Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

Can't believe how quickly the long weekend flew by. Off to get ready for a long week in Paradise! Hope you all have a good day!

Marlene- Maya is very lucky to have you for a Grandma- and the bond between a grandma and a granddaughter is a very special one. My grandma's were both awesome--and to this day, I still miss them!

Judy- Good luck with the testing at Best Buy--it's always fun to try out new gadgets!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, peeps!

Usual Monday here...feels like Spring, so taking care of an overflowing laundry basket and cleaning the bathrooms will be a sweaty exercise:lol

...but first things first: time to get dressed and check out the tablets at the store:D:D:D:D

Later, gators.:hug

Good morning everyone. I spent yesterday watching TV and crocheting with just a little bit of reading thrown in for spice. Worked on the Worked on the fillet piece and the RR for my dil (it's getting there but these last rows take forever to get around ~ just 5 1/2 left.)

Today it's rainy and wet here. Hopefully all the heavy rain will go to the north of us. At least that's what they were forecasting last night. Flash flooding wouldn't actually effect us here, but there are plenty of folks nearby that it would. We need rain, but not that much all at once.

Hi House! So sorry I've not been here - but I have read through posts! We had a lovely day on Thursday and only two people stayed here, but the friend of DD's just left this a.m. and I have been blessed (NOT) with a horrible cold. :(

You poor thing! :hug :hug :hug Hope it doesn't last too long.

I can't wait to feel better and get my house back in order so I can crochet, decorate for Christmas and crochet some more. :)

Little Guy wasn't interested in turkey or mashed potatoes...he just wanted the crab salad bites, cranberry conserve and spicy olives. :lol

Reminds me of the year that all dd wanted to eat was the oyster dressing. I have a picture of her sitting on the counter with her hand in the bowl. :lol :lol :lol

Take care and I will catch up more tomorrow! :ghug

Hope you feel better soon. :hug

Yes, I really like the Fire. It's web browser is better than the Nook, and the touch screen is more responsive. Also the Fire has tabbed browsing, while in the Nook its only a single page. I do not have the Nook tablet though, I have the Nook color. the reviews make them sound pretty similar, the tablet just does a few more things like Netflix and Hulu plus.

Linda, poor John, seems like the deer win more often than not!

Oh they sure do. But that's part of the fun of the hunt, trying to outwit them so they come close enough to shoot. I really think the meat is just a bonus to him.

I stayed up on got on the net at 12:01am friday morning to buy online and the few things DD and I wanted were gone. 12:07 I went to bed. Sorry you stayed up late only to be disappointed. I went out because I figured that they would only have a few of the loss leaders, but was pleasantly surprised with how many of the low price things they actually had. It was at least nice that battling the crowds was worth it.

I did venture out about 4 when DD came home from work. I used the 50% off coupon at Michaels and got Maya a springfield doll. This week i'll use there 50% off coupon and get Jocelyn one to. Michaels was busy.

We came home saturday. Hubby had to do deer. Poor Maya she cried again because she didn't want me to leave. DD says why did you say anything to her. I said I didn't. She knows if she's going to daycare Grandma is going home. I've had her as much or more than her Mom has and I don't think she looks at it like that. My Grandma's were special to me and I spent a lot of time with one of them and we lived with them for 5 years so I know how Maya feels. Next time i'll remind DD that Maya and I have a special bond.

Having a "special" grandma is just that, special. We were lucky enough to have hubby's mom living in the same town with us. She loved having the kids come over to her place. There were totally different rules at her house than there were at ours. They behaved like angels when her friends were there too. I kept wondering if they were talking about the same kids, but it was just that somehow they knew that Grandma Peg's friends were fragile and that they couldn't rough-house around them. And they got to do lots of special things with Grandma Peg. My mom and dad lived about 5 hours away and they didn't see except on holidays for the most part.

Next sunday is my family Christmas dinner. It's going to be a busy weekend. Friday Hubby and I both have doctor appts, I have my mammagram, he has to pick up his hearing aid and I have to pack for the weekend. It's my turn to buy the turkey (which I have) so I have to take my roaster. I'll probably be making some kind of dessert.

Friday night I'm going to the Christmas parade, saturday there is some craft shows.

Have a nice night everyone!

Have a great time with the family. :hug

Good morning, peeps!

Usual Monday here...feels like Spring, so taking care of an overflowing laundry basket and cleaning the bathrooms will be a sweaty exercise:lol

...but first things first: time to get dressed and check out the tablets at the store:D:D:D:D

Later, gators.:hug

Have fun trying them out and making the final decision.

Hi Ladies. :) Thank you for all of the hugs:manyheart ...a bit better today and hopefully it won't drag on too long. :yes DH helped me with part of the clean-up this weekend and the upstairs can wait!

Judy ~ Have fun shopping. :)

Linda ~ Yay for nearly finishing the RR! What colors are you using? Sounds like the deer are outsmarting the hunters. ;)

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day off! How are your parents doing?

Marlene ~ Aww, I think it's so special that you and Maya are so close. Your week sounds like a busy one - and a Christmas get together already! Time for me to get organized. :lol

Joanne ~ That's wonderful that you had more time with Ryan over the weekend. :c9

Hi to everyone at the House.

Time to change laundry and pay some bills. Have a great morning. :manyheart

Linda ~ Yay for nearly finishing the RR! What colors are you using? Sounds like the deer are outsmarting the hunters. ;)

Time to change laundry and pay some bills. Have a great morning. :manyheart

It's a varigated fall mix, burnt orange, beige, and gold. All colors that dil likes. I have one in black, white, and grays for my son.

Good morning ladies :hi

I didn't make it in here yesterday. Saturday I got 2 pair of jeans, 4-5 tops, and 4 bras :D Yesterday, I packed up in the morning, we went out for bfast and I left from there. The drive wasn't bad, albeit busy, until about the last hourish when it started to rain and everyone starting driving 40 on the tpke and it wasn't even coming down that fast :think

This morning I came in and about half of my car is unloaded (the stuff for work) and I put out my xmas tableclothes and mat. That's all I have for the office as of right now. I still have a few more things in the car that need to come in yet, but I wanted to check in with you :wink

Judy - How exciting to get more fun gadgets :bounce It's my understanding that the nook tablet is pretty much the same as the color with more memory, a faster processor, and with better response :think Not sure about the Kindle Fire. If you get the nook, when you register it to your account, all of your books will download. No need to remove the first nook since you can have up to 6 active devices linked to your account :D This I know because I downloaded the nook software to my mom and sister's ipad's and linked it to my account. So now whenever I buy a book, we all automatically get it....no lending necessary. I like Cindy's idea too about having one of each and being able to split up the books between devices to shop around a bit. Although, I think you can buy books from other sites as well and download to the nook, it's just not an easy process. I think I had to download it to the computer and then link up the computer to the nook and transfer it via adobe digital editions, which I had to download onto the nook :think Good luck with your decision, I'll be waiting to see what you've decided. I think Maryann is getting the nook tablet. She's been thinking about the nook since I got mine and didn't want to spend the money. Now I think QVC had the new nook tablet on 5 easy payments :eek That girl cracks me up :lol

Joanne - Yep, vanity fair is where you got those jeans! Everything I got (above)...add 2 more bras and a few kids tops and we spent $120, which was awesome for everything we got :yes Did you take a pic of the earflap hat? I'm totally behind on pics and have some to share....I just keep forgetting to bring my camera to work to share them :blush

Linda - Glad you got some extra sleep over the weekend. How is the prayer shawl coming along?

Cindy - I did find some good deals. It wasn't bad when we went out either :no How's work?

Mary - How cute of Luke...spicy olives :eek I hope your cold is feeling better :hug

Marlene - Maya sure loves being with you....it's always completely different with grandmas :yes:manyheart The xmas parade sounds fun :bounce

I'll check back in a bit

Oh, I sent Julie a card and she sent one back. So I just wanted to let you all know that I heard from her and she's doing alright, just no crafting.....alot of reading though :D She said she may stop by to visit :xfin

On that note, has anyone heard from Cheeria lately?????

Hi ladies!

I'm typing from my nook tablet!

I compared the kindle to it and the kindle had things I didn't like. No contest for me despite some advantages to going with Amazon.

Still figuring it out.

The quality of the videos is amazing!

Marisa, I ran into Cheeria at B&N this past weekend, and she is fine. As usual, she is very busy with the grandchildren.

I've been doing a bit of window shopping for Christmas gifts, but I haven't bought anything much yet. All in good time . . .

Hi ladies!

I'm typing from my nook tablet!

I compared the kindle to it and the kindle had things I didn't like. No contest for me despite some advantages to going with Amazon.

Still figuring it out.

The quality of the videos is amazing!

Oooh, glad you are enjoying it. How does it differ from the Fire?

I didn't make it in here yesterday. Saturday I got 2 pair of jeans, 4-5 tops, and 4 bras :D Yesterday, I packed up in the morning, we went out for bfast and I left from there. The drive wasn't bad, albeit busy, until about the last hourish when it started to rain and everyone starting driving 40 on the tpke and it wasn't even coming down that fast :think

This morning I came in and about half of my car is unloaded (the stuff for work) and I put out my xmas tableclothes and mat. That's all I have for the office as of right now. I still have a few more things in the car that need to come in yet, but I wanted to check in with you :wink

Judy - How exciting to get more fun gadgets :bounce It's my understanding that the nook tablet is pretty much the same as the color with more memory, a faster processor, and with better response :think Not sure about the Kindle Fire. If you get the nook, when you register it to your account, all of your books will download. No need to remove the first nook since you can have up to 6 active devices linked to your account :D This I know because I downloaded the nook software to my mom and sister's ipad's and linked it to my account. So now whenever I buy a book, we all automatically get it....no lending necessary. I like Cindy's idea too about having one of each and being able to split up the books between devices to shop around a bit. Although, I think you can buy books from other sites as well and download to the nook, it's just not an easy process. I think I had to download it to the computer and then link up the computer to the nook and transfer it via adobe digital editions, which I had to download onto the nook :think Good luck with your decision, I'll be waiting to see what you've decided. I think Maryann is getting the nook tablet. She's been thinking about the nook since I got mine and didn't want to spend the money. Now I think QVC had the new nook tablet on 5 easy payments :eek That girl cracks me up :lol

Linda - Glad you got some extra sleep over the weekend. How is the prayer shawl coming along?

Oh, I sent Julie a card and she sent one back. So I just wanted to let you all know that I heard from her and she's doing alright, just no crafting.....alot of reading though :D She said she may stop by to visit :xfin

On that note, has anyone heard from Cheeria lately?????

I worked on the prayer shawl today and finished the crocheting. Just need to hide the tails and wash it. I also worked on a preemie blanket and have it about half done now.

Glad to hear that Julie and Cheeria are both okay.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Have fun with your new nook.

Marisa, You got some good bargins on your shopping trip.

Glad to hear Julie and Cheeria are okay. I forgot to tell you I watched 3 movies saturday on the hallmark channel. They were by Debbie Macomber and they were good if you get a chance to catch them you might like them to. They were Mrs. Miracle, Call me Mrs. Miracle and Trading Christmas. I'm not much of a movie person and they were on one right after the other so you know they were good to keep me there for 6 hours.

Today at pt they taped my back up. Boy I can tell the difference. She said my muscles back there are probably weak to so we are checking it out to see how I do. I can feel the difference with the different exercises they have me doing with my neck and hand.

Thanks for nice comments about Maya and me. I love being a Grandma and a Mom!

I'll catch everyone tomorrow. Have a nice night!

Quick good morning!

Judy- Have fun with the new Nook tablet!

Marisa- glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! Glad you had such success at the outlets! Thanks for letting us know about Julie- I think of her often and miss her around the house!

Phyllis- It was good seeing you last night at craft club- and thanks for the update on Cheeria- I've been thinking of her too---

Mary, Cindy, Linda, Marlene- and ALL---have a good day...Time for this chick to get ready for another not so fun day in Paradise. I had to take 1/2 day off yesterday so my SIL could fix the 'lack of heat' in my car- turns out the water pump was shot and had to be replaced! But thankfully, the auto part supply store had the one for my car and he was able to replace it! So I'll have lots to catch up on this morning!

Good morning! It's calling for more rain today, possibly mixed with snow. Add to that a temperature drop of 20* and it's not too nice here weatherwise, but Kim and I don't have to go out in it, so it's not too bad. I added a few more rows to the fillet piece last night and plan on tackling the RR today inbetween other stuff. Did more staightening downstairs, too. Three weeks and John and Kim's son and family will be here for about a week for a visit. It's six years since the last time. Can't wait to see how the grandkids have grown since I last saw them about 2 1/2 years ago.

Marisa- glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! Glad you had such success at the outlets! Thanks for letting us know about Julie- I think of her often and miss her around the house!

You and me too.

Phyllis- It was good seeing you last night at craft club- and thanks for the update on Cheeria- I've been thinking of her too---

Same here.

Mary, Cindy, Linda, Marlene- and ALL---have a good day...Time for this chick to get ready for another not so fun day in Paradise. I had to take 1/2 day off yesterday so my SIL could fix the 'lack of heat' in my car- turns out the water pump was shot and had to be replaced! But thankfully, the auto part supply store had the one for my car and he was able to replace it! So I'll have lots to catch up on this morning!

Glad he was able to fix it without too much trouble. Have a good, if busy, day.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner. Wow!

I finally got up the courage to step on the scale after Thanksgiving. I've lost almost 4 pounds! :eek How did that happen? :think

Hi, ya, peeps!

Linda, you've been too busy to sit and snack! Hard to crochet and eat at the same time, too:lol

Oooh, glad you are enjoying it. How does it differ from the Fire?

First, the overall feel and quality is better....it is FAST to respond...and the quality of the printed page and display is sharper - at least to me. When I put on the tutorial video at home...wow! I also bought Bedazzled 2 and played that last night. What clarity and sound!

Anywho...I may also have been leaning that way anyway, because I already like B&N and my original nook. But I'm thrilled with it!:)

CU all later today...

Good morning.

Judy, I much prefer reading on my Nook Color to reading on the Kindle. My big complaint about the Nook Color is that the touch screen is not as responsive when I use the web browser as I'd like, but I have read that the problem was fixed with the tablet. Glad you like your new toy.

Planning to run errands today. It is cold and gloomy and drizzly, and the weather forecast says it could snow. I'd complain, but its nearly December and we haven't yet had any snow to speak of, so I won't!

Yesterday I wrapped the Christmas gifts I've bought so far, and I'm pretty close to finished. Of course the hard stuff is what is left!

Hi, ya, peeps!

Linda, you've been too busy to sit and snack! Hard to crochet and eat at the same time, too:lol

You could be right.

First, the overall feel and quality is better....it is FAST to respond...and the quality of the printed page and display is sharper - at least to me. When I put on the tutorial video at home...wow! I also bought Bedazzled 2 and played that last night. What clarity and sound!

Anywho...I may also have been leaning that way anyway, because I already like B&N and my original nook. But I'm thrilled with it!:)

CU all later today...

Glad you're having fun with your new pleased with your purchase. Have fun.

Not too much going on here this morning. I have to work on getting my printer/scanner hooked up on my network :think The fax part is working :) I had my dad send me something over to check it.

Judy - :yay for your new tablet, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Phyllis - Thanks for the update on Cheeria, I know she's always super busy with her grandkids :yes

Linda - :yay for finishing up the prayer shawl. Be careful with the weather if you do end up heading out at all.

Marlene - I love those Hallmark movies and I think I've seen all of those last year :think I just love the Mrs. Miracle ones :manyheart

Joanne - :yay for sil fixing your heat

Cindy - Are you working today?

Hi all,

Judy-- It sure sounds like you are having a ball with the new tablet!!! Did you watch the Giants debacle last night? I watched a bit after craft club, then decided to switch channels and watch Rizzoli and Isles!!! Glad I did!!

Linda--WTG on the 4 lbs loss!!! I agree with Judy- you are so busy crocheting and quilting, no time to snack!!! I was afraid to get on the scale too- finally did this morning- and I'm the same wt as before Turkey Day!! Woo-hoo!!!!

Cindy- It started to rain here today- and the wind kicked in the temps dropped--into the 60's-now it's in the 50's. No complaints here! But it was nice to have my defroster blowing out warm air!

Marisa- Did you get the fax/printer/copy machine all hooked up and working?

Marlene- I've got to watch some of those Hallmark movies- love them!

Off to figure out dinner and then work on the baby blanket for my co-worker!

Joanne,that game was awful from the beginning!!:P

Good morning.

Judy, I much prefer reading on my Nook Color to reading on the Kindle. My big complaint about the Nook Color is that the touch screen is not as responsive when I use the web browser as I'd like, but I have read that the problem was fixed with the tablet. Glad you like your new toy.

The browser is very responsive...almost too sensitive for my sledgehammer touch:lol My next project is to try and figure out how to download a fav pic of mysweet Susie to use as the wallpaper. It's such fun! I don't need another gadget....esp since it'll take me a long time to learn all the ins and outs of this one!

Have a good night my friends:hug:manyheart

Glad you are having fun with the nook tablet, Judy!

The temps have definitely gotten cooler after the rain yesterday. The 70's at the end of November sure were nice while they lasted.

Hope you all have a good "hump day"!!!

'morning, peeps!

Yup, as Joanne said, it's lots cooler here in NJ but bright and sunny. Wonderful:D

I'm not sending out Christmas cards, so that takes lots of the stress out of the Christmas season...and I already have DS's gifts. Need to get something for my big sister and that's it.:)

I'm liking the relaxed vibe....

Not much on the agenda today other than coloring my hair and seeing DS for a treatment. I'm on the last major color change for the border of the baby graph ghan and despite wanting to finish my x stitch pieces I ordered this book, one I saw on Attic 24: http://www.amazon.com/Cute-Easy-Crochet-Adorable-Projects/dp/1907563202/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322613855&sr=1-1

I want to make the Russina dolls in it and then want to branch out into different, small things for a change.

Have a great day, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning, cold and sunny out today, and the predicted snow did not materialize.

I am also nearly finished my Christmas shopping. I have most of the stuff wrapped as well. I buy a lot of Christmas gifts and also send out cards, although I send the cards only to those people that live too far away for us to see them during the holiday season. What I have mostly given, up is baking tons of different kinds of cookies for Christmas. I may bake a few kinds, but maybe not. Depends if I want to. I also did not sign up for the Christmas Secret Santa swap at work this year.

I am still off today, but tomorrow its back to work. I wish could say that I got a lot done on these three days off, but I didn't. I was hoping to finish designing the quilt block that I am doing for a block of the month design on a quilting board that I belong to. It's going to be part of a fall themed quilt and I am pretty much clueless as what to do. I'm trying to stay away from the usual pumpkins and scarecrows. Maybe today will be the day that inspiration strikes!

Good morning my friends. It's still overcast this morning, but there are a few lighter areas in the gloom, so maybe it will clear off later. We had quite an array of percipitation yesterday. Occasional snow (light), sleat (brief), and rain showers. And it was cold. Only in the forties all day with wind. Brrrrr! :wbrr Kim and I stayed inside. I made a brief trip out to get the mail but that was it. I definitely should have had on a warm jacket and hat in addition to my sweatshirt.

Rosie and John made it in late last night. There was no sign of them when I went downstairs at 8:00 but their car is there this morning. Rosie doesn't like to drive in the dark so I didn't expect them in until around noon today, but their own beds must have been calling them. ;) I know that they were having a good time when I talked to her last week.

I'm making good progress on the RR. Just over 2, maybe 3, rounds to go.

And, of course, hiding all the tails. :P

Hi all,

Linda--WTG on the 4 lbs loss!!! I agree with Judy- you are so busy crocheting and quilting, no time to snack!!! I was afraid to get on the scale too- finally did this morning- and I'm the same wt as before Turkey Day!! Woo-hoo!!!!

All Right! I always figure that staying the same over a holiday with lots of eating is a major triumph. Way to go! :clap :clap :clap

Cindy- It started to rain here today- and the wind kicked in the temps dropped--into the 60's-now it's in the 50's. No complaints here! But it was nice to have my defroster blowing out warm air!

Marlene- I've got to watch some of those Hallmark movies- love them!

Off to figure out dinner and then work on the baby blanket for my co-worker!

Happy crocheting.

Good morning, cold and sunny out today, and the predicted snow did not materialize.

I am also nearly finished my Christmas shopping. I have most of the stuff wrapped as well. I buy a lot of Christmas gifts and also send out cards, although I send the cards only to those people that live too far away for us to see them during the holiday season. What I have mostly given, up is baking tons of different kinds of cookies for Christmas. I may bake a few kinds, but maybe not. Depends if I want to. I also did not sign up for the Christmas Secret Santa swap at work this year.

Christmas cookies take an incredible amount of time if you make more than a batch or two.

I am still off today, but tomorrow its back to work. I wish could say that I got a lot done on these three days off, but I didn't. I was hoping to finish designing the quilt block that I am doing for a block of the month design on a quilting board that I belong to. It's going to be part of a fall themed quilt and I am pretty much clueless as what to do. I'm trying to stay away from the usual pumpkins and scarecrows. Maybe today will be the day that inspiration strikes!

Good luck with inspiraion for the quilt block. Does it have to be a new design or can you use one of the ones out there? The maple leaf pattern in reds or oranges is always a good one for fall. Have another good day off today. If you want me to look through my patterns for fall blocks to help you out, just let me know. (I've got lots! :D)

I ran some errands before work today so ended up getting in a bit later than I should have. I have to play around with the printer again today....it won yesterday :eek Then I have to run to the mall this afternoon and we're going to the Pitt vs. Duquesne basketball game tonight :clap I so miss my basketball :(

Joanne - How's your baby blanket coming along? I started my harley davidson afghan last night after going to Joann's and getting what I needed :yes The temps really dropped here too and we're having a rain/snow mix all day today. I love the snow :eek but prefer one or the other, I hate when you get both :(

Judy - Glad you're having fun with your new 'toy' and I'm sure you've figured out the wallpaper by now, you're pretty quick with that stuff :wink Have fun coloring your hair and seeing ds today. I'm still debating on the xmas cards :think

Cindy - Good luck finding your inspiration today. My sister worked late last night because she had a review that needed to be written up and she intended to take care of it on monday, but she didn't because her 'creative juices weren't flowing' :lol Your comment made me think of her.

Linda - Glad to hear that rosie and john made it home safely :yes It's nice to get a cozy day inside at times :wink WTG on the RR. Do you need to go out today, or do you get to stay in again?

Archived