Our House Part Two

JulieKay

two pics - hubby caught me and Lucy having a quiet moment (my hair....got caught in the rail...LOL)...and Tam, here's the lap-size hummingbird ghan I made for your fundraiser. And if it doesn't sell...it's yours...

post-8552-135897686296_thumb.jpg

post-8552-1358976863_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, I love the picture of you with Lucy; and that hummingbird afghan is amazing!

Mom is amazing for 87! She goes up to Perth Amboy to help at the church food pantry twice a week, as well as keeping busy at home. Keith (stepson for those who don't know me) and his gf Cassie have a baby girl now, Elizabeth, who is 3 mo. old and they are still sponging off, er living with my mom, as is another friend of theirs. Mom has to run them around a lot, as well as taking my other stepson, Mark to pick up his daughter Ryleigh at daycare a couple times a week. In between, she's finally started sorting out my late father's office and paperweight collection.

I started fooling around with a pattern last night for a ABC afghan with the letters done in popcorns on the squares. Decided to spell out Maggie on a babyghan for the future granddaughter, whole blanket is too big for a baby. Could do her initials, but they are GMC and she's not a truck!

Then of course, I might have to do the whole ABC thing for her oldest brother Logan. He's learning his ABC's and it might help him. We don't even know if they have a teacher for him this year with all the budget cuts, he's about to turn 6 and has Down Syndrome. And I have to take middle brother Julian his afghan, but it's too darn hot for him to need it now.

Hi gang

Quick check in .Have a lot of irons in the fire today,so not much time to yak .

Jude

The hummingbird afghan is SO beautiful . I'm gonna guess that TAM will cry when she sees that picture. WOW, it is so nice !!

Hi Kathy

Good to have you back . Sounds like you will be blessed with some new little ones to crochet for ! Exciting !

LeAnna

Your new kitties are beautiful .

Gotta run, gang -- will check in later -

Just back from the doctor's office. Kim's checkup went great. No problems at all. (Except that I forgot she was supposed to be fasting for 4 hours before it for lab work. Oh, well, there's always next time.)

I've got the second 5 block strip done on the quilt. Now to iron the first two strips and sew them together.

two pics - hubby caught me and Lucy having a quiet moment (my hair....got caught in the rail...LOL)...and Tam, here's the lap-size hummingbird ghan I made for your fundraiser. And if it doesn't sell...it's yours...

That's an adorable picture of you and Lucy. And the hummingbird afghan is WONDERFUL!!!! :yay

Mom is amazing for 87! She goes up to Perth Amboy to help at the church food pantry twice a week, as well as keeping busy at home. Keith (stepson for those who don't know me) and his gf Cassie have a baby girl now, Elizabeth, who is 3 mo. old and they are still sponging off, er living with my mom, as is another friend of theirs. Mom has to run them around a lot, as well as taking my other stepson, Mark to pick up his daughter Ryleigh at daycare a couple times a week. In between, she's finally started sorting out my late father's office and paperweight collection.

I started fooling around with a pattern last night for a ABC afghan with the letters done in popcorns on the squares. Decided to spell out Maggie on a babyghan for the future granddaughter, whole blanket is too big for a baby. Could do her initials, but they are GMC and she's not a truck!

Then of course, I might have to do the whole ABC thing for her oldest brother Logan. He's learning his ABC's and it might help him. We don't even know if they have a teacher for him this year with all the budget cuts, he's about to turn 6 and has Down Syndrome. And I have to take middle brother Julian his afghan, but it's too darn hot for him to need it now.

Sounds like you and your mom are both very busy ladies, Kathy.

Judy, Lucy looks like she is smiling for the camera! and your hummingbird ghan is gorgeous!

she does, doesn't she?:)

...and thanks:D

Judy, I love the picture of you with Lucy; and that hummingbird afghan is amazing!

thanks, hon:D

your mom is too nice:yes

good luck with the popcorn stitches!

That's an adorable picture of you and Lucy. And the hummingbird afghan is WONDERFUL!!!! :yay

thanks, hon!

It was hard figuring out how to get the picture of the filet ghan to show up. Overhead lights were the answer:D

post-18634-135897686328_thumb.gif Thank you so much for doing this!!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897686325_thumb.gif

Hi Julie!

Judy ~ :clap Your graph ghan is stunning! Beautiful work as always. :yes The picture of you and Lucy is great! She's catching up with her ears. ;)

Linda ~ Good news about Kim's appointment!

Kathy ~ I love the ABC pattern - let us know what you decide to do. And I agree that GMC would be hard to put on a little one's afghan. :lol

DD brought Luke over for a couple of hours - lots of teeth coming in and he's not a happy camper. Gracie perked him up, though. She dropped her ball right in front of him and he knows to throw it for her. Well, sort of throws it, anyway. :lol

Time to feed the birds, cat, dog...and pick up toys.

Judy- that hummingbird ghan is awesome!!! I love the pic of you and Lucy!! (and is that a Pittsburgh shirt you have on?- Marisa will love it!!!):hug

Hi all,

Hump Day is in the books!!!:lol

Linda- Glad to hear that all went well with Kim's appointment---and we won't mention that you forgot she had to fast;) Sounds like the quilt for Tam is really coming along!!!

Mary- How cute that Luke has fun playing with Gracie. So far Belle has been really good with Ryan. It'll be interesting to see how they get along when Ryan is a little older!!!

Marisa- Hope you have a great dinner out!!! That's the best kind- when you don't have to cook!!! I'm sure you are going to be sorely missed at the office in Philly!!!

Kathy- Wow- Your mom is so busy- and must have the patience of a saint to have so many sponging off her. Congrats on another grandbaby!! I chuckled about the initials GMC!

Not much new to report here other than all this talk about laundry (Tam/Cindy) I'd better put a load on myself while it's still fairly early:yes

Hello House Friends!!

Art class is half-over, and Kyri tells me that she wishes it met every day from now until the real school year starts, because she is enjoying it so much. Annika has come home looking like a canvas these past two afternoons -- not exactly sure how yellow paint ended up on the upper portion of the back of her leg...:think, and the red paint on her ear was pretty... -- but she's washable :lol. My Gramma accompanied me on errands both afternoons, and then, we got to sit and have coffee together, which was very special. I do not get enough time to just sit and visit with her, quietly, without the girls around, so I loved the opportunity.

I just have time for some quick comments, and then I have to run to get dinner ready to serve when my parents return home from working all day.

Hi Cheeria ~ Good to hear from you. I crocheted the Raglan Top for myself this spring, before it became Lion Brand's CAL. How is yours coming? What color did you choose? I made mine in a soft grey, and I just love it. The only thing I would change, would be the number of stitches in the neckline. One of my shoulders has a tendency to droop off, since the neck opening is too wide. I think I am going to take a hook and yarn to it this weekend and take a few tucks right where the front and the shoulder meet, so that it stays up without me tugging on the sleeve -- nothing more annoying than a person tugging at a piece of clothing that does not fit quite right :no, and I do not want to be that person ;). Easy fix, but just my two-cents worth of a comment. I'd love to see yours, when you get it finished. Hope you like it as well as I like mine.

Mary ~ Even the weather forecaster on my station made a comment about the number of days that your temps have been above 100* Do your very best to stay hydrated and cool in that heat :whew. I am really glad to hear that you do not have toundergo surgery, though I cannot imagine that the painful twinges are a walk-in-the-park to endure. :hugI'm happy you are going to be alright :hug

Judy ~ Your hummingbird afghan is spectacular. Wow!! Beautiful :manyheart

(If I were Tam, I think I would conveniently *forget* to offer it for sale, so that I could keep it. Just a thought... :wink ) I have enjoyed the recent pictures of Lucy playing and resting so nicely with her big brother. You could never give us too many pictures, so, please, do not stop sharing the fun moments you capture with the camera.

Tam ~ My fingers are crossed for Patrick this afternoon. How did his interview go? Will he have time to work a bit, once school is in full-swing? Does he take the Fall Season off from team sports? I cannot remember you mentioning football with the boys, but my brain may not be working at its peak, since my coffee cup was emptied about 30 min. ago, and I have not bothered to get up and get myself a refill. Anyway, I hope this works out for him, because the spending money and new responsibilities will be good for him to learn to balance.

LeAnn ~ Congratulations in your winning projects. Such a nice picture of you and Hub-E :manyheart. You have been more-than-busy, lately, but I love the enthusiasm in your voice as you shared the news about your custom work and teaching opportunities. :h5

Toni ~ Thank you for the pictures of Baby Seth and Family. Adorable! How is he doing, today?

Julie ~ Here's hoping the fog in your head has lifted, and you are feeling well :hug

Marisa,glad you are getting everything wrapped up and ready for the next step,and also that you get to go to the beach for a trip .

Trish ~Hi, right back at you. School is right on the horizon for you, isn't it? We still have a few weeks on this end, but, like you, I ought to start thinking about school shopping and labeling one bazillion school supplies. Hope your grandson enjoyed his 1st birthday, and that you all had cake to celebrate :cake.

Marisa ~ It sounds as though you are getting a lot of constructive feedback on your business plan, and that details are falling into place for you. You have only mere days to wait until your official vacation begins -- hang in there :hug

Joanne ~ How are you doing, M'friend? Did you get caught in the rain, yesterday, too? Work's been keeping you busy, no? Only two more days until the weekend :manyheart

Cindy ~ Were you only able to stay with your mother over the weekend? I hope your week is going smoothly!

Phyllis ~ :hugto you.

Linda ~Glad to hear that Kim's appointment went well. Way to go on the Irish Chain :clap It sounds as though it is coiming right along. The fabric you chose was so pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt, as time allows you to work on it, of course.

Kathy ~ Nice to meet you. Like Marisa mentioned, yesterday, I do not think we have met, yet, either. You do sound like one busy lady. It is warm to be working with yarn, but I can never be convinced to put it down for too long, hot temps or not. So, here are some happy hooking wishes that your bobble work goes quickly :hook, and the afghan turns out as you are picturing it in your mind.

Sorry if I missed some comments. I will have to catch you, tomorrow! Have a good night, All :night

Good evening ladies.

Leanne~The kitty pictures are adorable. :manyheart We just rescued a little kitty & he is a handful. :yes

Judy~Your hummingbird ghan is beautiful. :clap The picture of you & Lucy is precious. :manyheart

Hi Julie!!! Hope you are doing well. :hug

Kathy~Congrats on the new upcoming grandbabies. :manyheart

Dusti- I thoroughly enjoy your posts!!!

Sounds like the girls are having a wonderful time and I'm so happy to read that you had a nice lunch with your grandma. Those are very special times. I miss my Grandma- she was one cool lady and we were more in sync with each other than me and my own mom if that makes sense. I even lived with her for a while after my first year of college when I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up- I moved in with her- and my cousin also lived with us as she was going for her Master's degree. Ahh the memories- we had such fun times!!!

Enjoy the rest of your evening- and hope the girls continue to enjoy the art classes!!! I have a special place in my heart for anything to do with art since my middle DD is going for her master's in art education. She has been volunteering with underprivileged kids . I'll be so happy if when she graduates she lands a job. She is passionate about art and the importance of art in education!

Good evening ladies.

Leanne~The kitty pictures are adorable. :manyheart We just rescued a little kitty & he is a handful. :yes

Judy~Your hummingbird ghan is beautiful. :clap The picture of you & Lucy is precious. :manyheart

Hi Julie!!! Hope you are doing well. :hug

Kathy~Congrats on the new upcoming grandbabies. :manyheart

Just what you need Tab- another baby on top of the baby you are carrying!!:hug:hug:hug Have fun with him/her--are you keeping it?

[ATTACH]43628[/ATTACH] OMGoodness....... Judy......... that afghan is just beautiful. [ATTACH]43629[/ATTACH] Thank you so much for doing this!!!! :hug

Glad you like it:)...I always wanted to make it, but didn't have anyone to make it for! Hummingbirds used to be your avatar here, if I remember correctly;)

Judy ~ :clap Your graph ghan is stunning!Thank you!

Beautiful work as always. :yes The picture of you and Lucy is great! She's catching up with her ears. ;)She's getting there:lol

DD brought Luke over for a couple of hours - lots of teeth coming in and he's not a happy camper. Gracie perked him up, though. She dropped her ball right in front of him and he knows to throw it for her. Well, sort of throws it, anyway. :lol

I can picture Luke with Gracie! There's nothing cuter than a toddler with an energetic dog;)

Judy- that hummingbird ghan is awesome!!! I love the pic of you and Lucy!! (and is that a Pittsburgh shirt you have on?- Marisa will love it!!!):hug
Thanks! You're very observant...yes it's a Pittsburgh shirt....one of many T-shirts I collected over the many years hubby flew around the country for work.

Hello House Friends!!

Art class is half-over, and Kyri tells me that she wishes it met every day from now until the real school year starts, because she is enjoying it so much. Annika has come home looking like a canvas these past two afternoons -- not exactly sure how yellow paint ended up on the upper portion of the back of her leg...:think, and the red paint on her ear was pretty... -- but she's washable :lol. My Gramma accompanied me on errands both afternoons, and then, we got to sit and have coffee together, which was very special. I do not get enough time to just sit and visit with her, quietly, without the girls around, so I loved the opportunity.

Between the girls and your grandmother your very blessed:c9

Judy ~ Your hummingbird afghan is spectacular. Wow!! Beautiful :manyheart

(If I were Tam, I think I would conveniently *forget* to offer it for sale, so that I could keep it. Just a thought... :wink ) I have enjoyed the recent pictures of Lucy playing and resting so nicely with her big brother. You could never give us too many pictures, so, please, do not stop sharing the fun moments you capture with the camera.

Glad you like the ghan! And digital camers make my obsession with taking the pics of the dogs way too easy....so you'll all be blessed with my efforts.

Wait till I get a pic of Lucy with the cone on her head after her spay operation the end of the month! Poor baby....:(

Off I go for tonight.

Have a good one everybody:hug:manyheart

Morning all! Sorry I've been MIA, again. Have this new computer finally setup and THINK I have everything transferred over, finally. And, I'm getting used to windows 7.

Baby Seth is doing good. Thank you for all your great compliments on my only grandchild and his family. Since I raised my grandson most of his life, he's like a son to me and I'm just so proud.

Not going to try to catch up each and every message, but love the photos of the :dog and :cat and Judy that afghan is AWESOME!!!

Need to catch up on a couple of other threads so :hug :hug :hug and prayers for everyone!

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm actually feeling kind of awake today :D Dinner out was nice and enjoyable :yes Work went quickly and well. Only 2 days left until I'm 'jobless' :lol Friday night after work one of the ladies is having a get together at her house for me. She works directly with my boss and her daughter was my initial receptionist when I started 6 years ago and we've been close. I'd hang out over her house on the weekends when nothing was going on.....her house was always the 'gathering' place :lol On that note, they've become family to me (all of them plus all their friends that were always there too).

Then Mary and I have to drive up to my parents after that because we have an event in my hometown Sat morning. It's the trot-n-brew :eek Leave it to my little hicktown..... It starts at a bar in my neighborhood and it's a race to 5 different bars along a path in the correct order. At each bar you drop a quarter and drink the shotglass of beer or soda (whichever suits you) and then to the next. And it costs a couple dollars to join, but it's actually a fundraiser to raise money for children with disabilities. I remember seeing them do this as a child, so it's been going on forever.

Then, on Sunday morning, drive back here and then my mom and I will head to the beach for the whole week :yay I'm waiting to hear from my sister if the condo has wifi :xfin Not sure what I'll do if they don't. I'll have to make sure everything is in order for me for the week I guess. But most of what I'm doing to be ready is computer related :yes

So tonight after work, I have to stop at the mac, go pick up my contacts that are in, pick up an Rx at CVS, and pack for the weekend and the whole week too :yes:sigh

Linda - WTG on the quilt, I'm very anxious to see the finished product. Glad to hear Kim's Dr appt went well :yes

Mary - Poor Luke, soon he'll be a happy little camper once those teeth come in :yes

Judy - your hummingbird ghan is breathtakingly beautiful :manyheart And I like your rain caught do :wink (Nice shirt :D )

Tam - How did Patrick's interview go?'

Kathy - Wow, your mom sounds like she's doing great!!! Do the stepkids KNOW she's 87? They should be doing everything for her, not the other way around :(

Joanne - Dinner was great, and I wish it was something we had done more often :( I split meals with the med dr and we had the eggplant sandwich and fish tacos :lol Then we all shared a couple pieces of cheesecake :drool But, they were out of my favorite :( I guess it forced me to try something new, but I'm feeling a little empty like something's just not right :eek:rofl

Dusti - The girls sound just adorable with the art workshops and special time with grandma must be treasured :yes Both of mine had passed, but I have very fond memories with both :manyheart Now hopefully everything continues to fall in place, namely.....the bank gives me a loan (I don't really have anything to offer up as collateral :( )

Toni - :yay for finally getting the computer set up

:hi Julie and Tab

Have a wonderful day everyone :hug

'morning, peeps!

Thanks for the compliments, Marisa and Toni! And about my rain soaked "do" : it would be my everyday choice if I coould pull it off:lol Marisa I sure hope you have wi-fi on vacay!:eek

Morning. Last day of work for the week. I took tomorrow off to do the shopping and preps for saturday. I'm a nervous wreck. :sweat

I hope everything goes smothly.

I'm sure it will...people who loved him will be there....and that's all that matters:hug:hug:hug:hug

Tam I'll let you know when I put the ghan in the mail...

Later gators:hug

Just what you need Tab- another baby on top of the baby you are carrying!!:hug:hug:hug Have fun with him/her--are you keeping it?

:lol Yeah, I told Hubby it's getting me prepared for a baby cause he wakes me up EVERY time he wants to eat. When we first got him that was every 2 hours, but thankfully now it's just in the morning around 5 or 6 a.m. :lol And yes, we are keeping him because he was the only kitten in the litter that my mom couldn't find a home for. :( She had a momma & a full litter (6) to find homes for because her neighbors just put the kitty outside & left it. :( He's nuts, but we love him. :yes

Good morning, everyone. Got the lab report back from the doctor appointment last week. On it they said I'm supposed to avoid carbohydrates now. What am I supposed to eat?!?!?!? :think Protein is already limited to 34-60 grams per day and low-to-no fats. I was limited to 3 servings of concentrated carbohydrates a day already, but now NONE! :shrug One thing about it is that it should ensure that I lose a lot of weight on it. :huh That's assuming I can stick to it.

I remember those days with my daughter.

Time to feed the birds, cat, dog...and pick up toys.

Have you tried the teething rings that you can freeze? Those seemed to help as much as anything with my two.

Hello House Friends!!

It sounds like the girls are having a ball with the art classes. And it's so special that you get to spend time with your grandma while they do it.

Tabby, that's neat having your sonogram as your avatar.

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm actually feeling kind of awake today :D Dinner out was nice and enjoyable :yes Work went quickly and well. Only 2 days left until I'm 'jobless' :lol Friday night after work one of the ladies is having a get together at her house for me. She works directly with my boss and her daughter was my initial receptionist when I started 6 years ago and we've been close. I'd hang out over her house on the weekends when nothing was going on.....her house was always the 'gathering' place :lol On that note, they've become family to me (all of them plus all their friends that were always there too).

What a nice idea from some special people!

Then Mary and I have to drive up to my parents after that because we have an event in my hometown Sat morning. It's the trot-n-brew :eek Leave it to my little hicktown..... It starts at a bar in my neighborhood and it's a race to 5 different bars along a path in the correct order. At each bar you drop a quarter and drink the shotglass of beer or soda (whichever suits you) and then to the next. And it costs a couple dollars to join, but it's actually a fundraiser to raise money for children with disabilities. I remember seeing them do this as a child, so it's been going on forever.

Ohhhh, that sounds like fun.

Then, on Sunday morning, drive back here and then my mom and I will head to the beach for the whole week :yay I'm waiting to hear from my sister if the condo has wifi :xfin Not sure what I'll do if they don't. I'll have to make sure everything is in order for me for the week I guess. But most of what I'm doing to be ready is computer related :yes

Hope you have a truly wonderful and relaxing time at the beach.

Hugs to everyone. :hug :hug :hug I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

:yayHE GOT THE JOB!!!!

I'm so proud of him. Patrick is a good boy! He's gonna do great!

His dad is so proud of him. Last night on the way home.. he stopped and picked him up a cake to celebrate!

There is a funny story here... but I'll be back in a bit to share and catch up... I need to do a couple things here...I just wanted to tell you all the good news.. and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your love... prayers and encouragement for Patrick! :hug

post-18634-135897686388_thumb.jpg

Linda....NO carbs??:faint

:yayHE GOT THE JOB!!!!

I'm so proud of him. Patrick is a good boy! He's gonna do great!

His dad is so proud of him. Last night on the way home.. he stopped and picked him up a cake to celebrate!

There is a funny story here... but I'll be back in a bit to share and catch up... I need to do a couple things here...I just wanted to tell you all the good news.. and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your love... prayers and encouragement for Patrick! :hug

[ATTACH]43644[/ATTACH]

That's such great news!!!:yay

Archived