Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning everyone!

The memorial went well without a reverend or pastor. When the 4th one couldn't do it I knew it wasn't meant to be. Kenne, my friend who was also DJing, said a few words then opened his microphone to anyone who wanted to say anything. A good handful of people spoke. It was nice and I think he would be pleased with the outcome.

Off to work soon. HAGD!

Glad it went well

Good Morning! Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't run away from home. ;) Thursday night I got very sick - all the symptoms of the flu - our doctor's nurse said something flu-like is definitely "making the rounds" and they called in two prescriptions. By Friday, DH had the same thing...today is the first day either one of us feel almost normal. We always have our flu shots, but she said they wouldn't help this!

So, needless to say, I am behind on everything...again. I'll need to catch up slowly around here and then see what you all have been up to. :manyheart I've missed you!

Glad you are beginning to feel better.

Just a couple of pics...of Miss Lucy...

This first one is from over a month ago or so

The second one is from yesterday:D

Wow, she is growing fast!

Checking back in. I have to tweak the diet a bit, but don't have to avoid all carbs. Thank goodness! In fact, I taught the gal several things. I brought my diet guide which she'd never seen before and loved and the information on the miracle noodles was something she'd never run into before, too. Anyway, I brought home a whole bunch of pamphlets to review, but no huge changes from what I was doing before for the most part. Most fruits aren't so good since they're full of simple sugars and a lot of starches aren't good, but I knew a good bit of that before.

Glad you got some direction with that diet.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning glories! It's Hump Day!!!

Thinking of all of you and wishing you all a good day. Today is my oldest's birthday--sure wish I was in Boston to wish her Happy Birthday in person. Can't believe it was 32 years ago that I began my most important job- that of being a mom! Where do the years go????

Have a good day my friends!

Morning Ladies,

I've been up since I got up at 4 to potty and couldn't go back to sleep. Many things running through my mind. Please keep my son and his family in your prayers. If this wasn't a public board I would share what has been going on. DS is coming by this morning and we are going down to my Aunt's house to see my cousins from Tennessee. They were here in May but I couldn't make it then.

I got copies of medical reports copied this morning for the doctor to pass on to the insurance co. No Joanne no report yet on the Mayo Clinic. Hopefully by Sept 1st.

My Grandson Payton turned 7 saturday. He was a friday the 13th baby. No bad luck that day. We went and seen him on sunday after a reunion. I give all the kids money so he had already received his gift, but we gave him and Jocelyn some school supplies.

Hubby is still not feeling well from that pain patch. Hope this passes soon. It scary having him like this. He was on Fentanyl for 3 weeks.

I'll stop by later and catch up again. Have a good day everyone!

Good morning everyone. I'm off work until next Tuesday. I think we will be going to visit my parents again for the weekend. It looks like its going to be a pretty day here today, but I am going to have to do some housework

Marlene, keeping your son and family in my prayers, also your poor dh, he's been feeling bad for such a long time already.

Good morning everyone. It's overcast so far today. I don't think it calls for rain until next week, but not sure. At least the temps have dropped from the mid to high 90s to the 80s now. Makes life much more pleasant.

I went out to Panda Express for supper last night. Had Mandarin Chicken with veggies. Was yummy and just hit the spot. :D Also filled the prescription for the vitamins the kidney doc prescribed. When he gave it to me he asked if I had prescription coverage (which I don't), so I was wondering just how expensive they were going to be. Turned out they were only $4.26 for a month's worth. That wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. :D Color me happy!

Thinking of all of you and wishing you all a good day. Today is my oldest's birthday--sure wish I was in Boston to wish her Happy Birthday in person. Can't believe it was 32 years ago that I began my most important job- that of being a mom! Where do the years go????

The time sure flies, doesn't it? It's hard to believe that mine are 38 and 35.

Morning Ladies,

I've been up since I got up at 4 to potty and couldn't go back to sleep. Many things running through my mind. Please keep my son and his family in your prayers. If this wasn't a public board I would share what has been going on. DS is coming by this morning and we are going down to my Aunt's house to see my cousins from Tennessee. They were here in May but I couldn't make it then.

Will be keeping him and his family in my prayers. :hug :hug

I got copies of medical reports copied this morning for the doctor to pass on to the insurance co. No Joanne no report yet on the Mayo Clinic. Hopefully by Sept 1st.

Got my fingers crossed for you that everything works out with those plans. :hug :hug :hug

My Grandson Payton turned 7 saturday. He was a friday the 13th baby. No bad luck that day. We went and seen him on sunday after a reunion. I give all the kids money so he had already received his gift, but we gave him and Jocelyn some school supplies.

Hubby is still not feeling well from that pain patch. Hope this passes soon. It scary having him like this. He was on Fentanyl for 3 weeks.

I'll stop by later and catch up again. Have a good day everyone!

Hope you all have a good Wednesday. :manyheart Catch you all later. :manyheart

'morning peeps!

Checking back in. I have to tweak the diet a bit, but don't have to avoid all carbs. Thank goodness! In fact, I taught the gal several things. I brought my diet guide which she'd never seen before and loved and the information on the miracle noodles was something she'd never run into before, too. Anyway, I brought home a whole bunch of pamphlets to review, but no huge changes from what I was doing before for the most part. Most fruits aren't so good since they're full of simple sugars and a lot of starches aren't good, but I knew a good bit of that before.
It sounds like you have a handle on it! Good for you:yes

You can really see how she has grown in these pics!

Like a weed:lol

They go way too fast!!! If a parent can survive the teen years I think having daughters is wonderful:manyheart

....spoken from the POV of a mom with a 36 yo (and single) son:lol

Good morning everyone. I'm off work until next Tuesday. I think we will be going to visit my parents again for the weekend. It looks like its going to be a pretty day here today, but I am going to have to do some housework

At least you have time to get your own home organized befor eheading over to your parents house. Take a few minutes for YOU today:hug

Marlene...tg for grandchildren, because otherwise it sounds like you're getting it from all sides:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:hug

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning House¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

hope all is well with you all!!! I have another busy day ahead of me! First day of school tomorrow...... :( I sure am gonna miss my boys! And I need to take them out and finish the last of the shopping! I'll do that later this afternoon/evening.

Yesterday I took Patrick to get his Drivers Permit. Oh.... I cant believe how grown up he is. I let him drive home.

post-18634-135897689093_thumb.jpg

I'm busy crocheting for the craft fair and fundraiser! I'm testing an afghan pattern for Carlinda right now... and am going to put it on my craft table. I hope to make another one too.

This first one is from over a month ago or so I can not believe how big she has got. my goodness.

Good morning everyone. I'm better today. And the kidney guy as put me on a special vitamin supplement as my potassium was high, which means bananas are out now too. But, I don't have to see him again for 6 months which is a plus.

I see the nurse on the diet this afternoon. Will see what she has to say. Hopefully it will help.

I got an email telling me the Miracle Noodles were shipped on Friday and they arrived yesterday. Talk about fast service. I tried them out last night. They smell funny when you open the bag, like fish or seaweed, but that goes away after rinsing and blanching them. They don't really have any flavor of their own but pick up the flavor of the sauce and seasoning you put on them beautifully. I have the rest of the package this morning with mixed veggies and spaghetti sauce and they were just as good. Expensive, but worth it if the rest of the varieties work this well.

oh honey... I pray for you all the time!!!! :hug

To everyone, hope you all have a good day. I'll catch you later. :manyheart

Checking back in. I have to tweak the diet a bit, but don't have to avoid all carbs. Thank goodness! oh good!!! In fact, I taught the gal several things. I brought my diet guide which she'd never seen before and loved and the information on the miracle noodles was something she'd never run into before, too. Anyway, I brought home a whole bunch of pamphlets to review, but no huge changes from what I was doing before for the most part. Most fruits aren't so good since they're full of simple sugars and a lot of starches aren't good, but I knew a good bit of that before.

Thinking of all of you and wishing you all a good day. Today is my oldest's birthday--sure wish I was in Boston to wish her Happy Birthday in person. Can't believe it was 32 years ago that I began my most important job- that of being a mom! Where do the years go???? Oh darlin' how I understand! I cant believe my oldests are almost 29. What in the world happen to all the years. my little David is going to be 11 on the 25th. :sigh

Morning Ladies,

I'll stop by later and catch up again. Have a good day everyone!Honey... you can bet I am praying for you and your whole family!!! I am so sorry you are going through so much!!! :hug

Good morning everyone. I'm off work until next Tuesday. I think we will be going to visit my parents again for the weekend. It looks like its going to be a pretty day here today, but I am going to have to do some housework you have a wonderful visit with your folks sweetie!!!! :hug

Marlene, keeping your son and family in my prayers, also your poor dh, he's been feeling bad for such a long time already.

Good morning everyone. It's overcast so far today. I don't think it calls for rain until next week, but not sure. At least the temps have dropped from the mid to high 90s to the 80s now. Makes life much more pleasant. sounds nice! :hug

I went out to Panda Express for supper last night. Had Mandarin Chicken with veggies. Was yummy and just hit the spot. :DYUM! Also filled the prescription for the vitamins the kidney doc prescribed. When he gave it to me he asked if I had prescription coverage (which I don't), so I was wondering just how expensive they were going to be. Turned out they were only $4.26 for a month's worth. That wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. :D Color me happy!

gosh... sounds great! Makes me happy to hear you're happy!!! :hug

The time sure flies, doesn't it? It's hard to believe that mine are 38 and 35.

Hope you all have a good Wednesday. :manyheart Catch you all later. :manyheart

:heart

:mug

Joanne, the only trouble with kids getting older is theat they are not the only ones who are doing that. :D

It's a beautiful sunny day in Jersey, and I for one will not be spending my day sitting at the computer.

Have a good day everyone.

Afternoon all! Long day at work and then nap and now trying to catch up with my Ville friends :)

Wrennie, I'm sure the memorial was very special with the music and the words spoken by friends. Sometimes, those are the best and I'm sure it's the way it was meant to be.

Judy, my Lady Jane is terribly afraid of thunder. She cowers and shakes and just hates it. None of my girls will go out when it's raining, they wait. The big boy, Rio, goes out when he has to go, he could care less about thunder or rain :lol He's such a big, gentle, bear of a dog and so laid back.

LOVE the photo of ms Lucy with her paws on the counter. My, what big ears she has! :lol

Tam, your swap box will probably go out close to date too and I'm working on things for the box for the fundraiser and craft table :) Hope to get everything out by end of month, waiting on boxes from PO to get here to mail a few packages out!

Mary, glad you are feeling better. I don't do flu season well at all. I think last year was the first in a long time I didn't get ill. But had flu shot, pneumonia shot, and wore mask and gloves wherever I went all season long. May have to do that again this year. ICK

Joanne, pedicure and massage chair, sounds like heaven to me!!! Can't wait to see the little guy in his grandma's favorite team colors :lol

Linda, glad your diet doesn't have to change much. It really is good that you already knew so much. If you're like me, you do a lot of online research on things to know where you stand and what to expect. Having meds be less than expected is always a bonus!

Marlene, never fun when you can't go to sleep or wake up for nature call and your mind won't shut off and let you rest. Hopefully, things will be better all around for your family soon.

Cindy, hope you're enjoying your time off. Sounds like you will have enjoyable visit again.

:hi Marisa, Kiyo, Dusti, and everyone else I've missed!

I am still working on the baby afghan but I'm running out of yarn. I think it will end up being preemie sized. (unless I go buy more yarn, which sort of defeats my purpose). It's about 22 inches in diameter so far.

I just got off the phone with my brother. He says my mom is doing better every day, but my dad isn't making any progress at all, and has seemed to go backwards over the past few days. I always knew that there was a possibility that he wouldn't get off the ventilator, although apparently the medical staff isn't talking that way yet. I guess we just have to be patient and see what happens.

Judy, my Lady Jane is terribly afraid of thunder. She cowers and shakes and just hates it. None of my girls will go out when it's raining, they wait. The big boy, Rio, goes out when he has to go, he could care less about thunder or rain :lol He's such a big, gentle, bear of a dog and so laid back.

Awwww....it's so hard not to overdo the reassurance and love when they're afraid like that.

LOVE the photo of ms Lucy with her paws on the counter. My, what big ears she has! :lol

She reminds me of Sparkie when he was little. Between his huge ears and gigantic rib cage we wondered if he was deformed! He ended up growing into all his parts.:lol

I am still working on the baby afghan but I'm running out of yarn. I think it will end up being preemie sized. (unless I go buy more yarn, which sort of defeats my purpose). It's about 22 inches in diameter so far.What about taking some of my stash instead of buying?;) Depends what you're using, but I have quite a bit of yarn - all over my house.:lol

I just got off the phone with my brother. He says my mom is doing better every day, but my dad isn't making any progress at all, and has seemed to go backwards over the past few days. I always knew that there was a possibility that he wouldn't get off the ventilator, although apparently the medical staff isn't talking that way yet. I guess we just have to be patient and see what happens.

Hugs to you, hon - seeing your dad having a hard time isn't easy to watch:hug:hug:hug

'nite, everyone...

Joanne, the only trouble with kids getting older is theat they are not the only ones who are doing that. :D

It's a beautiful sunny day in Jersey, and I for one will not be spending my day sitting at the computer.

Have a good day everyone.

:lol Oh, I thought that that the older they got, the younger I got!!:lol:lol It was a gorgeous day here today--too bad I was stuck in Paradise till 5:30--but I did go outside at lunchtime today!!!! Hope we have this kind of weather on the weekend so I can enjoy it!!!

Hi all,

Long day in Paradise- and then afterwards, I stopped at DD's house to see Ryan- he was awake for a change---but only stayed about 1/2 hour because then he wanted to be fed--and that is DD's job right now, if you catch my drift!

Marlene- I'm so sorry that you have so much on your plate right now!! Definitely saying prayers for your DS and for your DH who has endured so much pain!!!!

Linda- Your dinner sounds great- we ordered chinese food for lunch today at work- I had enough for lunch AND dinner. DH isn't home tonight so it worked out great!

Cindy- Good news about your Mom- and continued prayers and positive thoughts for your Dad (and Mom, too). I am like Judy in that I have a ton of stash. If there's a particular yarn you need to finish the blanket, I'd be happy to send it your way if I have it!!

Tam- Great pic of Patrick behind the wheel!!! Hope your sons have a great first day of school tomorrow!

Toni- When is your DD going to see her grandson? How many crochet goodies are you sending with her for him?

See you all in the AM

Joanne and Judy...thanks for the offer. However,my goal is to use up my stash, not collect more.

How big do you think a round baby blanket should be at a minimum? Mine is at 27 inches at the moment, and I still have at least 6 oz of yarn left. I wouldn't be opposed to buying one more skein to get it to a good size, since it has pretty much grown beyond preemie size now. Or I might be able to find something else in my stash to use as well. It's already just a random combination of colors.

Good morning!

Another day in paradise is about to commence- but luckily I don't work late tonight- but I do tomorrow which makes a Friday seem extra long! Hoping that the day goes by quickly-

Marisa- Hope you are enjoying your vacation!!! I can't wait till mid Sept when I have another week off!!!

Hugs and warm wishes for a wonderful day to all!

Good morning everyone. I went to Home Depot last night and picked up a replacement for the shower, but it ended up being the wrong color (nickel) and the rest of the fixtures are gold, so have to take it back and try to find a gold one somewhere instead. Sigh! :sigh

Saw Rosie and John, too. She's in sooooo much pain. She had an MRI this week, but won't find out the results until next week. Going to the wedding looks to be totally out of the question at this point. She's so bummed.

I am still working on the baby afghan but I'm running out of yarn. I think it will end up being preemie sized. (unless I go buy more yarn, which sort of defeats my purpose). It's about 22 inches in diameter so far.

Glad to hear that mom is doing better and better, but so sad that dad is not. :hug :hug :hug

Hope everyone has a good day. :hug

..(\(\..../)/)

..( '.')....('.' )

o(_")").(“(“_)o.

”˜˜”*°•. ˜”*°••° Good Morning House...........

Well.... my babies are off to school today. :( I miss them so much already!

They looked so grown up this morning getting ready. :cry

post-18634-135897689293_thumb.jpg

Afternoon all! Long day at work and then nap and now trying to catch up with my Ville friends :)

Tam, your swap box will probably go out close to date too and I'm working on things for the box for the fundraiser and craft table :) Hope to get everything out by end of month, waiting on boxes from PO to get here to mail a few packages out!

I'm not real worried about you and I getting our swaps to each other! :D We're good for it!

I'm still waiting on one more pkg to come in the mail. So I just keep makin' stuff and planning your box! :hook

Thank you sweetie for helping me with the fundraiser! :hug

I just got off the phone with my brother. He says my mom is doing better every day, but my dad isn't making any progress at all, and has seemed to go backwards over the past few days. I always knew that there was a possibility that he wouldn't get off the ventilator, although apparently the medical staff isn't talking that way yet. I guess we just have to be patient and see what happens. oh sweetie... :hug I'm sorry to hear about your dad. But gosh.. thats good news about your mom! hang in there hon! I'm still praying!

Hi all,

Long day in Paradise- and then afterwards, I stopped at DD's house to see Ryan- he was awake for a change---but only stayed about 1/2 hour because then he wanted to be fed--and that is DD's job right now, if you catch my drift! hehehe... you're so cute! I'm so glad you are able to enjoy your new grandbaby as much as you do!

Tam- Great pic of Patrick behind the wheel!!! Hope your sons have a great first day of school tomorrow! Thanks hon! I hope they do too.... I just miss them so much! :(

See you all in the AM

Good morning everyone. I went to Home Depot last night and picked up a replacement for the shower, but it ended up being the wrong color (nickel) and the rest of the fixtures are gold, so have to take it back and try to find a gold one somewhere instead. Sigh! :sighaww man... that stinks!!!

Saw Rosie and John, too. She's in sooooo much pain. She had an MRI this week, but won't find out the results until next week. Going to the wedding looks to be totally out of the question at this point. She's so bummed. OmGoodness! I'm so sorry!!! :hug

Hope everyone has a good day. :hug

:heart

:mug

Morning all! It's another nice, cool morning here in the mountains. To bad it's going away!

Since I had appts. all day today, was going to sleep in. THAT didn't happen as a wild and crazy fur child jumped on my bed and pushed covers and pillows away from me and licked my face and lay down on me *LOL* She had just come in from outside, and of course was wet.

So, got up, worked one hour, took my shower, got dressed and need to brush teeth and I'm ready for the day. Will go to neighbors at 9:30, she's going with me because I had trouble seeing to drive home last time, and get the day started. We decided to go to lunch in between appts. Making a day of it. :)

Cindy, I make my baby RR's anywhere from 32-48" depending on how much yarn I have and how the ghan is looking. :hug :hug and prayers for your dad and family. Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

Judy, unfortunately, Rio has grown into his parts and he's still looks funny :rofl He has these short stocky legs with feet that turn out Bassett style, a HUGE body, a tail like a husky, face/ears like a lab and the most gorgeous ice blue eyes. He has always had an old looking face (my sister says that he's what Native Americans call my warrior dog after looking deep into his eyes), she also says she thinks he's part coyote. But, he's a gentle soul.

Joanne, glad you get out early today and can enjoy the weather AND you got to see Ryan yesterday WOOT .

My dd is hoping her boss will let her off next week. She made the schedule to show she's off, but she won't know until today's meeting. She needs to go. Hasn't seen her son in over a year and needs to be there to see her grandson. Since she's a GM at the store, it's hard for her to take off, but I told her, it will be there when you get back!

Joanne, what is a vacation? :lol I know, it's the shutdown during Christmas where I catch up on housework and presents. I don't mind though, I'm living where I used to vacation so every day is a vacation. I do plan to go to one of the falls I haven't been to and see the Christmas displays this year. I hear they are magnificent.

Linda, :hug :hug and prayers for Rosie. Hope she gets feeling better soon. Gold fixtures are very hard to find. Good luck with that!

:hug :hug to all and prayers to those who need them and have a great day all! :bye

The "Cleaning, Organizing and De-stashing Before a New School Year" bug has hit our house. My goodness, we have been un-earthing items I did not even remember that we had...but it is kind of fun, too, to neaten up the workshop and some of the storage buildings. The girls are making good progress in going through their closets and drawers to weed-out the clothing items that no longer fit. The shoes these girls have :eek Yikes!! The funny thing is that all of the shoes are well-worn and loved, but I did not realize they had so many pairs between them. I have been having some success selling their toddler toys, play structures, and the like, which makes me happy :yay DH is proud of the small farm equipment pieces he refurbished and sold this week. All-in-all, we have been working hard, but we are working together, which is good bonding time ;)

There has not been a whole lot of time for crocheting, but I did finish a baby blanket and a scarf over the past few evenings. I found a couple of new, fleece baby blankets down in a storage bin, so I am in the process of crocheting pretty edgings on those. Once finished, I will tuck them away to pull out when I need a quick gift.

How is Thursday treating all of you? The weekend is almost here. The sunshine has been brilliant for the past couple of days, but the wind is something to be reckoned with -- it blew my working skein of yarn off of the deck, yesterday afternoon, quite by surprise. You know? I could not just yank on the yarn and pull it back up to me -- yes, I tried :P. The yarn just kept pulling and pulling, so I had to slip my shoes on to go and retrieve the wayward skein :lol

Hope your beach holiday is sunny and relaxing, Marisa! We miss you, but take your time and stay as long as you can. We'll catch you after your vacation.

Thanks for the great pics, Dusti. You have been one busy lady. I think Cheeria is doing the same CAL.
:yes Yes, she is. I had finished the top before the CAL started up, but I am really tempted to make another, because I like the fit of it so well.

Dusti- So what did you make for dinner last night- Your culinary talents probably equal or excel your crocheting talents!!! When do your DD's return to school? Are they getting excited for a new school year---or sad to see the summer end?

Let's see, I made Pineapple-Chicken Fajitas that night, and last night, we had Chinese Steamed Pork Buns. All of the talk between you and Linda about Chinese food made me hungry for some, too. Unfortunately, I could not even tell you how far away the nearest take-out restaurant is, so I made the buns from scratch. A little putsy, but they turned out well. Kyri and Annika do not start school until the Tuesday after Labor Day -- Minnesota law, I guess :think. They are looking forward to seeing their friends, but I have also had them tell me that they like doing Math and Spanish homework assignments, and they are hoping they will have some soon after the new year starts. They miss their time with my parents and Gramma, but we will make a few trips down to visit this fall, so that ought to help lessen the tug on their heartstrings. They do well with structure and routine, and they are very curious children, so they thoroughly enjoy school. I hope this enthusiasm lasts for another 12 years, or so ;).

Good Morning! Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't run away from home. ;) Thursday night I got very sick - all the symptoms of the flu - our doctor's nurse said something flu-like is definitely "making the rounds" and they called in two prescriptions. By Friday, DH had the same thing...today is the first day either one of us feel almost normal. We always have our flu shots, but she said they wouldn't help this!

So, needless to say, I am behind on everything...again. I'll need to catch up slowly around here and then see what you all have been up to. :manyheart I've missed you!

Oh golly! You poor Dear. :hug:hugDefinitely take it slowly for a few days. Were the prescriptions any help? Did you feel well enough to go out and have them filled? That is always my greatest fear, that I feel too lousy to make it to town and back :( Knock on wood, DH is usually under-the-weather after me, so he has been able to get me back on my feet before he gives-in. I hope you and your DH are now feeling much better.

Ms. Judy---I received your package yesterday!! THANK YOU!! The scarves are beautiful!!! I will get pictures posted soon! and a count as well!!

Dusti---I did answer my PM yesterday afternoon- did you not get the response?

Yep, I got it :) The box should reach you tomorrow, Friday, at the latest. You have me in the habit of making scarves from my stash, and I already have 2 more for your collection. When is the deadline? I will have to go back and look. Needless to say, I will be sending another packet to you :hook

This first one is from over a month ago or so

Awww, I can see her getting taller/longer. What a cute face she has!

Linda ~ That does sound like speedy customer service for the Miracle Noodles to reach you so quickly. I am glad to hear that they absorbed the flavors of your seasonings to readily, and that they were tasty. It is nice to know there are products out there that are as good as they are advertised to be. How funny it was that you were able to offer the dietician so much new information. I was hoping she could really help you, but, it really sounds as though you have a better handle on your limitations and options than she did. Good for you, but I was just hoping someone could do her job and take care of you for a little bit, without you having to work so hard :hug. Your strength and knowledge is an inspiration to me.

Toni ~ Sorry to hear that the chemo round is giving you such a rough time :hug

:hugHappy, belated, Birthday to your DD :cake

Marlene ~ I will say prayers for your son's family. I hope you had a good meet-up with your TN cousins the other day. It really takes that long to hear back from the Mayo Clinic, huh? I did not realize that. Well, I will keep hoping that your husband will make it in to see their doctors, soon, and that they can offer some insights to helping him feel better.

Safe travels, Cindy. It's good to hear that your mom is doing well. :hug

to you for your father's condition.

Yesterday I took Patrick to get his Drivers Permit. Oh.... I cant believe how grown up he is. I let him drive home.

[ATTACH]44005[/ATTACH] Nice picture. Oh, how quickly they grow up.

Saw Rosie and John, too. She's in sooooo much pain. She had an MRI this week, but won't find out the results until next week. Going to the wedding looks to be totally out of the question at this point. She's so bummed. So sorry to hear this. I am sure she was happy to have you pop in for a visit.

Wrennie ~ Sounds as though the memorial went well. We were thinking of you :hug

Everyone else ~ I will catch you later :flower It is time for me to get off of the computer and be productive [maybe :lol]

Hello everyone. I've been out shopping all morning. Just realized that it is DD's birthday next week, and she would be very hurt if I didn't buy her presents. Since she is gone on a camping/canoeing trip with a group of friends, it was a good time to buy for her. My other two kids like gift cards or cash, but she likes gifts, and they must be wrapped. She is hard to buy for though, since she buys herself quite a bit of stuff. I want to buy a couple more things still, but I still have a few days. So far I got one of those European style bracelets that you can buy additional beads for, a watch, some pyjamas, some candy, and a few clothing items. Guess I ought to wrap those this afternoon.

Thanks for all the support regarding my dad. I am trying my best to be patient. I tend to want things to happen quickly, so all this up and down stuff with his condition is really getting to me.

Tam, I can't believe your boys are off to school already. I think they start here on the Monday before Labor Day. They have three days of school and then are off for a long weekend. And WTG to Patrick for getting his drivers permit.

Toni, thanks for the input regarding round afghan size. I am hoping to make it to at least 34 inches. I might buy one more skein of yarn for it. After all I will have used up 4 different colors, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to buy just one more......

We decided to leave for my parents this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning. Dh said he's rather go tonight, and it doesn't really matter to me. It will be a nice surprise for my sil who is the one who spends the most time with my mom. Hopefully my mom will soon be well enough to be on her own. The personal care worker who comes in three times a week to help her shower thinks she could easily be alone. We're just not convinced yet. (My mom says she could) I will be checking in from there, but I don't know if I will be posting much, since my dad's computer has such a weird keyboard.

Linda, I missed whatever was going on with Rosie. I am sorry she is in so much pain. Hopefully the MRI will give some answers and give the docs ideas for effective treatment.

flyby......

Joanne and Judy...thanks for the offer. However,my goal is to use up my stash, not collect more.

Darn:devil

How big do you think a round baby blanket should be at a minimum? Mine is at 27 inches at the moment, and I still have at least 6 oz of yarn left. I wouldn't be opposed to buying one more skein to get it to a good size, since it has pretty much grown beyond preemie size now. Or I might be able to find something else in my stash to use as well. It's already just a random combination of colors.

34 to 36 inches I think

Judy, unfortunately, Rio has grown into his parts and he's still looks funny :rofl He has these short stocky legs with feet that turn out Bassett style, a HUGE body, a tail like a husky, face/ears like a lab and the most gorgeous ice blue eyes. He has always had an old looking face (my sister says that he's what Native Americans call my warrior dog after looking deep into his eyes), she also says she thinks he's part coyote. But, he's a gentle soul.

what a funny description!

We used to have a LARGE dog that some people thought was part wolf. Whatever he was, he was a huge mush and a wonderful watchdog!

Off I go again! Back later.

Tam, your boys are shooting up like weeds! It must be hard keeping food in the house. I grew up with 2 younger brothers and they were human vacuums at mealtime - and any other time.:lol

Quick pop in since the Angels decided to go bowling!

Safe travels Cindy

Toni- Hope the appointments went well and that you enjoyed lunch out with your neighbor.

Tam- Great pic of the boys on the first day of school-hope they were all happy when they came home.

Dusti- With all you do you still made a scarf and baby blanket? WOW- It seems to take me forever to get projects done- That's great that you have been on cleaning binge and the girls are cooperating and chipping in with it. WTG on the sales of the toddler toys and such as well as what DH made. Loved the story about the wind-driven skein of yarn!!

Linda- I think I missed what's going on with Rosie but I'm sending prayers her way. I'm sorry she is in so much pain, and I'll be she was glad to have your company for a while!

The angels are bowling harder now, so I'm going to sign off.

Have a good night EVERYONE!!!

Archived