Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I spent the afternoon hooking and reading...it was nice! I finished a few more rows on the graph square...

Yankees are playing tonight and in Toronto, whcih has a roof if the weather is bad:D

Have a great night my friends:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

It's the weekend!!!

Judy- Sorry your plans got postponed- boy was it raining like crazy this afternoon. Heard there was a tornado in Suffolk County, Long Island today!!!

Marisa- Hope that the extra sleep helped. Have fun this weekend at the games and at the tailgate party!!!

Mary- Hope you got some restful crocheting in this afternoon

Val- I try not to think about Linda too, but I can't help it. I'm worried-

Had a busy day- still not feeling 100%, but these summer colds do tend to linger Maybe I'll feel better after getting my hair cut/colored tomorrow morning!!!

Off to figure out dinner- and like Judy, I'll be watching the Yankees tonight- and switching between that and the Giants (if I can find them on TV)

Hello everyone. We're home, camping was fun, but it did rain lightly yesterday and today.

I just dropped by to say hi, I want to get my laundry done, because we are going out for the day again tomorrow. We figure since we're vacationing, we may as well keep on having fun! We're going to Saugatuck for the day. Its an arty/crafty tourist town on lake Michigan. Not sure what we will do there, we'll see whats going on when we get there. Its supposed to be a nice day, not too hot, so it will be good for wandering around town. The beach there is rated as one of the top beaches in the world.

Judy ~ I'm so glad you had a good day with your favorite things!

Hi Cindy! Have a wonderful day tomorrow! My sister's husband's family has had two family reunions at Saugatuck (or more?) over the years - what a beautiful area!

Here are the first two strips of the second fishy 'ghan - obviously I love this pattern. :lol

post-10699-135897772534_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897772537_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. We're home, camping was fun, but it did rain lightly yesterday and today.

I just dropped by to say hi, I want to get my laundry done, because we are going out for the day again tomorrow. We figure since we're vacationing, we may as well keep on having fun! We're going to Saugatuck for the day. Its an arty/crafty tourist town on lake Michigan. Not sure what we will do there, we'll see whats going on when we get there. Its supposed to be a nice day, not too hot, so it will be good for wandering around town. The beach there is rated as one of the top beaches in the world.

that place looks gorgeous! Enjoy your vacation day:hug

Judy ~ I'm so glad you had a good day with your favorite things!

Hi Cindy! Have a wonderful day tomorrow! My sister's husband's family has had two family reunions at Saugatuck (or more?) over the years - what a beautiful area!

Here are the first two strips of the second fishy 'ghan - obviously I love this pattern. :lol

Beautiful ghan...do you have the pattern memorized yet?:lol

Letting the dogs out so I thought I'd pop in again before bed.

'nite all!

Joanne - I hope you can shake that cold.

Cindy - glad to have you back. Enjoy tomorrow. That place looks wonderful!

Judy - glad you had a relaxing day in your clean house!

Mary - your ghan is pretty. Get some rest.

I finished putting the hearts together but ran out of yarn. I have to buy a skein just to attach both sets of hearts and border. I will be making a trip to HL.

Good night!

Good morning!

Cindy- Have fun today!! That looks like a place I would love!!!!:manyheart Enjoy!!!

Val- Oh, that is too bad that you have to make a trip to HL today!:lol WTG on finishing the hearts!

Mary- Love your fishy afghan!!

Still have the cold- lingering annoyance at this point- but at least it's the weekend- so all is good!!! Off to get my hair done in a bit. I like an early appointment when I go on a Saturday!

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, I'm glad your cold is slowly leaving. They do seem to take forever to leave....:hug Routine cut and color this AM??

Cloudy and rain in the forcast today. We're meeting the contractor tomorrow to pick out the tile for the bathroom, so this AM we'll be heading to Delicious Orchards. We normally go on Sunday. Last week we bought this great cranberry walnut bread and it;s so yummy! That'll be tossed in the basket first:D

Oooops - the sun just appeared! Gonna be an icky one, I think:P

Have a good day, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

We've had 2 days of rain here. Much needed, but it puts a damper on the festivites in the next town over. Hoping it is nice today so we can go to the car show later. Are temps here never hit 70 yesterday. It was a good baking day. Maya and I made peanut butter cookies and semi homemade pizza. I've been working on a dishcloth its the basketweave pattern. I'm making it a little wider and it took me awhile to figure out how to get it to come out like her pic. I just had to reverse the rows and keeping track of my rows. Lots of frogging!

Hope all is well with Linda.

Joanne, Glad your feeling better! Your scarves are gorgeous and I really like your scrap ghan. It's always nice when we make something for ourselves.

Cindy, I went to Saugatuck a few years ago and it is really a nice there.

Enjoy your day there.

Judy, Your new colors for your bathroom will be really nice.

Julie, Glad your feeling better.

Marisa, How sneeky of the house cleaners. If they work for a company they should be reported. If there independent then it makes it hard, but if Steph has recommended them to anyone she should let them know.

Val, Your heart ghan is really going to be pretty.

Mary, Luke is going to love his new tractor. Maya has a jeep and she really enjoys it. I told hubby he needs to get it out of the garage so she can ride it as I think this year will be here last year.

Tab, Glad your going to get some me time.

DD is coming tonight after work. Tomorrow morning DS is coming with the kids. Payton turns 8 monday so we are celebrating in the morning. We have a reunion to go to after that.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Enjoy your time with your Grandkids, Marlene!!!

Judy - You are right- it's pretty icky out- sunny and humid- That cranberry walnut bread sounds delicious!!! I had my cut /color- and my cut is shorter than normal- I wanted no muss/no fuss and something that I could just wash and wear and that would bring back some of my natural curls- I think she did a great job-We'll see what DH thinks about it later when he gets home. Regardless, I like it and that's what matters!

Val- I made my next appointment for my usual Wed night- Even going early on Saturday- it was still a little too crowded for me!

Happy Saturday! Thank you very much for the compliments on fishy 'ghan #2! :manyheart

Marlene ~ It's wonderful that you've had rain! Sending an early Happy Birthday to Payton...I know tomorrow will be lots of fun with your family. :)

Judy ~ Delicious Orchards sounds like a great place. Is it mostly fresh foods or more like a grocery? :think

Valerie ~ Just one more skein...how many times have we all said that? :lol Yay for rain and cooler weather!

Joanne ~ Your morning sounds like a good one!

It was actually below 80* when I got up this a.m.! I did some pruning and watering until about 10 and it felt nicer than it has in months. :)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :manyheart

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The tech was just here and I FINALLY have internet access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you all soooooooooo much. I still have a gazillion boxes to unpack but I am gradually getting there. Thank you to all of you who have sent gifts and cards. I love what you sent. :hug When I find my writing things you will get individual and personalized thank yous, but where they are is still a big question mark. I have been sick the last couple of days, but I'm getting better. It has been a strain moving, but I'm getting there. I have been watching the Olympics and enjoying them. I've got one prayer shawl done (except for hiding the tails) and the second one is started. I'm going to have to hurry to get it done by Sunday night. :eek Yikes! That's tomorrow! :eek

It will take me a while to catch up on posted. Know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers this whole time. And I'm back now.

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

LINDA!!!!!!!!!! Yay for Internet!! Thanks so much for checking in - we were getting worried. You sound so happy:c9

Marlene, you're making wonderful memories for Maya:manyheart

Judy - You are right- it's pretty icky out- sunny and humid- That cranberry walnut bread sounds delicious!!! I had my cut /color- and my cut is shorter than normal- I wanted no muss/no fuss and something that I could just wash and wear and that would bring back some of my natural curls- I think she did a great job-We'll see what DH thinks about it later when he gets home. Regardless, I like it and that's what matters!

When I cut my hair VERY short...well, it wasn't DH's favorite, so I compromised with him: I'd let the length (it's all layered) grow if he finally embraced my naturally curly look.:devil

He chose my curls...

So....now I just gel, scrunch the curls and lightly dry it with a difuser - and I'm out the door:D Some days I just wet it in the shower and that's it for the day. Perfect. Esp with the humidity.:lol He actually likes ruffling my hair and it's sooooo easy!

Judy ~ Delicious Orchards sounds like a great place. Is it mostly fresh foods or more like a grocery? :think

This is the site - also Joanne's fav place!

http://deliciousorchardsnj.com/welcome/index.php

Have a good night, my friends:hug

Another quick fly by from me. read through the posts, but I think I am too old to be out and about for an entire day. I'm exhausted and its only 7:30! Dh is still full of energy though.

Linda, I'm so glad to see you. GFlad you are getting settled in!

LINDA!!!!!!!!!! Yay for Internet!! Thanks so much for checking in - we were getting worried. You sound so happy:c9

Marlene, you're making wonderful memories for Maya:manyheart

When I cut my hair VERY short...well, it wasn't DH's favorite, so I compromised with him: I'd let the length (it's all layered) grow if he finally embraced my naturally curly look.:devil

He chose my curls...

So....now I just gel, scrunch the curls and lightly dry it with a difuser - and I'm out the door:D Some days I just wet it in the shower and that's it for the day. Perfect. Esp with the humidity.:lol He actually likes ruffling my hair and it's sooooo easy!

This is the site - also Joanne's fav place!

http://deliciousorchardsnj.com/welcome/index.php

Have a good night, my friends:hug

That is exactly what I'll be doing!!! Mines all layered and all I'll have to do is gel, scrunch and go!!! Won't even need to use the hair dryer if I don't want to- most mornings, I don't have time to dry- so this will be much easier--and DH said it looked good!!:)

:clap:clapSo so happy to see a post from Linda!!! :clap:clap Oh, Linda I was worried about you!!! Glad you are on the mend from not feeling well and so happy that you have internet now. Can you tell I'm happy to have seen your post????:)

Spent the afternoon with DD and Ryan. We ran some of her errands- and picked up the pictures she had taken of him- oh, so cute. Now I have to buy a frame to put the one in she gave me. Will probably do that tomorrow. It was a nice afternoon, early evening and when I came home- DH actually noticed my hair and said it looked nice! He did say- oh, it's short, but it looks nice! It's the shortest I have ever had it since I've known him (almost 12 years).

Now I'm going to try and get in a little crocheting before calling it a night!

Cindy- glad you had a good time today!

Hii! Hi! Hi! I am sooooo glad to finally have internet again. I gradually get caught up with what everyone has been doing. Sweet Pea is adjusting well and I'm really enjoying being able to do what I want, when I want all the time. I will be glad when all the boxes are gone though. It's nice and quiet here, which I love. And they are really good about the maintenance. Most things are fixed by the next day if not the same day. I just spent several hours with one of the neighbors listening to music and crocheting. He mentioned the possibility of me making him a sweater with wool yarn. We'll see if that materializes or not. A nice guy but NOT for me. :lol

morning, peeps!

Cindy, I hope you had a good night! Walking around alot and being out in the fresh air can take it out of you!

Joanne, I always keep one hair pick in my bag and one in the house so I can lift my hair after it's dried...still keeps the curls intact;) Nice that DH likes it - that's a bonus:lol DH has actually complimented my hair on those really curly days I have, so you and I both have it easy now!:D

good day at the farmer's market. Didn't come back with a lot of leftover produce and that is always good

Does that mean you grow your own veggies and sell the extra?? If so, that's awesome!

Hii! Hi! Hi! I am sooooo glad to finally have internet again. I gradually get caught up with what everyone has been doing. Sweet Pea is adjusting well and I'm really enjoying being able to do what I want, when I want all the time. I will be glad when all the boxes are gone though. It's nice and quiet here, which I love. And they are really good about the maintenance. Most things are fixed by the next day if not the same day. I just spent several hours with one of the neighbors listening to music and crocheting. He mentioned the possibility of me making him a sweater with wool yarn. We'll see if that materializes or not. A nice guy but NOT for me. :lol
From your last statement it sounds like you really have settled in:lol

Glad Sweet pea is adjusting...when pups are used to having another one around it can be an adjustment.

Well, we're meeting the contractor at Home Depot this AM. We were on his website and pinned down one tile pattern we really liked - and the glass broder that'll go 3/4ths of the way up. Getting excited now - and yet I'm dreading the mess. Wednesday should be start day and the latest it'll be done is Saturday:)

BBL!

Good morning!

Judy-Have fun picking out the tiles! And before you know it, it'll be all done!!!

Mary I didn't realize that you sold produce at the farmer's market- glad to hear it was a successful day!!!

Linda- Wow- two posts in one day!! Yippee!!! Glad that Sweet Pea is settling in and sounds like you have been making friends already which is a great bonus!!! When do you have to go stay with Kim? Is it coming up soon? That'll be an adjustment- now that you are used to coming and going on YOUR own schedule!!

Cindy- Bet you slept well last night after your day out yesterday!

Val- Did you get the yarn you needed to finish up the heart ghan?

DD and I may be heading to the county fair today- last day. She and her DH took Ryan there yesterday morning before sil had to go to work. She asked if I would be interested in going today and since it is much nicer out today- aka- less humid, I think we will if she still wants to. I asked DH if he wanted to join us- and he said- no- I think I'll just stay behind (and veg on the couch- he didn't say that part about vegging on the couch, but I know him;))

s

Good Morning! :) DD just called and their babysitter cancelled for this a.m. They are going to a wedding shower brunch. Need to leave here by 9:30, so better get in gear. :lol

Have a wonderful morning, everyone. :manyheart

Archived