Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning one and all! The sun is shining here too, and it looks like we're in for a nice fall day. The leaves are at their peak and it's not as chilly as it's been the last couple of days. John's planning on being out in the woods all day long, so I'm hoping it's a good hunting day.

Good morning!!! Rise and Shine!!! I've got the coffee brewed!!!!

I'm so happy it's the weekend!!! :D Rutgers is playing Army this afternoon at Yankee Stadium (not going, but plan to watch for sure):cheer

I've been thinking about all our friends here that haven't posted in a while and just want to say- miss you- and hope all is well--:hug

Off to start the usual Saturday ritual!

I'm with you Joanne. Hoping that you who haven't been around in a while are doing and feeling well and are just super busy. We miss you. :hug :hug :hug

Kim and I have The Cowboys with John Wayne on. I've reached the half way point in crocheting the RR and just have two colors to go and a smidge of the third.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, my friends....

It's a beautiful Fall day here in NJ...not too cold, but cool enough to make me happy!

I've reached the half way point in crocheting the RR and just have two colors to go and a smidge of the third.

That's great!

I'm nearly done with the scarf for DS...then will get back to the graph ghan.

I finished submitting my easay for the contest....but won't hear anything till the end of March. That's the norm for anything you send in...contest or publisher..it all takes a while.

Another Lucy adventure: Late last night - near midnight- we woke up to Lucy screaming from her crate....Phil got to the stairs before I did....and slid down several in his rush to see what was wrong (he's okay, tg). Not sure if her collar caught or what....but when we put on the light she was just sitting there looking at us!

Our hearts were racing..

So we took her upstairs to sleep with us. Sparkie was a bit put out. She hasn't slept on our bed since she was three months old. She did beautifully. Might be a new routine

Off I go...

That Lucy is something else Judy!

Rutgers won their game!!! Yay!!!! They are now 7-3!

Have you heard from John, Linda? I wonder if he or the deer are winning. Hope you and Kim are enjoying your girls day!!

That Lucy is something else Judy!

Rutgers won their game!!! Yay!!!! They are now 7-3!

Have you heard from John, Linda? I wonder if he or the deer are winning. Hope you and Kim are enjoying your girls day!!

Hi, Joanne. We just had a call from John. Nothing for the freezer yet although he saw quite a few today. They just didn't cooperate in positioning themselves so he could get a shot. He also saw 7 - 8 turkeys strutting their stuff. And funniest of all, he royally upset a mama flying squirrel who had made a nest in the seat cushion of one of his blinds. :lol:lol:lol:lol Had chewed a hole in it and made a nest in the center of it had 3 - 5 little ones in their. It freaked John out when stuff started coming out of it and it started moving around. The mama came and moved her little ones one at a time to another location, giving him angry looks the whole time. And came back to have a staring match with him for about 90 minutes after moving the last one to safely. :lol :lol :lol He kept trying to get her move away and she wasn't budging. He had upset her little family and boy did she let him know it.

Kim and I've been up front in the house all afternoon and evening. Cleaned the fish tank, had supper and started pinning and cutting out the pieces for the Shanghai Shawl. We're a little over half way done with the outer pieces and I've got plenty of material for all of the different shapes.

Have a good evening. Talk to you tomorrow. :manyheart

'morning, peeps.:)

And funniest of all, he royally upset a mama flying squirrel who had made a nest in the seat cushion of one of his blinds. :lol :lol :lol :lol Had chewed a hole in it and made a nest in the center of it had 3 - 5 little ones in their. It freaked John out when stuff started coming out of it and it started moving around. The mama came and moved her little ones one at a time to another location, giving him angry looks the whole time. And came back to have a staring match with him for about 90 minutes after moving the last one to safely. :lol :lol :lol He kept trying to get her move away and she wasn't budging. He had upset her little family and boy did she let him know it.

Oh, that's a hoot! One brave tiny squirrel!!

Kim and I've been up front in the house all afternoon and evening. Cleaned the fish tank, had supper and started pinning and cutting out the pieces for the Shanghai Shawl. We're a little over half way done with the outer pieces and I've got plenty of material for all of the different shapes.

You're so patient to be doing all that sewing! Are you enjoying your new machines?

...Miss Lucy fell off the bed at 1:30AM:loco

....we'll have to see how tired we are tonight and see if we can give sleeping in the bedroom another try:lol

Finished DS's scarf...will try and post a pic today:D

Have a good one, my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi, Joanne. We just had a call from John. Nothing for the freezer yet although he saw quite a few today. They just didn't cooperate in positioning themselves so he could get a shot. He also saw 7 - 8 turkeys strutting their stuff. And funniest of all, he royally upset a mama flying squirrel who had made a nest in the seat cushion of one of his blinds. :lol:lol:lol:lol Had chewed a hole in it and made a nest in the center of it had 3 - 5 little ones in their. It freaked John out when stuff started coming out of it and it started moving around. The mama came and moved her little ones one at a time to another location, giving him angry looks the whole time. And came back to have a staring match with him for about 90 minutes after moving the last one to safely. :lol :lol :lol He kept trying to get her move away and she wasn't budging. He had upset her little family and boy did she let him know it.

Have a good evening. Talk to you tomorrow. :manyheart

Sounds like you and Kim have been keeping busy- and you are making lots of progress on your Shanghai Shawl!!! the Mama Squirrel didn't want ANYONE messing with her babies!:lol

'morning, peeps.:)

You're so patient to be doing all that sewing! Are you enjoying your new machines?

...Miss Lucy fell off the bed at 1:30AM:loco

....we'll have to see how tired we are tonight and see if we can give sleeping in the bedroom another try:lol

Finished DS's scarf...will try and post a pic today:D

Have a good one, my friends:hug:manyheart

Oh, my--that Miss Lucy is quite the handful-I assume she is ok? She was doing ok in the crate until the other night wasn't she? Congrats on finishing DS scarf.

I took pics of my recent projects, but forget where I put the camera cord:think I know I'll remember when I'm NOT looking for it!:lol

Good morning. Of to church and then plan to spend the afternoon relaxing.

Oh, Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!!

Hi Ladies. :manyheart It's been non-stop "stuff" around here since I posted on Thursday and we're hoping for a quiet afternoon. :yes Zoe came home Friday and is doing just fine...she is all cuddly and sweet which isn't normal for her. :lol Still trying to catch up from the mini trip so I can start planning (and cleaning) for Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone is okay and having a good weekend. :ghug

Good morning/afternoon. I finished cutting out the pieces for the outside of the Shanghai Shawl before going to bed last night. Plan on doing some sewing later today maybe. I've gotten the new machine out of the packing, but haven't actually done any maching sewing in the last week to try it out. I've retrieved and read the paper. All except the comics which Kim swiped from me and wouldn't let me have. :lol

Poor Lucy! And poor you and hubby, Judy. That must have been a shock for all three of you. :eek Both Sweet Pea and Trouble were curled up between Kim and I last night. Took a little while for them to settle down and find their spots since they only sleep together when it's just Kim and I or just me.

How many are you having for Thanksgiving dinner Mary? Didn't you just have a ton of people there? What is there to clean up in this short a time? :lol

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll check back in in a bit. :manyheart

Oh, my--that Miss Lucy is quite the handful-I assume she is ok? She was doing ok in the crate until the other night wasn't she? Congrats on finishing DS scarf.

She is a handful! She's built like a tank, and seemed fine - just as shocked as we were and clingy:lol:lol:lol

Good morning. Of to church and then plan to spend the afternoon relaxing.

That's what I did:yes

Oh, Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!!

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Zoe came home Friday and is doing just fine...she is all cuddly and sweet which isn't normal for her. :lolShe might be afraid you're going to leave her! I brought Lucy in to get her nails trimmed the other day and when we walked in the door she stood up and put her paws on me as if to ay, NO, MOMMY! :lolStill trying to catch up from the mini trip so I can start planning (and cleaning) for Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone is okay and having a good weekend. :ghug

T'Giving is around the corner!!!!!!!!!:eek

Poor Lucy! And poor you and hubby, Judy. That must have been a shock for all three of you. :eek Both Sweet Pea and Trouble were curled up between Kim and I last night. Took a little while for them to settle down and find their spots since they only sleep together when it's just Kim and I or just me.

Lucy won't let Sparkie up on the bed - or even upstairs! And if he gets up there first, he's the same...what battles they have. I'm hoping that settles down over time. Sparkie sneaks up after she falls asleep and lays on his blankie in the hallway.

The scarf doesn't show up that well, but it came out great - it's from the link Joanne posted a week or so ago....

Have a good night, my friends.

post-8552-135897710962_thumb.jpg

John got home about 3:30 so I ran a few errands and filled up the car. It seems so wrong for it to be dark at 6:00 all of a sudden.

Going to take it easy this evening and have an early bedtime.

Hugs to everyone. :hug:hug:hug

Quick commercial break from the Giants game....

the scarf came out great Judy! That pattern is one I'm going to make for one of the men- either DH, SIL or DD's BF----or maybe all three!!:lol

Have a relaxing evening Linda

I made another Ugly but Warm hat and a cowl to match!

Back to the game!

Morning glories!

Another wonderful Monday about to begin--and a long one at that---but I get to end the day with craft club!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday

Marisa- Good luck with your first patient! How exciting---you are officially open for business today!!!!

'morning, ladies!

Not too crazy a day for me today....

I hope everyone has a good one!

Joanne, enjoy craft club!

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning! I don't have any really big plans for today. Think I'll spent at least part of it either sewing, crocheting, or both.

Oh, Linda- I take it the deer won?:clap

;)

Yep! The deer won. And the squirrels, too. They didn't get a shot at anything until right before they were to go home, so didn't take the shots, as it would have taken too much time to get them to the processor.

Have a wonderful day. :hug :hug

Good morning, Friends :ghug

We have been crazy-busy over the past two weeks. I am not feeling frazzled or worried, but I am consistently crossing items off of my 'to do' list, which is a grand feeling :) DH spent 10 days at his family's cabin, and he finally saw and shot a deer on the final day of the season :whewI thought we were going to be going into winter without any venison in the freezer, but we will have enough to last us awhile. We process it ourselves, but not until later in the week -- temps are very cool and crisp, so it is perfect weather for processing. Next week, we are planning a big dinner of venison stroganoff with our neighbors, and I can hardly wait, as that is my favorite way to prepare it. Yummy.

While DH was gone, the girls and I ran down to visit my parents for a weekend, I volunteered at school for 2 full days, we drove over to Grand Forks for a fun shopping trip and lunch out, and we made a gigantic mess in the kitchen as I let them play their version of 'Master Chef.' This latter was yesterday's activity, as it was really overcast and cool, and I wanted to reward them for being so good and helpful while DH was out hunting. I made a batch of pie crust in the morning, and then I let them at it to come up with their own (pop-tart) toaster pastry concoctions. I had set out varieties of jam, peanut butter, pumpkin butter, mini chocolate chips, ground cinnamon and ginger, chocolate sauce, cream cheese, marshmallows, and sliced strawberries. Yes, the end results were just as sweet and crunchy as you are imagining :lol But, they had fun, and dessert was made for me :tup I chose a pumpkin butter with marshmallows and ground ginger for my taste test, and I thought it was pretty good. The girls were still giggling and surprised that, "Mommy ate our winning recipe," when they talked with my mum on the telephone last night. It does not take much to make them happy :manyheart

I have been crocheting right-along. I finished all of the flower bouquets and leaves that I want to give away during the upcoming holidays. I still need to find 4 mugs to fill, but that will not be too hard in one of my shopping trips. I picked up a tear-off pattern at Jo-Ann's for a Crochet Bobble Bangle, and I love this pattern. I have made 5 already, using Red Heart Shimmer. Gramma, Mum, the girls and I are all going to be sporting them this winter. If you are interested, Wal-mart sells 1-inch wide rubber bracelets for $1.88, and they are absolutely perfect for this pattern. Much more economical than the 1" cuff bracelets I originally thought I would use, which were upwards of $6 each :eek. I made a quick, slouch-y beret of my own design for Kyri last week, when we realized her hat from last year did not fit. Whose head grows over the summer?!? Apparently, "A 4th grader's." :lol

I see we are all starting to get into the Thanksgiving-mode. If all goes well, we will go down and have Thanksgiving Dinner with DH's family on Thursday, and then, we will have a dinner with my relatives on Saturday evening. It is kind of nice to spread-out the large meals. I am bringing the turkeys for my family's gathering, and I will help Mum pull the rest of the meal together in her kitchen. To DH's, I will bring a couple of pecan pies and a crockpot full of cornbread-sausage dressing. So much can be done ahead of time, that I am not even worried. I do not have to clean my house, too, and that helps ;)

Have a good Monday:flower

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Sounds like all is well here. Well, my first patient scheduled for today called to reschedule because she has to stay late to work and to be safe, we scheduled for saturday :eek However, I still did have my first patient today. He just walked in and it was even someone that we don't already know :yay:cheer

Other than that, just trying to keep things in order :think

I'm gonna run because I have some things to do and will probably be back tomorrow morning. I have to leave early tomorrow because it's special person's day at Ingrid's kids school and the boy, sloan, asked me to go.....how could one say no :manyheart Ingrid told him not to ask me bc she figured I'd be busy, but I told her that if I had any patients I can schedule them around that time :lol It's nice to work for myself :yes So he's all excited and averie, the girl, ask her uncle (my sister's bf) to go. However, he's laid off and got called with a job on friday to start today so now he can't go. BUT, he got to the job today for training for the site and he was not given correct info when they called him. He was told 6 10 hour day for 4 weeks and when he got there they told him 7 10 hour days, overnights, which means zero time off, so now he might turn it down...I'm not sure, but my sister told him she'd back him with whatever decision he made. He's an electrician and part of the union, so when he gets laid off (usually in the winter months) he's on a list & they call him when there's a job available, so he does have a little flexibility in what he accepts :yes So, we'll see if he ends up going tomorrow....Averie would really be surprised and soooo excited!!!! She definitely understood about him not being able to go though, god love her.

Ok, I'm rambling, but I'll see y'all tomorrow :hug

Popping in to say hi!

HI!!

Been super busy. Worked all weekend getting firewood. What a great but exhaustisng work out!

have to get moving on my swap too. Maybe thursday. I took off for a dr appt and will have to whole day to do stuff.

Have a great night everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone.

Dusti, you sound like such a fun mom! Also a very busy mom.

Nothing much to report here. Work went well today. Hopefully tomorrow is the same.

Quite a while ago, I started some knitted slippers, and now I can't find them. I've looked everywhere for those things, and can't imagine what happened to them. I know I did not frog them, so they have to be somewhere. Meanwhile I am plugging away on that sc hat.

Archived