Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. It's a gloomy, foggy day here at the moment. I need to run some errands, but I'm waiting until it warms up a bit. Yesterday started out the same, but it was a very nice sunny day in the end. Also have some laundry and cleaning to do.

Judy, just think how great it will be to have a gorgeous bathroom! Do you think the dogs will start barking all over when they come back tomorrow? Also there is another one of those Sherlock Holmes IV books for free at Amazon today. Its a short story: The Man With the Twisted Lip.Thanks! I downloaded the story.:D And yes, they'll bark all over again:lol They're really moving along. Hardly any communication between them....you can tell they've done this a bazillion times before. If the end result is as good as it looks like it might be, DH needs a new vanity, toilet and tile floor in his bath, too:D

Val, I have a whole bunch of projects in the works, a knit dishcloth, a knit scarf, the log cabin afghan, a loom knit shawl, and some more that are tucked away in bags and drawers. I flit from one to the other. None, except the dishcloth are close to finished. And speaking of dishcloths, I really like the two knit patterns in this link. There are two crochet ones as well, but they are very ordinary.

They look nice...great for instant gratification for we slow knitters.

Judy - Yes, the ghan was all me :D How exciting to be getting the bathroom done...I hope the dogs are behaving better :xfin

Lucy is the guard dog and still bearks when they come in and out! Sparkie got lots of scritches from the 2 young men assisting the contractor. Some watch dog:lol

I had to get out - so after a quick erran to the pet store I went to Michaels and got one sk of Caron SS in Harlequin (for a Queen Anne's Lace scarf for a gift for a friend) and RH Soft gray heather - I'm going to attempt to make a hat for DS for Christmas.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. ♥♥♥

We had rain during the night! It was actually enough to do some good and it's still cloudy, which makes me very happy. :D I'm so done with summer...but there is plenty more to come. ;)

Judy ~ Having the noise and people in the house is always hard...don't blame you for going to buy yarn. :hook

Valerie ~ Yes! You definitely need time with your hook in between packing boxes. :)

Marisa ~ You must be getting so excited about going to the beach! Way to go on working on the sweater again. :cheer

Linda ~ I hope you're a little better today. :hug

I hope you are all having a good day! :manyheart

Not sure what got into me, but I've been cleaning all morning. Maybe it's the clouds and cooler weather. :think DH will be in Austin until tomorrow, so I can crochet all evening!

They look nice...great for instant gratification for we slow knitters.

Lucy is the guard dog and still bearks when they come in and out! Sparkie got lots of scritches from the 2 young men assisting the contractor. Some watch dog:lol

I had to get out - so after a quick erran to the pet store I went to Michaels and got one sk of Caron SS in Harlequin (for a Queen Anne's Lace scarf for a gift for a friend) and RH Soft gray heather - I'm going to attempt to make a hat for DS for Christmas.

:lol Makes me think of the one insurance company that has the guy in the house saying he's the guard dog while your away, while the thieves are in the background steeling everything and meanwhile giving him bones/treats!

:lol Makes me think of the one insurance company that has the guy in the house saying he's the guard dog while your away, while the thieves are in the background steeling everything and meanwhile giving him bones/treats!

That would be Sparkie:lol....on the other hand, Lucy would take off the guy's fingers! To give them credit, they DID ask if it was OK to pet him. Despite his wagging tail, Sparkie is an intimidating presence in person.;)

The floor tile is laid (needs grouting), the tub in, and the sheetrock covers the damaged ceiling and walls around the tub as I write this!:)

...it's going to look awesome:D

Judy, looking forward to pics of your awesome new bathroom.

I ran my errands and bought dd's birthday gifts. She loves to open presents, and since she is going to be 24, I bought 24 gifts. Some are just little things, (candy, mascara, socks,etc.) I am not looking forward to wrapping them though!

I hit the jackpot on yarn today too. I got 16 skeins of baby yarn at $1.25 a skein. Most of it was regularly $4.,99-$5.29. (Just what I need, more yarn!)

Anyhow, I'm going to go back to my cleaning now. Dh is out, and I always get more done when he's away.

I ran my errands and bought dd's birthday gifts. She loves to open presents, and since she is going to be 24, I bought 24 gifts. Some are just little things, (candy, mascara, socks,etc.) I am not looking forward to wrapping them though!

I hit the jackpot on yarn today too. I got 16 skeins of baby yarn at $1.25 a skein. Most of it was regularly $4.,99-$5.29. (Just what I need, more yarn!)

Anyhow, I'm going to go back to my cleaning now. Dh is out, and I always get more done when he's away.

What a fun idea- 24 presents!! Have fun wrapping them:eek

Great score on the baby yarn!!! Isn't it hard to resist a bargain like that?

:hook

I can hardly wait!

what fun she'll have!

I hit the jackpot on yarn today too. I got 16 skeins of baby yarn at $1.25 a skein. Most of it was regularly $4.,99-$5.29. (Just what I need, more yarn!)Uh-oh:lol

ain't that the truth!

Glad to hear that the bathroom is coming along so nicely, Judy!!

me too! :D:D:D:D:D

Hope you all had a good day- it's thundering/lightening out there now, so just checking in quick!

Everything looks so green now:)

Off I go. CU all tomorrow!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Hope you got some Ryan time tonight.

Julie, Hope you didn't wear yourself out running errands.

Judy, Poor dogs! Glad you got out for awhile and rewarded yourself with some yarn.

Val, Thanks for the info on the ghan. It's no fun packing, so be sure and take breaks.

Cindy, Those knit dishclothes are pretty. Way to go on your yarn haul.

Mary, Happy hooking tonight :hook

Marisa, To bad you couldn't of gotten your treatment today so you would feel better.

Maya had a little attitude today for awhile. She's usually in a good mood, glad it didn't last long. She helped Grandpa clean out the pond and worked her frustration out I guess. Did some laundry today and set outside for awhile until the flies bite me 3 times.

Hubby has golf in the morning, hopefully Maya and I will find a couple of garage sales. We do have to go to walmart and pick up my prescription.

I'll try and be back tomorrow night or friday. Have a good thursday!

Cindy ~ Wow! You found great yarn bargains today. :cheer Yep - wrapping 24 things will take a while. :lol I did that for DD on her 16th and 21st birthdays...now I buy her one special gift like a spa gift card.

Marlene ~ Had to laugh at Maya's "little attitude." :lol Glad it didn't last long and I hope you find some great garage sales tomorrow!

Judy ~ Having a new bathroom will be wonderful! The yarn and projects you have planned sound great...I love the RH Soft yarn and use it a lot for scarves.

Joanne ~ I hope the storms aren't too bad!

I've really enjoyed the day and evening all by myself. No upsetting phone calls and no need to worry about watering because of the rain last night. I'm on the 5th strip (of 7) of the fish 'ghan and went shopping online for some clothes for Luke and his little brother...that was very fun! :c9 We have wonderful shopping here, but it's no fun when it's this hot! Free shipping is so much easier. :lol

See you all tomorrow! :manyheart

Just picked my nephew up from work. He was suppose to get off at 8:30. I went to sleep about 9.

Got a few things done today(yesterday). However, I didn't do any hooking.

Joanne - hope the rain helped your temps. Did you get a chance to visit Ryan?

Marlene - you're welcome. Glad Maya's little tude didn't last long. Have fun garaging later today.

Judy - they work fast. Waiting for pictures.

Cindy - great haul on the yarn.

See you later on today. I'm going back to bed!

Hi all

Jude

Sounds like they are making quick work of your bathroom and wont be long til its complete. I never thought of the dogs with repair guys coming on . They would sound intimidating,with their size !

Sounds like you picked some pretty colors for your 2 new smaller projects. Are they both for Christmas gifts ?

Marisa

Hope your head is better today. Maybe it's from stress trying to get everything done before leaving for your trip .

Marlene

I know what you mean about Maya's attitiude. Cam has those spells now once in awhile too. He's reaching the magic age of twelve a little early. Our kids all had the ATTITUDE thing for a bot when they were around 1 ,but thankgully it didnt last long .

Cindy

The dishcloth patterns are [retty. I like both the knit ones too,but they sound a little too hard for my knitting level . I'm ssure you'll do fine on them,though .

Sounds like you found a great guy of baby yarn. Whatcha gonna make with it,an afghan ?

Mary

Sounds like you had a nice evening last night . I know what you mean about getting the worrisome phone calls, etc ... that can get really upsetting . You will have the new fishie blankie done soon,then what will be next ?

Val

Hope you got some good sleep last night after having to go be taxi service . You sounded tired when you posted .

Is it cooling off down there any yet ?

Joanne

did you get the chance to spend time with Ryan last night ? Is your work load slowing down any at all ? Sure hope it does soon .

Not much new here. Got my errands done in 2 trips .I think we're set for another few days at least . Cam called from Cedar Point yesterday while they were in line for a ride. He sounded so excited,like he was having such fun . I'm sure he'll tell me all about it this weekend. He loves the roller coasters, the faster the better. I never liked them even when I was young. I liked the Old Lady Rides even before I was an old lady ! :lol

You all have a good day .

Good morning housemates!

Just dropped my niece off at work. Will drop the great niece off at school around 7:10 and nephew back to work at we noon. I did get some sleep. Last night was rare. Someone didn't show up for work and he stayed. He's lead pharmacy tech! The drop offs are all within 2-3 miles.

I'll lay here until time to take the little one.

Julie - you're up early like old times. I hope that means your health is getting better! Did you get Cam's goodies while you were out?

Mary - sounds like you were in yarn heaven last night. Did you finish the fishy ghan?

BBL!

Good morning!

To those who asked- I didn't get to see Ryan- it was storming on my way home from paradise yesterday- so I opted to just get home! DD is working today so I'll stop either tomorrow night or see him on the weekend!

Julie- Work won't be slowing down any time soon- so I just have to grin and bear it! LOL

Running out of time again- it's late and I've got to get a move on!

Hope you all have a good day!

Good morning, early birds! It's raining lightly and I'm so happy. :lol Anytime we get rain in August is a wonderful thing and two days in a row is unheard of!

Valerie ~ You must feel like a taxi driver with the strange hours! :wink I hope you're able to get some extra rest today. :manyheart

Julie ~ It's so sweet that Cam called you from the park...he loves his grandma. :)

Joanne ~ It's almost Friday! :clap I hope you get to see Ryan this weekend!

DH will be home this afternoon and a trip to buy groceries is definitely needed. :lol

morning, peeps!

Front lawn is being mowed, dogs are done barking for now -- and the guys have already been up an down the stairs several times.:P

Hi all

Jude

Sounds like they are making quick work of your bathroom and wont be long til its complete. I never thought of the dogs with repair guys coming on . They would sound intimidating,with their size !

Sounds like you picked some pretty colors for your 2 new smaller projects. Are they both for Christmas gifts ?

Both will be Christmas gifts - though I haven't even looked at a simple hat pattern for DS yet. With the Caron Paints yarn I'll likely be starting that scarf first. The hat will be grey - boring, but practical.

Not much new here. Got my errands done in 2 trips .I think we're set for another few days at least . Cam called from Cedar Point yesterday while they were in line for a ride. He sounded so excited,like he was having such fun . I'm sure he'll tell me all about it this weekend. He loves the roller coasters, the faster the better. I never liked them even when I was young. I liked the Old Lady Rides even before I was an old lady ! :lol

You all have a good day .

Have a good day, Juels and everyone. Off to the food store for a few things. It's a couple of minutes away - luckily. I don't know what I would do if it was further and I could only shope once a week!

BBL

Good morning everyone. It's a gloomy day here, with thunderstorms in the forecast.

I'm working on deep cleaning the master bedroom, but at the moment my back is protesting so I'm done with that for today. I have one wall left to clean and under the bed. That will have to wait for next week. Of course that is only the bedroom. The closet needs work too!

I read on pinterest this morning that floating a piece of a magic eraser in your toilet will get rid of toilet bowl ring overnight. If this works, I'll be overjoyed. We have hard water, and even with a water softener, the rings still appear. They are really hard to get off, so next time I get out, I'm buying some magic erasers to give this a try.

Well, on to laundry....

Dropped my nephew off at work. It is only 85* but it feels like the upper 90s.

Cindy - magic eraser works for a lot of things. The cleaning services in this area keep the shelves empty.

Judy - I hate going to the store and prefer bulk shopping at Sam's.

Have a good day all!

The tiling is nearly finished...love the pencil (thin) glass tile accent 3/4 of the way up! They're great workers and clean up after themselves, getting rid of what we're tossing out, checking for leaks as they put things back together...everything! We have more work for them in DH's bathroom (just a partial job compared to this) and my kitchen counter and sink is something we want to replace.

One thing at a time.:)

Val, DH doesn't like shopping in bulk, so we let our membership lapse for Costco.:P

Good morning everyone. It's a gloomy day here, with thunderstorms in the forecast.

I'm working on deep cleaning the master bedroom, but at the moment my back is protesting so I'm done with that for today. I have one wall left to clean and under the bed. That will have to wait for next week. Of course that is only the bedroom. The closet needs work too!Wow...you are on a roll today!:cheer:cheer

I read on pinterest this morning that floating a piece of a magic eraser in your toilet will get rid of toilet bowl ring overnight. If this works, I'll be overjoyed. We have hard water, and even with a water softener, the rings still appear. They are really hard to get off, so next time I get out, I'm buying some magic erasers to give this a try.

Well, on to laundry....

Boy, if that works all the harsh bowl cleaners will be out of business!

Cindy ~ You've sure done a lot today! I hope your back is okay...maybe it's time to crochet or knit. ;)

Judy ~ Sure sounds like you all picked a great contractor! I love the glass tile. DD had absolutely no complaints with her contractor or his crews and they're very happy!

Off I go to the laundry room. :( I think DD is bringing Luke over this afternoon and we may have him tonight since she has an early appt. tomorrow. :c9 Still no decision on the baby's name and their favorites change weekly. :lol

Cindy ~ You've sure done a lot today! I hope your back is okay...maybe it's time to crochet or knit. ;)

Judy ~ Sure sounds like you all picked a great contractor! I love the glass tile. DD had absolutely no complaints with her contractor or his crews and they're very happy!We were lucky - DH picked the name out of the paper and after seeing picture of his work we hired him. He offered to give us references but we didn't need them. So far so good...and we have him lined up for DH's bathroom - including replacing the window, which he does, too.

Off I go to the laundry room. :( I think DD is bringing Luke over this afternoon and we may have him tonight since she has an early appt. tomorrow. :c9 Still no decision on the baby's name and their favorites change weekly. :lol

Maybe they should put the names in a hat:lol

Going to book club tonight and we're discussing this book. I raced through it because I had to see what happened next.:D

http://www.kateatkinson.co.uk/books/info/?t=Case-Histories

Have a good night, my friends:hug:manyheart

2 afghans I've finished the last couple of weeks..well except for weaving ends

Without further ado.......

The ghan is for my cousin starting college this fall and the sweater is for my friend who I just made the blanket for recently :D

Hello ladies,

Cindy - glad you had a busy and fulfilling day at work!

Linda - I hope you are feeling better. I'm in the process of doing what you did several months ago. We've started packing for our move on Sept 30th.

Mary - glad all is well with you and you're feeling much better. Happy hooking!

Julie - hope your levels are where they need to be when you return to the doCtor.

Judy - what are you up to today?

Marlene - I am soo glad for your son and his kids. Your gd probably is starting to realize that her mother is the problem.

Marisa - I love the blanket and sweater. I must make a ghan like that in the future. My sister loved it as well. Roll Tide!

Well I finished the heart ghan the sun would not cooperate. I'll probably take another set of pictures when the sun is out...picture below:

Beautiful eye candy to all of you.

I'm really really sick. :sick Having so much trouble keeping anything down, including liquids, and then have moved on to diarrhea today.:fever

The just found out that a first coursin died this week. It's hitting me HARD!:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry She had diabetes, too. Didn't realized how much I cared for her!!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Mary - Have fun with Luke. I agree with Judy...put the top 3 names in a hat and let luke pull the name. Do you have any more children?

Judy - enjoy your bookclub meeting tonight. I wish we could hire your ccontractor for our family home in Bama!

I just started another square ghan with lettering. I have to kick it in gear.

Have a great evening and a good night!

Beautiful eye candy to all of you.

I'm really really sick. :sick Having so much trouble keeping anything down, including liquids, and then have moved on to diarrhea today.:fever

The just found out that a first coursin died this week. It's hitting me HARD!:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry She had diabetes, too. Didn't realized how much I cared for her!!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Oh, Linda:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

...do you have something in the apartment to help keep your electrolytes up? Be careful!!

I have to dash now...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:manyheart

Archived