Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Here are the coasters dd and I made this week. They are 4 inch tiles from Menards with scrapbook paper applied to them. Dd made the ones with four different designs, I was too lazy to find four different designs so mine are all from the same sheet of paper.

post-6189-135897709042_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897709046_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ladies :hi

I got almost everything hung up now and posted some notices :D I printed off some info to take home and read over the weekend :xfin I'm going to try to take some pics with my phone so I can put them up next week on the website and facebook :yes

But for now, I'm tired so am headed home. I'm not sure if I'll be in at all over the weekend :think I'm not sure if it's a busy one or not, but I do need my sister to color my hair for me :eek

So if I'm not back tomorrow or Sunday, have a wonderful weekend

Very cute pics Mary and Judy :manyheart

And Cindy, awesome coasters :h5

Hi everyone! TGIF!!!

Marisa- Sounds like everything is in order for your business!!! I'll be heading to Newark tomorrow to see DD- She is participating in Newark Reads Festival, and is facilitating an art integrated workshop for elementary school age. You can read about it here http://secure.adpay.com/clicknbuy.aspx?itemid=7517102&p=2047&st=1 I'm very proud of her. Really wish the weather would have cooperated a little bit more last weekend so I could have seen you!!!

Judy- Love the pics of Lucy and Sparkie- she is quite the typical younger one--trying to bump the older one out of the way!! I've looked at haircuts and such, and I am never sure what my face shape is. I'm thinking oval:think but not sure

Mary- I guess I missed it about your trip--where are you going? I see you have the most important thing packed- totes full of yarn!:hook Zoe is quite the little "train guard" isn't she!

Linda- Hard to believe you are in almost drought conditions and we up here had so much rain/snow etc---the weather is truly crazy!

Cindy- Love those coasters that you and DD made---I would have been like you--all four would be the same!!! Glad you were able to get your bulbs planted and flower beds/hanging baskets cleaned out. When I came home, the last hold out of flowers (not sure what kind) in a big pot out front finally succumbed to the frost. Sadly I cleaned out the pot. I don't like to see winter so close at hand. But it is what it is and I can't change it:lol

Looking forward to an extra hour of sleep this weekend, but not looking forward to the long winter of leaving work in the dark every day. I really like coming home and having some daylight!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Lucy is quite a character, isn't she?:lol

She sure is...smart too.

We had some PB on crackers for a snack a bit ago and when she walked into the room she checked out the nearest Kong toy to see if I'd put some in there for her...it's the usual place for that treat.

Here are the coasters dd and I made this week. They are 4 inch tiles from Menards with scrapbook paper applied to them. Dd made the ones with four different designs, I was too lazy to find four different designs so mine are all from the same sheet of paper.

Very nice! And like Joanne I would have made them all the same like you did:lol

I got almost everything hung up now and posted some notices :D I printed off some info to take home and read over the weekend :xfin I'm going to try to take some pics with my phone so I can put them up next week on the website and facebook :yes

But for now, I'm tired so am headed home. I'm not sure if I'll be in at all over the weekend :think I'm not sure if it's a busy one or not, but I do need my sister to color my hair for me :eek

So if I'm not back tomorrow or Sunday, have a wonderful weekend

Very cute pics Mary and Judy :manyheart

You need to take it easy if you can...don't get yourself run down!:hug:manyheart

And Lucy is such a dominant little lady with Sparkie in particular! Though she does defer to him at times. I got her used to him being fed first, so now if her cookie or something falls on the floor and he goe for it she backs off and lets him take it. They're fun to watch!

Off I go for the night. Have a good one.:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

I just lost all that I had typed up so i'll try again.

Cindy, The pumpkin muffins sound so yummy! You've had 3 very busy days off. Wow planting a 100 bulbs, but what pretty flowers you will have in the spring. Glad you caught the bare wires before you had a fire. The coasters are a neat idea and cute. Thanks for the info on Mary Maxim. Some day when we go to SIL's house or not I want to go there. Some friends in are park live there to.

Judy, Your hair cut sounds cute. This must be the week for us to take of are hair. I got a perm yesterday. I can't do anything with the cut I had so I figured the best thing is to get a perm and as it grows out it will hide what I don't want to see. I had the cut with it layered quite short in the back and longer on the sides. That hair cut is not for me or wavy hair. I was there for 4 hours (I went to the beauty college) I had 4 people working on my hair and 2 of them at a time with two of them being instructors. With all the short layers the students had a hard time rolling it. The instructors said it's good practice for them (the students). My hair takes a perm really well so I wasn't worried about that.

The dogs are so cute! We will never forget 9-11.

Mary, Have a great trip to the coast and a safe one. Frequent the bar if you want to. Be sure and check out the library for crochet books. I was surprised how many crochet books Maya's library has. Are you going fishing well on vacation? Zoe is cute! She probably thinks she is the engineer.

Marisa, You have a great website! Lots of info and I like the prefilling out the paper work. If we go to a new doctor I always ask them to send it to me. I signed up for your newsletter. It looks like it will be full lots of info.

Business is all falling in order. It won't be long now.

Joanne, Your so kind giving Ryan's other Grandma her time with him. :clap for giving yourself some pampering. Have a great time with DD.

Happy belated Birthday to DD. She has so many new first this year. How nice of her to do Thanksgiving.

Dusti, I checked out the Half Medallion Bag. It's cute! It will be pretty in purple. Stuffed squash? Are you putting stuffing in squash and baking it? Are you freezing onions raw or cooked. I've wondered about freezing them but have never looked it up to see what is recommended. I just bought 2 3lb bags of yellow onions for 88 cents each.

Linda, I bet you, Rosie and Kim had a fun time going through everything from the Quilt Show. The ponds at are park are almost dried up and they were almost to the top when we left. They need the rain but I hope it's not a rainy winter while were there.

I had a fun time at DD's. I picked up the new Crochet World magazine and the knook.

Maya's school is collecting pop/beer can/bottles for the Holiday Wishes Program. When I went to pick Maya up they (the daycare workers family and a couple of other kids) were collecting in there neighborhood. Maya wanted to coninue to help so we did. I told her what she was doing was really special because she was going to help some little kids have a nice Christmas that they probably wouldn't have without the help of all the kids at her school. They had a trailer probably 4ft x 8ft and it was almost completely full. Heather (the daycare worker) put fliers out in her neighborhood so the neighbors were expecting it. They have done this for years. Her husband is the president of the pto at Maya's school.

The pumpkins were well received and Maya wants me to make the Santa's. I'm going to use yarn to make hangers on them so the kids can put them on there Christmas tree if they want to. I told Maya she could help with the yarn string.

Maya cried the morning I left. She didn't want me to go. She asked me if I would stay and take her to school. I had to tell her I couldn't as I was going to get a perm so I had to leave early. School and daycare are interferring with are time together. It's is so exciting to see her learning so much. I always tell her how excited Iam to hear what she is learning and how smart she is getting.

I went for my physical tuesday. My blood pressure was up so he took after he gave me my physical and it was really up. I thought what do you expect after what he just did to me. So he asked me to monitor it and come back in a month. So I bought a kit and it hasn't been as been running okay. I drive an hour and 15 minutes to get there and everytime it is high. If I have gone from DD's when she lived there or my sisters my bp was always normal so we see. He said with age it creeps up on you. If not now probably in my near future I will have to suck it up and take a pill for it. It doesn't excite me at all, but I will do what I have to do.

My blood work was good, except me didn't order my LDL, HDL or my trigs. He looked up my past test and said there good so I don't have to get poked again. But if I have another monthly visit I have to go to a GYN and have a biopsy done.

Tonight we decided not to go to Zac's football game or are hometowns game which was playing Cindy's towns school. Cindy's team won. Congrats to them! They have a great team. We played them a few years ago and lost.

Well I've rattled long enough and I'm about to go to bed and watch some tv. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Hi, Marlene...

Your old haircut sounds like what I had before I had more chopped off! I got tired of seeing myself in everyone I passed, too.

I did it myself yesterday and...well, the waves took over. We'll see how the rest of the month goes.:lol

Maya loves you so much - that's precious!

A busy day today,I think

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good Morning! Laundry's going, DH is mowing, and we are really excited about our trip tomorrow. :) We're going to Port Aransas - on the Gulf and really close to where Marlene and her DH spend the winter. Maybe sometime we can be there at the same time. :yes

Judy ~ Oh - the pictures are too cute. :lol Thanks for the smiles this morning. :)

I will check in later!

Good Morning! Laundry's going, DH is mowing, and we are really excited about our trip tomorrow. :) We're going to Port Aransas - on the Gulf and really close to where Marlene and her DH spend the winter. Maybe sometime we can be there at the same time. :yes

Enjoy!!!

Judy ~ Oh - the pictures are too cute. :lol Thanks for the smiles this morning. :)

With Miss Lucy around there's always some comic relief:lol

Well, I ordered a 4.5 foot prelit Christmas tree from Sears, so I'm set:D

I'm thinking of crocheting a nice soft scarf for DS for Christmas...probably in a sage-type green...his fav color these days. I have a couple of patterns on my list so far...

***if any of you have a relatively easy "manly" scarf pattern you want to share I'd love it***

Off I go for the night. We have a Delicious Orchards trip on the schedule for tomorrow morning.:D:D

Hi all,

I had a great time watching DD in action! She did an amazing job and the children were all so engaged and loving making their own books- She had them each make an an accordian flag book--she really put a lot of time and effort into having everything prepared ahead of time and was so good with the children. You can read about accordian flag books here:http://www.squidoo.com/flag-book She had many compliments from some teachers who were there and i suspect that some of them may be doing this project with their students

May be heading to Delicious Orchards myself in the morning, so I may just run into you Judy!!!:lol

I ran into Phyllis at the post office this morning- I was mailing my scarf swap partner's package (Toni-aka Dobermama) and she was mailing of some squares.

I did end up going to ACM (I know, I need to be stopped:lol) I bought some Amazing yarn since it was on sale plus 10% off plus $10.00 off $25.00....I made a scarf and fingerless mitts for myself with the Amazing yarn and I really like it. So I'm going to make sets for each of my DD's and that price was too good to pass up!!!

I had bookmarked this scarf for a man and may just make this for my DD's BF for Christmas

https://wolfcrochet.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/mens-bike-chain-hat-and-scarf/

Marlene- I love reading all that has been happening!!! good luck making the Santa's

Mary Have an awesome time- safe trip!:hug

Hello everyone. Quiet day at work today for a change.

Dh and I had to go buy a new coffee pot tonight, ours started leaking badly today.

Joanne, those flag books look neat. I will send the link to dd, looks like something she could use for homeschooling. Lots of possibilities.

Mary have a good vacation.

Hi House. :) We hope to leave by 8 if I can get my act together. :lol Everyone take care and have a wonderful week. :manyheart I'll check in when I can.

You may not see this before you leave--but have a safe trip and a great time!!!!

Good morning and Happy Sunday-

Woke up at 6:30 which was actually 5:30! I've got my 2nd load of laundry on and looking forward to a relaxing day.

DD and BF may be coming over today--she's been working really hard and yesterday she said she needs a little break. The way we left it yesterday was that she'd call once they woke up--and since she didn't get to sleep till 2AM the night before the Reading Literacy program and was up at 6--I don't anticipate a call till late this morning!

Planning on a trek to Delicious Orchards, then home for football and crochet. Going to make baked ziti today just in case DD comes over. (She's a vegetarian, and DH likes baked ziti so it's a win-win)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Dh and I had to go buy a new coffee pot tonight, ours started leaking badly today.

Good thing you got the new one before morning!:eek

Hi House. :) We hope to leave by 8 if I can get my act together. :lol Everyone take care and have a wonderful week. :manyheart I'll check in when I can.

I'll bet you hardly got any sleep last night! I get so excited that's how i react:lol

Have a great time:hug

Woke up at 6:30 which was actually 5:30! I've got my 2nd load of laundry on and looking forward to a relaxing day.

That's me...a relaxing day of football! If that can be the case with the Giants and Patriots playing each other:lol

Planning on a trek to Delicious Orchards, then home for football and crochet. Going to make baked ziti today just in case DD comes over. (She's a vegetarian, and DH likes baked ziti so it's a win-win)

We might meet up! And we're having lasagna...but I slice cooked Italian sausage into it.:D

Great minds think alike!

Later, gators!

Hello Everyone!

Hi my name is brenda, I just joined and was not sure where I should post an Introduction at! I just started crocheting and I find it really fun! I'm starting to think I picked too big a project for my first project but I am hoping to get it done eventually! lol Even if its takes me a year to get it perfected. I wanted to make my son one of those spiderman afgans, he seen me looking around online for spiderman stuff and seen that, and he asked if id get it for him.. and so I decided I would try to make one for him. I started out with an online instructions from you tube, but im finding I need to learn more of the lingo.. because I dont totally follow what the instructions are telling me to do.

Hi Brendalee--welcome to Our House!

Judy- We didn't get to Delicious Orchards!:( We went to the regular grocery store first, and after spending close to $200--DH was not in the mood to go!

My youngest and middle DD are coming for dinner...Good thing we are having marinara sauce in the ziti--can't have any meat with my middle one!! Very happy they are coming. My SIL has to work today and middle DD said her BF is out running with a friend, so not sure if he'll be home in time when she'll be coming. It'll be an early dinner (more like linner as DD said) and then Giants game!

Oh, and of course Ryan will here!!:manyheart

Hello Everyone!

Hi my name is brenda, I just joined and was not sure where I should post an Introduction at! I just started crocheting and I find it really fun! I'm starting to think I picked too big a project for my first project but I am hoping to get it done eventually! lol Even if its takes me a year to get it perfected. I wanted to make my son one of those spiderman afgans, he seen me looking around online for spiderman stuff and seen that, and he asked if id get it for him.. and so I decided I would try to make one for him. I started out with an online instructions from you tube, but im finding I need to learn more of the lingo.. because I dont totally follow what the instructions are telling me to do.

Welcome, Brenda!

You're more than welcome to hang around here...if you go to the first post here you'll see what we're all about.

There IS a place on the main page for you to post your intro and also ask any questions you may have....you'll find lots of helpful people here. As far as the lingo is concerned, I'm not quite sure where to direct you...

Joanne, we didn't get too much at the Orchards...enjoy your day!

Yay!!! The Giants won!!!! We had a great time with DD and BF and DD and Ryan! Ryan must be the Giants lucky charm!!!!

Hope everyone had a good day. Going to relax for a bit with some crocheting before calling it a night.

Hello Everyone!

Hi Brenda, welcome.

Mary, hope you had a good trip to the coast.

We had a quiet day here today. Ds was home and we spent the day reading, watching tv and talking. Its been a long time since we did that.

And some good news, my dad has been off the ventilator for 36 hours and is doing very well. The nurses and doctors are surprised, because they were sure he would never be able to be off the machine. To be honest, I didn't think he'd ever get off either. I believe that we are getting a miracle!

Of course he still has a long ways to go, but this is already way better than they ever expected him to do.

Hi Ladies,

Brenda, Welcome! Were glad to have you here with us. As far as the lingo for crocheting I think you could find it at www.anniesattic.com. If not just ask us and we can tell you what is means.

Judy, Maya is pretty precious to us to. I wish she could live next door or even closer so we could do things together all the time. But I'll settle for the summers not that school is here.

Joanne, Sounds like a lovely family day with your family. The flag book looks quite interesting to make. Maya and I may try that some time. She would love to make her own book.

Mary, Have a great vacation. Are you going fishing?

Cindy, If you have to keep replacing your small appliances (crock pot, coffee pot) you won't have anything to ask for, for Christmas. This could work in your favor for something really big though. We have a Hamilton Beach coffee maker that you just put your cup up to it and get coffee. No carafe but it doesn't make the coffee as hot as we like it so I think I'm going to be getting the glass pot maker hot.

Yesterday we went to my great nephew's first birthday. It was a lot of fun even with my headache. We had family from my side and my nieces in laws family and friends. He (Jr. he's named after his Dad) is such a happy little guy.

Then we went to a fall party that didn't happen. They didn't let us or bil & sil know they decided not to have it. But we had a bonfire and enjoyed the evening.

Today we put up some Christmas lights on the front of the house. I told hubby this is probably the last of the warm days so we should do it. We put a cover over the rv we brought home from Texas. I did a load of laundry have to put it away in a bit.

Tomorrow we are going to my sisters (hubby doesn't have to work) were going to help her put some plastic up over the windows.

Then tomorrow night we are going to dinner with hubby's family, his sister is moving next saturday to Florida. That should be a nice time.

I think we may stay all night at my sisters tomorrow night to.

I hope everyone has a good start at a great week. I'm off to watch Desparate Housewives and crochet on the scarf.

Cindy, That is wonderful news about your Dad! Your right it is a miracle. Continuing to keep him and your family in my prayers. Sounds like a great day at your house today. Hugs!

Marlene- Sounds like you have a nice Monday in store! Have a good time at dinner!

Can't believe it's Monday already! The weekend just really flew by!!! Ah, well, such is life.

hope you all have a good day!

Archived