Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda - I'm sorry for your loss! Continuously lifting you up in prayer. I'm sorry you are so sick. I always got really sick whenever I would finally get some time off and my body didn't have to work so hard. I hope you're on the mend soon.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday!!

Linda- So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling good, and about your cousin! Big hugs!!!

Thanks for the tip on the magic eraser, Cindy. Worth a try and I think I'll pop a piece of magic eraser in the toilets tonight and see how it looks in the morning!

Judy- I'll bet you are thrilled with the way the bathroom is turning out! Very exciting!!! I would love to get the counter top in my kitchen replaced. May have to get the name of the contractor from you- I'm going to talk to DH tonight to see if that's something we could do this fall!!

Clock is ticking so no more time for individual posts! So glad this work week is almost over!!! It's going to be a busy Friday!!!

Morning folks

Linda

so sorry for your loss of your cousin. Have you been to the doc for your flu ? Sounds like maybe you should go to see if they can give you something to fight this off .

Maybe your body just finally ran out of steam. You've had some hectic months lately . It takes a toll on your body .

Let us know how you are doing .

Quick howdy to everyone else -- got things to get done this AM .

'morning, peeps!

Contractors son is already busy working on grouting everything....his dad will be by later this morning to open the ceiling under the bathroom to work on the plumbing.

The young guy doing this work came in to the back of the house a little bit ago and asked if I was watching Joyce Meyer on TV (I was). He likes her a lot, too! I liked hearing that!:D

Judy- I'll bet you are thrilled with the way the bathroom is turning out! Very exciting!!! I would love to get the counter top in my kitchen replaced. May have to get the name of the contractor from you- I'm going to talk to DH tonight to see if that's something we could do this fall!!

If you want the name let me know.....

Morning folks

Quick howdy to everyone else -- got things to get done this AM .

Have a good day, Jules!:hug

Linda, I hope you're still oing ok today. Don't overdo!:hug:manyheart

BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi (almost afternoon)

Well, I never made it to the office yesterday :eek Wed night, well....I just don't remember it so can't tell you what I did :think

Yesterday I did my laundry in the morning and then headed over to my friends office and we went for lunch and then adjusted each other :D Then we were just hanging out and chatting a bit and time got away. I had another friend picking me up at quarter to five for a pyp event. I didn't get home until about 10.

This morning I got up and put my sheets and towels in the wash. Got them into the dryer and headed out. Stopped in here quick to get Ingrid's member card for the market that she dropped off yesterday. The market gives fuelperks with the card, so the more you shop the more you can get off a gallon of gas. Hers are expiring at the end of the month so she told me to run down the van and then use that to fill it up. She had $3.50 off so I filled the tank for 25 cents a gallon :clap:yay So now we're ready to head to the beach tomorrow.

Then I ran to Sam's, Steph asked me if I could run up there to get some feta so we can bring to the beach. Then to the post office to get the baby sweater and afghan in the mail. Then I stopped at the bagel shop for an egg sandwich....since it was right next to the PO and I had a coupon for a free coffee :D

That brings us to now.....tonight I volunteered to help at a run so they have me tied up from 5:30-8 and then I'll have to finish packing. While at the office I'm going to 'prep' the van. Fold down the rear seats and fuss with the dvd player.

We're leaving early tomorrow and I don't know if we have internet at the condo so not sure if I'll get in. I can always do a quick check on the phone, but that always seems so time comsuming :think I think we need an app for the phone to make it easy :yes

Cindy - How fun for dd to get 24 gifts :yay Awesome haul on the yarn. Let me know how the erasers work in the toilet please.

Joanne - Sorry the storm kept you from seeing Ryan the other night, but you have the weekend to look forward to now :D TGIF!

Judy - You are just moving right along over there. How was book club?

Marlene - I did get treated yesterday, but I still have a bit of a headache :( I already figured that would be the case. It's more weather related with the up and down right now. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do with that cause :think Glad Maya's attitude didn't last long :whew

Mary - WTG on your fish ghan...and with the shopping :wink

Val - How's your square coming along?

Julie - Sounds like Cam is having a blast and I'm sure you're right that you are going to hear a whole lot of stories when he gets back :yes

Linda - So sorry to hear about your cousin and that you're ill :hug :hug Sending prayers :hug Take care of yourself!

OK, now it's afternoon :lol

Marisa, have a great time - no internet can often be a good idea. More relaxing;)

The bathroom is 99% finished. They're coming back Monday to touch up the patch on the hole they had to make to access the plumbing for the tub (needs to dry completely before they can do that) - and paint that part of the ceiling as well as the bathroom ceiling. They're not leaving any loose ends:D

I haven't been upstairs yet to see how the tiles look since the grout was applied - DH says it looks great! So...we have our house to ourselves for the rest of the day and the weekend.

I need to go buy some Jasmine or other scented bath stuff so I can take a nice bath. This is a soaker tub. Deeper than my other one:)

Oh - book club! We actually had a terrific discussion and everyone loved the book. Many of us are going to read others from this author, too!

The bathroom is 99% finished. They're coming back Monday to touch up the patch on the hole they had to make to access the plumbing for the tub (needs to dry completely before they can do that) - and paint that part of the ceiling as well as the bathroom ceiling. They're not leaving any loose ends:D

I haven't been upstairs yet to see how the tiles look since the grout was applied - DH says it looks great! So...we have our house to ourselves for the rest of the day and the weekend.

I need to go buy some Jasmine or other scented bath stuff so I can take a nice bath. This is a soaker tub. Deeper than my other one:)

A soaker tub sounds wonderful at the moment. Wish I had one. Enjoy yours.

I'm doing a bit better today. Yesterday I was able to keep liquids down and today I've had a few solids as well. :clap I had a shower last night and felt better afterwards, even though I got the chills later in the evening. Not as bad a some this last week, for which I'm greatful. And got in a full dose of meds last night and this morning, too. That will help a LOT!

A soaker tub sounds wonderful at the moment. Wish I had one. Enjoy yours.

It's been many years since I tried using my old tub...with the shape of the tub and with the glass doors it was not comfortable to use - or get out of! Can you join a health club and do water aerobics??

I'm doing a bit better today. Yesterday I was able to keep liquids down and today I've had a few solids as well. :clap I had a shower last night and felt better afterwards, even though I got the chills later in the evening. Not as bad a some this last week, for which I'm greatful. And got in a full dose of meds last night and this morning, too. That will help a LOT!

Wow - you got hit bad! Sounds like you're on the mend, though:hug:manyheart

Good evening! Very busy day at work today, and then we went out for dinner and walked along the river in our little town. We ran into dh's aunt and uncle and his cousin and her wife, as well as the wife of another cousin while we were there. None of them live in the town, but its a great place to visit.

I'm busy doing laundry at the moment, so that I can play tomorrow!

I made it to the doctor's office and now have a fresh vial of insulin. The company is good about saying that they'll send it :D and then failing to do so.:angry Then went to the bank and then to WalMart. Got a bunch of Gatoraide (lemon-lime), stomach settling soda, some yogurt, some frozen fruit pops, and two pies (peach & cherry.) I do feel a bit better tonight but being out for the hour has about wiped me out. I'm starting on another Gatoraide now. I get dizzy if I bend over, so am avoiding that as much as possible. I do feel a bit more normal tonight, but am going to have to be careful not to overdo it.

Hope you all have a good weekend. :hug

I got only 5 squares done. I met my youngest sister and her DH in Anniston, Alabama. We spent the entire evening there. We ate dinner and Shopped.

I'll get more sQuares done on tomorrow.

Linda - glad you're on the mend!

Marisa - hAve fun!

Hi all,

Sorry been off line for quite some time. Been ill.

But am back on track now. Guess it gave me plenty of time to do some crochet, been stuck in bed does have it's positives. :P

Anyway I did stop the vest and do the granny squares as you lovely ladies suggested. I kept messing that up too, was so out of practice that I decided to go on youtube and watched a tutorial just to remind me... Low and behold a zillion quares later... Alright, maybe not so many, ha ha. Anyway I have 8, 15cm squares and am stitching them together as we speak. I will make a slip-over vest with the squares I think.

Just wanted to thank you ladies for your advice. It certainly helped remind me of my stitches and pick up speed again. And make an unusual looking vest out of it. I will post some pics, when the front is done. :)

;)

Good morning and Happy Saturday! It's raining here in NJ- so looks like today is the day that I'll get my cleaning done!! I've been up for a bit- already cleaned the bedroom, stripped the bed, changed the sheets and have 2nd load of laundry going! Also cleaned the upstairs bathroom. Taking a quick break to check in and enjoy a cup of coffee!!!!

Linda- Glad you are starting to feel a little better- rest up- and drink that gatorade!!

Cindy-Good plan to do the laundry last night so you have a 'play' day today! Me, on the other hand, was so wiped out after work that all I wanted to do was watch the Yankees and crochet for a bit. I did throw a piece of the Magic Eraser into the toilet and this morning just did a quick swipe with the brush and it looks great!

Judy- Your garden tub sounds so nice! Enjoy the relaxation time and jasmine (or lavender) would be divine!

Marisa- Enjoy your time at the beach!

Maryd- Way to go on the granny squares! Happy to hear that you are on the mend. I still have a little bit of congestion from this summer cold that I have now had for 2 wks! It's kind of annoying at this point!

Mary in WA- Hope when you post again it will say 'sold, sold, sold'!!

Val- Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Guess today is back to the hooks!

Marlene- Any plans for this weekend?

Mary- How's the fishy ghan coming along?

I started another shawl - so have two of them on the hooks. This one is the Diaphanous

shawl, designed by Kathy North - I found it here- http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2485882

Well, back to the cleaning! Have a wonderful day one and all!

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful day out there today, sunny and about 60 degrees at the moment. I think dh and I are going to clean the garage in a little while. We have pellets for our stove coming next week, and he wants to store them in the garage. Once they are in there, it will be hard to clean. (so much for a play day!) Actually it was my idea to clean the garage, dh isn't so interested, although he agrees that it ought to be done.

Good morning!

Cindy - have fun but don't overdue it with your back. What are pellets and whtbdo you do with them?

Joanne - are you done cleaning? What will you do with the rest of your down time?

Judy - that tub sounds divine!

Linda - hope today is even better for you.

Good to hear from you Maryd.

Still laying here in bed. It is cloudy and gloomy looking here. We had a cold front come through which is good!

Have a good day all!

BBL!

Hi House! I've been busy being "Ammie" and Luke and his mom and dad will be here this afternoon for burgers. :) We're actually getting more rain :clap, but hope it stops...Luke is planning on riding his tractor and there's no way it can be in the house. :lol

Linda ~ I am so sorry about your cousin. :hug I hope you're feeling lots better today!

Judy ~ I'll bet you're enjoying a quiet weekend...will they finish the bath tomorrow?

Maryd ~ Yay for making granny squares. :hook Looking forward to pictures. :) So sorry that you've been sick, but we're glad to see your post!

Valerie ~ Meeting your sister and her DH sounds like lots of fun!

Hi to everyone at the House!:manyheart Time to get busy again. :)

good afternoon, peeps!

We've been out looking at stuff for DH's bathroom....and other things. Now we're exhausted! Too much for we old folks:lol

Hi House! I've been busy being "Ammie" and Luke and his mom and dad will be here this afternoon for burgers. :) We're actually getting more rain :clap, but hope it stops...Luke is planning on riding his tractor and there's no way it can be in the house. :lol

I hope the weather cooperates!

Judy ~ I'll bet you're enjoying a quiet weekend...will they finish the bath tomorrow?

Monday they come and finish off the painting and whatever else needs finishing!

I made it to the doctor's office and now have a fresh vial of insulin. The company is good about saying that they'll send it :D and then failing to do so.:angry Then went to the bank and then to WalMart. Got a bunch of Gatoraide (lemon-lime), stomach settling soda, some yogurt, some frozen fruit pops, and two pies (peach & cherry.) I do feel a bit better tonight but being out for the hour has about wiped me out. I'm starting on another Gatoraide now. I get dizzy if I bend over, so am avoiding that as much as possible. I do feel a bit more normal tonight, but am going to have to be careful not to overdo it.

Hope you all have a good weekend. :hug

Be really careful, my friend:hug:manyheart

van is almost ready for market tomorrow..almost because none of the berries or fruit are in yet :D

Tomorrow early am will load the van, drive 3 hours and sell sell sell!

Good luck! I hope you come back with an empty van tomorrow;)

Hi all,

Sorry been off line for quite some time. Been ill.

But am back on track now. Guess it gave me plenty of time to do some crochet, been stuck in bed does have it's positives. :P

Anyway I did stop the vest and do the granny squares as you lovely ladies suggested. I kept messing that up too, was so out of practice that I decided to go on youtube and watched a tutorial just to remind me... Low and behold a zillion quares later... Alright, maybe not so many, ha ha. Anyway I have 8, 15cm squares and am stitching them together as we speak. I will make a slip-over vest with the squares I think.

Just wanted to thank you ladies for your advice. It certainly helped remind me of my stitches and pick up speed again. And make an unusual looking vest out of it. I will post some pics, when the front is done. :)

;)

Glad you're feeling better!!! And we're always here to help out. So glad doing the GSs helped! Looking forward to seeing pics when you have some!

Good morning and Happy Saturday! It's raining here in NJ- so looks like today is the day that I'll get my cleaning done!! I've been up for a bit- already cleaned the bedroom, stripped the bed, changed the sheets and have 2nd load of laundry going! Also cleaned the upstairs bathroom. Taking a quick break to check in and enjoy a cup of coffee!!!!

The sun is shining now - I hope you can get out and enjoy it!

Judy- Your garden tub sounds so nice! Enjoy the relaxation time and jasmine (or lavender) would be divine!

I have to start looking for the bath oils,, etc:D

I started another shawl - so have two of them on the hooks. This one is the Diaphanous

shawl, designed by Kathy North - I found it here- http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2485882

Well, back to the cleaning! Have a wonderful day one and all!

I LOVE that shawl pattern!! Another one to add to my list:hook

Hi, Val and Cindy - I hope you get to have some R&R today! Maybe with a hook in your hands;)

Have a great day my friends.

Hi all

Like Judy said, the sun did come out!!! I got as much cleaning done as I felt was necessary to get done. There is still some dusting and vacuuming to get done- in the spare bedroom and the 'office' but that will have to wait! LOL

I went and did some errands, got a manicure and then went to DD"s. We had a fun afternoon and evening together- DH was with his oldest grandson today spending some one on one time with him- he turns 18 tomorrow!:eek I stayed until 1/2 time of the Giants/Jets game- which we didn't get to watch too much of since we gave Ryan his bath- what fun!

DH just got home- and he said he had a great time with his GS.

Needless to say I didn't get a stitch in any of my WIPS!!!

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I'll get some :crocheting in. I am going to DD's at 1- since she has to finish my SIL's fantasy football when he leaves for work so I'll occupy Ryan while she does that. :manyheart

Morning!!

So, Joanne, who got more wet - you or Ryan?:lol

I worked ion the Queen Anne's Lace scarf yesterday...it's looking good! I haven't had to refer back to the pattern for quite a while now. It amazes me how people can think up a pattern like this:hook

Off to Delicious Orchards this AM...not sure what else we'll do but it's a gorgeous day out there! Cool and comfy.

Last evening I went to take Lucy for a walk and she saw her "girlfriend" 2 doors up from us. Needless to say the way went by the wayside as the 2 dogs chased each other all around the neighbor's yard. Last night Lucy slept like the dead!:lol

BBL:hug

Happy Sunday, everyone! :manyheart

good afternoon, peeps!

We've been out looking at stuff for DH's bathroom....and other things. Now we're exhausted! Too much for we old folks:lol

Monday they come and finish off the painting and whatever else needs finishing!

I know you're really looking forward to tomorrow! :cheer Did you find what you wanted for the other bath?

Joanne ~ I'm glad you got to see Ryan yesterday! :c9

It rained ALL afternoon and evening yesterday. Luke was happy playing inside or sitting on his tractor in the garage and watching the rain with his dad and Gramps. :) We had a wonderful visit!

A few things to catch up on this a.m. and then it's crochet time for me. :hook

Archived