Our House Part Two

JulieKay

'morning, peeps!

HI all

Judy- So how did the hair appointment go? I chuckled at your comment. My hair texture has definitely changed--but like you said, I'm glad I have hair!

It went VERY well! I started going to Ulta earlier this year and happened to get my 1st appointment with the 30-something who is in charge of the salon.

She's good:yes

I had a short do - very short - in mind, but was open to suggestions. She pointed out something that might not make it work with my hair texture and showed me a picture of another short "do" in a style magazine.

It happened to be one I admired on a makeover TV show last week..and is also almost identical to what I had for my HS yearbook photo!:lol:lol:lol

The 60's are back:rofl:rofl:rofl

It barely hits my jawline:D

I had a mani/pedi after work-- Heavenly!!!!

Ohhhh....how nice:c9

Yes, I spent my Kohls cash. I got some toys for the grandsons and a new crock pot. I went to use my old crock pot last week and when I picked it up off the shelf, I happened to touch the cord underneath it. I could feel bare wires, and when I turned it over and looked at it, the cord was frayed where it entered the pot. I think I'm lucky I didn't have a fire with that pot.

Lucky you found that frayed wire before you had a fire! Leaving dogs alone in the house makes me paranoid about fire....one night when I was a kid we had a fire in the dumbwaiter shaft (if anyone remebers those) of our apartment. There's nothing more frightening than waking up to the sound of firemen breaking down your door with axes - and you're 13 and home alone with 2 younger brothers! Luckily it was only smoke damage since a neighbor was awake and called it in quickly. Fire is scary.

When we went to visit my parents last week, we visited the Mary Maxim store in Port Huron. I bought a bunch of odd skeins of yarn for 97 cents each. I started a Shelley scarf with one of the skeins. I think I have enough yarn to make it about 3 feet long, maybe a little longer. It'll get donated to a local school. The hospital that I work with is located downtown and that particular school, district is quite poor. They partner with the schools to provide tutoring, mentoring, and to meet some other needs, including winter wear.

The Mary Maxim store has an incredible amount of yarn on display. More than the local yarn store here. Their own brand of yarn feels really nice, although I have never used it, (and didn't buy any of it either.) I might get some next time I am in the area though.

You definitely have to get more yarn!:yes

I'm going to see the little guy after work today and help DD plan her Thanksgiving menu/shopping!! She has decided she wants to try Thanksgiving this year at her house! I'm very happy to pass this holiday along to the next generation! I know it will be fun - and I'll help her with everything--as will her MIL.

Oh, that's nice - passing on the tradition to the younger ones! I'm already having more back issues when I stand in the kitchen too long.... At least I'm able to keep the T'giving meal very basic since it's just the 3 of us.

Later, gators.:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Its a little gloomy out today, but I am going to get out there and clean up flower gardens. I've done some, but there is more to do. I also have to plant the 75 or 100 bulbs I bought yesterday. Its supposed to rain the rest of the week, so I'd better get to it today!

Joanne, that's great that DD wants to do Thanksgiving. Its nice to know that traditions will be carried on.

Judy, your haircut sounds cute.

Good morning ladies :hi

Don't even ask me where this week went :think The seminar went well and i was excited about the snow :bounce I was probably the only one though. There really wasn't a large amount in Newark, but what did come was heavy and slushy and since the trees were just starting to change, the snow building up on them caused a lot of branches to fall from being so heavy. When the trees are bare, theres only the branches to catch the snow, but add the leaves and all the snow stays :yes So the branches broke and fell into streets or onto wires pulling them down. So we decided not to go out saturday night then for our halloween party :( We stayed in and watched Bridesmaids (it was hysterical!!!)....her sister joined us who had a conference and didn't have intentions on fighting traffic to get back to her house (about 45 min north and were at 15" before we started our movie). A friend from our seminar also stayed with us since she lives on Long Island and we still had the seminar on sunday too.

I missed seeing Joanne, but it just wasn't necessary to battle the weather :( I brought some fingerless mitts to work on and I started them anyway and am on the 2nd one now. They're pretty cute :yes I wanted something small to take with me.

I stayed at my parents on sunday and then headed back here monday. Came to the office and my door to the utility room was fixed so I called the inspection people. I worked on making up some paperwork. Which is also what I did all day tuesday. The inspector came back yesterday and I passed :yay:cheer:bounce So now I can do business!!!!!! I just need patients :lol I had lunch with my attorney, which is the first time I actually met him and he is a hoot :D Missed my realtor who slipped a card under my door while I was out just to say hi. I'll have to give him a call, he is a sweetheart too.

So then I ran up to the community center to get my certificate and big lots is right there so I ran in for a document frame to hang it on my wall. Came back and did more paperwork and got all the things together for hanging that still needs to go up.

Now today, I'm going to hook up my printer to the desktop since the laptop won't come on so I can print my paperwork and see what I still need or what needs to be changed. Hopefully I can get to the hanging stuff too, but if not I'll get to it tomorrow :yes

Oh, and I had a call from a doctor in Maine whose step son just had a baby out here and was looking for an activator doctor (that's the seminar I just had, I've been certified in the technique since 2003) and I am the only one in this area. However, I let him know that I don't actually do activator on infants, but do a traditional adjustment to which he asked a few questions, but I feel like he seemed ok about it (not all activator dr's are) and asked if I do activator on adults. Of course I do, why would I keep my certification for something I didn't use :think Anyhoo, I told him I do either way with adults or children depending upon what they like. I do a couple different techniques so that i can cater to a larger group of people, not to mention medical history can dictate which one I should do as well. So, we'll see if I get a new patient or not (maybe 3) :xfin

Um, I think that's about it for me for now, but I'll think I'll be in and out throughout the day today. :hug :hug :hug

Oh, oh, oh.....my website is up!!!!!! http://www.pancherichiro.com

Feedback is appreciated, both good and bad :wink

I didn't take notes while I read the posts, but wanted to comment to Dusti that it was very nice of you to babysit and give your friend a nice little retreat for some R&R while you were there :hug Your family is gorgeous and I love the rr :manyheart

Judy - Are you going to share a pic of your new 'do'

Hi House! I hope everyone is having a good day. :)

Hi Marisa ~ I was just thinking about you and then saw your post! Your website is great...I love how thorough and informative it is. :clap Congratulations on being "official!" :yay

Judy ~ Your haircut sounds very cute. :yes I'm going tomorrow...the girl I've been going to just went on maternity leave and so I will be trying someone new. :scared

Cindy ~ I hope you get all of your bulbs planted before the rain! Your yarn finds at Mary Maxim sound nice. :yarn How are your parents doing?

Joanne ~ It's almost Friday! That's wonderful that your DD wants to have Thanksgiving dinner this year. We've always loved doing the traditional dinner and will have people here this year. :)

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so glad Rosie and John are back home! I hope you've had some time to visit! The pictures of John were hilarious. :lol

Dusti ~ Wow - you've been busy with Christmas gifts. :clap Didn't you say you had over 20 dishcloths to make? You're almost there! I went to the Lion Brand site and saw the Half Medallion Bag...it's gorgeous! Stay safe with the crazy hunters out there! We have ranch land within 1/2 mile of us and can hear guns quite often - too close for comfort!:yes

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :waving

Hi House! I hope everyone is having a good day. :)

Hi Marisa ~ I was just thinking about you and then saw your post! Your website is great...I love how thorough and informative it is. :clap Congratulations on being "official!" :yay

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :waving

Thanks Mary, most of the info comes with the website and I can choose to use it or hide it. But there's also alot that is customizable for myself that I can change as often as I'd like :yes I chose this company because they have an integration with my software company that allows the patient to fill out some of the initial information paperwork at home and submit it online so they don't have as much to do when they get here....if they so choose :D I thought that was a great feature.

Marisa, I think your website looks really great. Lots of information and easy to navigate.

Mary, it started raining before I got outside to work so nothing has gotten done there yet. Its dry now, but it's really wet out, and its cold, so I might not get out there to work today. Dh said he would help me plant bulbs, so if he suggests doing it despite the damp and cold, I guess I'll suffer!

DD is sleeping since she has to work tonight, so its quiet time for me. bBck to DD's hat, I guess.

Marisa, I think your website looks really great. Lots of information and easy to navigate.

DD is sleeping since she has to work tonight, so its quiet time for me. bBck to DD's hat, I guess.

Thanks Cindy :hug Enjoy your quite time :D

Good morning. Its a little gloomy out today, but I am going to get out there and clean up flower gardens. I've done some, but there is more to do. I also have to plant the 75 or 100 bulbs I bought yesterday. Its supposed to rain the rest of the week, so I'd better get to it today!

WOW! That's a lot of bulbs!!!

Judy, your haircut sounds cute.

I think it is..and so does hubby.:yes This morning I just combed it and then was out and about for my day:D

Judy ~ Your haircut sounds very cute. :yes I'm going tomorrow...the girl I've been going to just went on maternity leave and so I will be trying someone new. :scared

It's nerve-wracking, going to someone new...but this is my 5th visit, I think, with this young woman...and I shared a recipe with her on email. We hugged when I left the salon....:)

Just remember: if it goes "wrong" it's only hair.:hug

Marisa your website is awesome!! But I chuckled when I read about "we"...and staff (I think I saw) You'll get your 1st patients defore you know it!

Joanne...I got my flu shot today - finally:lol

Hi all,

Quick stop in- just got home a little while ago from my visit with the little guy!!

Marisa- Your website is great! Very informative and as Cindy mentioned, easy to navigate. So happy for you!! You are officially in business!!!! Fingers crossed for lots of patients!!

Judy- Glad you got your flu shot!!! And your hair cut sounds great. I'm ready for a change, but don't know what yet!!!

Cindy- did you ever get out to get the bulbs planted? Wow 100 is a lot!!!

Mary- Hope you had a good day too!!!!

Off for the night- see you in the AM!

Hi ya, peeps!

Hi all,

Quick stop in- just got home a little while ago from my visit with the little guy!!

Awwwww....I'll bet it's hard leaving him!

Judy- Glad you got your flu shot!!! And your hair cut sounds great. I'm ready for a change, but don't know what yet!!!

My arm is sore, but considering my needle phobia and the gentle touch of the pharmacist when he gave me the shot, it went well. There was almost a glitch when one pf the questions was "have you been on anti-viral drugs recently) I did have shingles about 6 months ago...but with only the oral meds took and the time frame he considered it to be safe....but left it up to me...

I looked through lots of pictures of hair cuts online. Just know your face shape as best you can... and see if your hairdresser has any ideas, like mine did.

Running behind since I overslept! It's still dark out there!!! Have a great Friday everyone!
It was so dark! two more days and it won't be as bad in the morning...but you'll be driing home at night in it.

Have a good day, peeps!:hug:manyheart

Good morning. Not raining today, which I guess means that I will have no excuses not to get at least some of those bulbs planted. I also need to run a few errands today.

DD is sleeping all day again, so I will have to be quiet. I vacuumed last night, so that shouldn't be hard.

Good morning my friends. It's been quiet so far this morning. It started to rain in the afternoon yesterday and we had a long soaking rain. It quit for a while and then rained again in the night. The ground is wet, but we sure needed the rain. The lake is down almost as low as it was during the big drought a few years ago. Not good.

Dusti ~ Stay safe with the deer hunters nearby. I'm glad it's a short season for you. Congratulations on getting the garden all cleared and tilled.

Cindy ~ Thank goodness you didn't have a fire with the frayed wires on your crockpot. I'm glad you got a new one in addition to the things for the grandkids.

Judy ~ Hooray for the return of the 60's with your new/old hairdo. :cheer And hooray for finally getting your flu shot, too. :cheer

Marissa ~ It sounds like you had lots of fun with the seminar. Hooray for the office passing inspection this time. :yay Your websight looks great! and doing the initial paperwork ahead of time is great. We did that for a couple of new docs in the last year and it was great! If I didn't know some of the answers, I had time to look them up rather just leaving them blank.

Hope you all have a good day and a great weekend. :hug

Happy Friday, House. :) There is frost on the pumpkins this morning! :wgrin

Joanne ~ Awww, I'm so glad you've had another visit with Little Ryan. :c9

Judy ~ Yay for having the flu shot behind you. We were offered "no needle" shots this year...it's like a small air gun and you can't feel anything but a little pressure! Have you finished your essay?

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day! I need to plant some bulbs, too...but I say that every year. :lol

Linda ~ Oh, that's great news about the rain! :yes We are still in a major drought and I actually ran the sprinkler system last night - we're restricted to Sundays and Thursdays. Any special plans for the weekend?

Gracie woke me up at 2:30. :yawn It was all a ploy to sleep with us. :lol We've tried before, but she and Zoe end up running all over the house playing. She refused to go back into her crate and stayed curled up next to me until DH left at 6. Yep, that's our Gracie! :dog

Today will be a haircut and starting to pack for our trip. We always do some cooking there and Gracie will be with us, so we will be taking a lot! And I have two tote bags with yarn and patterns. :hook

I was just watching an emotional piece that a friend just forwarded to me...it's called "Boatlift" and it shows how, on 9/11, all the boats in and around New York Harbor came to the rescue of thousands and thousands of people stranded at the water's edge as they tried to get away from the burning World Trade Center....

Very moving video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eddie-rosenstein/tom-hanks-narrates-boatlift_b_956529.html

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I got all my paperwork printed off yesterday....well, all the stuff I created already anyways. I have some more day to day office paperwork to make up yet too, charts/forms to keep track of things. Then I'm going to print up a couple signs to put in the window and around the office. I don't have signs on my building yet :sigh But my skeleton is in the window and a homemade sign is with him :lol Gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks for your input on the website Judy, Joanne, and Linda :hug

Judy - Yep, the website says 'we' :lol Soon enough anyways. Although technically my sister and Ingrid will be helping when they're able to :think The 9/11 video really was very moving, I agree and I will never forget the day.

Cindy - Good luck getting your bulbs planted and keeping quiet for DD :yes

Linda - Glad to hear you got the rain you needed :yay

Mary - Gracie is a hoot. I hope your haircut goes well :hug

Be back later.

Marisa, you sound so excited to be getting your practice off the ground.

It is only 35 degrees outside, but it is nice and sunny. I got all those bulbs planted and cleaned up all the flower gardens in the front f the house, and along the barn. I also emptied and cleaned all my hanging baskets, flower pots and cleaned bird feeders.

Now lunch, and then a run to the grocery store.

Cindy, I very much am excited!!! This has always been my goal and it's finally here :yay:bounce:cheer After being in Philly for 6 years, I was content until about the last year and a half and found myself quite miserable towards the end, so it was time for me to make my move and run with it :lol And now I feel as though I am back to my old self :yes

Mary, I thnk at my age they recommend the actual flu shot, not the nasal version...

Have a great trip!!

Oh! The "shot" was in my arm, too. :D

Yes, it's still so hard to see 911 pictures or read stories without tears. :hug I think that's a good thing, though...we must never forget.

Cindy ~ Way to go on getting so much done in your yard! :clap

Hi Marisa!

Good haircut, although she got a little carried away. :lol Oh well, it grows fast. :yes

High Ho friends..................

just poppin' in to say :hi HI and let you know I'm still around. Things are getting out of hand with my son's soon to be ex..... so I've been a bit preoccupied with that and havent been around here .... I'm sorry!

hope all is well with everyone.

hows the snow? We had a day of snow fall... a couple days ago... but it melted by morning.

I hope to be around more next week as I have finished all the paper work needed for my son's lawyer.

have a great rest of the day and a wonderful weekend ladies!

Love ya

:heart

:mug

Hi Tam ~ I'm so sorry your son is going through such a hard time. Thankfully, he has you, Ken and siblings to support him. :hug

No surprise, but I just checked and the older condos we stay in still don't have internet! In town, they have free access at the library and one bar...so I may be frequenting the bar. :lol

Here is my Friday photo. :D I was cleaning up my camera and charging the battery...thought you might like to see Zoe guarding Luke's little train.

post-10699-135897709029_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's still so hard to see 911 pictures or read stories without tears. :hug I think that's a good thing, though...we must never forget.

Good haircut, although she got a little carried away. :lol Oh well, it grows fast. :yes

Yup - it does grow fast...:lol

High Ho friends..................

just poppin' in to say :hi HI and let you know I'm still around. Things are getting out of hand with my son's soon to be ex..... so I've been a bit preoccupied with that and havent been around here .... I'm sorry!

hope all is well with everyone.

hows the snow? We had a day of snow fall... a couple days ago... but it melted by morning.

I hope to be around more next week as I have finished all the paper work needed for my son's lawyer.

have a great rest of the day and a wonderful weekend ladies!

Love ya

:heart

:mug

It's a good thing you're able to help!It must make your son feel so muchbetter knowing he can count on you like that.

No surprise, but I just checked and the older condos we stay in still don't have internet! In town, they have free access at the library and one bar...so I may be frequenting the bar. :lol

Works for me:lol

Here is my Friday photo. :D I was cleaning up my camera and charging the battery...thought you might like to see Zoe guarding Luke's little train.

She looks like a statue! Who will be watching her when you're gone?

Lucy riding Sparkie like a horse...

And I heard Sparkie whining this AM...went in to see what was wrong and found this scene: Lucy wanted to get into her crate, and he was already in there, so...:lol

It's his old one, not used for years.

post-8552-135897709033_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897709037_thumb.jpg

Archived