Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Tam- Glad to hear that your back is feeling better---and with all the running around this week- I agree- take it easy today--and hook!!!:hook

Julie- My singing probably sounds pretty similar to yours!!:lol

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guess what??? I didn't fall off the face of the planet. :cheer :cheer

I'm back and actually starting to crochet again. Couldn't for almost three months because it was just too flipping hot. I don't do well in the heat.

But now that Harry's decided to start watching movies in our room sometimes, I'm getting back into it. A little here a little there. Just toughing it out.

I don't have a lot of updates for now but I'll try to stay in touch. I think I'll be heading into the bedroom soon to watch a movie and crochet. It's over 90 here right now. But at least that's not 113.

Joanne

I think maybe Ryan may have to be a diplomat and root for every team that the family likes, so as not to choose sides against each other .

Hi Shannon

Good to see you ,and yep,this hot weather is bad isnt it ? Sure hope it lets up soon !

Good Saturday afternoon, Ladies :hi

DH's cousin called late last night to tell us that he is working (construction) in North Dakota this month, and to ask if he could drive over for a visit. I figured he was really in need of a home-cooked meal, so I worked quickly this morning and had a big dinner ready to serve when he arrived around noon. It was only 105 miles from his hotel to our house -- just a short jaunt for a visit :wink Despite my teasing, we had a nice chat over Mozzarella-stuffed Rice Balls, which were deep fried and served with a spicy-sweet marinara sauce, Tossed Salad, fresh Bread, and and Ice Cream Pie with homemade fudge sauce for dessert. Dear Cousin left a little bit ago, and I already have the kitchen cleaned up, so, now, it is time to PLAY :yay DH and I do not usually eat a big meal in the middle of the day, so I think I am off-the-hook as far as kitchen-work goes for the remainder of the day. If anything, we'll have another piece of pie with our coffee and the news later tonight, but at the moment, I am comfortably content.

Thank you for all of the nice comments on my multitude of pictures from yesterday. DH is definitely a keeper, and we did have a nice get-away for our anniversary.:yes If any of you are interested, the pattern for the toddler sundress I made came from a free tear-off sheet at JoAnn's. It came from Premier Yarns and is Pattern #: DNFL-1013 Pretty Sundress by Lisa Gentry. It worked up quickly and seems to be sized appropriately (ie. the 18-2 years size actually fit, as designed, the 19-month-old girl :lol).

Marlene ~ It sounds as though you and Maya have a good handle on the school supplies-front. When does she start school? Later this month? Will she go all day-every day this year? I do hope the doctors can get a handle on your condition, and that you are feeling better, soon.

Marisa ~ My goodness, have you ever been busy while I was away. Have you received any feedback on your business plan from your Dad, sister, Mary, college bud, etc.?? That has got to be difficult to write, but I really do think you are doing a wonderful job and have anticipated this new practice from so many different angles, that you are bound to 'wow' the bank, when you talk to them. I hope your chores for the weekend were able to be finished quickly, and that you have a good day, today!

Joanne ~ What project did you pick up to crochet on this afternoon? Your morning sounded busy, but productive, which are the best kind, in my opinion. Have your hot temps taken a break, or are you just growing accustomed to them? How is your DD feeling? Despite being sleep-deprived, is she doing alright? Is Ryan eating well for her? Wishing the new family well :manyheart

Julie ~ Yes, I have been here-and-there-and-back-again these past couple of weeks :lol Until Monday, I am here at home. Monday, the girls and I pack up the car and head down to my parents' house. The girls are registered for art classes through Community Ed, and they are pretty excited about painting, drawing, and creating sculptures with someone else's supplies :artist. Belated wishes on your 34th Anniversary :party. Can I ask which date? We were married on June 27th, 1998. Don't the years fly past?!

Phyllis ~ I recognize your name from hearing reports from the Meet-up Ladies, but I think it is wonderful you have decided to join us here in Our House! :welcome It does take some time to keep everyone straight, but you'll eventually get us figured out ;) I am a 35-yr-old stay-at-home mum to two girls, ages 6 and 9. We live waaaaay out in the country, so a chunk of my days are spent in the car, transporting the girls to school in the nearest town. I crochet, cook and :think hmmmm, after those two things, there really is not time for me to pick up another hobby right now. Those two will do for the time being. It's nice to meet you. I am sorry to read that you are missing your DD. I hope she is settling in to her new place smoothly. Oooooh, more closet space -- sounds lovely.

Tam ~ So, I am looking in my bin of completed projects without homes, and I think one or two of them would like to be sent to you for either your craft fair table or the fundraiser. Will you please PM me your address? Seriously, do you have any preferences for donations? Colors, particulars?? I'm real flexible and just happy to help :hook

Trish ~ Vent away :hug I have young 'uns, too, and I know the energy level goes sky-high during these summer days. I hope you were able to salvage most of your projects and yarn.

Cindy ~ I hope your weekend with your mom goes well. It's so nice your DD and one of your grandsons is able to make the trip with you. Is the hospital where your father is being cared for close to your parents' house? How did you think he was doing this week? Huge :hug:hugto you.

Wrennie ~ How nice of your friends/co-workers to make your work station look so festive. Good for you for having such a good handle on tools and typical "guy" gear :h5 Glad to hear that your vehicle passed the inspection, and that your friend was able to get it running again in short-order.

Shannon ~ Nice to see you pop in. It has to be hard to even think about yarn projects in those hot temps you are having. A movie and crocheting sounds like the perfect way to spend some time :yes

In fact, I think I am going to sign-off and catch some time with my own hook :hook Annika wants a sweater using the Red Heart Shimmer yarn in bright pink, bright purple and white. I have two pattern possibilities rolling around in my head, so I would like to try a couple of guage swatches to see which is going to work for 3 strands of yarn held together :eek -- wish me luck.

Talk you you later :manyheart

Hi, Shannon! The heat really does kill the urge to work with yarn:yes Good to "see" you again!

Joanne, I'm not liking the way today's game is going. For some reason CC doesn't do well against Boston. At least i'm getting lots of work done on Tam's item:D

Jules, good for you being able to spend time with Cam!

Oh....we took both dogs on a ride today. Lucy protested getting in the car, but we finally did it...and she lay down while sparkie stood over her and tried to look out the window. It was funny...esp whe we rounded a corner and Lucy slid across the waterproof seat cover.:lol:lol

Hey ladies :hi

I didn't do anything today :eek I'm going to start looking at this business plan now when I'm done here. I guess I shouldn't really say i didn't do 'anything' :think I went for my eye exam and left my glasses for new lenses and tried to find a 2nd pair to replace the other I have (I'm wearing now) because these are the ones that ended up in bed with me a few months ago and one of the frame arms just isn't stable, so no sense spending money for new lenses for them. Couldn't find a 2nd pair that I loved :( Maybe when I go back to pick them up they'll have gotten some new ones to check out :xfin

Then I went to sam's and walmart, but only bought 1 cheap item :lol I was looking for something for my sister that she couldn't find....I couldn't either :lol When I came home I took care of my ghastly herbs/plants that were in desperate need of pruning :eek Watched some tv and caught up on 'so you think you can dance' and did crochet a bit during that as well as had lunch. I did my finances and got my passport renewal ready to mail (oh yeah, I had to stop to get a new pic for that too) :think So all in all, I guess I did something today :lol:yes

I'm just tired of always being super busy :sigh The Phils game just ended and they won :think I can't see my tv from here, but now the yankee/red sox game is on :D I know Judy and Joanne must be watching :yes

Toni - CONGRATS!!!! on becoming a great grammy :manyheart

Trish - I'd be mad too :yes Rant away honey, we're here to listen and help you feel better :hug

Dusti - gorgeous projects and happy belated anniversary. I wish I was only 105 miles from you, I'd come visit too :hug

Cindy - That's a pretty afghan :yes

Tam - I had a quesadilla (sp?) at Applebee's and it was yummy!!! I didn't was anything huge. And had one of the strawberry cheesecake shooters for dessert :drool I'm so glad they make those now, it's just enough :yes

Hi everyone. Checking in from my parents house, (and on my dads laptop, which has a weird keyboard) so please excuse any errors.

My mom is much better. Still somewhat confused, but much more talkative, and a lot stronger. She mostly walks without her walker. She went shopping with my sister in law for new clothes this week.

My dad was up in a chair and breathing on his own when we visited this afternoon. The hospital is only a few blocks from my parents house, so it's easy to visit several times while I am here. He is very weak, and he is pretty upset with his situation, but he is a lot better than he was a week and a half ago.

Hi everyone. Checking in from my parents house, (and on my dads laptop, which has a weird keyboard) so please excuse any errors.

My mom is much better. Still somewhat confused, but much more talkative, and a lot stronger. She mostly walks without her walker. She went shopping with my sister in law for new clothes this week.

My dad was up in a chair and breathing on his own when we visited this afternoon. The hospital is only a few blocks from my parents house, so it's easy to visit several times while I am here. He is very weak, and he is pretty upset with his situation, but he is a lot better than he was a week and a half ago.

Glad to hear that your dad is doing a bit better :hug:yes And that your mom is being more talkative, is she still being forgetful?

Hi all,

Dusti- your home made meals always sound so delicious!!! It's apparent that you love to cook!!! I love rice-balls- but we buy ours from a nearby deli-they make them sooo good just like DH remembers from growing up that his grandma used to make. Might have something to do with the fact that the owners of the deli are from Brooklyn --and so is DH! We just had some last weekend when I brought a tray of them over to DD's!!

Marisa- For "doing nothing" you sure did alot today!!!! Congrats on your Phillies win---(and sorry Trish since I know you root for the Giants)

The Yankees lost- something about CC who is an awesome pitcher and the Bo-Sox!!! Now they are back to being tied for first. Tomorrow's game is at night---so I may not see the whole thing--they play LONG games for some reason- and I do have to get up early for work on Monday!!

Judy- the ride with both dogs must have been an adventure!!!

Hi Dusti

Our wedding was June 3rd, 1977 .

**I agree about your meals -- it's a L O N G drive from here to there,but I'd be tempted myself for some of your meals !

Cindy

Very glad to hear a better report on both parents tonite .

Well, I am off to hit the sack . Cam has played all afternoon,ate supper,had ice cream and cookies for a snack ,and is now watching a movie . Past my bedtime ,so will be heading in to get some rest. Cam usually falls asleep with his movie on,so if one of us is up during the night,we turn it off .

Will check in sometime tomorrow .

Good morning!

Julie- Sounds like Cam had a very full day!!!

I slept in this morning - for me, that is--most of you are probably still sleeping:lol

It's a rainy day- but that's ok- we need it and it sure beats the scorching temps elsewhere in the country.

Wishing you all a relaxing day- and prayers and good thoughts going out to everyone!:hug

Good Morning, House!

Shannon ~ It's so good to see your post. Watching movies and crocheting sounds like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.:hook

Wrennie ~ Love your birthday pictures! Your co-workers sound great. And congratulations of getting your truck through inspection. :clap

Toni ~ Oh, you must be so excited to be a great grandma. :c9 Will you get to see him soon? I hope you're feeling okay.:hug

Dusti ~ You and your DH are such a cute couple! I loved seeing your project pictures - everything is wonderful. The little sundress is just adorable and the yarn is perfect! :yes

Phyllis ~ The "empty nest" feeling will get better, but I know it's hard when children leave home. We're always here if you need some company. :manyheart Are you knitting or crocheting anything now?

Cindy ~ I'm so glad your parents are both improving. :) Have a safe trip home. :manyheart

Hi to those I've missed this morning. I'm heading outside now to do some watering...it's 88* right now and today will be #37 for consecutive 100* days! Yep, we're all tired of this now. :lol

Morning Joanne

It's great that you got to sleep in today. You must have needed the extra rest . It's not raining here yet,but looks like it's going to .

Cam is still asleep,so not much to do this morning yet. I cleaned the bathroom,but trying to be quiet til he wakes up before doing any other cleaning .

Gonna get to visit Ryan today ?

Hi Mary

Holy Moley,you guys and that hot weather ! WOW . You gotta be made of tough stuff to have that much hot weather in a row . Better try to stay in where it's cool as much as possible .

Good morning housemates :coffee

I just woke up and still feel like I could've slept longer, but mother nature called :lol The coffee pot is just finishing up. Today is a little get together and mary's aunt's house for her mom's bday again, so will be heading out there for a bit this afternoon. I'm not really sure what time though :think I sent some new spreadsheets to my dad last night so waiting to hear back on those.

Not much else to report here this morning. Oh, my sil and the kids were supposed to fly out last night, but are rescheduled for today on that same flight. They're leaving out of Scranton which is a little rinky dink airport so they'll be on a puddle jumper plane that seats about 20-25 to Philly then get on the jet. They were getting bad storms yesterday that the flight got delayed to the point they would've missed the 2nd flight in Philly :think I hope it's good for today because I think those are the storms we're supposed to get today and tomorrow :think

I'll check back after making my rounds :wink

Good morning everyone. I will try to write more later, but right now I am so proud of myself that I could take these pictures of some of my latest projects. The blanket is for Project Linus, and the dishcloth is knitted with I Love This Cotton yarn.

post-51264-13589768468_thumb.jpg

post-51264-135897684684_thumb.jpg

post-51264-135897684687_thumb.jpg

I was not able to get good pictures of my other dishcloths, but the free Peanuts dishcloth patterns were designed by Alli Barrett and can be found on Ravelry The tightie whities are also on Ravelry, but I can't find them right now. These are really cute and are knitted with basic knit and purl stitches.

that's such all-around good news!:hugAlot of steps forward!

Judy- the ride with both dogs must have been an adventure!!!

It was....esp at first. Lucy slid down off the seat cover/hammock so that her back end was on the floor of the car:lol She looked confused, but when we stopped she sat up and looked out the window. Too cute:c9

Good morning everyone. I will try to write more later, but right now I am so proud of myself that I could take these pictures of some of my latest projects. The blanket is for Project Linus, and the dishcloth is knitted with I Love This Cotton yarn.

Beautiful work! The pic doesn't do the cloth justice....but the ghan is fantastic!!:clap

DS is coming over later....a surprise call this AM...so bbl!

Yay for pictures! :clap Your work is absolutely gorgeous.:hook

Phyllis---I love that afghan- you do such beautiful work :manyheart and as good as the pictures are, since I've seen some of your work up close and personal, so may I just add that pictures don't do your projects justice!!!!

I'm glad that you figured out how to post some pictures!!!!:clap

Marisa- Have a good time this afternoon- and we were supposed to get rain here today, but right now the sun is shining and it is very humid. I didn't get my car washed yesterday- I got a free coupon from the oil change place and since I have a week to redeem the coupon, I opted not to do it since the forecast was for rain today...perhaps if I had gotten the car washed, it WOULD be raining! Hope that your SIL and the kids got off ok- I'm not a great flyer- and don't know if I could ever go in one of those small puddle jumper planes!

Mary-Hopefully by now you are inside in your cool house- 37 days of 100+ temps- :eek No wonder my cousin and her DH decided to retire to New Hampshire!!! They get lots of snow in the winter, but at least their summers are very pleasant!

Judy- Enjoy your visit with your DS!

Julie- Not sure if I'll see Ryan or not today- I'm going to call this afternoon- because after all it is his 2 week birthday!!!

:hiFriends!!

It's been aeons since I was last able to chat with you all; I missed you :ghug

Our summer has been incredibly busy, and I have not been home a whole lot to play on the computer, but, other than that, all is well up here. The highlights

• DH and I celebrated our 14th anniversary with a trip to Michigan's Upper Penninsula
  • [ATTACH]43299[/ATTACH]

• Girls took 2 sessions of swimming lessons and passed their respective levels with flying colors
  • I played nanny for 10 days in Chicago to my college friend's 18-month-old DD. What a blast!! We had such a grand time together. Do you know what broke the ice and helped us start bonding? My sparkly toenail polish :lol I do not "fuss" with my toes, and I have never gone for a pedicure, but the girls and I painted our toes one afternoon during their swimming lessons, and the paint was still on when I landed in Chicago. The little gal was soooo intrigued (her mama is even less inclined than I am to worry about her nails :P), that I asked permission to paint Little E's toes, and she was my best friend for the rest of my stay :bheart Her daddy did not even mind :whewWhatever is takes!
  • DH worked to put in the new flooring in the entryway, dining room and down one hallway, while I was gone. Since I have been home, I have been staining and sanding and staining and applying polyurethane to all of the closet doors and interior room doors. If the rain holds off, I should be able to finish the staining this weekend. We still have to replace the carpeting in the living room, and then we will move on to the kitchen. The projects are coming along nicely, if I do say so, myself.
  • The garden looks a little bedraggled, but we have not been good about consistently watering it. We have had bouts of isolated, heavy storms, but then we also have enjoyed lovely days filled with sunshine. It's summer, and I take advantage by eating lunch out-of-doors every chance I get.

So, you know, nothing terribly stressful or worrisome, just busy on this end. I thought we were going to eat dinner a short time ago, but DH came home from work and headed out to mow the lawn, since showers are supposed to hit overnight, and they would make it too wet to mow for another couple of days. I decided to turn on the computer and check-in with y'all.

Since it is Friday, here are a couple of photos.

My new, most-favorite purse -- A Lot of Ruffles Bag crocheted in Patons Classic Black and Cascade 220 Magenta

[ATTACH]43294[/ATTACH]

Blousy Baby Romper for my friend's baby shower in Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweetest Pink and Sweet Pea

[ATTACH]43295[/ATTACH]

Pretty Sundress for the little girl I took care of last week. This was made with Debra Norville's Serenity Garden yarn

[ATTACH]43296[/ATTACH]

Bucket Purse using Patons Classic in Kimono

[ATTACH]43297[/ATTACH]

Little purse for the same little girls I mentioned up above

[ATTACH]43298[/ATTACH]

I have been working on a bunch of scarves and hats using up yarn I have in storage, but I will have to snap and organize those pictures for next week's Photo Friday.

I have gone back and read the messages that I missed, but there is not any way I can comment as much as I would like to. Please do not take offence. Before I log-off, here, I just have to send out a couple of notes:

Congratulations, Joanne on becoming a new Grammy to Ryan!! He is precious. It's been wonderful to read your updates, and I am thrilled you were able to spend so much time with him (and his mum ;)) during those first few days.

Happy Birthday, Wrennie!! Sounds as though you could use a hug or two, :hug:hug, to combat your stress and sadness right now. The other ladies were right on-the-mark with their declarations of support for you. You are a wonderful lady, and we are here for you.

Congrats on the new addition to your family, too, Toni. Sounds like the perfect size (exact same as my oldest ) :yes Hope all is well with the new babe, mom and your grandson.

There is so much more I want to say... It will have to wait until tomorrow. Have a good one! It is going to take me a bit to get back in the groove, but I will give it my best shot, because I always feel so much better when I chat with you.

Happy hooking :hook

Beautiful job on all!! That baby romper is just adorable. :clap

Very nice, awesome job! :cheer

Afternoon everyone.

Julie~I will know the gender at the end of this month & I will surely let you all know. I can't wait.

For everyone that asked I am doing well. I am still tired, but not as bad as before. I can get by without napping most of the time, but sometimes skipping a nap or being up late makes me a bit cranky. :P I have been walking with my SIL 1-2 a week and that makes me feel good, sore but good. I need to put her on a leash cause she power walks. :lol

Hubby is out AGAIN for the 4th time.....this time it's only been 2 months. We refused to see the normal surgeon which his primary care doc doesn't think he should see again anyways because he's had 3 surgeries in the same spot & it keeps come back with a vengance (sp?).....it worsens everytime. So, she is sending him to a neurosurgeon....hoopefully they can figure it out.

Other than that all is ok here. My twins are turning 16 next weekend. :cheer

Wrennie~Happy belated birthday! :birthday

Ok, i'm off to get something productive done.....or maybe i'll just lay down. :devil

Have a great day! :ghug

Hey Tab

Good to hear from you . I'm glad you are feeling a little better now,but sorry Shenandoah is still having the same disorder .Sure hope he can find a Doc that knows how to get rid of it for good .

Take care of yourself !

And wow, cannot believe the twins will soon be 16 ! Get ready for D R I V I N G lessons soon ....

Archived