Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:pilgrim HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY LADIES!:pilgrim

:ttalk:ttalk:ttalk:ttalk:ttalk:ttalk

Marisa, Glad you or the other lady wasn't hurt in your accident. That's why they are called accidents. I'm fortuante enough to not have to take the highway to DD's. When we could see the highway from two different spots down here the traffic was backed up for a far as you could see. There is always accidents on this highway.

Joanne, Sorry DD isn't going to make it. Better than everyone catching it.

Happy Birthday to your DH! Tomorrow are oldest GS is turning 18. How time fly by so fast.

I have dinner cooking right now. I'll be doing some shopping online. It's much easier. I have never gone to black friday.

I'm thankful for my family, my crochetville family, my Texas friends and good health.

Have a good day all!

Good morning, my friends!

It sounds like there was alot going on with everyone yesterday - nice:yes

Hope you all had a good day- mine was wonderful! I am stuffed like the turkey!!! Need to do some exercise this weekend after indulging today---but it was worth every calorie!!!:drool

Absolutely worth it!:yes

Just catching up on housework today...not much else going on, esp since, even with the lure of a 30% off coupon, I'm not going anywhere near B&N today - it's in the same strip mall as Best Buy, Pier One, Old Navy...and well, you get my drift:lol

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning!

Planning on a nice, lazy day today--except I decided I'd wash the sheets and then put them right back on the bed!!

Not planning on black friday shopping- decided that I don't feel like dealing with the crowds. I may go out later to get my nails done, since it's been about 3 weeks and I don't think they should be too crowded today. Most people get them done BEFORE the holiday!! LOL

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hi! I spent today reading and snuggling with Sweet Pea. Finished one book and started another. I was insane enough to go to WalMart last night for one of their sales items. :eek WOW!!!!!! The parking lot was full all the way to the street and way down the mall. They had run out of shopping carts and there wasn't room in the aisles for any more. I have NEVER seen so many people in one store. :eek I finally found the gift I was looking for for my grandson and a checkout the had a short line and got out of there as fast as possible. There were people with carts piled high talking to other family members with other carts in other parts of the store all over the place. :no I was able to more or less maneuver around because in the nonpopular aisles as it was just me and my one purchase, but I must admit feeling very claustrophobic before I got out of there. :yes It thoroughly killed any desire to venture out today. :lol

'morning, peeps!

Hi! I spent today reading and snuggling with Sweet Pea. Finished one book and started another. I was insane enough to go to WalMart last night for one of their sales items. :eek WOW!!!!!! The parking lot was full all the way to the street and way down the mall. They had run out of shopping carts and there wasn't room in the aisles for any more. I have NEVER seen so many people in one store. :eek I finally found the gift I was looking for for my grandson and a checkout the had a short line and got out of there as fast as possible. There were people with carts piled high talking to other family members with other carts in other parts of the store all over the place. :no I was able to more or less maneuver around because in the nonpopular aisles as it was just me and my one purchase, but I must admit feeling very claustrophobic before I got out of there. :yes It thoroughly killed any desire to venture out today. :lol

I like the hustle and bustle of Holiday time...but do get that claustrophobic feelingyou mentioned in very big crowds. I'm glad you got what you were looking for!

Not much on the agenda today - when I feel brave enough I'll be heading to B&N, but maybe not till next week.

I'll be getting all my December gifties from DH in one fell swoop when I buy myself the nook tablet:D It'll cover the anniversary, my B/day and Christmas. That's fine with me....It'll be an update to my original Nook and I'm so excited!:yay

Later gators!:hug:manyheart

Good moring ladies :hi

I'm glad to see that everyone made it out of black friday unscathed :wink We went shopping, but we went last enough to miss the early crowd and early enought to miss the late crowd so we did not do bad at all. It was starting to get pretty busy when we were headed home. I got some clothes that fit nice, a lined hoodie zip up, rain boots, and some other little things. My mom just told me that my dad wants to go to the outlets in Reading today to do more shopping for me and that the ride would be worth it since I do need stuff right now :lol He's funny, yesterday he was talking about taking a ride in a different direction to the burlington coat factory to get me a jacket he saw on sale even though I said I didn't need it :sigh I do like going to reading and they are fairly cheap to start with the hugest vanity fair that covers 2 buildings and a few floors each :eek So we'll see what I can find. I don't really want to get alot though becaue I don't know if I'm going to lose any more weight. Funny thing is that I'm really not trying very hard :think And I've been slacking on my exercise routing and will be getting back into that now that all the initial work at the office is calmed down a bit.

I think we're going to the movies later to see the Footloose remake, it's in the cheap theater....we always choose from the few movies they show there :yes And it's been quite a while since we've gone. I guess that about covers it for now.

Have a wonderful Saturday ladies :hug :hug :hug

Good morning,

I've been out and about- and went to Trader Joe's, Joann's and ACM! They are all right together so it makes it easy- on the way home, stopped at Starbuck's and got a free drink.

Judy- Your gift sounds wonderful! You'll have fun at B&N when you go to pick it up. Will you be able to transfer the books you have on the orig Nook to the Nook tablet?

Linda- I give you lots of credit for braving Walmart on Black Friday! I wouldn't go there if you paid me-:lol Glad you were able to get in and out relatively quickly and got what you went there for!! I don't enjoy shopping with hoardes of people- I like to mosey about and look and take my time.

Marisa- Have fun at the Outlets! Wow - that is a big Vanity Fair!! Isn't that the place I got my 3.99 Lee jeans when we went to Jersey Gardens? Enjoy the flick!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I'm so glad it's only Saturday!! Today we'll be watching the Rutgers football game which comes on at noon!

Hi all. I slept late this morning and feel a whole lot more rested after my quiet day yesterday and a long sleep last night. John just left to go deer hunting at his friend's place near here. It's gloomy out and supposed to start raining again tonight. We need the rain badly, but I sure don't appreciate the pain the changing pressure fronts cause. Oh, well, such is life with arthritis.

I do have some things to pick up for Christmas, but they don't have to be done this weekend when things are so crazy.

I think I'm going to work on the prayer shawl today and see if I can get that monster done. I'm just over halfway done with it and I've ripped that much out and redone. I'll be very, very glad when this one is done. For a simple pattern it has turned out to be a bear.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and rest of the weekend. :hug

Hello everyone. Work today. Not a bad day either, kind of quiet and low key. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same.

I did like Marisa did and went shopping in the late morning yesterday. It wasn't really very busy at all. I did not have anything specific in mind to shop for, but my sil managed to get everything she wanted. I'm not a huge fan of shopping at all.

Marisa, hope you find some great deals at the outlets.

Judy, lucky you getting a Nook tablet. Dh said I could order one, but I have the Kindle Fire and the Nook Color, which does everything I need a tablet to do.

Linda, its gloomy and rainy here too. Hope that prayer shawl is finally going smoothy.

Joanne, sounds like a nice relaxing day for you.

Well, back to knitting on my snowman dishcloth. (Still haven't finished that SC hat for dd either.)

John's back. No deer came close enough to shoot.

I ended up crocheting on a fillet crochet piece that I started about a year ago and then forgot about got about 5 rows done on it so far.

I'm heading downstairs now. Good night all.:manyheart

Hi House! So sorry I've not been here - but I have read through posts! We had a lovely day on Thursday and only two people stayed here, but the friend of DD's just left this a.m. and I have been blessed (NOT) with a horrible cold. :(

I can't wait to feel better and get my house back in order so I can crochet, decorate for Christmas and crochet some more. :)

Little Guy wasn't interested in turkey or mashed potatoes...he just wanted the crab salad bites, cranberry conserve and spicy olives. :lol

Take care and I will catch up more tomorrow! :ghug

Judy- Your gift sounds wonderful! You'll have fun at B&N when you go to pick it up. Will you be able to transfer the books you have on the orig Nook to the Nook tablet?

Yup - all of my current books will appear on the Tablet... or so I was told when I went on chat with a rep over a month ago as I researched it. I'll make sure of it when I get it. I should also get 25 dollars off because I'm a B&N member.

Off I go for the night:hug

Judy, lucky you getting a Nook tablet. Dh said I could order one, but I have the Kindle Fire and the Nook Color, which does everything I need a tablet to do.

Do you like the Kindle Fire?? I'd like to hear your opinion since - until last night - I was leaning toward that instead of the Nook Tablet.....

Hi House! So sorry I've not been here - but I have read through posts! We had a lovely day on Thursday and only two people stayed here, but the friend of DD's just left this a.m. and I have been blessed (NOT) with a horrible cold. :(

I can't wait to feel better and get my house back in order so I can crochet, decorate for Christmas and crochet some more. :)

Little Guy wasn't interested in turkey or mashed potatoes...he just wanted the crab salad bites, cranberry conserve and spicy olives. :lol

Take care and I will catch up more tomorrow! :ghug

Feel better, hon:hug And Little Guyhas some interesting taste buds:lol

'nite all:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

DD and the little guy came over this afternoon and we watched Rutgers lose:(

I made an earflap hat while he was here and for my first earflap hat it came out good. I think I'll make another one just a little bigger so he'll have another hat when he outgrows this one.

Cindy- Glad that work was easy today- and hope it's the same tomorrow.

Linda- Glad to hear that the deer won! Sorry that the arthritis is acting up but seems like you are still able to crochet so that's a good thing!

I have my Nook and an ipad, but I've been eyeing both the Nook Tablet and the Kindle fire---don't really need it at all since the Nook and the ipad really serve my needs--but there's just something about new gadgets. Good luck deciding which to get --I was reading an e-reader forum on Ravelry- seems that the Nook Tablet has some things that the Kindle fire doesn't and is lighter. Didn't pay too much attention since I'm not really in the market for one.

Marisa- Hope you had fun at the outlets? Did your Dad get you lots of things?

Mary- Sorry to hear you have a cold--my oldest does do and missed T-day! But I spoke with her today- she is starting to feel better-hasn't had a fever in 24 hours- so is on the mend.

Do you like the Kindle Fire?? I'd like to hear your opinion since - until last night - I was leaning toward that instead of the Nook Tablet.....

'nite all:hug:manyheart

Yes, I really like the Fire. It's web browser is better than the Nook, and the touch screen is more responsive. Also the Fire has tabbed browsing, while in the Nook its only a single page. I do not have the Nook tablet though, I have the Nook color. the reviews make them sound pretty similar, the tablet just does a few more things like Netflix and Hulu plus.

Did you get the Nook tablet? Do you like it?

Joanne, I would think that if you have an Ipad and a Nook, you are all set!

Linda, poor John, seems like the deer win more often than not!

I'm sorry you are sick, hope you feel better soon.

Morning!

Cindy- You are right, I really don't need another gadget. My iPad is fine (although it is first generation as is my Nook) They both serve their purposes, though!

Babysitting for a few hours early afternoon!! It's supposed to be another nice day so I'm planning on taking him for a walk.

Think I'll put the Thanksgiving decs away while I've got the energy and bring out some Christmas decs---keeping it simple again this year- just enough to make it festive!

Hugs to all- and Mary- hope that cold goes away quick!!!

'morning, peeps!

Off to Delicious Orchards today - hubby has a craving for their eclairs and I need fruits and veggies....

Hi all,

DD and the little guy came over this afternoon and we watched Rutgers lose:(

Wasn't a good game...at least you had some fun distractions!

I made an earflap hat while he was here and for my first earflap hat it came out good. I think I'll make another one just a little bigger so he'll have another hat when he outgrows this one.

Good grandma:manyheart

Yes, I really like the Fire. It's web browser is better than the Nook, and the touch screen is more responsive. Also the Fire has tabbed browsing, while in the Nook its only a single page. I do not have the Nook tablet though, I have the Nook color. the reviews make them sound pretty similar, the tablet just does a few more things like Netflix and Hulu plus.

Did you get the Nook tablet? Do you like it?

I think during the week I'll have to go to Best Buy and try both tablets. I can bevery content with my basic Nook if the Kindle Fire impresses me enough. Besides, Amazon books can sometimes be cheaper - and right now they don't charge tax:D

Off I go...

It's beginning to look and sound alot like Christmas inside my house! It's always fun to put the decorations out...not so much in January when I have to put them away:lol

It's so nice and warm out for a late November day here. Can't wait to go for a walk to burn off some of the Thanksgiving calories!!!

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

'

I think during the week I'll have to go to Best Buy and try both tablets. I can bevery content with my basic Nook if the Kindle Fire impresses me enough. Besides, Amazon books can sometimes be cheaper - and right now they don't charge tax:D

Off I go...

The Amazon store has a much larger selection of books as well, and their prices are often quite a bit lower. Its one of the reasons I got the Fire. having both a Nook and a Kindle means I can get the good deals from both stores. (although I have the kindle reading app on my ipod, so I could get the kindle books there I suppose...) I have a slight preference for my Nook Color over the Kindle Fire when it comes to reading. Probably partly because the Nook was the first gadget I got and I love that thing. Nothing like having a whole lot of books in my purse at all times!

Another very quiet day at work for me today. My patients family played Christmas music in her room all day, and on my way home from work it was snowing, so I'm feeling sort of festive too.

It started out at 60 degrees outside this morning here, but it has cooled off considerably.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Fun weekend with little guy.:clap

Linda, Glad you were able to get what you wanted in your adventure. Sorry no venison. We had some tonight for dinner.

Judy, What a nice gift your getting.

Marisa, How was your shopping trip?

Cindy, Glad you had a nice day at work. 105.7 is playing Christmas music.

Mary, Hope your feeling better.

I stayed up on got on the net at 12:01am friday morning to buy online and the few things DD and I wanted were gone. 12:07 I went to bed. I did venture out about 4 when DD came home from work. I used the 50% off coupon at Michaels and got Maya a springfield doll. This week i'll use there 50% off coupon and get Jocelyn one to. Michaels was busy.

We came home saturday. Hubby had to do deer. Poor Maya she cried again because she didn't want me to leave. DD says why did you say anything to her. I said I didn't. She knows if she's going to daycare Grandma is going home. I've had her as much or more than her Mom has and I don't think she looks at it like that. My Grandma's were special to me and I spent a lot of time with one of them and we lived with them for 5 years so I know how Maya feels. Next time i'll remind DD that Maya and I have a special bond.

Next sunday is my family Christmas dinner. It's going to be a busy weekend. Friday Hubby and I both have doctor appts, I have my mammagram, he has to pick up his hearing aid and I have to pack for the weekend. It's my turn to buy the turkey (which I have) so I have to take my roaster. I'll probably be making some kind of dessert.

Friday night I'm going to the Christmas parade, saturday there is some craft shows.

Have a nice night everyone!

Archived