Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Val- The pattern is the Granny Stripe afghan from Attic 24. You can find it here:

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/granny-stripe.html/

It's written in UK terms. I change colors the way I normally do, not the way it's in the pattern where it says to cut the yarn and then start a new color. On this one I changed 132. It's a great sized blanket for watching tv with. On the first one I made I had chained 150. I had given that one to my middle DD for Christmas two years ago.

Marisa- Hope you are having fun at the Pirates game.

Judy- I do love my granny stripe. I started another project earlier- I think I'm catching the crocheting ADD!!! I started the sunny spread by Ellen Gormley- it was in Crochet Today- Best Blankets 2010, but I think it's now available on Red Heart's site.

To the rest of the House--hope you are having a good evening!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning ladies

sounds like so far,everyone has the same yekky weather this morning. It looks like a good day here to go back to bed. Grey ,humid and wet out . 80 % chance of rain,so it looks like it'll be a wet one. Steph was supposed to take Cam to Cedar Point today,but she changed it to one day next week since it is probably gonna pour rain all day .

Not much else new to report here . No word from Linda . Does anyone have her phone number so they could try calling her ? Sure hope she's ok .

You all have a good day ,rain or shine .

'morning peeps!

Jules - I don't have Linda's number. I'm assuming she has a cell phone?:think

Joanne, it is fun starting new projects:D

I'm going to look up that Red Heart pattern...thanks!

Off to browse in Home depot this AM....getting my bathroom done and want to look at the tile before we meet the contractor there on Saturday. Too many choices and my head spins....I am distracted by bright, shiny things:lol

Stay cool everyone!

BBL

Judy - sounds like fun shopping and getting a new bathroom.

Julie - you sound a lot better. I'm hoping your early rising means all that sleeping is paying off and your body is healing!

I picked up the yarn I needed yesterday to finish the heartwarming fan ghan. While waiting to go to HL, I managed to complete 17 of the 18 hearts. I'm half way done with the 18th. Back to hooking. I'm going to try to finish this today!

Have a good day housemates!

Jude

so what colors are you thinking on for your bathroom,have you decided yet ?

Val

Yep,I'm slowly getting some power back. Taking longer than I wanted it to,but nothing I can do about that . I'm definitely sleeping a lot .

You are a whiz at those afghans ! You are so speedy at getting them done .

Good morning ladies :hi

The game was fun last night and my ticket was not near Steph's seats so I made friends with the people next to me, there's was a large group together. I tried to watch the olympics from last night that I taped, but was falling asleep so gave in. This morning I slept in and still didn't want to get up, but Ingrid was bringing the kids for 9:30 to the office. I told her she can leave them here while she goes on an interview. She doesn't like where she's currently at and they keep 'jerkin' her around :( And I can't afford to hire her yet, but when I can afford to pay an employee, she'll be working here.

So, I took the kids to Denny's for breakfast and boy they give you too much food and I just got the basic breakfast :eek The kids were talking about our beach trip nonstop, they are too excited :yay

Judy - Have fun at home depot, I always like to look ahead too :yes

Val - :yay for getting the yarn you need....and probably some extra :devil and WTG on your hearts

Joanne - I really like the granny stripes, but have yet to make one....maybe that will be for my scrap ghan that I'm needing to start to use up those scraps :think I have that magazine with the sunny spread and it's really pretty, what color are you using?

Julie - Good idea for Steph to hold off on Cedar Point for today with this weather. How far are you from there?

Hope you all have a wonderful day :hug

Hi all! Luke is occupied for the moment, but Julie's description of toddlers being like ping pong balls in a windstorm is sooo true. :lol

Joanne ~ Your granny stripes and scarves are all wonderful! :clap Beautiful work and colors, too. :yes

Judy ~ The variety of animal squares will be so cute! Your graph ghan's are always awesome. :)

Marisa ~ You're almost finished with your graph ghan! Can't wait to see it. :hook I hate that about the cleaning service...I guess they truly don't think they'll get caught?! :(

Valerie ~ I hope you're able to finish the afghan today! Looking forward to pictures. :)

Hi to everyone I may have missed. :manyheart

DH bought this for Luke and he loves it! He hasn't quite figured out the steering part yet, so we're right with him every second. :D

post-10699-135897772381_thumb.jpg

Mary - Luke is sooo cute on his tractor. I know he is enjoying it. I will post pictures as soon as I can!

Marisa - I was good and only purchased what I needed. Course, I had limited funds.

Julie - I have to be timely when people are paying! It cuts down on wips as well!

Marisa ~ You're almost finished with your graph ghan! Can't wait to see it. :hook I hate that about the cleaning service...I guess they truly don't think they'll get caught?! :(

Hi to everyone I may have missed. :manyheart

DH bought this for Luke and he loves it! He hasn't quite figured out the steering part yet, so we're right with him every second. :D

How cute!!!! :manyheart I can't believe how big he is already :eek

Mary - Luke is sooo cute on his tractor. I know he is enjoying it. I will post pictures as soon as I can!

Marisa - I was good and only purchased what I needed. Course, I had limited funds.

Julie - I have to be timely when people are paying! It cuts down on wips as well!

That's usually what keeps me in check too :sigh:lol

Jude

so what colors are you thinking on for your bathroom,have you decided yet ?

We saw some beautiful earth tone (light/medium brown) 12 by 12 porcelain tiles (to surround the tub). This contractor likes to work with an inset of glass or other tiles as a band 3/4 of the way up the wall, and we saw pretty ones! HD had the flooring tiles set alongside the wall suggestions so you could see how it looks. My bath is so ugly anything would be better!:lol

Hi all! Luke is occupied for the moment, but Julie's description of toddlers being like ping pong balls in a windstorm is sooo true. :lol

It's exhausting keeping up with them!:lol

Judy ~ The variety of animal squares will be so cute! Your graph ghan's are always awesome. :)

Thanks!:blush

Luke is so intent on what he's doing! That was a great idea....

Marisa

sounds as if you had a fun time last night . That'll be nice when you can hire your friend . Hopefully your patient load will increase more really soon,so you can work together .

CP is about an hour from us, I think . Been so many years since we went with our kids . Way back when I still had brown hair .

Jude

The new bathroom colors sound pretty. Maybe you could take a before and after shot !

Mary

That is so cute with Luke on his tractor . Cam had one of the battery operated Jeeps ,and I remember him when he first got it,he learned how to put his foot on the pedal a little too fast the first time,and crashed into the neighbors fence . We went running after him,but he and the fence were both fine. I sure miss those days. Such fun !

Jude

The new bathroom colors sound pretty. Maybe you could take a before and after shot !

I always forget to do that! Thanks for the reminder;)

Hi all,

Busy day- but I left on time!!! Still lots to do - but tomorrow is another day! LOL

Marisa- I am using Vanna's in fern, lime and sweet pea and bordering each in white. At least that is the plan for now!

Mary- That pic of Luke is just too cute on the tractor!!! What fun for a little one!!

Val- You are really making great progress on the ghan! And good for you for practicing restraint @ HL!!- Of course having a set amount of yarn funds really helps with that! I'm trying to make a concerted effort to use stash for my projects right now- it's kind of fun to go shopping in my totes in the garage! LOL

Julie- Glad to hear that slowly, but surely you are starting to feel better!

Cindy- Hope you are having a ball camping!

Judy- the bathroom colors sound great! Did you get to watch the Yankees this afternoon I see that they pulled off a win!!!

I'm really concerned about not hearing from Linda- but I don't have a phone# for her- Positive thoughts that all is well.

Off I go to do a little crocheting.

Hello everyone. Sorry about popping in just here & there but I have been so overwhelmed. I finally decided to take 2 weeks off from school after this class, which is ending on Monday. I need some me time. I hope you are all doing well....I didn't have time to read the back posts.

Tab - life happens...come in when you can. Relax and get some rest during your me time!

Judie - love the colors you've chosen for your bathroom.

Joanne - good for you leaving on time!

I finished the body of the ghan. However, I didn't attach the hearts. I'll do that on tomorrow.

Good night!!!

Hello everyone. Sorry about popping in just here & there but I have been so overwhelmed. I finally decided to take 2 weeks off from school after this class, which is ending on Monday. I need some me time. I hope you are all doing well....I didn't have time to read the back posts.

Hi Tab--Sounds like a great idea to take a couple of weeks off!!! I don't know how you do it with 4 boys, including an infant!!! Enjoy your 'me' time- and pop in when you can!!!!:hug

morning, peeps!

Judy- the bathroom colors sound great! Did you get to watch the Yankees this afternoon I see that they pulled off a win!!!

It was a real nail biter!!

"Me" time is what makes for a happy mommy:)

Good morning all and Happy Friday!!!!

I went to bed early last night and feel refreshed and ready to tackle the day!!!

Have a good one!

There's nothing like a good night's sleep!! I hope your day goes well:hug

Hi to everyone else!! Have our friends coming by today, so will be scarce. Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Good Morning! :flower We took Luke home about 5 yesterday...his mom and dad missed him and were excited for him to be back in his "real" home with them. :) Thank you for all of the sweet comments about the picture. :manyheart

Hi Tabby! Good for you for taking a little break from school! :hug

Judy ~ Enjoy your visit with friends! Yay for a new bath :cheer...we need to do some updating, too.

Julie ~ Loved your story about Cam's driving. :lol The tractor has two speeds and reverse. We have the faster speed locked for now - 2½ mph is fast enough! ;) How is Cam? When does he start school again?

Joanne ~ It's Friday!:clap I hope you're over your cold and that you have a great weekend. :)

Hi Valerie!

I haven't said much about our Linda, but it's only because I'm trying not to worry and keep thinking "no news is good news." Hopefully everything is going well and she's super busy! :yes

Time for more laundry and cleaning and then a trip to the grocery store. Have a wonderful morning, everyone! :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi At least it's still morning :whew

I toyed with some different border types last night on the graph ghan, but wasn't liking any so am just doing my signature simple reverse sc....it seems to be what I always resort to :think Even if I do something, I still always finish with that :shrug Hoping to get at that tonight :xfin

Well, as we know I've been sluggish all week and I was dozing off during the football game last night....Eagles vs Steelers :eek and the Eagles won :clap:yay So I went to bed right after which was before 11. I woke up at 7ish to use the restroom and then I crawled back into bed and slept until just after 10 :eek AND I still feel like I need sleep :think:shrug

I have some errands to run today for tomorrows tailgate and the beach, getting stuff together. Tomorrow we're going to the Pirates game and it's the one Steph organizes yearly for her job so she'll set up the tailgate around 4, games at 7. I think we should have about 100 people :eek Also going to the game on Sunday, but that's low key :lol

Julie - Thanks for reminding Judy about the pics :devil

Judy - Have fun with your friends today :hug

Joanne - Great colors :yes Glad to hear you left work on time and got a good night sleep.

Tab - Don't be sorry, we're glad to have you whenever you have an extra moment to spare :ghug I think taking a couple weeks off is a good idea, help get your bearings together so you don't get burned out completely :yes

Val - WTG on your ghan, can't wait to see your final pic :bounce

Mary - I bet you had a nice relaxing evening after Luke left and you were able to sit back and not worry about him running around :yes

Rest up Mary...:lol

Marisa, I use the rev sc alot!!

And because of the bad weather our plans with friends are postponed... Oh, well. At least I have a clean house:lol

Rest up Mary...:lol

Marisa, I use the rev sc alot!!

And because of the bad weather our plans with friends are postponed... Oh, well. At least I have a clean house:lol

Yep, I admit it...I'm tired and my whole body hurts. :lol Crochet time this afternoon! Enjoy your day...and clean house! :)

Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds like lots of fun.:yes I can't believe it's football time already...it was 108* here yesterday - definitely not good football weather!

Archived