Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning all!

We have been growing and selling at market for 14 years. DH is a 3rd generation apple grower and that is what we started with is apples and it kinda "grew" from there :lol We used to do a lot more than what we do now, but I also have a business doing raw dog and cat food and that takes up a lot of time as well.

Off to get ready for church :yes:cheer

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Morning! :) DD just called and their babysitter cancelled for this a.m. They are going to a wedding shower brunch. Need to leave here by 9:30, so better get in gear. :lol

Have a wonderful morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good thing that you are are available "at the ready" so to speak! Have fun with Luke!

Linda- Wow- two posts in one day!! Yippee!!! Glad that Sweet Pea is settling in and sounds like you have been making friends already which is a great bonus!!! When do you have to go stay with Kim? Is it coming up soon? That'll be an adjustment- now that you are used to coming and going on YOUR own schedule!!

I was supposed to do it earlier this month, but he's had more unexpected expenses, so didn't go. Broken water lines will do that to you and they aren't something you can just ignore. That's fine with me. I've been going over about once a week to watch Kim while John runs errands and I do my laundry while I'm there, so don't have to run to the laundromat.

I was supposed to do it earlier this month, but he's had more unexpected expenses, so didn't go. Broken water lines will do that to you and they aren't something you can just ignore. That's fine with me. I've been going over about once a week to watch Kim while John runs errands and I do my laundry while I'm there, so don't have to run to the laundromat.

Well that seems like a win-win-he can get errands done and you can get your laundry done!!!

I just finished watching the Men's USA Basketball team win the gold!!! Both women and men's team took home the gold!! Very exciting game- as it was close for most of it!

Good afternoon!

Yes, I did get the last skein of yarn. I haven't had a chance to crochet today. We are out and about getting last minute things for my little great niece. She came back from Bama yesterday and starts school tomorrow.

I pulled one of the shells on the ghan when I was showing it to my sister. I have to pull it back into shape.

Linda - it is soooooo good to hear from you. I know you all had several severe storms these last few weeks. Glad all is well.

Have a good day ALL!

Hi Mary! You all must be super busy with the produce, bunnies and pet food, too! It's good to see you again! :)

Valerie ~ It seems so early for school to be starting! Our public schools start on the 27th, but some others start tomorrow. I hope your little niece likes her teachers this year. :yes

Hi to all of my friends at Our House! :manyheart

We're under severe storm warnings, so I will be unplugging my computer soon. Luke was a sweetie today and we had fun playing with trucks, of course. :lol Also, I finished the 3rd strip (out of 7) of the fishy 'ghan. Yep! I'm addicted. :hook

'morning, peeps!!

Right now the temp outside is in the high 60's:c9...oh, Summer hasn't left us: it'll be about 20 degrees higher than that by mid afternoon!:P

I went to Bed, Bath yesterday and picked out the perfect shower curtain for my new shower/tub setup. When it's done I'll post pics and you'll see what I mean. We found a new glass border design that is so modern! In less than a week it'll be done and all mine again:c9

The usual Monday ahead of me....a few staples need to be picked up for the pantry/fridge an some cleaning up. I take a total break from housework on the weekends - and why not? Anyone else who works all week is entitled to that, too!:lol I did no hooking over the weekend, either...just read and goofed off:D

Have a great day!

Good Morning, House. :)

Joanne ~ I hope your Monday is a good one!

Judy ~ How exciting to know that in a few days, you'll have a whole new room!:cheer

The worst part of the storms missed us, but at least 50,000 are still without power this a.m. We were lucky!

Mammogram this afternoon and annual check-up tomorrow a.m. - can't wait. :lol At least they'll both be over soon. ;)

Good morning everyone. I was scheduled to teach a class today, but there were a lot of no-shows, so I hopefully will get to stay home today. It is a gloomy cool day here today, with an 80% chance of rain. its drizzling at the moment.

Judy, I don't do much housework on the weekends either. I did do laundry and run the vacuum on Friday evening though, since I was gone all last week. I did not do any crafting, although I took my knitting with me when we went out of Saturday.

No big plans for today here. If I don't have to teach, (should know within an hour), I may go out and get groceries.

Morning housemates!

Judy - your bathroom project sounds wonderful. I'll be watching for pictures.

Joanne - hope paradise is easy on you today!

Cindy - I hope you get to stay home and do some fun things.

Mary - praying good results from your dr visits.

Temp here is in the 60s but suppose to get in the 90s.

I stitched one of the sets of hearts to the ghan. I'm about to sew the last one to the ghan and edge the sides.

Have a good day housemates!

BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi

I've been sleeping in every day since last week :think But, tomorrow I'll be up early :yes I finished my graph ghan on Friday and after I finish here and check into my other thread I'll be back to post a pic :D Sat morning Steph and I ran a few errands to get the last minute items for the tailgate and food for dinners all this week since we'll all be busy. Now it's all cooked and ready to go. Last night was our only 'family dinner' for the week actually sitting at the table together :shrug

The tailgate was alot of fun and we had alot of people through there. We lost the game that night, but it happens....although I think that was the 3rd in a row :eek However, they redeemed themselves yesterday and won after scoring 9 runs in one inning :yay

I also almost finished a baby sweater for my friend that I started while I was at her house a couple weeks ago (since the ghan wasn't a 'travelable' project) :lol I should have a pic of that later in the week for you. We'll be spending the week getting ready for the beach, we leave on Saturday.

Thurday night I'm going to an event with pyp (the young professionals group) again and then on Friday night I volunteered to help with registration at another run. So, there's a lot to do this week on limited time.

I'm also waiting to hear from Steph, I have to meet the cleaning people to get their key back....but, she already cleared their code from the security system so if they try anything funny, we'll know. But that's another reason why she's just going with the story of me being there longer than expected and they need to readjust finances. It's difficult to make the accusations, without accurate evidence, and just peacefully get out of the situation. I don't think she recommended them to anyone, but she'll definitely tell anyone she knows looking to stay away from them :yes

Mary - It does feel early for football :eek Time just seems to move faster and faster every year. Your fish ghan is coming along nicely. Good thing you didn't have plans yesterday and were able to babysit for dd. I hope your dr visit goes well today....you deserve a treat after :wink

Judy - WTG on all your crocheting and reading. I hope all goes well with the contractor. I always found it easy too to just gel and crunch :lol Now my hair is so super short, the curls are all gone :eek Have fun cleaing today.

Joanne - :eek tornado in Suffolk Co.....that's where I lived when I was out there finishing up school! Glad to hear you love your do, me and Steph did colors yesterday and I'm forbidden from the pool this week to see if it stays any better :think Did you have fun at the fair???

Cindy - Glad to hear you had a great trip and are home safely :hug Saugatuck looks just gorgeous and I'm glad you enjoyed that day as well, even if it did wear you out :lol Did your class end up being cancelled today?

Val - WTG on your hearts and the ghan :h5

Marlene - Glad you got some much needed rain and in turn got time for baking and hooking :yes The cleaners are independent :( How did Payton's birthday celebration go??

Linda - HI!!!!! :hi:bounce:yay We've missed you so much and were starting to worry about you :hug Don't worry about catching up, I think it's alot so you might just be better off moving forward :think Glad to hear your settling in and still seeing Kim once a week. How sweat that your neighbor wants a sweater :D

Mary 2 - Glad to hear you had a good day at the farmers market :hug

Good morning everyone. betweem emptying boxes, having a boute with the flu, and a cold, I managed to complete the crocheting on the two prayer shawls for the Crochet Games with a couple of minutes to spare. Will hide the tails and take pictures later today. I had never worked with either of these two yarns which also increased the difficulty, but they look super nice and are already soft and they aren't even washed yet.

Good morning ladies :hi

I've been sleeping in every day since last week :think But, tomorrow I'll be up early :yes I finished my graph ghan on Friday and after I finish here and check into my other thread I'll be back to post a pic :D Sat morning Steph and I ran a few errands to get the last minute items for the tailgate and food for dinners all this week since we'll all be busy. Now it's all cooked and ready to go. Last night was our only 'family dinner' for the week actually sitting at the table together :shrug

The tailgate was alot of fun and we had alot of people through there. We lost the game that night, but it happens....although I think that was the 3rd in a row :eek However, they redeemed themselves yesterday and won after scoring 9 runs in one inning :yay

I also almost finished a baby sweater for my friend that I started while I was at her house a couple weeks ago (since the ghan wasn't a 'travelable' project) :lol I should have a pic of that later in the week for you. We'll be spending the week getting ready for the beach, we leave on Saturday.

Thurday night I'm going to an event with pyp (the young professionals group) again and then on Friday night I volunteered to help with registration at another run. So, there's a lot to do this week on limited time.

I'm also waiting to hear from Steph, I have to meet the cleaning people to get their key back....but, she already cleared their code from the security system so if they try anything funny, we'll know. But that's another reason why she's just going with the story of me being there longer than expected and they need to readjust finances. It's difficult to make the accusations, without accurate evidence, and just peacefully get out of the situation. I don't think she recommended them to anyone, but she'll definitely tell anyone she knows looking to stay away from them :yes

Mary - It does feel early for football :eek Time just seems to move faster and faster every year. Your fish ghan is coming along nicely. Good thing you didn't have plans yesterday and were able to babysit for dd. I hope your dr visit goes well today....you deserve a treat after :wink

Judy - WTG on all your crocheting and reading. I hope all goes well with the contractor. I always found it easy too to just gel and crunch :lol Now my hair is so super short, the curls are all gone :eek Have fun cleaing today.

Joanne - :eek tornado in Suffolk Co.....that's where I lived when I was out there finishing up school! Glad to hear you love your do, me and Steph did colors yesterday and I'm forbidden from the pool this week to see if it stays any better :think Did you have fun at the fair???

Cindy - Glad to hear you had a great trip and are home safely :hug Saugatuck looks just gorgeous and I'm glad you enjoyed that day as well, even if it did wear you out :lol Did your class end up being cancelled today?

Val - WTG on your hearts and the ghan :h5

Marlene - Glad you got some much needed rain and in turn got time for baking and hooking :yes The cleaners are independent :( How did Payton's birthday celebration go??

Linda - HI!!!!! :hi:bounce:yay We've missed you so much and were starting to worry about you :hug Don't worry about catching up, I think it's alot so you might just be better off moving forward :think Glad to hear your settling in and still seeing Kim once a week. How sweat that your neighbor wants a sweater :D

Mary 2 - Glad to hear you had a good day at the farmers market :hug

Wow!!! Have you ever been busy. I think I'm going to skip catching up as there are 60 pages to go through, although I may just skim through and look at the pictures. :blush

Have a grreat day! Talk more later. I do have some pictures of the apartment to post, but that will be later, too.

Linda, just jump in here....and if you miss pictures just ask us to repost!

Marisa, I've been thinking of making some baby sweater sets...they're just so cute when done!

...just finished cleaning the kitchen and hall floor - on hands and knees with a spray cleaner, bucket of water and a rag. I get in the corners better;) My mom used to do it that way. I use the mop for quick pick ups.

Good Morning, House. :)

Joanne ~ I hope your Monday is a good one!

Judy ~ How exciting to know that in a few days, you'll have a whole new room!:cheer

The worst part of the storms missed us, but at least 50,000 are still without power this a.m. We were lucky!

Mammogram this afternoon and annual check-up tomorrow a.m. - can't wait. :lol At least they'll both be over soon. ;)

I'd rather get the annual done than go to the dentist!:P

Good morning everyone. I was scheduled to teach a class today, but there were a lot of no-shows, so I hopefully will get to stay home today. It is a gloomy cool day here today, with an 80% chance of rain. its drizzling at the moment.

Judy, I don't do much housework on the weekends either. I did do laundry and run the vacuum on Friday evening though, since I was gone all last week. I did not do any crafting, although I took my knitting with me when we went out of Saturday.

No big plans for today here. If I don't have to teach, (should know within an hour), I may go out and get groceries.

I hope you got to have a free day!

Hi guys

No time to read any posts right now-- on the way to the kidney doc. Been yakking down at the grocery store ,catching up on everyone's news in town .

I did see that Linda made it back in ! Great news. Sure glad she is ok . :)

will come back later on and post after reading up on the posts .

Hi again - I made it through the mammogram :wink and it's 105*! :(

Marisa ~ You sure have a hectic week ahead...but then lots of beach time to relax! Aww, can't wait to see the baby sweater. :c9

Linda ~ I hope you're over the cold and flu now. :hug So many people (me, too) have had summer colds this year! Great idea to start over with posts. :D

Cindy ~ Oooh, rainy and cool weather sounds heavenly. Did you get to stay home today?

Valerie ~ Were you able to finish that gorgeous afghan today? :crocheting

Julie ~ Hi! I hope all went well at the doctor's appointment. :manyheart

'Hope to crochet for a while this evening. :chook

Hi again. Yes, I got to stay home today. Work tomorrow though.

I sat out on the front porch and listened to it rain, while I knit a dishcloth. I love sitting out there in the rain. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people that think I am nuts!

I also made a start on my Christmas lists. Every year I plan to get an early start and every year, I forget about my plan until the end of November. Hopefully this year will be different!

Hi ladies!

I did get both sets of hearts attached to ghan body. I have to do some weaving and w round of a border that consists of sc and ch 3s. I'll try to finish and post picture tomorrow.

Julie - hope all went well at the kidney dr.

Marisa - you will need that relaxing time on the beach with your busy schedule.

Judy - WTG on cleaning your floors.

Cindy - glad you got to stay home today. I, too like to sit on the porch and listen to the rain. We had a tin roof when I was younger. The rain on a tin roof was the best sound! We were so sad when we had to replace the roof. Now years later, people are going back to the colored tin roofs.

Have a good night all!

Val, looking forward to seeing a pic of the hearts ghan!:clap

Hi again. Yes, I got to stay home today. Work tomorrow though.

Yay!

I sat out on the front porch and listened to it rain, while I knit a dishcloth. I love sitting out there in the rain. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people that think I am nuts!I think that's so peaceful.....sitting there nice and dry and listening to the rain:c9

I also made a start on my Christmas lists. Every year I plan to get an early start and every year, I forget about my plan until the end of November. Hopefully this year will be different!

Want to come over to the other thread? We need to get going on our projects! I don't even have the yarn for my GD's piano ghan yet!:eek

Have a great night my friends.:hug:manyheart

Hi again - I made it through the mammogram :wink and it's 105*! :(Glad you made it through the mammogram okay, but that's a LOT of hot!

Marisa ~ You sure have a hectic week ahead...but then lots of beach time to relax! Aww, can't wait to see the baby sweater. :c9

Linda ~ I hope you're over the cold and flu now. :hug So many people (me, too) have had summer colds this year! Great idea to start over with posts. :D

I think I'm over the flu, but not totally sure and the cold is just getting a good grip on me. I shake with chills and then pour off rivers of sweat when the the temp breaks. Yuck!

Cindy ~ Oooh, rainy and cool weather sounds heavenly. Did you get to stay home today?

Valerie ~ Were you able to finish that gorgeous afghan today? :crocheting

Julie ~ Hi! I hope all went well at the doctor's appointment. :manyheart

'Hope to crochet for a while this evening. :chook

JC offered to pick up some food and cough syrup for me and I let him do it. Not that he got me exactly what I wanted, but it will help over the next few days.

Hope you all have a good evening. :manyheart

I'm going to have an early bedtime I think. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hope the visit with the kidney doc went well, Julie. :hug

Good morning housemates!

Just dropped my dn off at work. It was pouring rain. Will drop DGN off at school in a couple of hours.

I got all ends weaved in except one of the heart panels. I will do that hopefully this am and do the border.

Temp is only going into upper 80s. Hopefully we're done with the 90s.

Mary - I love your ghans. Beautiful job!

Have a great day ALL!!!!!!!

Good morning!

Feel better Linda! Those summer colds are the pits- I'm just getting over one myself- still not 100%, but getting there- it just seems to linger.....That was nice of John to get you some meds and food.

Mary- The afghans are very nice!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Val- Stay dry!! We're supposed to get T-storms today- hopefully not when I'm driving to/from work. I am more than ready for the temps to start being in the 70's! Guess that'll be here before we know it!

Mary- Wow 105 degrees!! Glad that you got the mammo done and out of the way- I'm like Judy- I'll take getting that done over going to the dentist any day!!

Julie- Hope all went well yesterday at the kidney doc!

Marisa- Countdown to vacation has begun- seems like you'll be busy and more than ready to head to the beach!!!

Cindy- I would love to have a front porch to sit on and watch the rain. That's one thing I always wished I had- a covered front porch! Sounds like you had a relaxing day knitting and enjoying the sounds of the rain!

I went to craft club last night and Phyllis had her beautiful new shawl she made for herself- so pretty in person!!!

Well, better get moving here- to EVERYONE--have a wonderful day!

Archived