Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Marlene and Marisa!!!

Marisa- Hope that the rock n'rye knocks whatever it is right out of your system!!!! Good luck with the signage! I think that would definitely help! I'm with you and everyone-- your SIL doesn't need an otoscope!

Marlene--Glad you had a nice time with hubby's family and I sure hope Maya feels better (although I am sure she just loves having you there!!!! Enjoy the Country Music Awards! I'll be watching Harry's Law in a few- DH and I both enjoy it.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI all,

Another day in Paradise for me---and a late one at that! Not getting off till 5:30!

Coffee time!!!!

Have a good day----

Julie- if you are lurking about- just want you to know I miss you around here and hope all is well!!!

flyby...

Going to see DS for a treatment today - my back (scoliosis issue) needs a little TLC. Oh, well.....:P

Yeah, right! I don't usually get any ideas until at least the middle of the summer. Take it easy tonight.

It was hard getting to sleep...today I'm going to pick up some Aleve to have on hand...

I'm off to the downstairs. Have a good night everyone. I think I'm going to take out the start of the shawl I'm working on and going with a bigger hook. I'm just not real happy with the look of it. :2frog :2frog

Do you need a little froggy to keep you company??:lol;)

Marlene, I'm glad Maya napped and felt better. That's what DS used to do when little. Once he work up he felt somuch batter. Amazing isn't it, the recuperative powers that children have?

Later, gators.:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. It's chilly and supposed to stay that way all weekend, which should be good for the hunters. This kind of weather puts them in the horny mood from what I hear. And that makes for good hunting, as they aren't as careful, with their minds full of other things. :D

Hope everyone has a great day. :manyheart

Hugs to all in need. :hug

Linda, I haven't tried the knook yet and not sure when I will get to. My doctor said the same thing about bp. :clap Your A1C is down. Can't wait to see your shawl when you get it done. What a bargin on the brown suede material.

I was thrilled at the price of the suede. This store buy up bolt ends and such, marks them down, and still makes a profit. And we get a super good deal, so they get a clientele built up. They had some lovely cottons for use in quilting, too. Rosie got a bunch of those.

Marisa, I have to buy the post cards at the post office when I send post cards out for my family reunion. I didn't have a problem for a few years, but one year the post office said what I was using wasn't the right size. If you have windows that people walk by I would use poster board and make a sign. Anything to bring attention to people. How about making some flyers up and going to parking lots and put them on peoples windows. When my nephew had the restaurant and was new that did that at the grocery store and church parking lots. Maybe check around different stores, laundry mat for bullention boards and put a flyer and business cards up there.

Marisa ~ The flyers do sound like a good idea and lots of grocery stores and some other mom and pop stores all have bulletin boards that people really do look at. I know I have.

It's been a busy week for me. Dinner with hubby's family was nice. Tuesday 7 of us met for breakfast then 5 of us met for lunch. Friday were meeting up with 2 of his brothers and spouses for a Veteran's Day event. I don't know if we will stick around all day and go to dinner or not.

Have fun with the get-together.

I got a call from DD at 2am could I come down this morning Maya was up sick. Right now she doesn't have an assistant manager and another store in company close by doesn't have a manager so she don't have a fill in for her. So through in the load of laundry I was going to do when I got up and went back to bed. Maya took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. She is feeling better now. If all is well in the morning I will go home. If not I'll go home tomorrow when DD gets out of work.

Hope she's all better today.

I have the scarf I've been working on about 2/3s done.

Well I'm off going to work some more on the scarf and watch the country music awards show. Have a nice evening everyone!

Hope all is well with everyone we haven't seen in awhile.:hug

Always nice to here from you Marlene.

flyby...

Going to see DS for a treatment today - my back (scoliosis issue) needs a little TLC. Oh, well.....:P

Treat it nice Judy.

Do you need a little froggy to keep you company??:lol;)

I've got a very nice little froggy from a dear friend to keep me company as I go rippit-rippit-rippit today. :D I've done up almost half a skein of yarn and I just do NOT like the affect. I thought it would get softer and look better if I just kept at it, but it doesn't and I don't, so will bite the bullet and play with the froggies. :frog:2frog:frog

Marlene, I'm glad Maya napped and felt better. That's what DS used to do when little. Once he work up he felt somuch batter. Amazing isn't it, the recuperative powers that children have?

Later, gators.:hug:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

Thank you for your great suggestions, I think I will be using some of them :yes My sister's haircut went great last night and she loves it. My mom did as well, we sent her a pic, and we decided we have to take my mom there when she's in again :lol Then we went out to eat and it happened to be wing night where we went so that made up our minds for what we wanted :drool

I'm feeling very drained today after not sleeping well last night :( I fell asleep great and then was up around midnight and then tossed and turned for the rest of the night.

I had an appt at the bank this morning and signed all the paperwork for a line of credit :clap:cheer Not ideal, but definitely better than nothing :yay But at least I won't have to keep asking my sister to pay the office bills while trying to build up. I can't use it for personal bills though, so will still need some help, but at least it won't be as bad. And that's gives me something to use for marketing and getting my sign :yes

Linda - I sure hope the hunting goes well....that was a tidbit of info that I did not know :no:lol

Marlene - Glad to hear that Maya was feeling better after getting some sleep. Hope she continued to feel that way :hug

Joanne - :yay for getting a package and getting to see Ryan in just a short time after a hard day at work :wink

Judy - I'm sure ds will give you much TLC :hug

Be back later.....

Marisa ~ Yay for a line of credit! That will help lots.

I took pictures of the fabrics that will be going into the Shanghai Shawl. All of them have gold glitz in them, which helps tie them together along with the color scheme. I'm hoping to get to work on them a bit this weekend.

post-9295-135897710362_thumb.jpg

Hi House! No, I'm not at the bar in Port Aransas. :lol The Red Tide algae problem at the coast was so bad that we decided to leave and got home very late last night. It affects your eyes, breathing and throat so bad that people were wearing masks and staying inside! Gracie was coughing constantly, too. :( Supposedly, this was the worst it's ever been in that area. The winds were too high for DH to go with the fishing guide...so much for a great week at the beach. :sigh

I'm pretty much caught up here at home and will go back through posts this afternoon. I hope everyone is okay. :manyheart We left Zoe at the vet while we were gone - we had her declawed and he wants to keep her one more day. I miss her! Be back later!

Hi again! :)

Brendalee ~ Welcome to Crochetville! I hope you'll come in and visit with us again soon. :yes

Cindy ~ What wonderful news about your dad! :manyheart You all must be so happy to see the unexpected improvement!

Marlene ~ All of the family get-togethers sounded great! It's so nice that you're able to help your DD and stay Maya - how far away are they? We spent some time in Rockport and Fulton - the air was much better than at the beach. We ate at Charlotte Plummers...love their gumbo!

Judy ~ I'm so glad Lucy is okay! Just when you think they're settling down, they find another "treasure" to chew on!:wink I hope your back is lots better. :hug

Hi Kiyo! I hope all is well and that the move is going okay!

Marisa ~ Good news about the line of credit. :clap Being able to advertise and a new sign will help a lot!:manyheart

Linda ~ Oh, the fabrics are gorgeous together! :cheer It's so neat that you have Rosie for a "sounding board." I hope your knee is back to normal now. :yes And I read about round ripples, a shawl and I'm sure something else...you are amazing!

Joanne ~ So glad you get lots of time with little Ryan. :c9 Work sounds super busy right now...is it time for the cleaning service yet? :lol Thanks for the link to the hat pattern!

Hi to everyone at the House!

Mary, sorry your vacation didn't turn out as you hoped.

Linda, I'm looking forward to seeing that shawl. I like your fabric choices.

Another busy day at work today. (all this busyness is getting a little old!) Tomorrow I have to teach advanced cardiac life support classes. At least I don't have to get there until 8:30.

Hi all,

It was a LONG day and like Cindy- all this busyness is starting to get to me too!! And there really won't be relief till next year--with all the new staff coming on board and needing to be trained...It's a good sign that they are hiring lots of people- it means our company is doing well---and in turn, means I really don't have to worry about a job!!

Linda- I love the fabric choices.....and like Marisa, I had no idea about the hunting/deer issue!;)

Mary- Sorry that the RR at the Beach didn't work out as planned:( I had never heard of the Red Tide algae so had to 'google' it! Welcome home!

Judy- I'm sure your DS took very good care of you today!

Marisa- Glad you got some line of credit. That's great news! Sounds like you and sis both found a great new hairdresser!!! I'm seriously thinking of changing. They are opening an Ulta that I pass right by on my way home from work and may just give them a try! (Judy- it's on Rt 18- new shopping plaza with Babies R Us, Pier One, Annie Sez, Under $5, Toys R Us, and a few others.

Off to relax for a bit with a little:crocheting

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Good news on the line of credit. Hope your feeling better and get a good night sleep.

Judy, Hope your back feels better.

Mary, Sorry you had to cut your vacation short. Glad the red tide algae isn't up in are area. Luke will be excited to see you sooner I bet.

DD is at least a 2 hour drive.

Cindy, Hope your day tomorrow is much easier.

Joanne, :clap for getting some Ryan time. We all love are grandbabies! Hope tomorrow will be a little easier for you.

Linda, Your shawl is going to be beautiful with those colors. Hope your knee is better tonight. I love hearing from everyone to.

Maya felt pretty good when she got up but it didn't last very long. I hope tomorrow is better for her. If not I will be here with her. DD doesn't have a replacement at work and tomorrow is her day off but she has to work. She has 3 interviews in the afternoon. And lots of shipment to put up. They are in the start of there Holiday Shopping. She is missing her assistant manager. He transferred to Indiana. And a store near by here doesn't have a manager so both stores are in a bad spot for the Holiday Season.

I'm off for the night. Have a good friday everyone!

Marlene, I hope Maya feels better soon. Also that DD gets some help.

Joanne, hopefully those new employees will be fast learners! We have lots of new people, but the old people are leaving in crowds, and it takes at least 6 months to turn a new hire into a critical care nurse, so that light at the end of the tunnel is a long ways off!

Marisa, glad to hear about the line of credit. (and your sister sounds like a real treasure!)

I have been knitting a dishcloth for the past few days, and am almost finished it. Only a few rows to go. Then I will have to work on DD's hat again. She is going to want it soon. It snowed all day today. The grass is white, but the sidewalks and roads are just wet.

I forgot to tell you all that my dad has now been off the ventilator for 6 days, and has his trach capped and is getting oxygen by nasal canula again. (that's what he uses at home). He will be moving out of the intensive care unit to the progressive care unit in the next few days if he continues to progress.

I don't know if I mentioned that my mom tripped and broke her shoulder this week. They casted her arm in order to put weight on the shoulder and pull the bone into position, but there is some concern that the bone will not stay in place, so she may need surgery to repair it. The plan is to repeat xrays next week and decide then. My brother thinks she has quite a bit of pain, but when I talked to her on the phone, she said it wasn't too bad. She gets dizzy from pain meds, so she prefers not to take them.

I'm hoping to go there next weekend and check things out for myself.

Good morning! It is 11-11-11--and Veteran's Day!

I'm so thankful to all those who have served or are serving our country so that we may enjoy our freedom!!!

Cindy- That's is wonderful news about your Dad!!! Didn't know about your mom and her shoulder- she sounds like one tough lady to go w/out any pain meds. I hope that she will be ok---and as a Mom- I know I usually tell my children that things are fine- so it probably is a good idea to check it out if you can next weekend!

Training takes a lot of effort and TIME---you are right- it's months before they are up and running!

Time to get ready for Paradise! TGIF!!! TGIF!! TGIF!!!

Good morning. The ground is covered with snow here today and it's cold. Its supposed to warm up so I think it will melt later on.

Joanne, my mom has such poor short term memory that I don't think it would occur to her to tell us anything other than the literal truth. She probably really didn't have any pain when I talked to her. Of course she was sitting quietly in her chair at the time.

Hope everyone has a good day. Not sure if I will make it back here today, since we are going out with friends this evening, and there was some talk of staring with dinner..

Hi, ya peeps!

Mary - how disappointing about your vacation...and UGH - what a reason to have to leave!:eek

I have been knitting a dishcloth for the past few days, and am almost finished it. Only a few rows to go. Then I will have to work on DD's hat again. She is going to want it soon. It snowed all day today. The grass is white, but the sidewalks and roads are just wet.

and so it begins....snow...:P

I forgot to tell you all that my dad has now been off the ventilator for 6 days, and has his trach capped and is getting oxygen by nasal canula again. (that's what he uses at home). He will be moving out of the intensive care unit to the progressive care unit in the next few days if he continues to progress.

wonderful!

I don't know if I mentioned that my mom tripped and broke her shoulder this week. They casted her arm in order to put weight on the shoulder and pull the bone into position, but there is some concern that the bone will not stay in place, so she may need surgery to repair it. The plan is to repeat xrays next week and decide then. My brother thinks she has quite a bit of pain, but when I talked to her on the phone, she said it wasn't too bad. She gets dizzy from pain meds, so she prefers not to take them.

That's wise of her to know her body's reaction to the meds.

We women are a strong bunch...after all, men aren't the one's giving birth, are they?:lol

I had a nice session with DS yesterday and felt so good after the treatment...:c9:c9

Off I go...

Have a happy Friday everyone...

ANd to all those veterans, past and present...

Thank you:sstar:sstar:sstar

Good morning friends. It got down to freezing last night and was only 39 a little bit ago. I'm cold! :wbrr My blood has thinned down with all the years I've been down here. This didn't used to bother me, but now it does. I'm cradling a cup of cocoa, trying to get my fingers warm. John's got the thermostat set at 69, so even with the heat on the house feels cold to me. I've pulled the curtains shut in here in the office and that is helping some, too since there is more window than wall in here. :lol

Hi Ladies,

Maya felt pretty good when she got up but it didn't last very long. I hope tomorrow is better for her. If not I will be here with her. DD doesn't have a replacement at work and tomorrow is her day off but she has to work. She has 3 interviews in the afternoon. And lots of shipment to put up. They are in the start of there Holiday Shopping. She is missing her assistant manager. He transferred to Indiana. And a store near by here doesn't have a manager so both stores are in a bad spot for the Holiday Season.

I'm off for the night. Have a good friday everyone!

Poor Maya. :hug :hug :hug Give her a hug for me. I hope she's feeling better very soon. Poor DD too. This is not the time of year to be short-handed. Does she have to help out at the store that doesn't have a manager as well as her own?

Marlene, I hope Maya feels better soon. Also that DD gets some help.

Joanne, hopefully those new employees will be fast learners! We have lots of new people, but the old people are leaving in crowds, and it takes at least 6 months to turn a new hire into a critical care nurse, so that light at the end of the tunnel is a long ways off!

That is so very true. Even on regular floors it can take a couple of months for a new hire to get into the rhythm of the floor, especially if they are also a new grad. Specialty floors and ICUs are much harder and take much longer.

Marisa, glad to hear about the line of credit. (and your sister sounds like a real treasure!)

Brrrrrr!

That is really great news, Cindy.

I'm sorry to hear that your mom broke her arm. I hope it heals without having to have surgery on it. Sounds like a trip to check up on both of them is in order.

Good morning! It is 11-11-11--and Veteran's Day!

I'm so thankful to all those who have served or are serving our country so that we may enjoy our freedom!!!

Cindy- That's is wonderful news about your Dad!!! Didn't know about your mom and her shoulder- she sounds like one tough lady to go w/out any pain meds. I hope that she will be ok---and as a Mom- I know I usually tell my children that things are fine- so it probably is a good idea to check it out if you can next weekend!

Training takes a lot of effort and TIME---you are right- it's months before they are up and running!

Time to get ready for Paradise! TGIF!!! TGIF!! TGIF!!!

I had Kim up front with me last night as I was cooking stuff up for supper for last night and throughout the weekend. I'm really hoping John gets at least one deer this weekend. We are down to just a few packages of it in the freezer. I cooked up venison with garlic and onions last night and put some of it with cream of mushroom soup which we then had over mashed potatoes. Kim loved it. I added soy sauce, worchestershire sauce and some more spices to it and it did turn out awfully good. I'll put some of it with tomato sauce with spaghetti today later today.

Good morning ladies :hi

I had a late start this morning :( Went home a little early yesterday and zonked out by 6 :eek I woke up around 10 when mother nature called and layed there until I fell back asleep, last I saw the clock it was 11:30 and was out until just after 8 this morning :eek My head's still feeling a bit groggy, but am overall feeling better :) Still feel tired, but that could just be getting too much sleep :think

Linda - Awesome fabrics :manyheart and I had myself some cocoa too for a treat :wink

Mary - Sorry the beach was a bust, but definitely better to keep yourselves safe :hug

Cindy - Glad to hear your dad is still doing a bit better, but sorry to hear about your mom and her shoulder :hug Did you finish up your dishcloth yet? I hope your work day isn't too crazy today.

Joanne - TGIF!!!!! :cheer:yay:clap Anything exciting this weekend?

Marlene - Hopefully dd's 3 interviews will turn out well :xfin Hopefully Maya is feeling better :hug

Judy - Glad to hear your feeling better after your treatment yesterday :hug

Be back later

And, I have a patient scheduled for monday early evening after her work day :clap:yay

CONGRATULATIONS:yay:yay:yay:yay:yayMark that day down in big red letters!!!:hug

HI all,

Long day and now it's the weekend!!! Hooray!!!:clap:clap

Not much on the agenda this weekend which is just what I want!!! It's going to be very busy at work- and I'd like to just re-charge my batteries by staying home (a short visit with Ryan will probably happen) and relaxing! :c9

Marisa- Yay for your first patient Monday night!!! So happy for you and all the sleep you got is probably good for you!:yay

Judy- I'm sure your back felt much better after your visit with DS:manyheart

Hi Mary and Marlene!

Cindy- Hope you had a wonderful time with your friends this evening!

Linda- That venison dish with the cream of mushroom soup, soy sauce and garlic etc sounded great...but way too much sodium for me- so I'll just have to drool about it!! You know I'll be rooting for deer to win! ;) Enjoy your girls weekend!

Tammy-:hug:hug

Off to watch the Devils and :crocheting

:hi Tam, great to see you....I've been in and out myself a bit lately but am getting a little better :lol

And, I have a patient scheduled for monday early evening after her work day :clap:yay

Yay! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Good morning!!! Rise and Shine!!! I've got the coffee brewed!!!!

I'm so happy it's the weekend!!! :D Rutgers is playing Army this afternoon at Yankee Stadium (not going, but plan to watch for sure):cheer

I've been thinking about all our friends here that haven't posted in a while and just want to say- miss you- and hope all is well--:hug

Off to start the usual Saturday ritual!

Good morning. Sun is shining today, although it is cold. It looks like I may get the rest of the garden cleanup done today.

We've been out to breakfast with the inlaws already this morning, and now its time to get at the laundry and cleaning.

Archived