised to post it last night and the first 10 to order would get it free! I was able to be at the right moment and got a free copy of the pattern!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/paper-dolls-3 The edging looks like paper dolls holding hands.

Now to just find the right yarn in the stash to do the pattern justice!

Mary, so good to hear from you again! Oh, that is a gorgeous shawl, lucky you for winning it for free!, looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

...with doggie drool on the carpet and the Yankee game on in the background...

They look so relaxed.:lol Oh and I really like your RR.

You asked for these, you got it Here is the shawl I just finished for me, and a couple of diagonal garter stich dishcloths I made using a self-striping yarn. Both were fun and easy projects.

beautiful work!

Edited by Gardener
Hi all

(Marisa- Cut and paste alert)

I'm home!!!

I started getting a scratchy throat on Friday night- but figured it'd go away- NOT!!! By Saturday afternoon, I was sneezing, runny nose, feeling kind of lousy. Summer cold!! Started taking cold-eeze and drinking lots of water.

On Sunday morning, I was still very congested, kept taking cold-eeze and opted not to go the party. I really had no energy. Napped in the afternoon and my DD made me awesome chicken soup. We decided to come home today, since my middle DD has ceramic class tonight and originally she was going to miss it, but because I didn't feel great, we decided to come home so she wouldn't have to miss it. I came home, took a nap and am starting to feel better.

So my weekend didn't turn out as I had planned, but at least I had some time with my DD's! Oh, and the ice-cream she made was delish- although I only had a spoonful- I really had no appetite and didn't want to eat anything 'creamy'. Last evening, they went to the local ice-cream shop and brought me home a mango sorbet-- yum!

Well, now it's time to unpack figure out something to eat. I honestly don't have much of an appetite- and wish I had taken some of the soup my DD made home.

So sorry to hear you got hit with that cold :hug :hug It seems to be going around right now. Glad you at least got to be together with your dd's anyway though. Enjoy your next 2 days off, at least you have time to rest up :hug

Super busy day at work today. You'd think I'd lose some weight with all the running around I do there! Of toil friday now. We are going to go out for dinner and pick up a few last minute things that dh thinks we need to take along camping. We'll be leaving tomorrow moening and I'm not srue if I will be able to check in from the campground or not. I assume the 3G on my iphone will work, but its hard to post from the phone.

Julie its good to see you posting a bit more. Hope that means that your energy levels are starting to improve a bit.

Joanne, I'm sorry you are sick, and that it kept you form visiting your dd in Boston longer. Hope you feel much better soon. Summer colds are awful! Get lots of rest, and drink lots of fluids.

Marisa, is the video to promote your practice? How will people see it?

Val, WTG on another order, sorry that you are still having health issues.

Has anyone heard from Linda, it's been quite a few days since we heard anything from her. I know that she's been busy moving and so forth, but I can't help feeling a little worried. Hope she is okay.

Hi Marlene, Laura, Mary, Maryd (we are getting taken over by Mary's!:D), Tab, and everyone else.

Super busy day at work today. You'd think I'd lose some weight with all the running around I do there! Of toil friday now. We are going to go out for dinner and pick up a few last minute things that dh thinks we need to take along camping. We'll be leaving tomorrow moening and I'm not srue if I will be able to check in from the campground or not. I assume the 3G on my iphone will work, but its hard to post from the phone.

Marisa, is the video to promote your practice? How will people see it?

Has anyone heard from Linda, it's been quite a few days since we heard anything from her. I know that she's been busy moving and so forth, but I can't help feeling a little worried. Hope she is okay.

Hi Marlene, Laura, Mary, Maryd (we are getting taken over by Mary's!:D), Tab, and everyone else.

Have a safe trip tomorrow and a great vacation :clap We'll know not to worry about you if you can't check in. The video is really for both of us. He does these promotion videos and is trying to start a 2nd business with it so he gets to use it as a sample and I get it done for free :clap:yay It'll go on his website and I'll link it up to my website and my facebook page I guess :think

I haven't heard from Linda at all. If I remember she was going to be sitting with Kim for a bit while John went to Texas???? But I don't think I've heard anything since then :think

Oh, that's bad....

At least DD made chicken soup for you! It must be so nice to be taken care of like that...real role reversal.:) Rest up:hug

Marisa, yay for doing more rows on the graph ghan!!:clap

TY for the compliments on the RR, too - those last rows are a chore, though.

I know Linda was going to stay with Kim ...for about a week, I think:think

I started another animal graph square ( I did one of a dog quite a while back). The squares are going to be big so I think I'll only make 6. THat, with a thick border between each one and along the outer edge should make it a great crib size.

Off I go - CU all tomorrow.:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Phyllis, The shawl is really pretty. The dishcloths are really nice in stripping yarn.

Mary, Hope you get to relax for a day or two after your weekend of helping DD settle in.

Judy, Cute pic of the dogs. They have the right idea just lay around in that heat.

Maryd, :cheer you on.

Mary2, The shawl is really pretty. Nice that you were able to win a free copy of the pattern.

Joanne, Sorry you got sick at DD's and shortened your trip. Chicken soup is the best medicine. Hope you recover before you have to go back to work.

Cindy, You should have a nice week for camping. Have fun!

Marisa, It's really nice the video will help you both out.

Julie, Hope your outing didn't tire you out to much.

I've been wondering about Linda to. I know she said she would be with Kim while John was gone. Hopefully we hear from her soon.

Maya and I made jigglers today. First time i've ever made them and I don't really care for them. But she loves them. I fooled her for supper tonight. She likes chicken and I was making baked pork chops so I told her it was chicken thinking she would like it. At first she said she didn't but she didn't want to spit it out so I knew different. I told her later what it was and why I told her different. She said thats okay I really did like it.

The weather has cooled right down here so I hope you girls out east get some of this in a few days. It was in the 50's last night and again tonight. Good sleeping weather.

Have a good tuesday!

Good Morning, House. :) I ended up being gone a lot yesterday and will be gone all morning, too. Then Luke will be here tomorrow through Thursday or Friday. Somewhere in there I need to clean and do laundry. :lol

Cindy ~ Have a wonderful time on your camping trip!

Joanne ~ :hug I hope you feel better very soon. Sorry you had to cut your trip short. :hug

Have a wonderful day :manyheart Will check in when I get home, hopefully by 1!

Morning folks

I've been wondering about Linda too. I'd think she would be pretty settled in by this time . I've been a little worried myself , hoping that all the stress and hard work she had in the past couple months didnt get her down too much.

I'll try contacting her and see if she responds. Ithink she said it'd be awhile til she got internet there at home,and was gonnqa use the library's .. hopefully she will check in soon .

Joanne

sorry your time off got messed up with a nasty cold. I dont know which is worse,one in the summer when it's so hot, or one in the winter when it hurts to breathe when you go out . I guess neither time is good . Hope you are feelign better now .

Marisa

Hope we get to see your video !

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank on all the other posts, so will just say have a good day to everyone,and check in later .

Good morning,

Although my time in Beantown was cut short, my time off work wasn't- so at least I can take it easy today and tomorrow. Not much on the agenda, although I do think I'll take a ride down the beach just to breathe in some of that wonderful salt air! It's pretty nice out there right now.

Was wondering about Linda myself.

Cindy- Have a wonderful time camping!

BBL!

'morning, peeps!

Hi, Jules! Good to see you here do bright and early:manyheart

Good Morning, House. :) I ended up being gone a lot yesterday and will be gone all morning, too. Then Luke will be here tomorrow through Thursday or Friday. Somewhere in there I need to clean and do laundry. :lol

Does he nap?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

CU all later - this AM is so much nice....humidity low for this time of year and it's sunny:D

Have a good morning everyone - Laura, I hope your internet problems don;t last forever!:eek

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I slept in a bit this morning...didn't feel like getting up when the alarm went off, which means I didn't go swimming today. I did stop at Target and Starbucks on my way in to work this morning though and will hopefully :xfin workout here today. I fear I might be getting a cold too, but feel like I've already been fighting it for a few days :think

I got more done on the graph ghan last night and now think I have about 10 rows left :clap It's the homestretch now since the last 7 rows are just solid without any color changes :yes

Judy - I agree, those last rounds of rr's are a little rough :eek Can't wait to see your square.

Marlene - You have to trick kids pretty often :shrug I'm glad she understood when you told her later

Mary - Good luck with your laundry while having Luke there. If you're done with washer and are folding from the dryer or hanging clothes, etc my mom would stand him in the washer :wink

Julie - Glad to see you here early all bright eyed and bushy tailed :hug

Joanne - Have a great day down by the beach :yay

Seems that the humidity is creeping back- the sky is not nearly as blue as this morning! Glad I took a ride down to the beach nice and early and spent some time there. Now I'm home, laundry is on, AC is on, Olympics are on, and I think I'll pick up the hook and yarn for a bit!