Our House Part Two

JulieKay

'morning, peeps!

Cindy, that's great news about your dad! Emotionally he must be feeling so good right now!

Usual Monday stuff today -

EDIT: DH just called me upstairs. I asked him: What did Lucy do?

He left her asleep on our bed, and next think he knew when he returned to the room he heard her crunching on something.

She had gone into his trash can and was chewing on a discarded razor blade:eek TG it's one of those new ones, and not the old fashined double edge ones.

GOOD NEWS: we found all the chewed up parts, pieced them together and it looks like none of the metal parts were swallowed. AND there's no blood in her mouth.

Talk about heart attack time!:P

...now...off to start my day:lol

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy Judy :hug :hug glad you were able to find all the pieces that Lucy's ok :D

Good morning ladies :hi

I was coming into the office on Saturday to work on some paperwork, but my sister was going shopping so I decided to join her :D She got some good deals and found some cute clothes and a pair of boots. We also did some grocery shopping. I have Ingrid's kids here with me. She has an interview and the kids are off school today and tomorrow for teacher conferences. So I told her just bring them here. They are 5 and 9 and they're good kids, keep themselves amused easily. They're running around playing :lol

Went to the Pitt game Sat night, which we lost and then we were out late so I lazed for the first half of Sunday and did some reading from the paperwork that CIGNA sent me....my first insurance acceptance. I think I also got Highmark too, but haven't received any paperwork from them yet (but I came up online through their provider search). Steelers played last night and we lost :( and it was another late night :lol

And the Eagles play tonight :wink

Now I need to take care of some online finances.

Welcome Brenda! :)

Be back later

He left her asleep on our bed, and next think he knew when he returned to the room he heard her crunching on something.

She had gone into his trash can and was chewing on a discarded razor blade:eek TG it's one of those new ones, and not the old fashined double edge ones.

GOOD NEWS: we found all the chewed up parts, pieced them together and it looks like none of the metal parts were swallowed. AND there's no blood in her mouth.

Oh my....its just like having a toddler in the hosue!

Hi everyone! The weekend got more than a little strange here. Friday night I decided to go through my oriental stash of fabric and picked out a dozen for potential use in my Shanghai Shawl.

Saturday morning Rosie and I went to her church for the Christmas Bazaar. We were there when it opened. I got a bunch of Christmas decorations, mostly for the tree. I'll use them as presents for John and Kim.

Then we went to a new fabric store that opened recently and I got 4 yards of brown suede to use as the lining for the shawl. It was 4.98 a yard but there were only 2 yards of it left so he gave me the rest of the bolt for free, which brought the cost down to 3.52 a yard. :yay I may have enough extra for a skirt. Yeah! :yay Then we went to the local quilt store and I got 2 extra pieces of material for the shawl. I took out three that were debatable and put the 2 new ones in and now like the mix.

John went deer hunting in the afternoon so I cut out the pattern pieces and figured out what went where. Then did an initial try at assigning the fabrics to the layout. Wasn't really sure if I liked the result, so slept on it.

I woke up and knew that fabric arrangement wasn't what I wanted so Rosie and I spent some time together with them on Sunday afternoon and we came up with an arrangement we're both happy with on the first try. I realized that there were some pages of instructions missing from my copy of the pattern. I called them this morning and they emailed me the missing pages within 15 minutes of my request. I impressed. :yes Having them will make putting it together go a lot faster and easier. :yes

I managed to pull something in my knee on Saturday so am limping around now. It supports my weight fine but does NOT like to bend. I may have done it at the fabric store when my feet got tangled up and I nearly fell. Didn't seem to be any problems at the time though. It didn't show up until sometime in the evening. I put my brace on it yesterday and am still wearing it today. It seems to be helping a lot. I've also used a lot of Tiger Balm on it.

I was just watching an emotional piece that a friend just forwarded to me...it's called "Boatlift" and it shows how, on 9/11, all the boats in and around New York Harbor came to the rescue of thousands and thousands of people stranded at the water's edge as they tried to get away from the burning World Trade Center....

Very moving video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eddie-rosenstein/tom-hanks-narrates-boatlift_b_956529.html

Judy that gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

Cindy, I very much am excited!!! This has always been my goal and it's finally here :yay:bounce:cheer After being in Philly for 6 years, I was content until about the last year and a half and found myself quite miserable towards the end, so it was time for me to make my move and run with it :lol And now I feel as though I am back to my old self :yes

Oh, Marisa. I am so happy for you. I hope the clients come pouring in.

High Ho friends..................

just poppin' in to say :hi HI and let you know I'm still around. Things are getting out of hand with my son's soon to be ex..... so I've been a bit preoccupied with that and havent been around here .... I'm sorry!

hope all is well with everyone.

hows the snow? We had a day of snow fall... a couple days ago... but it melted by morning.

I hope to be around more next week as I have finished all the paper work needed for my son's lawyer.

have a great rest of the day and a wonderful weekend ladies!

Love ya

:heart

:mug

Tammy, your son is lucky to have your support. I really hope he gets custody of the girls.

Hi Tam ~ I'm so sorry your son is going through such a hard time. Thankfully, he has you, Ken and siblings to support him. :hug

No surprise, but I just checked and the older condos we stay in still don't have internet! In town, they have free access at the library and one bar...so I may be frequenting the bar. :lol

Nothing wrong with that. You're of age. :lol :lol :lol

Here is my Friday photo. :D I was cleaning up my camera and charging the battery...thought you might like to see Zoe guarding Luke's little train.

Priceless picture. Is she guarding the train or is the train keeping her a prisoner?

Lucy riding Sparkie like a horse...

And I heard Sparkie whining this AM...went in to see what was wrong and found this scene: Lucy wanted to get into her crate, and he was already in there, so...:lol

It's his old one, not used for years.

Oh, my! Not big enough for two, that's for sure.

Here are the coasters dd and I made this week. They are 4 inch tiles from Menards with scrapbook paper applied to them. Dd made the ones with four different designs, I was too lazy to find four different designs so mine are all from the same sheet of paper.

Love the coasters. I'd probably make mine all the same too.

Hi Ladies,

I just lost all that I had typed up so i'll try again.

Cindy, The pumpkin muffins sound so yummy! You've had 3 very busy days off. Wow planting a 100 bulbs, but what pretty flowers you will have in the spring. Glad you caught the bare wires before you had a fire. The coasters are a neat idea and cute. Thanks for the info on Mary Maxim. Some day when we go to SIL's house or not I want to go there. Some friends in are park live there to.

Judy, Your hair cut sounds cute. This must be the week for us to take of are hair. I got a perm yesterday. I can't do anything with the cut I had so I figured the best thing is to get a perm and as it grows out it will hide what I don't want to see. I had the cut with it layered quite short in the back and longer on the sides. That hair cut is not for me or wavy hair. I was there for 4 hours (I went to the beauty college) I had 4 people working on my hair and 2 of them at a time with two of them being instructors. With all the short layers the students had a hard time rolling it. The instructors said it's good practice for them (the students). My hair takes a perm really well so I wasn't worried about that. Definitely sounds like a beauty school. I've had many a good cut and color from them.

The dogs are so cute! We will never forget 9-11.

Mary, Have a great trip to the coast and a safe one. Frequent the bar if you want to. Be sure and check out the library for crochet books. I was surprised how many crochet books Maya's library has. Are you going fishing well on vacation? Zoe is cute! She probably thinks she is the engineer.

Marisa, You have a great website! Lots of info and I like the prefilling out the paper work. If we go to a new doctor I always ask them to send it to me. I signed up for your newsletter. It looks like it will be full lots of info.

Business is all falling in order. It won't be long now.

Joanne, Your so kind giving Ryan's other Grandma her time with him. :clap for giving yourself some pampering. Have a great time with DD.

Happy belated Birthday to DD. She has so many new first this year. How nice of her to do Thanksgiving.

Dusti, I checked out the Half Medallion Bag. It's cute! It will be pretty in purple. Stuffed squash? Are you putting stuffing in squash and baking it? Are you freezing onions raw or cooked. I've wondered about freezing them but have never looked it up to see what is recommended. I just bought 2 3lb bags of yellow onions for 88 cents each.

Linda, I bet you, Rosie and Kim had a fun time going through everything from the Quilt Show. The ponds at are park are almost dried up and they were almost to the top when we left. They need the rain but I hope it's not a rainy winter while were there.

I had a fun time at DD's. I picked up the new Crochet World magazine and the knook.

Have you tried out the knook yet? How does it work for you?

Maya's school is collecting pop/beer can/bottles for the Holiday Wishes Program. When I went to pick Maya up they (the daycare workers family and a couple of other kids) were collecting in there neighborhood. Maya wanted to coninue to help so we did. I told her what she was doing was really special because she was going to help some little kids have a nice Christmas that they probably wouldn't have without the help of all the kids at her school. They had a trailer probably 4ft x 8ft and it was almost completely full. Heather (the daycare worker) put fliers out in her neighborhood so the neighbors were expecting it. They have done this for years. Her husband is the president of the pto at Maya's school.

The pumpkins were well received and Maya wants me to make the Santa's. I'm going to use yarn to make hangers on them so the kids can put them on there Christmas tree if they want to. I told Maya she could help with the yarn string.

Good for the kids and the neighbors who help it all happen.

Maya cried the morning I left. She didn't want me to go. She asked me if I would stay and take her to school. I had to tell her I couldn't as I was going to get a perm so I had to leave early. School and daycare are interferring with are time together. It's is so exciting to see her learning so much. I always tell her how excited Iam to hear what she is learning and how smart she is getting.

I went for my physical tuesday. My blood pressure was up so he took after he gave me my physical and it was really up. I thought what do you expect after what he just did to me. So he asked me to monitor it and come back in a month. So I bought a kit and it hasn't been as been running okay. I drive an hour and 15 minutes to get there and everytime it is high. If I have gone from DD's when she lived there or my sisters my bp was always normal so we see. He said with age it creeps up on you. If not now probably in my near future I will have to suck it up and take a pill for it. It doesn't excite me at all, but I will do what I have to do.

My blood work was good, except me didn't order my LDL, HDL or my trigs. He looked up my past test and said there good so I don't have to get poked again. But if I have another monthly visit I have to go to a GYN and have a biopsy done.

Tonight we decided not to go to Zac's football game or are hometowns game which was playing Cindy's towns school. Cindy's team won. Congrats to them! They have a great team. We played them a few years ago and lost.

Well I've rattled long enough and I'm about to go to bed and watch some tv. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Keep an eye on that BP. It can go from okay to very not okay in next to no time.

Hi all,

I had a great time watching DD in action! She did an amazing job and the children were all so engaged and loving making their own books- She had them each make an an accordian flag book--she really put a lot of time and effort into having everything prepared ahead of time and was so good with the children. You can read about accordian flag books here:http://www.squidoo.com/flag-book She had many compliments from some teachers who were there and i suspect that some of them may be doing this project with their students

Looks like a cute project. Good for DD.

May be heading to Delicious Orchards myself in the morning, so I may just run into you Judy!!!:lol

I ran into Phyllis at the post office this morning- I was mailing my scarf swap partner's package (Toni-aka Dobermama) and she was mailing of some squares.

I did end up going to ACM (I know, I need to be stopped:lol) I bought some Amazing yarn since it was on sale plus 10% off plus $10.00 off $25.00....I made a scarf and fingerless mitts for myself with the Amazing yarn and I really like it. So I'm going to make sets for each of my DD's and that price was too good to pass up!!!

I had bookmarked this scarf for a man and may just make this for my DD's BF for Christmas

https://wolfcrochet.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/mens-bike-chain-hat-and-scarf/

Marlene- I love reading all that has been happening!!! good luck making the Santa's

Mary Have an awesome time- safe trip!:hug

Sounds like you made out great with the yarn.

Hello Everyone!

Hi my name is brenda, I just joined and was not sure where I should post an Introduction at! I just started crocheting and I find it really fun! I'm starting to think I picked too big a project for my first project but I am hoping to get it done eventually! lol Even if its takes me a year to get it perfected. I wanted to make my son one of those spiderman afgans, he seen me looking around online for spiderman stuff and seen that, and he asked if id get it for him.. and so I decided I would try to make one for him. I started out with an online instructions from you tube, but im finding I need to learn more of the lingo.. because I dont totally follow what the instructions are telling me to do.

Hi! :hi Welcome to Our House and Crochetville, Brenda. :welcome We'll all be willing to help explain things if you let us know what's giving you problems.

Hi Brenda, welcome.

Mary, hope you had a good trip to the coast.

We had a quiet day here today. Ds was home and we spent the day reading, watching tv and talking. Its been a long time since we did that.

And some good news, my dad has been off the ventilator for 36 hours and is doing very well. The nurses and doctors are surprised, because they were sure he would never be able to be off the machine. To be honest, I didn't think he'd ever get off either. I believe that we are getting a miracle!

Of course he still has a long ways to go, but this is already way better than they ever expected him to do.

Cindy, that is wonderful news!!!! :yay :yay :yay

'morning, peeps!

Cindy, that's great news about your dad! Emotionally he must be feeling so good right now!

Usual Monday stuff today -

Whew! Sounds like a close call. They get into the darnedest things.

Oh my....its just like having a toddler in the hosue!

Is it ever!:yes Her housebreaking isn't an ussue any more....but the stuff she chews on...!

Nothing much going on here, still working on that hat for dd. All that sc-ing is tedious.....

The only project I don't mind making sc is my graphghans.

Linda, you really lucked out with the fabric...pattern directions...everything! The shawl is going to look beautiful:c9

...and that video I shared really did a number on me, too...hubby couldn't watch it at all...he just asked me to tell him a couple of the most memorable parts.

Well, off to pick up my graph ghan and get some more work done on it.

Have a great night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Just popping in quick--off to craft club--an I see I'm running late!!

Judy- So glad that you found all the parts to the razor!

Linda- sounds like a busy/fun weekend--well, except for the knee part!!! Hope it feels better soon.

Marisa- The Giants had an awesome win!!! Wonder how your eagles will fare tonight?

Cindy- A co-worker brought in a hat she made her DH--all sc--and it's so nice! She used some sort of italian yarn- and the colors were so manly- it was some sort of self striping yarn. She said it took her a while, cause she was getting bored with the sc!

Off to craft!

*HI ALL MY LOVELIES!!!*** Just wanted to pop in real quick and say Hello!!! I'm wrapping up my OPERATION GIVE WARMTH drive hopefully in the next couple of days---tonight I am going home to do my count and take photos- and will post tomorrow.

*HI ALL MY LOVELIES!!!*** Just wanted to pop in real quick and say Hello!!! I'm wrapping up my OPERATION GIVE WARMTH drive hopefully in the next couple of days---tonight I am going home to do my count and take photos- and will post tomorrow.

uh oh...I forgot to put my hats and scarves in the mail. Sorry about that. I even have them all boxed up.:blush

I came in early because I have the guy here cleaning my furnace to free it of stink bugs :eek But he asked if 7 was too early and I said NOPE :lol

No patient yesterday :shrug Such is life, but we'll get the next one :yes Today I'm going to work on getting some flyers or postcards together. I'm just not sure if I can do postcards myself or if I'd have to buy them :think Gotta go figure it out......

Linda - Great find with the fabrics :yes Have you tried some ice on your knee :eek I'm well aware that the word 'ice' alone seems to scare people. But I recommend some ice for about 10 min a few times a day (since it's a new thing) but no longer than when you begin to feel numbness (longer is NOT better :no )

Joanne - My eagles suffered the same fate as the steelers on sunday night :shrug

Kiyo - I really had intentions of sending you some stuff for your drive, but I'm so so so so sorry that I just never got around to it with everything going on :( Hope all is well :hug

Everyone else in the house - I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll be back in later on :yes

'morning, peeps!

Marisa, you'll see patients soon...it's hard waiting,but befor eyou realize it you'll be busy!:yes Ewwww...s.tink bugs! tg you found them! Those suckers are soooo invasive.:P

Have a good one, my friends!:hug

Hi! Hi! Hi! It's been a hectic day today. I had a doctor's appointment at 11:00 today and Kim had one with her doctor at 2:30. In between we went to Captain D's for lunch. Her choice. As we got near the turn that finger was pointing in that direction. She was hungry! She ate all of her tilapia fillet, all her rice with teriyaki sauce and both sides of coleslaw. We're finally home and take it a little easy, although I've got about 4 loads of laundry to fold and put away. My doctor was very pleased that my A1C went down from 6.6 to 6.3, but less pleased that I've been taking regular aspirin to help out with the arthritis pain.

I came in early because I have the guy here cleaning my furnace to free it of stink bugs :eek But he asked if 7 was too early and I said NOPE :lol

Ewwww!!!

No patient yesterday :shrug Such is life, but we'll get the next one :yes Today I'm going to work on getting some flyers or postcards together. I'm just not sure if I can do postcards myself or if I'd have to buy them :think Gotta go figure it out......

The patients will come.

Linda - Great find with the fabrics :yes Have you tried some ice on your knee :eek I'm well aware that the word 'ice' alone seems to scare people. But I recommend some ice for about 10 min a few times a day (since it's a new thing) but no longer than when you begin to feel numbness (longer is NOT better :no )

I know all about ice and I hate using it. It makes the arthritis in the knee ache something awful. So.......I haven't used it. The swelling was minimal, so I've mainly been keeping it elevated, using a brace on it to keep from further injuring it, and using Tiger balm. It's a lot better today, although it's getting sore now after being on it for about 6 hours.

Everyone else in the house - I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll be back in later on :yes

After lunch Kim and I went to Big Lots. I got some lovely white lightweight yarn for a dollar a skein, 2012 calendars, birthday cards and gifts, and spices and nutella spread. Had never tried the nutella until the Caylor reunion when one of John's sisters had gotten some and we ended up bringing it home. Ohhhhh myyyyyy.....It's yummy. Put some on a piece of bread and it's tastes sinfully good for about the same calorie count as peanut butter.

Nice to hear from you Kiyo.

Hope everyone has a good day. :hug

Hi all,

Busy, busy day in Paradise. We have 5 new employees starting on Monday so I've been busy organizing the training and updating the training manual. Crazy busy!

I was going to get my haircut/color tonight after work, but was so busy, that I cancelled. It would have been such a hassle rushing to get there- so I stayed at work till 5 instead to catch up on a few things. Not too much gray showing anyway and I saved my self a few $'s and will go in a couple of weeks.

Marisa- Sorry the patient didn't show, but they'll come soon enough. Hopefully those stink bugs are GONE!!!!!

Sorry about the Eagles (well, not really, since they are in the same division as my Giants, but thought I'd be nice):devil

Cindy- Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Linda- Hope the knee continues to feel better! Kim's lunch sounds awesome. I love tilapia and actually had some on Saturday night when DH and I went out to eat. :clap:clap on your A1C!! That's great news!!!!!

Judy- Did you get to spend anytime outdoors today? It was so gorgeous! Loved the video of Sparkie and Lucy on FB!! Too cute!!!!

Kiyo- Hope all is well with you! I've been making hats/scarves for our dept's craft sale to benefit the local food bank which was devastated by Hurricane Irene. Sorry I couldn't help your cause too! Just not enough hours in the day! How's Aree doing? Are you all moved in?

Trish- thinking of you- and hope you've adjusted to the long hours at work.

Tab- Did you have the ultrasound yet? How are you feeling?

Off to crochet a bit. I make a quick hat last night for our craft fundraiser and am going to make a few more- very easy FAST hat- it is Dot Matthew's Ugly but warm hat pattern http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108013&highlight=ugly+warm+hat

'morning, peeps!

Hi all,

Busy, busy day in Paradise. We have 5 new employees starting on Monday so I've been busy organizing the training and updating the training manual. Crazy busy!

I don't envy you!

I was going to get my haircut/color tonight after work, but was so busy, that I cancelled. It would have been such a hassle rushing to get there- so I stayed at work till 5 instead to catch up on a few things. Not too much gray showing anyway and I saved my self a few $'s and will go in a couple of weeks.

I want to stretch my visits, too....and if I go with an even shorter haircut next time I might be able to color it myself again.:D

Judy- Did you get to spend anytime outdoors today? It was so gorgeous! Loved the video of Sparkie and Lucy on FB!! Too cute!!!!

Thanks...I love my furbabies. Last night Lucy plopped down to sleep next to my chair. Earlier she had dragged one of her towels over there so after running back downstairs from saying goodnight to her "daddy" she decided to take a nap next to me. Made my heart melt...:manyheart

Off to crochet a bit. I make a quick hat last night for our craft fundraiser and am going to make a few more- very easy FAST hat- it is Dot Matthew's Ugly but warm hat pattern http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108013&highlight=ugly+warm+hat

that is a really easy pattern! Thanks for the link!

And I started the scarf for my son last night using the pattern you linked to - it's easy and is coming out great. Yesterday I picked up some gray flecked Vanna yarn and I love the way the texture and pattern look with it.

Off I go...BBL!

Hi all,

Busy, busy day in Paradise. We have 5 new employees starting on Monday

Wow, sounds really busy at woirk. jsut think ahead to when all those new employees are up and running!

I've used that hat pattern quite a bit for charity hats. Personally I don't think its ugly at all!

Good morning everyone. No brace on the knee today so far. It's tender but not anything like what it was on Sunday. I think I'm well over the worst of it.

That hat pattern looks really easy and very warm. I think I'll have to give it a try.

John's going hunting this weekend, so it will be girl's weekend again. I think it will be mainly watching TV and hanging out together. Kim's mom will be here for a night or two at Thanksgiving, which will be at Kim's cousin's house again. Lots of food, people, conversation, and fun. I can't believe it's almost that time of year again.

Hope you all have a great day. :manyheart

I finally found the RR that I started last spring. It got buried under some other things and finally found it again. I've passed the half way point in rounds but only about a quarter of the way in crocheting. It's nice working on it now that the house is cooler, because it's already big enough to help keep me warm. :lol And I have to get cracking on it as it is a Christmas present for my daughter-in-law. I finished Will's except for hiding the tails just before starting this one. Since we are on speaking terms again, finally, it will be extra nice to have something special for each of them this year. I've also got a shawl to get made for Christmas. Never enough time for everything. :devil

Good morning ladies, well, afternoon now :hi

I felt exhausted last night and went up to bed fairly early :yes Woke up today and feel like I'm getting sick :eek I'll have some some rock n rye tonight before bed :xfin If I catch it early enough, that will usually help knock it out of me :lol My sister is getting a haircut tonight with the guy I went to a couple weeks ago, so I'm going with her. Then we're going out to eat. I think Ingrid is joining us as well.

Nothing exciting here today. I tried designing a simple logo for myself and am waiting to hear input back from my dad and sister. Now my SIL is texting me asking if I can get her an otoscope to save her a trip to the doc when the baby has a fever!!!! :eek I asked her if she knows how to determine/diagnose an ear infection with it and I haven't heard back. Let's just say that I'm not keen on the idea.....not sure if I'm right or not with that instinct, but there you have it.

Judy - I'm getting alot done while I'm waiting. Word is slowly going around and I called today to get another quote for signage. It doesn't help that I don't have a sign out yet :eek

Linda - Your lunch yesterday sounded great and you found some pretty good deals :clap

Cindy - I am being patient, I know it doesn't happen over night.....unfortunately my sister doesn't understand that for some reason and since she's the one that's supporting me right now, what could I do :shrug (ok, she's not as bad as that sentence came out :lol!!!! )

Joanne - Thanks for the nicety in regards to the Eagles....I know where your coming from and totally understand :lol

Be back later......

Marisa, I agree that sil can't prescribe if it is an ear infection. Is she hoping to avoid unneeded doctor visits, if there's no sign of an ear infection? IF she knows what she's looking at then it might be okay, especially if the child is susceptible to them, but is frequently in when they aren't infected.

Good morning everyone. No brace on the knee today so far. It's tender but not anything like what it was on Sunday. I think I'm well over the worst of it.

That's good to hear!

That hat pattern looks really easy and very warm. I think I'll have to give it a try.

:)

I finally found the RR that I started last spring. It got buried under some other things and finally found it again. I've passed the half way point in rounds but only about a quarter of the way in crocheting. It's nice working on it now that the house is cooler, because it's already big enough to help keep me warm. :lol And I have to get cracking on it as it is a Christmas present for my daughter-in-law. I finished Will's except for hiding the tails just before starting this one. Since we are on speaking terms again, finally, it will be extra nice to have something special for each of them this year. I've also got a shawl to get made for Christmas. Never enough time for everything. :devil

If we could think and plan maybe we can organize something here and start early for next year?

Like in January?:lol

May not be back on tonight - had a super busy day and it's still not over....

Have a good night everyone.:hug:manyheart

Hey ladies :hi

Just checking back in. Not much here, I've just been doing more computer work and trying to put some things together.

Cindy and Linda - I'm not quite sure what SIL's goal is, I think it's decreased visits when there is no infection :think But I'd be more afraid of not knowing what she's doing and harming the ear drum in addition to not knowing what she's looking at :think Maybe I'm a little worry wort :wink

She hasn't gotten back to me about it though :shrug

If we could think and plan maybe we can organize something here and start early for next year?

Like in January?:lol

May not be back on tonight - had a super busy day and it's still not over....

Have a good night everyone.:hug:manyheart

Yeah, right! I don't usually get any ideas until at least the middle of the summer. Take it easy tonight.

Hey ladies :hi

Just checking back in. Not much here, I've just been doing more computer work and trying to put some things together.

Cindy and Linda - I'm not quite sure what SIL's goal is, I think it's decreased visits when there is no infection :think But I'd be more afraid of not knowing what she's doing and harming the ear drum in addition to not knowing what she's looking at :think Maybe I'm a little worry wort :wink

She hasn't gotten back to me about it though :shrug

Using those things and knowing what you're looking at is not easy. She's probably better off without one unless the doctor actually suggests it and teaches her what to look for.

I'm off to the downstairs. Have a good night everyone. I think I'm going to take out the start of the shawl I'm working on and going with a bigger hook. I'm just not real happy with the look of it. :2frog:2frog

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad Lucy wasn't hurt in adventures with the razor.

Linda, I haven't tried the knook yet and not sure when I will get to. My doctor said the same thing about bp. :clap Your A1C is down. Can't wait to see your shawl when you get it done. What a bargin on the brown suede material.

Marisa, I have to buy the post cards at the post office when I send post cards out for my family reunion. I didn't have a problem for a few years, but one year the post office said what I was using wasn't the right size. If you have windows that people walk by I would use poster board and make a sign. Anything to bring attention to people. How about making some flyers up and going to parking lots and put them on peoples windows. When my nephew had the restaurant and was new that did that at the grocery store and church parking lots. Maybe check around different stores, laundry mat for bullention boards and put a flyer and business cards up there.

Sorry your football teams didn't pull out some wins.

Kiyo, Good luck with the hat/scarf drive.

Cindy, I don't like doing sc items either. Enjoy your day off.

Joanne, Hope you 5 easy trainees. I'm going to mark that hat pattern. Hubby is asking for me to make him and hat and scarf. Maybe they will be Christmas presents.

It's been a busy week for me. Dinner with hubby's family was nice. Tuesday 7 of us met for breakfast then 5 of us met for lunch. Friday were meeting up with 2 of his brothers and spouses for a Veteran's Day event. I don't know if we will stick around all day and go to dinner or not.

I got a call from DD at 2am could I come down this morning Maya was up sick. Right now she doesn't have an assistant manager and another store in company close by doesn't have a manager so she don't have a fill in for her. So through in the load of laundry I was going to do when I got up and went back to bed. Maya took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. She is feeling better now. If all is well in the morning I will go home. If not I'll go home tomorrow when DD gets out of work.

I have the scarf I've been working on about 2/3s done.

Well I'm off going to work some more on the scarf and watch the country music awards show. Have a nice evening everyone!

Hope all is well with everyone we haven't seen in awhile.:hug

Wow, sounds really busy at woirk. jsut think ahead to when all those new employees are up and running!

Wish that could happen overnight--it's usually more like a few months!! It's going to be a rough patch at work for a while that's for sure....but my crochet will relieve some of my stress....and winning the lottery wouldn't hurt either!:lol

I've used that hat pattern quite a bit for charity hats. Personally I don't think its ugly at all!

I don't think it's ugly either!:hook Actually I quite like it! The best part- EASY!!!! and it is warm!!!!

'morning, peeps!

that is a really easy pattern! Thanks for the link!

And I started the scarf for my son last night using the pattern you linked to - it's easy and is coming out great. Yesterday I picked up some gray flecked Vanna yarn and I love the way the texture and pattern look with it.

Off I go...BBL!

Glad you like the pattern. After I'm done making a few more hats for the charity, I've got to get cracking on Christmas gifts and a baby blanket for my friend at work . Just never enough time!!

Good morning everyone. No brace on the knee today so far. It's tender but not anything like what it was on Sunday. I think I'm well over the worst of it. Glad to hear it!!!!

That hat pattern looks really easy and very warm. I think I'll have to give it a try. Definitely EASY and definitely warm and definitely NOT ugly:crocheting

I've also got a shawl to get made for Christmas. Never enough time for everything. :devil

Never enough hours in the day---ever!!!

I went to see Ryan after work to put a smile on my face, which he did. Then I got home and there was a package from Toni who was my partner in the scarf swap here at the Ville. Boy did she spoil me!! It was a very nice ending to a very busy day.

Off to :crocheting another hat!

Archived