Our House Part Two

JulieKay

We are home, laundry is going and suitcases are unpacked.

Tam, lots of prayers and good thoughts for your ds and his girls. That's a tough situation.

My brother and his family are in NYC visiting my nephew, who lives and works there, and they report heavy snow there. Several years ago we had a big snowstorm on Oct 7th and many trees were lost because they were still full of leaves. Hopefully it won't be as bad there.

Judy, I'll be interested to hear what Lucy thinks of snow!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

This is just crazy- all this snow in October!!! A friend told me that there are branches and power lines down in some areas! I haven't left my house today!

Right now I'm watching the Rutgers game which is on--crazy watching them play in snow (because it's October)

We have power and I'm hoping it stays that way!!! I am so not ready for winter---hope this isn't any indication of what's in store!

Off to watch the game.

She was eating it:lol:lol:lol Of course it was wet, slushy snow....kind of like the ice she loves to eat! She was also running around like a nut - while I held my breath hoping she wouldn't hurt herself!

Life is good for little Miss Lucy (aka Chunky Monkey):D

Tam, I'm so sorry about what your son is going through. But your post had so much good news otherwise - when you're having a bad moment just try and steer your thoughts in that direction:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

She was eating it:lol:lol:lol Of course it was wet, slushy snow....kind of like the ice she loves to eat! She was also running around like a nut - while I held my breath hoping she wouldn't hurt herself!

:lol My DD's bullie, Belle loves ice too!!

My DD posted a pic on FB of Ryan in his first snow. Next thing you know, she and SIL will be teaching him how to snowboard!!! They both love it, and in fact, SIL proposed to her in VT on the slopes!

Judy, are you sure you should still be calling her "little" Miss Lucy. At 77 pounds I think she's graduated to "big girl" status. :lol :lol :lol I'm glad she likes it, since you get a bunch each winter.

Stay safe and warm, Joanne. And, remember, it's only two days from being November, which doesn't sounds so bad for snow. :lol

Judy, are you sure you should still be calling her "little" Miss Lucy. At 77 pounds I think she's graduated to "big girl" status. :lol :lol :lol I'm glad she likes it, since you get a bunch each winter.

I know....but she'll always be the baby. :lol She'll be 8 months old in a week. Sparkie knows who I mean when I ask him "Where's the baby?":manyheart

She's almost as long as Sparkie but when they sit at the door and are side by side, looking out, you can definitely see the disparity in their size.

She's turned out to be such a joy!

Off I go...tomorrow we may be headed to Best Buy to look at the iPad. Together this time:devil I think hubby is coming around:D

State of emergency declared in NJ- lots of folks without power- and lots of trees/tree branches power lines down throughout the state- this is just crazy!

Luckily, my power lines are underground and I still have power. No tree branches down. Please keep those in the northeast in your prayers. First Hurricane Irene, now this Nor'Easter!

Have a good night!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, I can't believe the snow in october either. I have a cousin in Colorado and she posted on fb she woke up to a foot of snow. My cousin in Maryland said she can't wait for it to snow. I said let it go around Michigan as we don't want it. So I told cousin in Maryland to take are share. Sorry your getting it to. I hope you and Marisa are able to meet up tomorrow and you get to visit DD. Are nephew posted on fb is is stranded out east in the snow. He travels for his job and lives in Texas.

Mary, Adorable pics of Luke and Caroline! It's to bad the rangers didn't pull off the win thursday night.

Cindy, I remember being a kid and we always had snow in october. So glad we didn't get any of Joanne's snow. Hope your brother and sil get home safely.

Marisa, Hope you have no problems in the snow and you get to meet up with Joanne.

Linda, Glad Rosy and John got home safely.

Tam, Sorry to hear about your DS and his girls. Keeping them in my prayers. My son is going through a divorce to. Such good news on the rest of the family.

Judy, Are labs loved the snow.

Last night we went to Zac's game. They won so there is another one next friday night. They will be playing one of the teams that beat them so I hope there ready for them. My hometown is in the playoffs to and they won to.

I've been crocheting on the scarf for sil. Not much of anything else going on. Catch you all tomorrow. Have a good weekend! You girls in the snow stay warm and safe.

Good morning!

Snow has stopped and for that I'm grateful! It seems that snow in October here in NJ is just wrong!

Luckily we didn't lose power or have any trees and or branches come down with the weight of the heavy, wet snow.

Marlene- The airports should be open today and your nephew should get back home. I'm sure there will be delays, but the weather is forecast to be sunny in the upper 40's.

Hope you all have a fab Sunday---Not sure if I'm going to Newark today or not- depends on what I hear about road conditions/trees/branches/etc down.

ETA - Was watching the news- NJ still in a State of Emergency- due to branches/powerlines down and power outages. Hope you didn't lose power Judy or Phyllis!

Mary~~ those pics are too cute!

Sorry to everyone who got buried by the snow. Stay safe and warm.

Judy~~hope the limbs stayed attached to your tree.

LindaT~~ will be praying for your son and girls. WOW what a mess. Awesome halloween pic

I agree with Marlene, glad we didn't get it here in MI!

Did three rows on my graph ghan yesterday. That felt like a LOT with over a dozen bobbins going for letters! Hopefully I get a chance to work on it some today too. Taking DH to breakfast now...have a good day

hi, ya...from frozen NJ!

power stayed on - tg the branches over the power lines are still intact!

Miss Lucy is ecstatic because of all the ice out in the yard this morning...but poor Sparkie has been on a limited diet for a couple of days - tummy problem...so isn't quite himself.

The sun is already melting the snow/ice off the uppermost branches of our trees, so we may still get to go out later...we'll see.

Joanne, I hope the last day of your weekend isn't a dud! I hope Marissa made it ok with traveling to her seminar...

Later gators!

Had a long post and its gone, bit gotta go.

Joanne, just text me to let me know what you decide. I wont be mad if you don't want to head up here.

I've been watching news- road closures and such so I think I'm staying put --darn weather!! Off to text you now.

:(

:sunGood Morning dear house…………..

its another beautiful Fall morning here..... a sunny crisp 45* out with a few deer hanging out in our yard enjoying the peace of the morning!

Good afternoon gang. Got a sound night's sleep, but feel like I could take a really long nap now. Have run several errands and am now going to veg out. Talked to Rosie and John last night. They only got 5" of snow earlier in the week. Not the 18" that they were calling for. They're having a marvelous time. Oh my.... 18"? that would have been something else!!! Glad they are safe and having fun!

Have a great fall day. Be careful in the snow you gals in the Northeast.

We are home, laundry is going and suitcases are unpacked.

Tam, lots of prayers and good thoughts for your ds and his girls. That's a tough situation.Thanks sweetie!!! :hug

My brother and his family are in NYC visiting my nephew, who lives and works there, and they report heavy snow there. Several years ago we had a big snowstorm on Oct 7th and many trees were lost because they were still full of leaves. Hopefully it won't be as bad there.

Hi all,

This is just crazy- all this snow in October!!! A friend told me that there are branches and power lines down in some areas! I haven't left my house today! wow

Right now I'm watching the Rutgers game which is on--crazy watching them play in snow (because it's October)

We have power and I'm hoping it stays that way!!! I am so not ready for winter---hope this isn't any indication of what's in store! Oh gosh... I hope all stays safe for you too!!!!

Off to watch the game.

Life is good for little Miss Lucy (aka Chunky Monkey):DOmgoodness... how cute!

Tam, I'm so sorry about what your son is going through. But your post had so much good news otherwise - when you're having a bad moment just try and steer your thoughts in that direction:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart Thank you so much! Yes... you are right! There is so much to be thankful for and focus on!

:lol My DD's bullie, Belle loves ice too!!

My DD posted a pic on FB of Ryan in his first snow. Next thing you know, she and SIL will be teaching him how to snowboard!!! Omgoodness... how cute! that would be something else! LOL They both love it, and in fact, SIL proposed to her in VT on the slopes!

State of emergency declared in NJ- lots of folks without power- and lots of trees/tree branches power lines down throughout the state- this is just crazy!

Luckily, my power lines are underground and I still have power. No tree branches down. Please keep those in the northeast in your prayers. First Hurricane Irene, now this Nor'Easter! oh hon.........so glad you're safe......... will definately be praying!!!

Have a good night!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, I can't believe the snow in october either. I have a cousin in Colorado and she posted on fb she woke up to a foot of snow. wow... a foot of snow in October.My cousin in Maryland said she can't wait for it to snow. I said let it go around Michigan as we don't want it. So I told cousin in Maryland to take are share. Sorry your getting it to. I hope you and Marisa are able to meet up tomorrow and you get to visit DD. Are nephew posted on fb is is stranded out east in the snow. He travels for his job and lives in Texas.

Mary, Adorable pics of Luke and Caroline! It's to bad the rangers didn't pull off the win thursday night.

Cindy, I remember being a kid and we always had snow in october. So glad we didn't get any of Joanne's snow. Hope your brother and sil get home safely.

Marisa, Hope you have no problems in the snow and you get to meet up with Joanne.

Linda, Glad Rosy and John got home safely.

Tam, Sorry to hear about your DS and his girls. Keeping them in my prayers. My son is going through a divorce to. Such good news on the rest of the family. Thank you sweetie!!!! Sorry about your son also!! :hug

Judy, Are labs loved the snow.

Last night we went to Zac's game. They won so there is another one next friday night. :yay.... way to go They will be playing one of the teams that beat them so I hope there ready for them. My hometown is in the playoffs to and they won to.

I've been crocheting on the scarf for sil. Not much of anything else going on. Catch you all tomorrow. Have a good weekend! You girls in the snow stay warm and safe.

Good morning!

Snow has stopped and for that I'm grateful! It seems that snow in October here in NJ is just wrong!

Luckily we didn't lose power or have any trees and or branches come down with the weight of the heavy, wet snow.

Marlene- The airports should be open today and your nephew should get back home. I'm sure there will be delays, but the weather is forecast to be sunny in the upper 40's.

Hope you all have a fab Sunday---Not sure if I'm going to Newark today or not- depends on what I hear about road conditions/trees/branches/etc down.

ETA - Was watching the news- NJ still in a State of Emergency- due to branches/powerlines down and power outages. Omgosh! Amazing how this is gonig on and its still sunny here. Hope you didn't lose power Judy or Phyllis!

Mary~~ those pics are too cute!

Sorry to everyone who got buried by the snow. Stay safe and warm.

Judy~~hope the limbs stayed attached to your tree.

LindaT~~ will be praying for your son and girls. WOW what a mess. Awesome halloween pic

I agree with Marlene, glad we didn't get it here in MI!

Did three rows on my graph ghan yesterday. I have fallen out of the loop lately.... missed this.... whatcha workin' on?That felt like a LOT with over a dozen bobbins going for letters! Hopefully I get a chance to work on it some today too. Taking DH to breakfast now...have a good day

hi, ya...from frozen NJ!

power stayed on - tg the branches over the power lines are still intact!

Miss Lucy is ecstatic because of all the ice out in the yard this morning...but poor Sparkie has been on a limited diet for a couple of days - tummy problem...so isn't quite himself.

The sun is already melting the snow/ice off the uppermost branches of our trees, so we may still get to go out later...we'll see.oh good! stay safe and warm my dear!

OH............ I have all the parts made for that project I'm making for you.... need to put it together and it will be in the mail to you! You needed it for Christmas ... yes?

Joanne, I hope the last day of your weekend isn't a dud! I hope Marissa made it ok with traveling to her seminar...

Later gators!

off for more coffee and spending my last Sunday with my son. He leaves on the 2nd. L

:heart

:mug

Good Morning, House. :) We've taken Luke home and it's way too quiet around here...miss him already! Thank you so much for the sweet comments about the pictures. :manyheart

All of you with snow - Wow! Stay safe and warm and I hope you all have power. The pictures on the news are incredible...I sure hope it's not a sign of things to come. :eek

Tam ~ I was so sorry to read about your son's divorce. Being in the service is such a tough job and now this. At least he knows he has wonderful support from his family! :hug I'm so glad that Ken and the rest of the family are doing well. :yes

Linda ~ It sounds like you need the rest - I hope you've been able to have a quiet, relaxing weekend. :) What are you working on?

Hi Christi ~ Oh, I can't wait to see your graph ghan! Keeping all those bobbins straight must be hard - do you have a special system? :yarn

Cindy ~ I'm sorry if I missed your post :blush - Did you go see your parents? I hope they're both doing okay and that your trip was a good one!

Hi to those I've missed, too. :hi

Time to start laundry and pick up toys. We bought Luke the beginner's set for his first wooden train...he loves it!

Good morning/afternoon gang. Chilly but sunny here. A beautiful fall day. I've definitely been having a quiet weekend. Lots of rest and relaxation. I'm doing some cleaning in the downstairs in small spits and jerks. Need to finish up the Uglee Dolls for the Christmas Bazaar. Just not in the mood for the most part.

Linda ~ It sounds like you need the rest - I hope you've been able to have a quiet, relaxing weekend. :) What are you working on? One of the things I bought at the Quilt Expo was a pattern called a Shanghai Shawl. I picked up the material for the lining for one and am going to be sorting through materials to make one in a bit. Uglee Dolls to finish and tails to hide on two prayer shawls, too.

Time to start laundry and pick up toys. We bought Luke the beginner's set for his first wooden train...he loves it!

Little boys love trains. :lol

Luckily, my power lines are underground and I still have power. No tree branches down. Please keep those in the northeast in your prayers. First Hurricane Irene, now this Nor'Easter!

Have a good night!

Oh, my! Please stay safe all of you in the Northeast. :hug

Did three rows on my graph ghan yesterday. That felt like a LOT with over a dozen bobbins going for letters! Hopefully I get a chance to work on it some today too. Taking DH to breakfast now...have a good day

Do we get to see progress pictures?

Hi all,

Didn't get to see Marisa (or my DD in Newark either):( But on a good note, I did spend the afternoon with my youngest and Ryan watching the Giants game:clap So all wasn't lost this snowy October weekend.

My niece and nephew are happy they don't have school tomorrow- but no so happy to hear they might not have power back till Wed. They live in the northern part of the state- and got about 10-12 inches of snow!

Hugs to all!!

HI!!!!!!!! Been thinking about all of you, just no time to really sit down and keep up lately.:( Hope all of you that live on the East Coast are making through the storm without any problems!:hug

Joanne-sorry that you weren't able to see dd or Marisa but it is better that you stayed safe!

Linda-enjoy the rest and take care of yourself!:hug

Judy-glad that you didn't lose power. Hopefully Sparkie will be feeling like his old self again soon. Glad to see you back!

Cindy-glad you made it home safe! Time to try and relax now!

Tam-so sorry to hear what your ds is going through! Glad to hear all the good news for your family though1:hug

Mary-adorable pics! Yep, little boys love their trains!:yes

Hi to everyone I missed and hope all is well with those that haven't been around for a while.

Trying to keep up with the kids and everything else since I've been back at work. Didn't realize how much I took staying at home for granted.

Everyone stay safe and know that I'm thinking of you!:hug:manyheart

:jack:skeleton:ghost Good morning!!!

Trick or Treat!!!! I'm working late again today (last day, TG) and then right after that heading to see Ryan for his first Halloween and then off to craft club.

Enjoy the day everyone!

'morning, peeps!

Cold and sunny here. Nice:)

DS came by yesterday for dinner and football on TV...it was a nice day. The dogs were so excited to see him, too!

Tam

Thank you! I sent you a PM....:)

Off I go - off to see DS in his professional roll;)

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning to all the gremlins. It's really chilly this morning. They were calling for the temps to drop to freezin last night. I don't know if it made it but it must have come close.John went in to work as the Queen of Hearts, complete with red wig and crown, dress, makeup, the whole nine yards. :queen And venison meatballs for the potluck lunch.

Hi all,

Didn't get to see Marisa (or my DD in Newark either):( But on a good note, I did spend the afternoon with my youngest and Ryan watching the Giants game:clap So all wasn't lost this snowy October weekend.

My niece and nephew are happy they don't have school tomorrow- but no so happy to hear they might not have power back till Wed. They live in the northern part of the state- and got about 10-12 inches of snow!

Hugs to all!!

Sorry you missed out on seeing DD and Marisa, but very glad you stayed safe. Sounds like niece and nephew got a combination of good news/bad news. :2snowman

:jack :ghost :skeletonHappy Halloween!!!! :skeleton :ghost :jack

Hi Ladies,

Marisa & Joanne, Sorry the weather interruted and you couldn't meet up.

Mary, Luke wiii have a lot of fun with his train.

Linda, I looked up the pattern for a shanghai shawl. You'll be making a nice shawl.

Christi, Good luck working on your graph ghan. I did a Michigan one for my nephew when they were expecting a baby. My hubby wants one now.

Judy, Hope sparkie feels better soon.

Busy day here have to go to Walmart pick up a few things. Come home do some laundry, pack, make a big pot of chili for hubby. I have my physical in the morning and then I'll be going to DD's. She has to go to Detroit for a meeting so I'll be staying with Maya. :clap Catch everyone later. Have a Happy Halloween!

Archived