Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Great news about your Dad. Sorry to hear about your Mom though. I hope she doesn't have to have surgery. I've missed place Maya's scarf that I need to finish off so that is on my to do list this week.

Joanne, Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend. Just like you wanted. Your probably at your craft night right now.

Linda, DD only has to cover her store. But if she was fully staffed she would be called upon to help them. They all help each other when needed. Hubby made venison chili while I was gone and we will be having it for a few suppers. What a squirrel story. It sounds like you and Kim had a good weekend.

Marisa, Wonderful news your first patient. Be sure and frame your first $ and hang it. Congratulations! How sweet of Sloan to ask you to Special Persons Day.

Judy, Lucy is getting creative if she wasn't hurt. She certainly has figured out how to get everyones attention when she wants it. She sure is getting big. Nice scarf!

Dusti, Love the story of the girls in the kitchen. Have you used your Kitchen Aide Mixer yet? Glad DH got a deer so you can have some venison. Your Thanksgiving plans sound like a great way to handle both families.

Faile, Hi!

Wrennie, Hi!

Maya finally is feeling her self. She went to school today and I came home. She now just has to get over this nasty cough. I picked up two turkeys today. I found one store offering turkeys for 59 cents a lb and a 10.00 purchase so I picked up a 20lb turkey for my family dinner near Christmas. Then I stopped at Walmart to get GS (Zac) birthday gift. He always wants jeans that are fleece lined. I picked up my second turkey for 98cents a lb. I picked up a 15lb turkey for are Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner or both. I just need to pick up a couple more things and are Thanksgiving Dinner is all set. I got yams on sale last week.

Saturday I'm going to DIL's and stay with Payton and Jocelyn over night. She and DS are going out. Whatever, I get time with the kids and I like that. I know he will do what ever it takes to be a family again. But she has done some pretty bad things that I would not be able to forgive for. So I guess it's a good thing it's not me.

I got home with those two turkeys and had to defrost the freezer so I could put them in there. Did a load of laundry and I'm ready for bed. Going to be so nice to sleep in my own bed tonight. Have a good one everyone!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got out of work at 5:30 and got to craft club at 6:30~ I had a good time tonight- and I got a knitting lesson from one of the gals! So excited- I was actually able to knit! Of course my first love is crochet- but it'll be nice to switch up a bit. Now to find the time to practice!!!

Dusti- You sure have been very busy--you are such a fun Mom-doing all those neat things with your girls! Your thanksgiving plans sound wonderful!!! Can you believe I've never had venison? Venison stroganoff sounds good--I love anything stroganoff!!!

Judy- Love that pic of Lucy--You can really see how big she's gotten!

Marlene- Enjoy your sleep in your own bed. I'm happy to hear that Maya is feeling better!!!

Cindy- I sure hope you find the knitted slippers you started. You'll find them when you least expect it, just as I will find my camera cord!!!

Linda- Hope you had a good day and got some of your crafting in!

Hi Wrennie and Faille!!!

Hi, ladies....

Marisa, congrats on your first official patient!!!:yay:yay

Yup, those ears of Lucy's are huge....from when I saw her at 6 weeks old with both ears up she reminded me of the movie "Gremlins":lol:lol:lol

She slept on our bed last night....and was good about it till when Sparkie came upstairs. I had to remind her he had his bed of blankets and it was ok....we all went back to sleep. She must have liked him being up there with here because she didn't go charging at him when I let them out this morning.

Bet you didn't know how little space a person really needs on a bed to go to sleep...:P:lol At least Lucy sleeps vertically....she just likes to snuggle against me. DH is too restless a sleeper for her:lol:lol:lol:lol

Have a good day!:hug

Good morning everyone. It's sunny at the moment but supposed to rain later. The leaves are really coming off the trees now. Last week they were at their peak and it was so gorgeous out.

I got quite a bit done on the pink shawl yesterday and am close to the halfway point I think. This one won't be as long as the last one as the girl who is getting it is very petite and likely to stay that way. I don't want her swimming in it.

Linda, DD only has to cover her store. But if she was fully staffed she would be called upon to help them. They all help each other when needed. Hubby made venison chili while I was gone and we will be having it for a few suppers. What a squirrel story. It sounds like you and Kim had a good weekend.

We did indeed.

Maya finally is feeling her self. She went to school today and I came home. She now just has to get over this nasty cough. I picked up two turkeys today. I found one store offering turkeys for 59 cents a lb and a 10.00 purchase so I picked up a 20lb turkey for my family dinner near Christmas. Then I stopped at Walmart to get GS (Zac) birthday gift. He always wants jeans that are fleece lined. I picked up my second turkey for 98cents a lb. I picked up a 15lb turkey for are Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner or both. I just need to pick up a couple more things and are Thanksgiving Dinner is all set. I got yams on sale last week.

Saturday I'm going to DIL's and stay with Payton and Jocelyn over night. She and DS are going out. Whatever, I get time with the kids and I like that. I know he will do what ever it takes to be a family again. But she has done some pretty bad things that I would not be able to forgive for. So I guess it's a good thing it's not me.

I got home with those two turkeys and had to defrost the freezer so I could put them in there. Did a load of laundry and I'm ready for bed. Going to be so nice to sleep in my own bed tonight. Have a good one everyone!

Good buys on the turkeys. You are planning ahead well. Glad that Maya is finally feeling better. And glad that you get some time with the other two too. If son and dil can patch things up and not let the past be a constant source of bitterness between them then it probably a good thing for all of them. If not, it probably won't be a long-term fix. But it good of son to try. Kids do tend to do better with with both parents, but not if the parents are constantly at war with each other. Only time will tell. I'll continue to keep them in my prayers. :hug :hug :hug

Nice to hear from you, Faile and Wrennie. :manyheart

Congratulations on your first official patient, Marisa! :clap :clap :clap And another one scheduled for Saturday. Yay! :yay :yay :yay

Hi, ladies....

She slept on our bed last night....and was good about it till when Sparkie came upstairs. I had to remind her he had his bed of blankets and it was ok....we all went back to sleep. She must have liked him being up there with here because she didn't go charging at him when I let them out this morning.

Bet you didn't know how little space a person really needs on a bed to go to sleep...:P:lol At least Lucy sleeps vertically....she just likes to snuggle against me. DH is too restless a sleeper for her:lol:lol:lol:lol

Have a good day!:hug

It's amazing how much room even a little dog can take up. Glad things went well last night, Judy.

Wishing you all a good day. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

I had a lazy start this morning. Hit the snooze a few times and then layed in bed doing a crossword on my phone for a while before I kicked my rear in gear :wink

I can't thank you all enough for your love and support, it definitely helps getting through the harder parts :hug:manyheart

Marlene - I'm so glad to hear that Maya is starting to feel better :clap And you are in great shape for the holiday meals over there :cheer

Judy - How cute is Lucy, she's gotten so big :eek

Joanne - :yay for learning to knit, and speaking of knitting, remember the sweater I started in the spring that got pushed aside over summer......I started working on it again and have a sleeve attached :yay (I did have difficulty with the shoulder seams, but I think it looks ok however, I have no clue if I did it 'right' :eek )

Linda - You're going to town on your shawl! I can't wait to see it :bounce

Has anyone heard from Julie at all, I worry about her :ghug I think I'm going to send her a 'thinking of you card' :think

Hi Marisa. I haven't heard anything in a long time from Julie. I was thinking about doing the same thing. Maybe we all should. I have her address if anyone needs it. :devil

"You think dogs will not be in Heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us..." by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Just ran across this and thought you might like it.

The Ugly But Warm Hat is easy, cute and quick. I did one in just a couple of hours today. I'm a fan!

"You think dogs will not be in Heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us..." by Robert Louis Stevenson.

YES!

Just ran across this and thought you might like it.

The Ugly But Warm Hat is easy, cute and quick. I did one in just a couple of hours today. I'm a fan!

And I think Julie might appreciate the cards you all mentioned.... :yes

Just wanted to let everybody know I didn't fall off the face of the planet LOL. Earlier today I delivered a whole pile of blankets to my local chapter of Project Linus. I think Audrey is my biggest fan and is always so appreciative of every blanket I make for PL. And she is so enthusiastic about all of the hospitals she supplies blankets for and the children who receive them. I am so proud of the Project Linus patch she gave me to sew on my project bag.

From the beginning I told all of you that I am very quiet and not on the internet much, but I do enjoy reading your posts from time to time and trying to keep up with you guys. Hope you all have a happy holiday, and try not to eat too much pie! I know it's hard, but do your best.

I'm about to head home and decided to check in. I went to special person's day today and it was really cute. I ended up with Averie since Sloan is home sick yesterday and today :( They put on a little show with some songs and instruments. Then the kids got to give their special people a little tour of the school, Averie was so excited to show us EVERY room, not just hers :lol Ingrid did take Sloan to the doctor and there's no infection or anything like that, just a bug that needs some exterminating :wink

I think I have some cards at home that didn't get packed into storage. :devil

Catch y'all tomorrow :hug

Phyllis, its nice to hear from you again. How nice of you to donate your blankets to Project Linus.

Busy, busy, busy at work again. My day wasn't too bad, but it was really busy in the unit. I'm off tomorrow, which is a good thing, because I don't feel well. I have a sore throat and a headache. I'm hoping its just a one or two day thing, because I'd like to go visit my parents this weekend, and I don't want to go there if I am sick.

I did my grocery shopping after work today, so tomorrow will be a stay at home day for me. (I love to be able to stay home all day, and it rarely is possible.)

I'm still plugging away on that sc hat for dd, and still can't find those knitted slippers. I;m thinking of making oldest dd a cowl. I noticed that she has pinned a bunch of them on Pinterest, which makes me think that she wants one. (If you don't know what it is, it's kind of an online bulletin board.)

Just wanted to let everybody know I didn't fall off the face of the planet LOL. Earlier today I delivered a whole pile of blankets to my local chapter of Project Linus. I think Audrey is my biggest fan and is always so appreciative of every blanket I make for PL. And she is so enthusiastic about all of the hospitals she supplies blankets for and the children who receive them. I am so proud of the Project Linus patch she gave me to sew on my project bag.

From the beginning I told all of you that I am very quiet and not on the internet much, but I do enjoy reading your posts from time to time and trying to keep up with you guys. Hope you all have a happy holiday, and try not to eat too much pie! I know it's hard, but do your best.

Hi, Phyllis. It's always nice to hear from you.

Hi all,

A very busy day in Paradise- new employees and all!!! And I'm the late supervisor- tomorrow is my last night then it's out at 4:30 the rest of the week and month and only working late 2 nights in December!!

I'm glad you liked the ugly but warm hat pattern Linda! It really is easy, quick and comes out good with bulky yarn or 2 strands of WW!! Made a couple to donate for our sale- and also a few for the mitten/hat/scarf tree that will go up in December at work!

Phyllis- Glad you popped in--but I'm lucky- I get to see you every week at craft club!

Judy- Hope you had a good day--we should plan another get together after Thanksgiving/before Christmas!

Marisa- Sorry that Sloane isn't feeling well but glad it's nothing major! Good for you working on the knitted sweater! It is after all the season to start wearing them! LOL Love the idea of sending a card to Julie--I worry about her too!

Cindy- Enjoy your stay at home today tomorrow! Love those few and far in between days!

Wrennie- It was good to see your post- and all that work this past weekend that you did tired me out!

Hi Mary and Marlene!

Hi, Phyllis!!! A PL patch - how neat!:clap

And Marissa, I told DS that you saw your first patient....he was so excited for you! He never forgot his first one....it's a landmark moment.:yes

And how exciting to be a guest at school...a sweet day, for sure!

'nite all:hug:manyheart

Judy- Hope you had a good day--we should plan another get together after Thanksgiving/before Christmas!

That sounds like a plan!

Have a good night:hug

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I think a card to Julie is a good idea. Way to go on the hat and shawl.

Marisa, Hope Sloan feels better soon. Sounds like a nice day at school today.

Cindy, Maya had the sore throat and complained a couple of days her head hurt. Hope your not getting what she had. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Joanne, :clap for only 3 more late nights this year.

Phyllis, Nice to see you again. Way to go on the project linus blankets.

Judy, Hope you have a king size bed. If not your going to need one for Lucy the way she is growing.

Hubby started getting on the computer just before he bought his motorcycle. Then he found his helmet on the net. Then last weekend he started looking up his ancestors and we did that most of the day. There is people who have taken the time to go through cemetaries and taken a photo and posted them. Quite interesting. We found a set of twins that died a month apart when they were 4. They are buried in a small cemetary that is located down a lane of some farmers field. We will probably be checking all these out since not far from where we use to live. But it will have to be next summer when it is warm out. The thing I thought about was it's to bad there isn't a way to find out what all your ancestors died from. We can't find anything on his mothers side. His BIL made a family tree years ago so we had a good starter. Going to go see if anything is on tv. Catch you all tomorrow.

Good Morning, Ladies. I think today is all mine. :D Luke has been here two afternoons - DD has had a bug and her DH had to be in court. She's feeling much better now. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Congratulations on your first patient! :clap Before you know it, there will be many more. :yes

Hi to Faille and Wrennie!

Joanne ~ You must be so relieved to have shorter work days now - especially with the holidays coming. :) When DH and I owned our company, we worked 7 days a week...what were we thinking? :lol

Phyllis ~ That's wonderful that you donate to Project Linus! Our local chapter is actually for two counties and we can drop off things at a quilt shop here in Fort Worth. It's past time for me to make more children's things!

Judy ~ You all were so smart when you changed Lucy's name from Heidi. :lol What a character! She is just beautiful and definitely still a puppy. :yes

Cindy ~ I was so sorry to read about your mom - I hope she is improving. Take care of yourself and feel better. :hug

Hi Dusti ~ You and the girls have so much fun...I love reading about your projects! Yay for finishing your "flower bouquets" with plenty of time to spare! :clap And that's wonderful that you'll have more venison in the freezer!

Hi to Marlene and Linda, too. :manyheart As always, I never mean to miss anyone.:ghug Have a wonderful morning.:hook

'morning, peeps!

Judy, Hope you have a king size bed. If not your going to need one for Lucy the way she is growing.

We do...but she still likes to lay against one of us:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hubby started getting on the computer just before he bought his motorcycle. Then he found his helmet on the net. Then last weekend he started looking up his ancestors and we did that most of the day. There is people who have taken the time to go through cemetaries and taken a photo and posted them. Quite interesting. We found a set of twins that died a month apart when they were 4. They are buried in a small cemetary that is located down a lane of some farmers field. We will probably be checking all these out since not far from where we use to live. But it will have to be next summer when it is warm out. The thing I thought about was it's to bad there isn't a way to find out what all your ancestors died from. We can't find anything on his mothers side. His BIL made a family tree years ago so we had a good starter. Going to go see if anything is on tv. Catch you all tomorrow.

Family histories can be so interesting! I only learned, about 5 years ago, that my dad had an older brother who died during the 1918 flu pandemic when he was a toddler because my cousin's wife was doing a geneology.

Morning! Hope you all have a good day!!!
You too!:hug

Good Morning, Ladies. I think today is all mine. :D Luke has been here two afternoons - DD has had a bug and her DH had to be in court. She's feeling much better now. :manyheart

She's so lucky to have you!!!!:yes

Judy ~ You all were so smart when you changed Lucy's name from Heidi. :lol What a character! She is just beautiful and definitely still a puppy. :yes

A demure "Heidi" she isn't! And definitely still a pup!:lol

Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning, still not feeling well. Hopefully rest will take care of this virus. I have to work tomorrow and do not want to call in, since we are so busy.

I have the laundry started and dinner in the crockpot, and those are the only must-do things on my list for today.

It's a really pretty day outside today, and it would be a good day finish the outdoor clean up, but I think I will just let it go for now. Maybe we will still get some good weather for outdoor work next week.

Once I get laundry out of the way, I plan to read or crochet or knit, while sitting in the recliner!

Good morning ladies :hi

I called my 1 patient this morning to check up on him and he's coming back tomorrow :clap Unfortunately he did just injure himself so frequent treatment is needed for him right now.

My sister slipped yesterday and her ankle swelled up although it wasnt bothering her until last night. Now I just talked to my mom who asked if I talked to steph at all and I told her not today. I guess her ankle was keeping her up during the night and she's having trouble walking today. She should get an x-ray and my mom said she told her that but she just said she was going to talk to me :shrug I haven't heard from her yet and I did text her about something else earlier so maybe she did go to get an xray :think

I'm meeting with a massage therapist today to network, so that's this afternoon.

We're going out to dinner tonight with one of our first cousins, even though he lives only about a half hour away, we never really see him.

Ummm, I think that about covers it for me right now.

Phyllis - Great job with all your project linus donations :woo

Cindy - I sure hope your rest today helps you feel better :xfin:hug

Joanne - Sorry you have to be the late supervisor today :hug

Judy - DS is right, it surely is a landmark moment :yes

Marlene - Family trees are so interesting! My sister and I keep saying we want to attempt it, but we're not even sure where to start :(

Mary - Enjoy your alone time today :wink

Be back later.

Good morning everyone. So nice to see everyone in here. It drizzled yesterday in the afternoon/evening. At the moment the sun is trying to break through, but we're supposed to have more rain/thunder storms today and then drop 20* tomorrow. Crazy weather. :think

I did geneology when the kids were small and learned lots of neat stuff. As I'm sorting through things for the move some of that is going to my brother and some to my daughter and some I'm keeping. With all the information on the internet now, I'd like to try to see if I can find out some more on some of the dead ends I ran into back when. I met some of the nicest people through the letters that I sent out and later met some of them in person. We even found a cemetary that one town had lost track of. It was supposed to be out on a one lane dirt road. Quite by accident I happened to glimpse the top of one of the tallest stones through the trees. We climbed through a fence and walked through a pasture and there it was. There was an old fence around it and the stones were very, very old but in good shape. It was almost surrounded by trees. We went back to the courthouse and reported its location. They planned to go out and maintain it and thanked us so much for finding it. Made me feel really good. A little piece of history was no longer lost.

Should be a fairly quiet day here, so I may get some sewing in. :manyheart

post-18634-135897711599_thumb.gif

I'm so sorry guys........its been really rough here!!! My son's 'ex-to-be' has lost her ever lovin' mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has accused my son of horrible things.. and now has gone to accusing me of unbelievable things. My son lost his first fight of temporary custody of his girls. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT EITHER! Oh the long story behind all this................ :sigh

Please forgive me ladies for being so scarce and so scatter-brained!

I am so disappointed in myself... I have let this woman get in my head and cause me to feel and think things that are NOT me! I'm also disappointed in myself for not seeing who she really was LONG AGO!

I'm just so sick.... I will never see my grandbabies again as long as she has them!

love you ladies... miss you bunches... and I am so very sorry for not being around and being so undependable.

:heart

:mug

Hello! Sorry that I haven't been around lately:( Just too much going on and not much in the mood to post. But I have been keeping up with everyone's posts.

BF's grandpa passed away on Saturday-almost exactly two months from the day that his grandma passed. He went into the hospital with what they thought was pneumonia and was in there for 10 days before they realized it was actually lung cancer. Pretty sure he just wanted to be with his wife though and didn't fight. He was 84. We were all with him when he passed and it was difficult but he didn't suffer so that made it easier.

I've been sick with a respiratory virus and I think it's finally going away! Just makes me really exhausted and since I work 12 hour shifts I just don't get enough rest.

Tam- I am so sorry that you are going through all this with ds's soon to be ex! Some people are just plain vindictive and will do anything to hurt someone. It is amazing how some people can fool you. Don't blame yourself! Take care and let us know if we can do anything to help!:hug:manyheart

OOPS!-Got to go, but I'll be back later!

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheartTo everyone!

Archived