Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning everyone. It's sunny and warm again today. I think I'll make the cake up today and the meatballs and sauce up on Wednesday so they just have to be reheated on Thursday. Spaghetti sauce is always better the second day when all the ingrediants have had time to blend their flavors. Kim's mom will be here around noon on Wednesday so we'll have a good visit while she's here.

Marisa, my mom is okay, not great and her shoulder fracture is quite painful and really limits her in terms of what she can do. She is beginning to figure out ways to compensate for the loss of the use of her right arm though. Her short term memory is awful, but her long term memory is intact, so you can certainly sit and converse with her. My dad is very upbeat and making slow progress.

Glad that they are improving and that you had a good visit with both of them.

Oh and for some reason, I cannot get into the Stephanie Plum books. For some reason her "stupidity" bugs me. I know her actions are going to get her into trouble and I want to start yelling, "Don't do that", but she does it anyway? After a couple of books I found that too annoying. Many of my friends loved those books though.

I read a lot of them initially and maybe read too many all at once for I ended up not enjoying them as much and have several that I never did get around to reading. She has another set out that I actually enjoyed more. I liked Stephanie in spite of her ditziness, but Grandma was my favorite character.

As for Thanksgiving, I somehow managed to fix it so that we have no Thanksgiving dinner guests, so it will be just dh and me and our two youngest children. We are going to do Gourmetten (a Dutch thing) at lunch time. (http://www.vvpeize.nl/img/teams/CDE_gourmetten.jpg) My set isn't like this one, but you get the idea. Mine has separate little burners and everyone gets a little pan to cook in. We serve whatever we cook over rice. I entertain with this quite often. Everyone gets to cook and eat what they like. Generally I have cubed meat (chicken, pork tenderloin and some sort of cut of beef), along with all kinds of veggies and many different sauces and herbs. Depending on who is here, I may have some shrimp or fish as well.

I've never heard of the Gourmetten before, but it sure sounds like fun.

We are having guests in the evening (my brother, his wife and daughter, oldest dd with her dh and the four grandsons) and I think I'm just going to do an appetizer spread for that. It's a big relief to me to not have to host a big meal for once. (And think of the effort this will save at the grocery store!)

Appetizers for the evening crowd sounds good too.

I think I am going to go ahead and hire the cleaning lady and give her a call- I think I've finally convinced myself that I'll really appreciate the new found time since I work so hard during the week--and want to have more time to do fun things (like crochet, learn to knit and visit with my GS)

It is wonderful Joanne. I'm sure you'll be glad you've done it.

Linda- That's great that the Dr fit you in even though the appointment wasn't until next week. Even better, glad to hear all is good!!! Thanks for the virtual snacks. I actually had a real blueberry muffin this morning and it was delicious...if not calorie laden!

I'm glad they could fit us in too. It's always a bit of a hastle to get Kim out, so I'm glad it wasn't for naught.

Mary- My youngest is hosting her First Thanksgiving- my oldest is coming down from Boston, my middle one, her BF and his brother are coming, my SIL's mom, oldest bro and wife, and his wife's parents are coming. My GS turns 4 mos and my DH's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year so it should be fun.

It sounds like you are all going to have a marvelous day on Thursday. Happy Birthday to DD.

Cindy- Your Thanksgiving celebration sounds wonderful!!! And fun!!! Glad you had a good day at work--mine actually was pretty good- I'm ignoring the work while I train- and taking the attitude it is what it is!:lol I am one person and can only do so much! I left promptly at 4:30 today!;)

That's probably the best attitude that you could have. Stay sane.

Dusti- I can't imagine prepping that venison- Kudos to you. Can't wait to see the link to the fingerless gloves pattern. I may have seen it but not sure- Cro-Julee has wonderful patterns.

Ok, really, now I'm off!:lol

Have a great day everyone. :hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :hi

I feel like I was busy yesterday, got some odds and ends taken care of and more organizing after the accountant left playing with quick books. I still have more to do on that. Last night I did laundry so tonight I could pack. We're meeting some friends out for wing night too. I also want to finish my sister's 2nd fingerless glove before I leave so she can wear them over the weekend. I used a red heart pattern that I just used for myself (still need a pic) so am excited to see the pattern Dusti's using.

One of my projects yesterday consisted of making up a graph ghan.....getting the pic printed out with the graph lines. Took me a bit, but I think I got it so we'll see what happens. One of our good friends is having his 40th bday just after the new year, so I'm doing something with the harley davidson colors :wink My sister is very excited about it :lol

Tomorrow morning I'll see my patient and then hit the road for my 5 hour drive :eek We'll be going to pizza hut for dinner tomorrow night, on wed they have their dinner buffet there and my parents really enjoy going to it and they enjoy it even more when any of us are home :shrug Personally I could take it or leave it, but they just get so excited about it for some reason. Not that they go EVERY week, but when anyone's around, there's no question about it :lol Then me and my dad make our pumpkin rolls :drool

I'm hoping for some resting and shopping over the weekend :xfin I gotta start looking into the sales to see what I need.

Dusti - Oh but the venison is so worth the work isn't it!? I'm excited to see the pattern you're using. You are just a cooking/baking machine :manyheart

Linda - Glad they were able to see Kim anyway and how's the nail painting going? Oooo, we have pasta at our thanksgiving dinner too :drool And, I even get homemade pasta (the sauce always is, but we usually buy noodles)....ooooo, I'm so excited :D

Cindy - I totally agree, stephanie plum is flat out stupid....I just find it hysterical, like put the book down laughing hysterical!! I'm constantly laughing and shaking my head :lol Your thankgiving plans sound great!!!!

Joanne - I'm glad you left work on time yesterday :yes How was craft club last night?

Marlene - Hopefully Maya's cough clears up, but glad to hear she's feeling better overall :hug Sorry to hear about your friend and SIL, I will say some prayers for them both :hug Have fun making the santas :wink

Hi, peeps!

Marlene, I'm exactly like your SIL - I had wrist surgery just before joining CV and when the surgeon took out the stitches I couldn't look....felt weird...on the way home I went into an attack (vasovagal syncope) and hubby had to pull over so I could lay down on the back seat with my head low so I wouldn't pass out!

The first time I did that I ended up in the hospital for days, getting tested. Nurses, etc, think it's mind over matter - trust me, it's not something you want to have happen....if I could control my reaction I would! All that helps - pass it on to SIL - is laying down with your feet higer than your head and you can get your blood drawn or anything. I got that advice from my cardio guy.

Have a good day everyone:hug:manyheart

It also helps if you concentrate on taking slow deep breaths. (keeps you from thinking about what is going on). Vagal responses are often triggered by holding your breath, which is what a lot of us do subconsciously when we are scared, or anticipate pain or discomfort. I actually always coach my patients (as in take a deep breath in, now breathe out, etc.) and I've only had a couple of patients have vagal responses in more than 30 years of practice.

I learned this from a friend, who had many vaso-vagal reactions, before she went to work for a cardiologist and learned the deep breathing trick. Of course neither laying or deep breathing will work 100% of the time.

Sounds like your poor sil had a panic attack, Marlene, which is a lot harder to control. Hope things turn out well for her.

Good morning ~ Temps are cool here, but the thermometer is supposed to climb into the 30s, today, which will be delightful. It is really windy out there, so the children are going to be happy to have their hats and warm gloves, but 30* in November is worth being thankful for :yes

I did not get further than half-way finished with the second fingerless glove, so I will not show you that one :lol Here is the finished one

post-20536-135897712882_thumb.jpg

and here is the pattern I used. After trying it on Kyri's hand, I opted not to do the final repeat of the pattern, as her fingers were just swallowed up, but this one fits really cute. I wish I could think of a reason to make a pair for myself :think I have to wear gloves from October onward, so I am not sure I have a need for ones without fingers. My cell phone is super-basic and does not do anything aside from making calls, so I do not text...hmmmm, I will think on this one, because I LOVE the cables too much, not to do something with them.

While I am thinking about gloves and/or mittens, I have a question for you Joanne. You had mentioned a mitten tree at your work. Do you need a couple of pairs of children's mittens and a loom-knit hat? The girls were given these pieces, but they are already too small, so they are brand new. I would be happy to send them to you, if you think you could use them.

Thank you for your sympathies over packaging our venison. Really, it was a lot of work, but it does not bother me. Annika, on the other hand, could not even pass through the kitchen while we were working with "that cold thing" (said with a very wrinkled-up nose and forhead). Poor Dear. She is not fond of meat in any shape or form, so her response did not surprise me, but it made me smile. Where do sprites so little develop such strong convictions? It's a mystery to me, as she was raised and served the same foods as Kyri, yet she never developed a taste for beef, chicken, ham or turkey. I can get her to eat seafood, tofu and legumes, thank goodness. We ate venison steaks last night -- yummy. At this rate, we are not going to have any meat left in the freezer by the end of this winter, but we sure are enjoying the fruits of DH's labor.

I have to pack a suitcase and wrap a bunch of Christmas gifts. I decided to bring the presents for my nephews and niece down this week, when my car is not so full. At Christmas-time, I seem to have it loaded to the maximum capicity, so I am trying to be proactive. I am not quite ready to work with holiday wrapping paper... I am in the mood for turkeys :ttalk, orange and gold colors :autumn, but not red and green yet. Ah well, off I go to make up packages :gift

Have a good day, All :manyheart

Cindy..how's the cold?

Joanne..mmmm peppermint mocha sounds yummy :drool

Linda T. . Hope Kims dr appt went well!

Mary.. the bookworms I am doing are pretty easy. Chain 4 and join to form ring, do 10 to 15 double crochet to form head, make a chain as long as you want your bookmark to be + 10, turn, do three double crochet in each of next 7 chain..tail will curl. Glue on squiggly eyes and done. Nice project for scrap yarn. As far as Thanksgiving we will be going to our eldest daughter an sharing the holiday with our children, grandchildren and a couple close family friends. Twenty to thirty people :clap

Marisa.. the beef barley soup sounds yummy. I am sure the knit sweater is awesome!:D

I have never done gloves before.

Gonna go fix some burgers then make more worms. Want 60 by the end of the weekend so I can send them to my sister. Have a good night all

Good Afternoon everyone!

I wanted to join this fun group to get motivated to get an afghan for myself done. I am going to try to do a different granny square a day (with 4 kids and a husband and full time job, that may not happen everyday).

It also helps if you concentrate on taking slow deep breaths. (keeps you from thinking about what is going on). Vagal responses are often triggered by holding your breath, which is what a lot of us do subconsciously when we are scared, or anticipate pain or discomfort. I actually always coach my patients (as in take a deep breath in, now breathe out, etc.) and I've only had a couple of patients have vagal responses in more than 30 years of practice.

I learned this from a friend, who had many vaso-vagal reactions, before she went to work for a cardiologist and learned the deep breathing trick. Of course neither laying or deep breathing will work 100% of the time.

That's funny you should mention the deep breathing - I still do that when getting my blood drawn - even though I'm laying down:lol When I was a kid I used to faint in different situations, so i think it's always been with me, just worse at some times more than others.

You sound like you're a wonderful nurse:c9

Good morning ~ Temps are cool here, but the thermometer is supposed to climb into the 30s, today, which will be delightful. It is really windy out there, so the children are going to be happy to have their hats and warm gloves, but 30* in November is worth being thankful for :yes

I did not get further than half-way finished with the second fingerless glove, so I will not show you that one :lol Here is the finished one

[ATTACH]47975[/ATTACH]

and here is the pattern I used. After trying it on Kyri's hand, I opted not to do the final repeat of the pattern, as her fingers were just swallowed up, but this one fits really cute. I wish I could think of a reason to make a pair for myself :think I have to wear gloves from October onward, so I am not sure I have a need for ones without fingers. My cell phone is super-basic and does not do anything aside from making calls, so I do not text...hmmmm, I will think on this one, because I LOVE the cables too much, not to do something with them.

Very nice! I love the color, too:yes
Good Afternoon everyone!

I wanted to join this fun group to get motivated to get an afghan for myself done. I am going to try to do a different granny square a day (with 4 kids and a husband and full time job, that may not happen everyday).

Welcome to the House!

We'll willingly enable encourage you with your project! Check in when you can and if you're too busy to answer posts, don't worry - you won't be the first one to have that issue:lol

Hi all,

I left work exactly 4:30 again today!!!! But it took a little over an hour to get home- it's raining and everyone forgets how to drive in the rain! Crazy!

Dusti- Great idea to bring some of the gifts down now so you're car won't be so packed at Christmas time. I chuckled when you were relieved it was getting up to 30 *!!! That's below FREEZinG!!! I guess your Normal temps are way colder than I'd like, for sure!!! We were in the 40's/50's but the rain was a "cold rain" if that makes sense.

I would love the mittens/loom hat for the mitten tree. All the donations are given to a shelter for battered mothers and their children. I always donate a lot to the "tree" - Such a small thing to do to help them! I'll PM you my address and again, thank you!

Read all the posts- but need to start dinner. i'll try and stop back later or else I'll "see you in the am"

Hugs to all!

Good Afternoon everyone!

Welcome! :welcome Glad to have you join us. That sounds like a great project. :cheer :cheer :cheer

Hi Ladies,

Judy & Cindy, Thanks for the info. I wrote it down and will pass it on to SIL.

Marisa, Safe travels on your way to your parents.

Dusti, Those fingerless mittens are cute. Thanks for sharing the pattern. Good thinking on packing some Christmas presents up now. Safe travels on your way to your parents.

Christi, The bookmarks sound cute. I bet the kids love them especially with little eyes. It gives them a personality.

Melissa, :welcome Good luck on your afghan.

Joanne, Yah for leaving at 4:30. You have to take care of you.

Linda, Spaghetti and meatballs sound yummy. I haven't made them in years.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts of my friend and SIL. It rained here today. And it is cold. If it wasn't for the holidays and Maya hubby could talk me into going to Texas where it is in the 70's or warmer. Someday.

I had pt exam today. He's checking with the doctor to see if they will give him the okay to do traction on my neck. I go back tomorrow to. He's having me do a head/neck exercise. He said think of a turtle how they put there head in and out.

I got two santas done today. Going to start DD's tree skirt tonight.

I made a big pan of apple crisp today for are dinner.

I'm going to go. I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice wednesday everyone!

Good morning!

Another rainy, soggy day here in NJ--sure hope it stops today!

Marisa- Safe travels home today! Enjoy your time with your family- I'm not a huge fan of Pizza Hut, but sounds like your folk really, really enjoy it!!! I'll be they are super excited that you are coming home for the holiday so they have an excuse to go tonight. Have fun with your Dad making the pumpkin rolls!

Are you heading out Black Friday shopping- stores open midnight (some even 10PM on Thanksgiving) Kudos on the weight loss- and I know what's it like to have clothes that don't fit right anymore--that's why they all got donated!! I really don't NEED any clothes- and am debating heading out on Black Friday-don't really enjoy shopping in crazy crowds--but some of the bargains are almost too good to pass up! We'll see----

Gotta run- commute will be slow going thanks to the rain---and even slower going coming home since it's the busiest travel day of the year.

To all of you who are traveling today- have a wonderful Thanksgiving- enjoy your family and friends. Many blessings to all!

Good morning all. It's mostly cloudy and very windy here today so far. Got the guest bedroom all ready for Lou to arrive today. All the sewing stuff moved back downstairs for now. Funny thing is I'll probably end up bringing most of it back upstairs to show Lou and then taking it back downstairs again. Oh, well. Makes John happy, so I guess it's worth the extra trips. Still have to vacuum and then we are ready for her arrival. Trouble went to get groomed this morning too, so she'll not look quite so much like a ragamuffin.

Hope the neck stretching helps Marlene.

Stay safe on the roads all who are traveling both today and tomorrow. :hug

Haven't decided if I'll try any of the Black Friday sales or not this year Joanne. I usually go to them with Rosie and she's up north this year which takes a lot of the fun out of going to them. Money's kind of tight this year too, which takes even more fun out of it.

Have a wonderful day today. :manyheart Catch you all later.

/˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* ˛° *

/*˛˚ •˚ ˚Good Morning! ** ~*

/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚.˚* ˚ ★ ˚. ★ *˛

˚* ˚ ˚* ˛˚ .. : ) ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .

Just wanted to hop in and say HI......... thinking about you all!!

Love you guys!!! Have a great day!!!!

:heart

:mug

Good morning housemates :hi

We had a good time out last night. I packed up this morning. My sister forgot to go to the bread store before work to pick up her order for the holiday so since I was ahead of schedule I ran over to get it for her so her bf wouldn't have to. She said he's getting his schedule changed again but wasn't sure of the specifics since she was still groggy getting the info :shrug Poor guy :hug I came in here a bit early to try to get through some paperwork that needs done before my patient comes so that when he's done I can jet after inputting his info into the computer system :yes

Oh, I got my sign permit yesterday :clap BUT on my way to pick it up and pay the fees, I rear ended a lady!!!! :eek I was sooo mad, she was stopped at a yield that goes into it's own lane to join 2 others to make a 3 lane business district highway. So I was stopped behind her, meanwhile nobody was coming she let off the breaks so I looked back and the nearest car coming up was still quite a ways back so I took my foot off my break and when I turned my head back she stopped again, for what? I still have now clue. So I never even applied my gas, but then slammed the break again and it just wasn't quick enough. She was pleasant enough and we were both alright so that was the important thing. My car just has a small dent and scratch, the grill popped out of place and I wasn't able to get it back into the hooks so a friend fixed it for me. It's been 13 years and the last one I was in was on the interstate just after they called a state of emergency due to snow and there was a pile up already, visibility was low and even though I was doing 30 on the interstate slid right into it when I tried to start slowing down :shrug I guess it happens and that's why we carry insurance, that's what I kept telling myself to feel a bit better. I AM thankful that we are both ok and uninjured :yes

OK, now I'm done rambling, gotta go get some things done!

Dusti - That glove is great!!!! My sister's planning on layering hers with a full glove underneath (the stretchy kind that is form fitting), so there's an idea for you :devil It looks cute :yes

Christi - Yummy, I love burgers :drool

Melissa - :welcome and good luck with your afghan, you sound awfully busy so I'll pray for you to find some :hook time daily :hug

Joanne - I love going out on black friday, but the funny thing is that I just kinda mosey around and waste time....it's rare that I'm actually trying to get something. I'm the idiot at walmart doing the grocery shopping and end up with some foil or wax paper, maybe a loaf of bread :lol You get the pic

Marlene - I do that neck exercise ALL the time. At my desk, at a red light.....it's a great one :yes Your apple crisp sounds wonderful :drool

Judy, Linda, and Tam - :hi ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday :hug

Melissa ~ :welcome Glad you decided to join us. A square-a-day sounds challenging, what with all you have on your plate, but we wish you a lot of luck. Are you using a certain series of colors? We'd love to hear about your progress and :cheeryou on towards your goal.

Thank you for the compliment on my gloves, Judy. If I forgot to mention it, I am using Lioan Brand Wool-ease in Seaspray. It is not something I would have immediately chosen, but I like it a lot as I am working with it. Glove #2 is finished. :yay (Told you they do not take long ;))

Joanne ~ So sorry to hear that the weather is yucky up your way. All week, our weather forcaster has been lauding how much we have to be thankful for, what with temps in the 40s and no snow all weekend for traveling, I guess he was right :yes Be careful on your commute. I hear the lines and delays at many airports on the coasts are mounting, today. I am really glad we can reach my folks' by car. Once the girls are dismissed from school this afternoon, we will start the 5 hour drive :drive. This time, DH is with us, so I may get to work on some crocheting. That reminds me, I still have to pack my travel bag of yarn :hook

I would love the mittens/loom hat for the mitten tree. All the donations are given to a shelter for battered mothers and their children. I always donate a lot to the "tree" - Such a small thing to do to help them! I'll PM you my address and again, thank you! Wonderful. I got your message, and I will package them up for you. Thank you for responding so quickly.

Dusti, Those fingerless mittens are cute. Thanks for sharing the pattern. Good thinking on packing some Christmas presents up now. Safe travels on your way to your parents. Thank you :hug

I hope your appointment with the physical therapist goes well, today. My DH was instructed to do similar-sounding exercises to ward off migraines. It must be quite a powerful exercise, if it is recommended to so many patients. I hope you get some answers :hugYour santa pins for Maya's classmates sound so cute. When I was young, I always had seasonal, crocheted pin on my jacket, when I went to school. My mum found them, when we were home earlier this month, and now my girls are alternating who wears them and when. Your work will be special to the children, just wait and see :)

/˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* ˛° *

:hiTam!! Hope you are doing all right. Will you have all of your children together for Thanksgiving? Or, is your oldest DS back on-board his ship, again. Hope you have a good one!

Oh Marisa~I felt so badly for you as I was reading about your accident, yesterday. It could have happened to any of us :hug:hugAre you still feeling okay, today? No pain or stiffness? Listen to me, asking a Dr. if she hurts :P Well, I am asking as a concerned friend, and I do hope you are all right! Congrats on getting your sign permit :clap I liked your sister's plan to layer the fingerless gloves with stretch gloves (that is what I always have in my pockets, anyway, at least until the frigid weather sets-in). I think I need a pair for myself, in pink, of course :D Thank you for enabling ;) I knew there had to be a way to make the gloves work for me. Safe travels as you head out this morning. Your parents sound as excited to be having you as mine always are. Isn't it grand?!? :manyheart Take your time this afternoon, and I will catch up with you again, after the weekend.

I drove DH and the girls in to town this morning, and then I will pick them all up, again, at 3. From there, we will be on our way. The Christmas present wrapping took a long time, yesterday. Bunches and bunches of boxes are done, but I am not sure I am going to be able to fit all of them in the car this time, either. Oh well, they will get there, eventually. Our suitcase is packed. The girls' snowgear is packed. And I am off to take a loaf of Cranberry-Orange Bread out of the oven. This will be served at breakfast tomorrow, along with omelets at my parents'.

Have a :ttalkHappy Thanksgiving :tdance. Stay safe.

:pilgrim

I came in here a bit early to try to get through some paperwork that needs done before my patient comes so that when he's done I can jet after inputting his info into the computer system :yes

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time with your family.

Oh, I got my sign permit yesterday :clap BUT on my way to pick it up and pay the fees, I rear ended a lady!!!! :eek I was sooo mad, she was stopped at a yield that goes into it's own lane to join 2 others to make a 3 lane business district highway. So I was stopped behind her, meanwhile nobody was coming she let off the breaks so I looked back and the nearest car coming up was still quite a ways back so I took my foot off my break and when I turned my head back she stopped again, for what? I still have now clue. So I never even applied my gas, but then slammed the break again and it just wasn't quick enough. She was pleasant enough and we were both alright so that was the important thing. My car just has a small dent and scratch, the grill popped out of place and I wasn't able to get it back into the hooks so a friend fixed it for me. It's been 13 years and the last one I was in was on the interstate just after they called a state of emergency due to snow and there was a pile up already, visibility was low and even though I was doing 30 on the interstate slid right into it when I tried to start slowing down :shrug I guess it happens and that's why we carry insurance, that's what I kept telling myself to feel a bit better. I AM thankful that we are both ok and uninjured :yes

Yikes! :eek I'm so glad that you are both okay. I hate being behind someone like that. They are super dangerous on the road because they are so unpredictable.

All week, our weather forcaster has been lauding how much we have to be thankful for, what with temps in the 40s and no snow all weekend for traveling, I guess he was right :yes Be careful on your commute. I hear the lines and delays at many airports on the coasts are mounting, today. I am really glad we can reach my folks' by car. Once the girls are dismissed from school this afternoon, we will start the 5 hour drive :drive. This time, DH is with us, so I may get to work on some crocheting. That reminds me, I still have to pack my travel bag of yarn :hook

Have a wonderful time with your family Dusti and wishing you a safe and smooth trip down today.

When I was young, I always had seasonal, crocheted pin on my jacket, when I went to school. My mum found them, when we were home earlier this month, and now my girls are alternating who wears them and when. Your work will be special to the children, just wait and see :)

What fun for them to carry on the tradition.

I drove DH and the girls in to town this morning, and then I will pick them all up, again, at 3. From there, we will be on our way. The Christmas present wrapping took a long time, yesterday. Bunches and bunches of boxes are done, but I am not sure I am going to be able to fit all of them in the car this time, either. Oh well, they will get there, eventually. Our suitcase is packed. The girls' snowgear is packed. And I am off to take a loaf of Cranberry-Orange Bread out of the oven. This will be served at breakfast tomorrow, along with omelets at my parents'.

You are making me so very hungry.

Got the vacuuming done and just have to start on all the other stuff now.

Safe travels to everyone traveling this weekend. :hug

Good Afternoon everyone!

Welcome! We're glad you're here!

That's funny you should mention the deep breathing - I still do that when getting my blood drawn - even though I'm laying down:lol When I was a kid I used to faint in different situations, so i think it's always been with me, just worse at some times more than others.

You sound like you're a wonderful nurse:c9

Very nice! I love the color, too:yes

Aww thanks, Judy!

Haven't decided if I'll try any of the Black Friday sales or not this year Joanne. I usually go to them with Rosie and she's up north this year which takes a lot of the fun out of going to them. Money's kind of tight this year too, which takes even more fun out of it.

I wasn't going to go, but my brother and sil are coming and my sil loves Black Friday shopping. My niece (her daughter) who goes to university in Iowa, came home with a friend from Chicago for Thanksgiving weekend. She is also coming down to Michigan to go shopping with me. Dsil and her dd have been coming here for years to go shopping on Thanksgiving weekend, so they see it as a tradition. I have to work this weekend, so I hope they don't want to make a 12 hour day of it!

/˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* ˛° *

Hi Tam, how are things at your house?

So glad you are okay!~

[quote name=rii698;2379505 Glove #2 is finished. :yay (Told you they do not take long ;))

I drove DH and the girls in to town this morning' date=' and then I will pick them all up, again, at 3. From there, we will be on our way. The Christmas present wrapping took a long time, yesterday. Bunches and bunches of boxes are done, but I am not sure I am going to be able to fit all of them in the car this time, either. Oh well, they will get there, eventually. Our suitcase is packed. The girls' snowgear is packed. And I am off to take a loaf of Cranberry-Orange Bread out of the oven. This will be served at breakfast tomorrow, along with omelets at my parents'.

Have a great weekend. I liked the glove and plan to try the pattern myself. Thanks for the link.

Joanne, hope your weather is better today. We had rain yesterday, but today is bright and sunny. Do you have to work Friday?

Mary, have a good time with Luke.

Marlene, hope our "helpful hints" help you poor sil.

I spent the day cleaning and dd is currently baking for tomorrow. I have to go to a meeting at work for a few hours still this afternoon, and then I'm going to relax and craft for the rest of the evening.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I think I will probably have some time to check in in the morning, but it depends what time I get up.

Hi, ladies!

...a flyby - was busy all day!

Marisa, I'm so grateful you're ok!! BTW: do you have insurance on yourself (not sure if it's called disability or what) so if you aren't able to work you'll still get an income.

Later, gals!~

Meatballs and sauce are both made and the initial cooking of the meatballs is done. It made one very full crockpotful. They be put to cooking together in the morning. The cake is baking in the oven. I'll frost it tomorrow morning also. Kim mashed up the bananas for it. She and her mom sat on the sidelines and supervised as John and I cooked in the kitchen at the same time disputed who got to use the 9x13 metal cakepan. I won on that one. He had just pulled the last of the meatballs out of the oven as the cake was ready to go in. Great timing! :D It will be done in about 25 minutes or so.

Hey ladies :hi

I'm at my parents and it was a long ride home, there was alot of traffic :eek I made it just in time for pizza hut :lol We made the pumpkin roll and have it cooling now. Will do the filling later yet.

Thank you all for caring so much about me and each other in the house. It's thanksgiving and I am thankful for meeting this wonderful and selfless group of ladies :manyheart

Judy - I have limited liability. I would need a separate disability insurance for that, which I'll probably get when I have money to spend on it, but for now :shrug My insurance will cover the vehicle and medical for any passengers that are not already covered by their own. I am still fine today though :whew In PA, if you're injured in an auto accident and need medical treatment, your own insurance pays for the medical under your policy regardless of who's fault it is. Then it trickles down. If someone doesn't have auto insurance, then it would go through any auto insurance in the household. If there is none, then it would go to the driver's, and so on.

I'm off to relax :hug

Happy thanksgiving :tdance

Hi all,

I left work at 4:30 again today!!! And don't have to go back to work until Monday morning!!! Yipee!!!

I went over to DD's after work and watched Ryan so she could run to a store where her friend works at. She picked out a few things that her friend will buy for her on Black Friday since she has to work that day- so DD will get the Black Friday sale without having to go to the store. She just called me to tell me that my SIL is getting stuck at work tonight- so that means he'll be working a double, come home in the AM - sleep and have to be at work again at 2

Oldest DD called and she has decided to stay home since she's got a cold and doesn't want to share!!! She said she's going to try to come down for a weekend in Dec. I'm kind of sad I won't get to see her, but totally understand. It was going to be a quick turn-around trip anyway. She said she'd much rather stay home snuggled in the blankets I made her and rest than be on a bus for 12 hours round trip. Can't say as I blame her.

Marisa- I'm so glad that you are ok! Traffic was a bear today--busiest travel day and all that. Rest and relax and enjoy your family!!!

Linda- Sounds like things are going along ok--Happy thanksgiving to you!!

Cindy--I may just venture out Black Friday. Still haven't totally made up my mind.

My car's heat doesn't seem to be working properly- of course, now that it's getting colder, it decides to act up. Hoping that SIL can take a look at it Fri or Sat- to see if it's the thermostat or heat pump or what.

Dusti- Hope you enjoy the time with your parents and family- and thank you again for the mittens you'll be sending!!!

See you in the AM

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, everyone. We will be going to my son's this afternoon, armed with twice baked potatoes and pie. It will be a small gathering - my husband and I, the three kids, and the new DIL. That's all the family we have for all practical purposes. In this day and age, I guess it is unusual enough just to have all of my kids home for the holiday, and I'm thankful for that.

Early this morning I finished my round ripple Christmas tree skirt. Now to find a time to put up the tree . . .

:tdance:ttalk

Happy Turkey Day...I'm thankful for so much...for my friends here...for my neighborhood friends...and of course for my hubby and son and 2 furbabies. I'm truly blessed.

See you all tomorrow!:hug:manyheart

:ttalk:tdanceHappy Thanksgiving! :tdance:ttalk

Wishing all of you who are traveling a safe journey. I am so thankful for all of my friends here in Crochetville. You are a wonderful group of ladies and your support and encouragement mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day. We'll be leaving for Kim's cousin's house in about an hour. The banana nut cake now has it's cream cheese frosting and chopped pecans on top of that. The Italian meatballs and sauce are heating up in the oven. There will be seafood gumbo and fried turkey and lots of other goodies. :devil

Hey ladies :hi

I'm at my parents and it was a long ride home, there was alot of traffic :eek I made it just in time for pizza hut :lol We made the pumpkin roll and have it cooling now. Will do the filling later yet.

Happy thanksgiving :tdance

I'm glad you had a safe journey and made there in time for pizza.

Hi all,

I left work at 4:30 again today!!! And don't have to go back to work until Monday morning!!! Yipee!!!

I went over to DD's after work and watched Ryan so she could run to a store where her friend works at. She picked out a few things that her friend will buy for her on Black Friday since she has to work that day- so DD will get the Black Friday sale without having to go to the store. She just called me to tell me that my SIL is getting stuck at work tonight- so that means he'll be working a double, come home in the AM - sleep and have to be at work again at 2

Yikes! :eek That's a lot of hours and not much time to enjoy the holiday.

Oldest DD called and she has decided to stay home since she's got a cold and doesn't want to share!!! She said she's going to try to come down for a weekend in Dec. I'm kind of sad I won't get to see her, but totally understand. It was going to be a quick turn-around trip anyway. She said she'd much rather stay home snuggled in the blankets I made her and rest than be on a bus for 12 hours round trip. Can't say as I blame her.

Sorry she won't make it to be with you all, but she's probably made the right decision.

My car's heat doesn't seem to be working properly- of course, now that it's getting colder, it decides to act up. Hoping that SIL can take a look at it Fri or Sat- to see if it's the thermostat or heat pump or what.

Hope the problem is something simple.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, everyone. We will be going to my son's this afternoon, armed with twice baked potatoes and pie. It will be a small gathering - my husband and I, the three kids, and the new DIL. That's all the family we have for all practical purposes. In this day and age, I guess it is unusual enough just to have all of my kids home for the holiday, and I'm thankful for that.

Enjoy your day with family.

Archived