Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:bang:thair:yell:thair:bang

Now that that's out of my system. I discovered a mistake way, way back when I attached the second skein on yarn to the pink shawl and have had to make ANOTHER trip to the :frog:2frog frog pond. :2frog:frog Sigh! :sigh Oh well start in again. Hopefully I've got it right this time.

Hope you all are having better success than I am. :blush

some times it's those easy or familiar patterns that get us! I did the picture part on the graphghan ...and then read the directions, whcih told me I'm missing 24 rows of plain white sc at the bottom.:P

I was able to just start on the other side of the starting chain...and I'm on a roll. Not too many people will see notice. Phyllis might when I show it to her in person, though:lol

'nite!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Linda- so sorry you had to visit the frog pond---I know that frustration!!!

Marisa- I like the idea of having your sign different then your neigbors too! Glad to hear your sister's ankle is feeling better- hope she didn't overdo it today and that you have a good time tonight.

Cindy- Good news about your Dad and your muffins sound yummy!!! Safe travels (you are probably there already)

Our dept bake/craft sale was a success! We sold out of all the baked goods! Most of the crafts were sold too!! I only had one scarf left and I'm going to donate this to another departments mitten/scarf/hat tree in December.

Good Morning, Ladies. :) Luke will be here for the day so DD can go to Austin for the game and her DH can go to the TCU home game. It's been a busy week - some good and some not so much...but today will be all good. :c9

It may be tomorrow before I can catch up with you all, but I wanted to say Hi before the day starts! Very little crocheting going on, but I have finished another Surreybelle scarf. :hook

Good morning! It's chilly and cloudy here today. Needless to say, my joints don't like this weather. John didn't get a deer last night so I have the weekend free. Most will be spent on crochet and cleaning.

For your snacking pleasure today. Your choice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream or pecan pie. Calorie free of course. Served with orange spice tea or Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Good morning!

All my cleaning is done!!! Decided that I wouldn't log on to the computer till I finished! Still no cleaning lady- I'm really having a hard time justifying the $....but after this morning of intense cleaning, I'm starting to double think my decision!;)

Mary- Enjoy your day with Luke:manyheart

Linda- Glad you have the weekend free. I'll have a slice of pumpkin pie, but if you don't mind I'm going to treat myself to a pumpkin spice latte!:lol

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Off to run a few errands and hope to be back in time for the 2nd half of Rutgers football game!

Hi, ya, peeps!

Good Morning, Ladies. :) Luke will be here for the day so DD can go to Austin for the game and her DH can go to the TCU home game. It's been a busy week - some good and some not so much...but today will be all good. :c9

It may be tomorrow before I can catch up with you all, but I wanted to say Hi before the day starts! Very little crocheting going on, but I have finished another Surreybelle scarf. :hook

Awww...have fun with the little man:manyheart

Good morning! It's chilly and cloudy here today. Needless to say, my joints don't like this weather. John didn't get a deer last night so I have the weekend free. Most will be spent on crochet and cleaning.Yay, deer!:D

For your snacking pleasure today. Your choice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream or pecan pie. Calorie free of course. Served with orange spice tea or Dunkin Donuts coffee.

as long as it's calorie free, pecan, please:D ....and somehow the orange spice tea sounds like a great combo with that:c9

Good morning!

All my cleaning is done!!! Decided that I wouldn't log on to the computer till I finished! Still no cleaning lady- I'm really having a hard time justifying the $....but after this morning of intense cleaning, I'm starting to double think my decision!;)

I think with your job...and living in a house, not an apartment...you NEED a cleaning person!:yes

We ran out a little bit ago and got enough groceries to get us through till AFTER T'giving;) I also picked up a small coffee pot for DS's apartment...with a timer on it, to put under the tree for him. He has a very small galley kitchen, so this won't take up much space.

Off I go...have a great weekend, my friends!

Ok...gonna try this again. Last time I decided I was gonn a start trying to get on here again I had a problem with my denture breaking,so to the dentist a LOT in the last couple weeks so I could have my :D back. Then my DD had to go to IL with her bf cause his dad is sick. So I had their three datsuns. Not much :crocheting got done.

Linda sorry bout the frogging. Mary have fun today! Ooo Joanne...now I might have to go get a pecan pie :drool. Well gotta run for now, church with a friend then probabley making a bunch of boookworms for my nephews class this afternoon. Have an awesome day

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

I went to the grocery store with DD bright and early and she got what she needs for Thursday! We were out bright and early--and avoided the crowds and it was wonderful (well as wonderful as grocery shopping can be)

Christi- Sorry to hear about the dentures- glad they are all fixed!!! enjoy your day!!! Oh, and Linda is the one serving up the pecan pie----Me, I'm a pumpkin pie gal!:lol

It's going to be sunny and 60 today:c9

Ok...gonna try this again. Last time I decided I was gonn a start trying to get on here again I had a problem with my denture breaking,so to the dentist a LOT in the last couple weeks so I could have my :D back. Then my DD had to go to IL with her bf cause his dad is sick. So I had their three datsuns. Not much :crocheting got done.

Hi Christi. Good to hear from you again. Sorry life's been so hectic for you lately. Hopefully it will slow down a bit now.

Good morning everyone. It's a bit warmer today, but very foggy and wet outside. I'm again making progress on the pink shawl. In fact I can't even find the starting row at this point. :lol

I'm having a quiet day today, mixing sorting & cleaning with crochet and reading. For your treats today I have banana nut cake with cream cheese frosting. :kettle And your choice of coffees, teas, and cocoas. :mug

Good morning.

Linda did you have to mention cream cheese frosting?? I'm trying hard to be good.

Hi Christie, sorry to hear about the dentures.

Nothing much happening here. Still fighting a cold, although its getting better. I'm still working on younger DD's hat and also on a neck warmer for older DD.

Hi all,

Had a good day- crocheted some hats, worked on a scarf for my oldest and best of all, visited with the little guy for about 4 hours!!!

Starbucks had buy one get one of the holiday drinks today so I went and got one for DD and myself--peppermint mocha!! YUM!!!!

Watching the Giants/Eagles game and my Giants are losing! Don't think I'll make it till the end of the game since I have to work tomorrow! (sure could use one more day off--or two---or three----:lol:lol)

'morning, peeps!

Linda...oh, cream cheese frosting:drool:drool:drool

Joanne, DS was at the Giant game last night - too bad they played so badly:P He knows someone who has an extra ticket now and then...and was in row 20 near the end zone! He texted me with pics from his iPhone:D

....I ended up forgetting a couple of staples for my pantry so may have to dash into the store today:P

Hi to everyone else...see you all later!

I was bad yesterday. I started a new book by one of my favorite authors and spent the day reading instead of getting anything else done. I devoured a little over 300 pages of the 800 page book. It's the first of a trilogy. I've read the set before but so long ago that I don't remember any of what's in them. I just remembered that they were GOOD! And they are.

I made an assortment of donut holes for the charity cal and snuck a few over here for you to try too. They don't have any calories if you are doing things for charity when you eat them you see. Coffee and tea are on too. :devil

Hope you all have a good day. Kim has a doctor appointment today with the chest doc so that will make things a bit crazy here today. Have a good day. I'll stop back later. :manyheart

Happy Monday, everyone. :) It's cold and cloudy and the drought continues, so we are really hoping for rain!

Linda ~ Thank you for all of the calorie free wintry snacks and drinks! Oh, if it were only that easy. :lol Yay for spending a "me" day reading and relaxing...you deserve it! :manyheart So sorry about having to visit the frog pond - I hope it's all fixed now.

Christi ~ Hi! I hope your dental visits are over for a long time. :hug Dogsitting for three is a full time job! How do you make the bookworms? It sounds like a very cute project. :yes

Joanne ~ Aww, so glad you were able to spend time with Ryan! It sounds like you've been getting lots of crocheting done. :clap

Cindy ~ Feel better! DH is fighting a cold too and he almost never gets sick.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year? I'm still not sure how many will be here - we may have a couple of DD's friends, too.

We had so much fun with Luke Saturday! He "helped" Gramps rake leaves and we went for rides in his wagon. Better get busy! Have a good morning!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Where to start :think I feel like I haven't been in here in forever. We had fun out on Friday night and my sister's ankle was doing much better by then, although not 100%. Saturday was a lazy day and we ran some errands. My sister and her bf had tickets to see Bob Segar so I drove them into town, they went out for a nice meal before hand. He called off work, it was the one thing he wasn't willing to give up when they hit him with the job being overnights instead of days (I think I mentioned that mess already). I watched some tv and crafted :yay I started a pair of fingerless gloves for my sister and I sewed the pieces of my knit sweater together from last year :blush The shoulder seams are not great at the tops, but I'm not working on the hood which should cover the not so great area :xfin:lol

Sunday was another lazy day :eek That was when I started the hood and I finished the first glove of my sisters. I also went to the car wash and made it before the rain started :lol I've been neglecting my baby since I moved and it was well overdue. I was having trouble finding a touchless car wash, but did and it's not too far from my office. So, she got a good washing and let me tell you, she was FILTHY!! I've noticed though that there's a place across the street from work and about a block up that does a hand wash for $15, so I might take advantage of that :think

We made a nice big pot of beef barley soup yesterday which was wonderful :drool It was lunch today :wink This morning my patient came in again, and will come back wed morning before I head out to the poconos for the holiday. :clap:yay I also met my accountant after several phone calls and got my quick books all set up. I still have stuff to do in there to get finished setting up, but it was a good meeting and I'm glad I didn't try it on my own.....it's so complex and has so many capabilities and probably about half of it doesn't apply to me since my chiro software will keep track of my billing and I have no payroll yet :lol

Now here I am, I have some other stuff to do, but wanted to be sure to get in to say hello :D

Cindy - Did your parents enjoy the muffins? :drool Glad to hear that your dad is in a regular room and doing rehab :yes Hope your cold is doing better :hug How's your mom doing?

Linda - Sorry you had to visit the frog pond :hug Did I miss the pie???? I'd like pumpkin please from sat and some banana nut cake from yesterday....oh boy, oh boy :drool Glad to hear your enjoying your book. Have you read any of the stephanie plum books by janet evanovich? They are hysterical :rofl

Judy - I'm glad you can live the start of ds' success through me.....that also give you the vision of my future :wink I'm sure your graph ghan looks great :yes

Joanne - Glad to hear that the craft/book sale went well :h5 my sister has cleaning people, it's great!!!! Totally worth it :devil Sorry your giants lost, but siked my eagles won :wink I gotta tell you that even though my boys pervailed, I actually found that game difficult to watch :think

Mary - How was your day with Luke on Saturday? I'd send you some of my rain if I could :hug

Christi - Sorry to hear about the dentures and ongoing dentist appt's to get that taken care of :hug I hope dd's bf's dad is doing alright :hug

Good afternoon, Friends :manyheart

We had a nice weekend at home. DH and I worked to take care of the little deer he got last week, and that seemed to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Temps were a little cooler than we had been anticipating during the week, and the deer was very frozen. Hmmmm, how to work with that? :think DH built a temporary room in our garage, put the electric heaters in there with the deer and partially thawed it out. I was never so glad to sit down and put up my feet as I was last night after bending over a counter and trimming the venison before packaging it for the freezer. In addition to that task, DH and the girls ran the snowmobiles all over our land and the adjoining acres. They had so much fun! I started working on my Christmas cards, made a delicious batch of white chocolate fudge, simmered stroganoff, and baked a couple of batches of muffins to take to my mum's for breakfast munchies this week.

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? We are heading down to my parents' house after school on Wednesday. All of the food that I can make ahead of time is made and in the deep freezer. I have the turkeys out of the freezer and slow-defrosting in the refrigerator. tomorrow, I will have to tackle the 'packing the suitcase' chore. I started and finished one fingerless glove using the pattern from the 'Ville's own CroJulee. Super cute and quick!! I will have to post a link to the pattern and a pic tomorrow. I used Wool-ease in Seaspray, which is a light, grey-ish blue. I am thrilled with it, and I love the cables that run the length of the glove. It's a great pattern.

I have to run, now, as both girls have homework questions. Have a good night!:hug

Hi, Mary and Marisa. We went to Kim's appointment and it turns out it was next week instead of this week, but they worked us in anyway and it didn't take any longer than normal. Not sure where my head is at. Anyway all was good. Picked up some nail polish for each of us for the holidays and I'm going to try doing them here at home this time. I'll have the option of doing them a bit at a time throughout the day which may well be easier on both of us. :devil

Hello everyone. I had a great day at work today. My cold is still here, but much better.

Marisa, my mom is okay, not great and her shoulder fracture is quite painful and really limits her in terms of what she can do. She is beginning to figure out ways to compensate for the loss of the use of her right arm though. Her short term memory is awful, but her long term memory is intact, so you can certainly sit and converse with her. My dad is very upbeat and making slow progress.

Oh and for some reason, I cannot get into the Stephanie Plum books. For some reason her "stupidity" bugs me. I know her actions are going to get her into trouble and I want to start yelling, "Don't do that", but she does it anyway? After a couple of books I found that too annoying. Many of my friends loved those books though.

As for Thanksgiving, I somehow managed to fix it so that we have no Thanksgiving dinner guests, so it will be just dh and me and our two youngest children. We are going to do Gourmetten (a Dutch thing) at lunch time. (http://www.vvpeize.nl/img/teams/CDE_gourmetten.jpg) My set isn't like this one, but you get the idea. Mine has separate little burners and everyone gets a little pan to cook in. We serve whatever we cook over rice. I entertain with this quite often. Everyone gets to cook and eat what they like. Generally I have cubed meat (chicken, pork tenderloin and some sort of cut of beef), along with all kinds of veggies and many different sauces and herbs. Depending on who is here, I may have some shrimp or fish as well.

We are having guests in the evening (my brother, his wife and daughter, oldest dd with her dh and the four grandsons) and I think I'm just going to do an appetizer spread for that. It's a big relief to me to not have to host a big meal for once. (And think of the effort this will save at the grocery store!)

Hi all,

Quick pop in before I head out to craft club!

Stayed up way to late watching the game last night!!! It WAS painful to watch Marisa!

Glad you found a carwash for your "baby" time to get back into the swing of things! I think I am going to go ahead and hire the cleaning lady and give her a call- I think I've finally convinced myself that I'll really appreciate the new found time since I work so hard during the week--and want to have more time to do fun things (like crochet, learn to knit and visit with my GS)

Linda- That's great that the Dr fit you in even though the appointment wasn't until next week. Even better, glad to hear all is good!!! Thanks for the virtual snacks. I actually had a real blueberry muffin this morning and it was delicious...if not calorie laden!

Mary- My youngest is hosting her First Thanksgiving- my oldest is coming down from Boston, my middle one, her BF and his brother are coming, my SIL's mom, oldest bro and wife, and his wife's parents are coming. My GS turns 4 mos and my DH's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year so it should be fun.

Off to craft club!!

Cindy- Your Thanksgiving celebration sounds wonderful!!! And fun!!! Glad you had a good day at work--mine actually was pretty good- I'm ignoring the work while I train- and taking the attitude it is what it is!:lol I am one person and can only do so much! I left promptly at 4:30 today!;)

Dusti- I can't imagine prepping that venison- Kudos to you. Can't wait to see the link to the fingerless gloves pattern. I may have seen it but not sure- Cro-Julee has wonderful patterns.

Ok, really, now I'm off!:lol

Hi Ladies,

Dusti, Thanks for the recipe for the stuffed squash. It sounds yummy! It feels like winter here. I've helped process the deer and it is a big job.

Linda, All your snacks sound delicious! I made up banana bread today. Nine mini loaves and 1 large one. Tomorrow is apple crisp either 2 big ones or an apple pie. Glad the doctor would work Kim in and all is okay with her. After all your work you deserve to take some time to yourself and read a book.

Joanne, You'll be glad you have a cleaning lady. You deserve it! Are you or Judy working on the graph?

Mary, Were going to DD's for Thanksgiving Dinner. DS may join us or go to the big dinner with there Dad's family and extended family. DD has to be to work at 11pm so she don't want to drive up here for it. She needs to get some sleep. It's going to be a very long day for her. I'm making dinner. Ham, sweet potatoes, pink salad for a start.

Judy, I got out a new coffee pot tonight. The other one has a plastic pot and it just doesn't get your coffee hot enough.

Christi, Glad you were able to get your dentures fixed. Babysitting 3 dogs. :eek

Marisa, Glad your sister's ankle is better. Bob Segar I love him! He has a new cd out. I start pt in the morning. I have to be there bright and early 7:45. Glad it is only 6 miles away. I think it's a good idea to put a colored sign up.

Cindy, Glad your Dad is improving. I bet your Mom enjoyed your muffins to.

Your Thanksgiving Day meal looks interesting. I've not seen that machine before. One year we had Christmas Dinner here and I served all appetizers. It went over really well. I think that was the first year we went to Texas and we didn't want to deal with leftovers.

Maya still has a cough. Her school had a Thanksgiving play today. DD said it was really cute. Maya was an Indian. And had 2 saying in it and did really well. She is changing so much-growing into a child. It's fun to see how she is changing.

One of are friends found out she has Parkinson's Diease. So I printed out some info about it and going to drop it off to her tomorrow.

Are SIL is getting checked for bladder cancer on friday. Her husband had it a few years ago. I hope that she doesn't have it. If she does she is going to have a horrible time with treatments. She don't do well with doctors, needles or anything to go with it. She had surgery on her hand and went to have the stitches taken out and they had one left and she went in to a big panic attack and they had to call the ambulance.

I have the scarf almost finished. I actually just have to finish it off and it's done. Going to start the Santa's for Maya's class and her Mom's Christmas Tree Skirt.

I'm off for the night. Have to be up early. Have a nice tuesday everyone!

Hi, peeps!

I see everyone is ready with their plans for T Day!

Linda, good luck with doing the nails!

Cindy I like your set up with the little burners alot! I hope your cold continues to disappear:hug

Marlene, I'm exactly like your SIL - I had wrist surgery just before joining CV and when the surgeon took out the stitches I couldn't look....felt weird...on the way home I went into an attack (vasovagal syncope) and hubby had to pull over so I could lay down on the back seat with my head low so I wouldn't pass out!

The first time I did that I ended up in the hospital for days, getting tested. Nurses, etc, think it's mind over matter - trust me, it's not something you want to have happen....if I could control my reaction I would! All that helps - pass it on to SIL - is laying down with your feet higer than your head and you can get your blood drawn or anything. I got that advice from my cardio guy.

Have a good day everyone:hug:manyheart

Archived