Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning gang

Too scatterbrained to remember everything of who said what so will just give out a shout .

Welcome back, LeAnna ,sounds as if things are looking up for you .

Toni,thanks for the photos-what a precious baby !

Marisa,glad you are getting everything wrapped up and ready for the next step,and also that you get to go to the beach for a trip .

Mary,so glad the news was better this time,with no invasive procedures needed .

Will just give a big hello out to everyone else ... I'm kinda foggy headed today which seems to be normal lately. It's foggy outside too,so at least I match the scenery .

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. We had a storm move through yesterday, but it missed us. Didn't get a drop of rain out of it. I am at the ironing phase on the quilt now. Got all 6 strips sewn together before John got home. Watched Hel*'s Kitchen & Master Chef last night. Both were excellent.

Hello everyone...I know, I know...I have so been out of the loop and MIA. Lots going on...but it's all good, not like the last time I posted. We had two months in the Spring that was just horrid. Too many deaths and bad news...but all that stopped end of May and then things started getting better.

In the good news department, I finally got a business license for Eccentric Haus Frau and actually have been working on some custom work FOR MONEY...and then have been getting ready to actually start teaching (FOR MONEY) at the yarn shop next month and gearing up to sell some of my patterns to same yarn shop.

Hooray! That's wonderful news! :yay :yay

But the really big news is that I put two of my projects into a small little art gallery for an exhibit and competition and I won BEST of SHOW for one of them and Honorable Mention for the other. The Best of Show was for my peasant top that I made a long while back and the Honorable Mention for the dressing gown. Some of you might remember those...if you are on Facebook I posted a Shutterfly link for pics, if not, I'll see if I can post them here...

How's everyone been?

Congratulations! That's super good news. :yay :yay

[ATTACH]43441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43442[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43443[/ATTACH]

Peasant Top, Dressing Gown and me and Hub-E...

Gorgeous work and lovely picture of you & hubby.

Hi everyone. Not going to try to catch up with everyone but will be hit and miss. Baby went back to hospital today with jaundice and we have storms interrupting my connection.

And because I can't help myself, here are some baby photos

Baby Seth [ATTACH]43444[/ATTACH]

With Mama [ATTACH]43445[/ATTACH]

With Daddy [ATTACH]43446[/ATTACH]

With Big Sis [ATTACH]43447[/ATTACH]

Oh, he's so sweet! When I was working in OB, moms and babies stayed long enough for mom to actually recover from the delivery a bit and if billi lights were needed for jaundice they were used before the little one went home. I'm sure he'll be fine in a couple of days.

Good evening everyone.

Have a couple more blocks done on afghans thanks to sitting in the bedroom watching old tv shows. Killed one ball of yarn and am working on killing another as well as a skein.

Things are a little tight here, moneywise. I wish my muse would hurry and kick back in so that I can get my book written. Then I wouldn't have to worry about money quite as much.

Anyway, they have a lady who works another job and she covers Sundays for me and every other week she takes my Saturdays for me so that I can have an extra day off. It really helps my attitude toward work.

Got to go now. Have to check on laundry and do a little more typing on book.

Glad you get a little more time off. Good luck with the book. That's a big challenge.

I have changed my avatar to remind me that we may see Fall some day. :lol Just saw the 10 day forecast and there is no change in sight! That would put us at about 50 straight days over 100*. :yell

See you all tomorrow! :)

Oh, my goodness! Are you sure you haven't melted any with all that heat?

I have been thinking of you all too, just been beyond busy. Today work started on our new balcony...and we've been going to a lot of Mariners' games too. And we have 2 new kitties, making our little family count of 4 kitties. Alas our BB the King left use shortly after we brought home Jack Sparrow from Sacramento, but we have Serenghetti, Jack Sparrow Rajeesh and Parveen. The latter 2 are litter mates who were born on Mother's Day and are siamese mix/Lynx point, although Raj looks like a short hair version of a ragdoll.

Thank you for the compliments on my work...

Sorry about BB, but the new additions sound gorgeous. Pictures?

Marisa ~ Congratulations on finishing your business plan!!! :yay

Hi, to Julie and Joanne and the rest of the House. :hug :hug

Catch you all later. :manyheart

Linda, I was a nurses' aide back in the day - on Maternity - and you're right about the billi lights. It's a shame they kick out the moms and babies so fast that there have to be return visits to the hospital!

We only got 2 drops of rain last night - and that was it...so was already out watering flowers, etc....

CU all later!

:sun .:: Good Morning House ::.

Well… I have a load of laundry going… the dishwasher empty… 3rd pot of coffee going and my crocheting ready to get back to. Good day so far!!! Still fussin’ with this headache…. Dang thing… I cant seem to get it down to a dull roar. Thanks for all the love and prayers!

Love the pic of the puppies Judy! They are so darn sweet!

So glad to hear good news Mary!!! :hug

Linda… you are so good to me! Thank you so much for making a quilt!!! :hug

Good news indeed LeAnna!! Congrats on both the license and the art gallery

You’re items are beautiful!!!!!!!!

Great Grandma Toni… I’ve already told you this.. but I’ll say it again…. That is one adorable baby and one happy little family! Congrats to all!!!

:hi HI Shannon…. Good luck with your book.

LOL… Marisa………… see you later!

Hey miss Julie………… :hug

Well………… back to my crocheting!!!! :hook and of course… more :mug

OH....... um..... a little good luck prayer said for Patrick would be appreciated... he applied for a job up the road at a Winery ... bussinig tables. Being 15 there are labor laws... but he could make some nice gas money... and save for things he wants.

:heart

:mug

Good Morning! Just thought I'd pop in really quick and say:hi Thanks for letting me rant the other day!:hug I'm at my wits end and not sure how much more I can take:eek

Anyway, the weekend was busy. Bf's team won 1 game and lost 1 on Saturday and they lost their last game on Sunday. I went to Saturdays games but was at my gs' 1st birthday party on Sunday! Can't believe he's a year old already!:lol

School starts for my younger two next week!:eek So this week are their orientations to get their schedules, pictures, etc. I need to go school shopping with them as well:rolleyes That is always a joy! Can't believe how short their summer was, poor kids!

Sorry I didn't respond to everyone individually but I have been keeping up on the posts! :hug:manyheart to everyone and hope it's a fabulous day!

:sun .:: Good Morning House ::.

Well… I have a load of laundry going… the dishwasher empty… 3rd pot of coffee going and my crocheting ready to get back to. Good day so far!!! Still fussin’ with this headache…. Dang thing… I cant seem to get it down to a dull roar. Thanks for all the love and prayers!

Hope the headache lets up soon. I think the fall pollens have started here, and after fussing with my meds the headache and sinus pain that goes with them has let up. Could this be part of your problem?

Linda… you are so good to me! Thank you so much for making a quilt!!! :hug

You are very welcome, Tammy.

Well………… back to my crocheting!!!! :hook and of course… more :mug

OH....... um..... a little good luck prayer said for Patrick would be appreciated... he applied for a job up the road at a Winery ... bussinig tables. Being 15 there are labor laws... but he could make some nice gas money... and save for things he wants.

Good luck, Patrick. :hug Saying a prayer for you.

Good Morning! Just thought I'd pop in really quick and say:hi Thanks for letting me rant the other day!:hug I'm at my wits end and not sure how much more I can take:eek

Anyway, the weekend was busy. Bf's team won 1 game and lost 1 on Saturday and they lost their last game on Sunday. I went to Saturdays games but was at my gs' 1st birthday party on Sunday! Can't believe he's a year old already!:lol

School starts for my younger two next week!:eek So this week are their orientations to get their schedules, pictures, etc. I need to go school shopping with them as well:rolleyes That is always a joy! Can't believe how short their summer was, poor kids!

Sorry I didn't respond to everyone individually but I have been keeping up on the posts! :hug:manyheart to everyone and hope it's a fabulous day!

That last week before school starts is always a busy one. Hang in there. :hug

The block strips have been assembled, ironed, and cut now. And the first two blocks have been sewn together and joined. I'm on a roll now. :lol

post-2629-135897686126_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897686132_thumb.jpg

The first one should be the lighter of the two kitties and that is our littlest Princess with the Licorice nose (what I call her) Parveen. And the more Siamese looking guy is our littlest boy Rajeesh...

post-2629-135897686135_thumb.jpg

The big grey cat is Jack Sparrow from California. The three of them are having a pow wow over a favorite cat toy...Jack: "This is how you play the game, say "Simon says...""

Thank you for all the compliments and congrats everyone!!!! Still trying to catch up a bit...nice to see everyone...

Hi Everyone! *waving madly* still don't have home internet access, but with this heatwave and no a/c at home either, I have been spending a LOT of time at the library! Otherwise, I'm crocheting or reading in front of the fan. Heat index was 108 today, and at least we were out and about in the truck with a/c going full blast.

I'm expecting not one but 2 grandchildren by love this winter. Maggie will be born just before Christmas and "squishy" hasn't shown his/herself yet, but is due in January. So needless to say, I'm making lots of baby things! I may be in the delivery room when "squishy" is born, I know my daughter will, cause Mom is a good friend of hers who doesn't have a partner at this time. I may be invited in because she lost her mother and needs an older woman to help her in her pregnancy.

Hello everyone. Work was quiet for a change today, and I actually got out on time. I'm off tomorrow, but spending the weekend with my mom means that I have a lot to do around here.

LeAnna, you new kitties are gorgeous.

Hi, Kathy, nice to hear from you. It has finally cooled off a bit here. I don't think it even made it to 80 today.

Tam, fingers crossed that Patrick gets the job.

[ATTACH]43580[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43581[/ATTACH]

The first one should be the lighter of the two kitties and that is our littlest Princess with the Licorice nose (what I call her) Parveen. And the more Siamese looking guy is our littlest boy Rajeesh...

[ATTACH]43582[/ATTACH]

The big grey cat is Jack Sparrow from California. The three of them are having a pow wow over a favorite cat toy...Jack: "This is how you play the game, say "Simon says...""

omg...how cute!!!!

Hi Everyone! *waving madly* still don't have home internet access, but with this heatwave and no a/c at home either, I have been spending a LOT of time at the library! Otherwise, I'm crocheting or reading in front of the fan. Heat index was 108 today, and at least we were out and about in the truck with a/c going full blast.

I'm expecting not one but 2 grandchildren by love this winter. Maggie will be born just before Christmas and "squishy" hasn't shown his/herself yet, but is due in January. So needless to say, I'm making lots of baby things! I may be in the delivery room when "squishy" is born, I know my daughter will, cause Mom is a good friend of hers who doesn't have a partner at this time. I may be invited in because she lost her mother and needs an older woman to help her in her pregnancy.

Hey, stranger! Good to "see" you!!! Funny, but I was just thinking of you today...really! How's your mom?? Take it easy in that heat.:hug:manyheart

Good evening everyone :hi

Work was moving a bit slower today, I guess because I finished up yesterday, but I did read it over and made some corrections. My friend is in the process of working on it, she didn't realize it was going to be so long :lol I also sent a copy today to my cousins down in tampa that started their own business many years ago and became VERY successful and had many other smaller ventures along the way that have been equally successful :yes So I emailed it Chris and Steve (Chris is my mom's cousin and it was her mom that went to the hospital right before the family reunion :( she's doing better now though) Anyways, she text back and said she'd put in a good word for me :think :think I figured they'd have some really good constructive criticism and catch stuff that the rest of us will miss since it's not something we typically deal with.

Anyhoo, my boss stopped through today and we chatted a bit :yes One big difference of opinion we have is that I want electronic health records from the start to prevent having to convert later, plus I've found that between file folders, labels, ink, paper, and all that stuff....it's expensive that way too :yes But, I think he realizes that's something I'm going to 'splurge' on and get. He does have many great ideas in that head of his though :yes

Linda - WTG on the quilt :yay I have to watch master chef yet...that would've gotten done with my workout this morning, but seeing as I went back to sleep for an extra hour :think And the H. Kitchen is on my dvr waiting patiently (the whole season so far) :yes I have so much waiting on this dvr, I'm going to have to buy the box from the cable company when I move :eek:rofl

Judy - Only TWO drops of rain!!! How could you possibly know that only 2 drops fell :think:rofl Well, let me tell you that we got hit tonight. I was on my way home from work and was going to stop at Boston Market to get something along the way and about 2 blocks away it started and in less than 10 minutes you couldn't even see where the curbs were :eek I was very glad to have an SUV :yes

Tab - I hope you kept that energy up all day :D

Tam - :xfin for Patrick.

Trish - Wow, school already :eek

LeAnna - Kittens are adorable :manyheart

Kathy - :hi there and congrats on the babies :yay I don't feel like I know you :think (or am I just forgetting :blush)

Cindy - It's nice to get 1 slow day mixed into all the busy ones sometimes :yes Have a safe trip

:hi to everyone else :hug

Hi all,

Had a busy day and then stopped to see Ryan- who naturally was napping!!! Had a nice little visit with DD and SIL and then came home

We got the rain here around 3PM- in buckets---by the time I left work the sun was shining!

WTG on the quilt Linda!! :clap You sure are on a roll!!

Congrats on the new grandbabies to be, Kathyl!

Cindy- Glad you had an easy day at work! I keep hoping for one of those:yes

LeAnna- Nice pics:yes

Marisa- I agree with the Electronic medical records- may as well just start with them! You are lucky to have so many people that can check things out for you!!! The only one in my family who has their own business is my bro in PA- he is an optometrist--and I remember when he first started out all the work involved- plus he was starting his family at the same time:eek

Trish- Hang in there---:hug

Off to get something to eat---I was wondering why I felt hungry- and then see that it's 8PM!!!!

See you all in the AM

Hi, ladies!

Looks like the usual middle of the game implosion for AJ, Joanne:P

Marisa, it's always good to have a fresh set of eyes to read anything you write...we know what we want to put in there and often won't notice if something is missing. You're a very bright young woman.:yes

Off I go for tonight. Have a good one my friends.:hug:manyheart

Hi, ladies!

Marisa, it's always good to have a fresh set of eyes to read anything you write...we know what we want to put in there and often won't notice if something is missing. You're a very bright young woman.:yes

You're telling me!!!!! :rofl

So the doc that works in the office I'm hanging out at now read it over at the end of last week for me and thought it was great, but just one 'little' thing I seemed not to mention in 21ish pages..................PAIN :oops How in the world did I miss the most obvious point :rofl:blush

Hi, ladies!

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! And then to have Mo blow another save!!! Not good:eek

So the doc that works in the office I'm hanging out at now read it over at the end of last week for me and thought it was great, but just one 'little' thing I seemed not to mention in 21ish pages..................PAIN :oops How in the world did I miss the most obvious point :rofl:blush

:lol:lol

Good morning all and Happy Hump Day!!! Two more days of work for you Marisa!!!:yay

Time for this gal to get a move on- "slept in" this morning ;)

Hope you all have a good day- hugs all around!:hug

you're telling me!!!!! :rofl

so the doc that works in the office i'm hanging out at now read it over at the end of last week for me and thought it was great, but just one 'little' thing i seemed not to mention in 21ish pages..................pain :oops how in the world did i miss the most obvious point :rofl:blush

Maybe because it was so obvious?

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm off to a late start. My alarm went off at 6, I hit snooze 3 times and then changed it to go back off at 7 and then hit snooze 2 more times :eek:think This is getting rough, I can't wait for a real vaca next week :yay:clap This has also made me realize that I've forgotten my vitamins for a few days......well maybe a couple weeks!!!! :eek Will remedy that today.

Not much else to add at this point. 2 more threads to check and then I'll be out the door, have to stop at the wawa on my way :yes Oh, going out to dinner tonight so definitely won't make it back until the morning :D

Good morning, everyone. The battery died on my mouse yesterday and we didn't have any left in the house, so had to wait for John to get some on his way home and he didn't make it home until 8:30. Anyway! I finished the first strip of 5 blocks yesterday on the quilt, which leaves 5 more to go. I'm not sure but think I have enough material to make it 5 blocks by 7 blocks, which would be twin bed size, but I'll wait until I get closer to the end to decide if I want to do that.

Kim has a doctor's appointment this afternoon so the day will be a busy one.

[ATTACH]43580[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43581[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43582[/ATTACH]

The kitties are adorable, LeAnna.

Hi, Kathy! :hi Lucky you having two little ones to look forward to this winter. Try to keep form melting in this heat. :)

Anyhoo, my boss stopped through today and we chatted a bit :yes One big difference of opinion we have is that I want electronic health records from the start to prevent having to convert later, plus I've found that between file folders, labels, ink, paper, and all that stuff....it's expensive that way too :yes But, I think he realizes that's something I'm going to 'splurge' on and get. He does have many great ideas in that head of his though :yes

Judy - Only TWO drops of rain!!! How could you possibly know that only 2 drops fell :think:rofl Well, let me tell you that we got hit tonight. I was on my way home from work and was going to stop at Boston Market to get something along the way and about 2 blocks away it started and in less than 10 minutes you couldn't even see where the curbs were :eek I was very glad to have an SUV :yes

Sounds like a good idea to go electronic right off the bat if you're going to have to go that route down the road anyway.

That's a LOT of rain! :eek

Hi all,

Had a busy day and then stopped to see Ryan- who naturally was napping!!! Had a nice little visit with DD and SIL and then came home

Off to get something to eat---I was wondering why I felt hungry- and then see that it's 8PM!!!!

See you all in the AM

Now, Joanne, you can't expect him to be awake every time you pop in. :lol :lol :lol

Oh, NO!!!!! :eek That is why I go to a chiropractor. :lol :lol :lol

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll pop in again later. :manyheart

Good Morning! This will be quick, but hope to have more time this afternoon and tomorrow...DH had to go to San Antonio for a couple days.

Kathy ~ It's great to see you here again! It sounds like you're doing better than I would without a.c. :) I love that you are going to be a "grandmother by love" - that is so exciting! :c9

Linda ~ You are definitely on a roll! :lol Super progress!

LeAnna ~ Precious kitty pictures...and their names are too cute. :)

Hi to the rest of my House friends - have a wonderful day! :ghug

'morning, peeps!

Ooooops:lol

Good morning everyone. I have no big plans for today, except that I have a week and a half's worth of laundry waiting for me.

I hope to spend part of the day sewing something for Tams fund raiser.

Wow...I would be frying out my dryer if I waited that long! Have a good "nesting" day.

Have a good one everybody. Not much going on today - meeting a friend for coffee later on this morning and going to take a pic of my Tam project.

It was meant to be made with Vanna yarn but I used RHSS, so it's smaller...you'll see...if I can get it to show up well in a picture!

LAter, gators!

post-18634-13589768622_thumb.jpg

.::Good Morning::.

How is everyone this morning? I'm sittin' here knitting right now. workin' on a **** for my swap buddy. :D

I got a load of laundry going... kitchen clean.. more coffee on... and all of you my friends right here.

Fall Baseball practice starts Sunday. :yay I'm so excited! I :heart baseball.

Patrick has an interview for 1:30pm today. I'll run him up the road to it later. Gosh I hope he gets this little job! The hours are perfect... the pay would be good for him... and the experience / responsibility is a good thing at his age!

anyway... need a :mug refill.

catch up more later.

Archived