Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:sun .:: Good Morning House::.

so sorry for being so absent again. Hope all is well with everyone! I have a busy day of crocheting ahead of me! I have a few envelopes I need to mail out too! Right now I'm working on a baby blanket to use for the fundraiser for hubby! I'm testing Carlinda's corner to corner entrelac. In the midst of doing this ... I have gotten several ideas for more blankets! Love the pattern!

I've been super busy trying to get stuff made for the craft fair and fundraiser.....I'm nervous and excited about both.... I know by no means am I going to make tons of money... but I sure hope its enough to bring a smile to hubby's face!

okay... I need more coffee.

love you guys! Thank you for everything you have done for me and my family!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! Sorry to be MIA, again. Chemo knocked me off my feet. But, have finally figured out this new computer and think things have calmed down a bit for me. Trying to catch up here and a couple of other threads.

Baby Seth is doing great! Thank you for all your prayers. I think my dd is going to see him next week, I'm jealous.

Weather had changed and I feel FALL is in the air and just around the corner!! :yay:clap:cheer I :manyheart FALL!!!!!

I have been working on swap box for my buddy and some things for Tam for her fundraiser. Waiting on boxes to get here from PO so I can send soon. Also, making a housewarming gift for one or our church members who lost their home in the tornado and have purchased a new home.

Should be able to have show and tell in a couple of weeks. :yes

I'm going to go back and read your posts, but not sure how many I can catch up on. Will try.

Hello everyone. Worked today, and just got home. It is busy at work, but nothing like last week.

I started a baby blanket using that round afghan pattern that dd is making. I'm using yarn leftover from other projects, (yellow, pale green, blue and cream), so it is going to be "interesting". When I'm out of those four colors, I hope the blanket is big enough to call a baby blanket. I really want to get some of the yarn I have used up.

I already made a bunch of hats and a few scarves for Kiyo from leftover yarn, but I still have an awful lot of small yarn balls. Last year I used up my small balls of yarn on preemie hats and blankets for this charitable effort. I've made a few blankets for her this year, but need to get going on some more.

Hi, again. They moved my appointment up from 2:30 to 1:30 so Kim and I had to really scurry to get there on time and then had to wait until 3:10 to actually see the doctor! They were backed way, way up. Go figure! Then waited almost 15 minutes for the receipt on the charge card to get faxed to us. So we were gone for 3 hours for a 8 minute visit. :thair:rant:thair:yell And fork over $95 for the privilege (their lowest charge.) Sigh! I'll stop ranting now.

Anyway I got the body of another Uglee Doll crocheted while we were there. This one is Christmas green. Tammy, do you think that Uglee dolls would sell at your fundraiser? If so I'll stick in a few.

Hi All :hi

This is going to have to be quick, as I still have to start dinner, but I just finished downloading a few pictures. Since Phyllis asked for some new ones over the weekend :wink, I thought I could get the ball rolling. Let's see, Here are the items I am sending off to Tammy tomorrow

post-20536-135897688484_thumb.jpg

A felted ruffle purse, a newborn pinafore and hat, and a scalloped moebius cowl

Then, I have a collection of scarves and hats for Kiyo ready to ship (You just have to answer your PM and get your address to me ;))

post-20536-135897688492_thumb.jpg

Here is the Raglan Top the Lion Brand site is doing as a CAL, but which I finished a short time ago on my own

post-20536-135897688495_thumb.jpg

Finally, this is another pattern with a few alterations from the Lion Brand site for their Elegant Shell Top

post-20536-135897688498_thumb.jpg

I apologize for how short this note is. Tomorrow, I ought to have more time to chat. I DO hope you all had a good day!!

hey ladies, the whole car ride rained horribly coming on vaca, but today was nice until about a half hour ago so got a good day in at the beach :) i didnt read any posts, but wanted to make a quick check. i cant access the wifi for some reason so am on my phone. i tried to stop by on saturday, but it was a busy day. hope all is well and i'll try to get back again :hug

Hi all! Sorry to be MIA, again. Chemo knocked me off my feet. But, have finally figured out this new computer and think things have calmed down a bit for me. Trying to catch up here and a couple of other threads.

Baby Seth is doing great! Thank you for all your prayers. I think my dd is going to see him next week, I'm jealous.

Weather had changed and I feel FALL is in the air and just around the corner!! :yay:clap:cheer I :manyheart FALL!!!!!

I'm so glad you checked in - I was thinking about you earlier today and hoping you were feeling ok.

I know what you mean about the weather...the other morning it was so cool outside I was excited thinking about Fall and winter coming up! I can't wait for Lucy to experience her first snow:D

I have a funny pic of the aforesaid Miss Lucy to share...will download it tomorrow,

Hello everyone. Worked today, and just got home. It is busy at work, but nothing like last week. It makes the day go faster, being busy:yes

I started a baby blanket using that round afghan pattern that dd is making. I'm using yarn leftover from other projects, (yellow, pale green, blue and cream), so it is going to be "interesting". When I'm out of those four colors, I hope the blanket is big enough to call a baby blanket. I really want to get some of the yarn I have used up. I need to use more odds and ends, too. I think I should put together a bag of odd scraps and make pet blankets. One of these days...:lol

I already made a bunch of hats and a few scarves for Kiyo from leftover yarn, but I still have an awful lot of small yarn balls. Last year I used up my small balls of yarn on preemie hats and blankets for this charitable effort. I've made a few blankets for her this year, but need to get going on some more.

You do so much already! I don't know how you can find time for more....

This is going to have to be quick, as I still have to start dinner, but I just finished downloading a few pictures. Since Phyllis asked for some new ones over the weekend :wink, I thought I could get the ball rolling. Let's see, Here are the items I am sending off to Tammy tomorrow

[ATTACH]43898[/ATTACH]

Then, I have a collection of scarves and hats for Kiyo ready to ship (You just have to answer your PM and get your address to me ;))

[ATTACH]43899[/ATTACH]

Here is the Raglan Top the Lion Brand site is doing as a CAL, but which I finished a short time ago on my own

[ATTACH]43900[/ATTACH]

Finally, this is another pattern with a few alterations from the Lion Brand site for their Elegant Shell Top

[ATTACH]43901[/ATTACH]

I apologize for how short this note is. Tomorrow, I ought to have more time to chat. I DO hope you all had a good day!!

What beautiful work!!!:clap Your hook must be smoking!:eek

hey ladies, the whole car ride rained horribly coming on vaca, but today was nice until about a half hour ago so got a good day in at the beach :) i didnt read any posts, but wanted to make a quick check. i cant access the wifi for some reason so am on my phone. i tried to stop by on saturday, but it was a busy day. hope all is well and i'll try to get back again :hug
I'm glad you checked in - hopefully the weather wil be better the rest of the week!

Have a good night everyone!:hug

Good morning, everyone. Yesterday was a really quiet day here. I did go to brunch at Golden Corral. They had a wonderful seafood stir-fry going right now, so I had scallops & shrimp of veggies with lemon picatta sauce for brunch. I did end with a piece of fresh peach pie, but otherwise was very, very good. Spent the evening with Rosie. She is housebound and in a lot of pain. This is three weeks now that she has been pretty much on bedrest except to see doctors and it's driving her nuts! It looks like the wedding is out of the picture. She gets the results of an MRI this week and then they will know more about what is causing it and how to treat it.

Hopefully the MRI results will get the ball rolling on treatment!

So sorry about the battery lousing up your plans, but glad it wasn't something worse. Me too!!!

Thanks for the info on the Happy Yellow House. Cara was the inspiration and cheerleader for my designing efforts with crocheted squares.

I see the kidney doctor this afternoon. It's usually sit in the waiting room for a while, sit in the exam room for a while longer, see the doctor for 5 - 10 minutes and go pay the big fee. See you again in 3-6 months. Oh, well. As long as there are no changes I guess this is good news.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

Sounds like your brunch was delicious!!!

I have been working on swap box for my buddy and some things for Tam for her fundraiser. Waiting on boxes to get here from PO so I can send soon. Also, making a housewarming gift for one or our church members who lost their home in the tornado and have purchased a new home.

I'm going to go back and read your posts, but not sure how many I can catch up on. Will try.

Sorry about the chemo kicking your butt!!! Can't wait for your show and tell!!:)

Hello everyone. Worked today, and just got home. It is busy at work, but nothing like last week.

I started a baby blanket using that round afghan pattern that dd is making. I'm using yarn leftover from other projects, (yellow, pale green, blue and cream), so it is going to be "interesting". When I'm out of those four colors, I hope the blanket is big enough to call a baby blanket. I really want to get some of the yarn I have used up.

Wow- you are going to be busy! I can't wait to see the "interesting" baby blanket- like all the colors you are using

Hi, again. They moved my appointment up from 2:30 to 1:30 so Kim and I had to really scurry to get there on time and then had to wait until 3:10 to actually see the doctor! They were backed way, way up. Go figure! Then waited almost 15 minutes for the receipt on the charge card to get faxed to us. So we were gone for 3 hours for a 8 minute visit. :thair:rant:thair:yell And fork over $95 for the privilege (their lowest charge.) Sigh! I'll stop ranting now.

Anyway I got the body of another Uglee Doll crocheted while we were there. This one is Christmas green. Tammy, do you think that Uglee dolls would sell at your fundraiser? If so I'll stick in a few.

Rant on!! That is crazy to have you come in early and still not be seen till 3:10 for a8 minutes!!!!! At least is everything ok?

[ATTACH]43898[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43901[/ATTACH]

GORGEOUS!!!!! I love your work!!!!

Glad you made it to the beach- post when you can---and praying for some sunshine!!!

Judy- AJ is pitching tonight! :( There was one stretch of 516 that had some flooding- but other than that it was smooth sailing into work. We did have a storm come through by work at about 4--but thankfully, it was done by the time I left work!! But I did stop at ACMoore on the way home- and picked up some clearance Wool Ease Thick and Quick for $2.00! And then went to starbucks for an iced coffee!!!

Evening all. One last post before I call it a night.

:hi Joanne! How's that grandbaby doing?

Dusti, love the eye candy you posted. Good job!

Linda, I think the uglee dolls would be great for the fundraiser, but that's just me, I love them. And, I can sympathize with your rant about the dr. visit. They over book and over charge and you feel like you're in a drive thru when they finally see you. :(

Tab, hope your dh gets some relief soon. At least 1/26 is a cooler month to be pregnant in :)

Cindy, sounds like you have been busy with your charitable work. I need to get some done. About finished with everything for here and for the Joplin tornado victims. Hope to feel good enough to do some baby things to donate.

Judy, can't wait to see photo of ms. Lucy and her first snow! I know how Shasta was, bouncing all through it with great joy!!!

Marisa, sorry about the rain, hopefully you'll have more good than bad days.

To everyone I missed, :hi and :hug :hug :hug

Good morning!

Rise and Shine!

Toni- My GS is doing good- spent about 2 1/2 hours there on Sunday and will be stopping there tonight for a quick visit after my pedicure after work. A co-worker who is also a NY Yankee fan, bought a cute little one piece outfit in Yankee pin-stripes for Ryan.

Judy- As I was watching the 5th inning I though oh, no , here we go again!!!! Thankfully, a good double play and they got out of the inning! How do your dogs like the rain? DD's dog Belle does not like it and it took a lot of coaxing for her to get her to go outside on Sunday---

Marlene- Any word on whether DH can get an appt with the Mayo clinic?

Dusti- So what did you make for dinner last night- Your culinary talents probably equal or excel your crocheting talents!!! When do your DD's return to school? Are they getting excited for a new school year---or sad to see the summer end?

Wishing you all a good day!

Morning everyone! Just a quick drop in before I log on to work.

Joanne, you are so lucky to have Ryan close to you! I wish Jr. was closer to me. Would love to get a 5 generation photo with my mom.

Well, off I go. Talk to you all later and have a great day!

Good morning everyone!

The memorial went well without a reverend or pastor. When the 4th one couldn't do it I knew it wasn't meant to be. Kenne, my friend who was also DJing, said a few words then opened his microphone to anyone who wanted to say anything. A good handful of people spoke. It was nice and I think he would be pleased with the outcome.

Off to work soon. HAGD!

'morning, peeps! Another rainy day here. Going to get my hair done today. Hmmmm.... might be a day to go curly:D

Judy- AJ is pitching tonight! :( There was one stretch of 516 that had some flooding- but other than that it was smooth sailing into work. We did have a storm come through by work at about 4--but thankfully, it was done by the time I left work!! But I did stop at ACMoore on the way home- and picked up some clearance Wool Ease Thick and Quick for $2.00! And then went to starbucks for an iced coffee!!!

What a nice way for you to end your work day!

A co-worker who is also a NY Yankee fan, bought a cute little one piece outfit in Yankee pin-stripes for Ryan.

Oh, we need a picture of that outfit on Ryan!

Judy- As I was watching the 5th inning I though oh, no , here we go again!!!! Thankfully, a good double play and they got out of the inning!Yup...I was thinking uh-oh..but they survived.

How do your dogs like the rain? DD's dog Belle does not like it and it took a lot of coaxing for her to get her to go outside on Sunday---

Well, interesting you should mention that:lol

Sparkie is afraid of thunder but rain is okay - except Sunday's curtain of water...

Little Miss Lucy hates even a heavy rain but doesn't even notice thunder. I had to take her out on a leash and she refused to budge outside until I put out the canopy on over the patio and dragged her to a patch of mulch alaong side it. At least she peed all day. The other...well, she can really hold it. She waited over 12 hours to do THAT!

Wha a day...wet smelly towels all over the place...wet dog...because the towels don't really do anything - you'd need a hair dryer!

Good morning everyone!

The memorial went well without a reverend or pastor. When the 4th one couldn't do it I knew it wasn't meant to be. Kenne, my friend who was also DJing, said a few words then opened his microphone to anyone who wanted to say anything. A good handful of people spoke. It was nice and I think he would be pleased with the outcome.

Off to work soon. HAGD!

Definitely meant to be...those personal type memorials are the best, IMO.:hug

And Marissa...you're going to have to change your location on your profile page now!;)

Have a good day at work eveyone:hug

Good Morning! Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't run away from home. ;) Thursday night I got very sick - all the symptoms of the flu - our doctor's nurse said something flu-like is definitely "making the rounds" and they called in two prescriptions. By Friday, DH had the same thing...today is the first day either one of us feel almost normal. We always have our flu shots, but she said they wouldn't help this!

So, needless to say, I am behind on everything...again. I'll need to catch up slowly around here and then see what you all have been up to. :manyheart I've missed you!

Ms. Judy---I received your package yesterday!! THANK YOU!! The scarves are beautiful!!! I will get pictures posted soon! and a count as well!!

Dusti---I did answer my PM yesterday afternoon- did you not get the response?

Good Morning! Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't run away from home. ;) Thursday night I got very sick - all the symptoms of the flu - our doctor's nurse said something flu-like is definitely "making the rounds" and they called in two prescriptions. By Friday, DH had the same thing...today is the first day either one of us feel almost normal. We always have our flu shots, but she said they wouldn't help this!

So, needless to say, I am behind on everything...again. I'll need to catch up slowly around here and then see what you all have been up to. :manyheart I've missed you!

I was wondering....rest up! At least we know you're there. Don't rush to try and do too much:hug

Ms. Judy---I received your package yesterday!! THANK YOU!! The scarves are beautiful!!! I will get pictures posted soon! and a count as well!!

Dusti---I did answer my PM yesterday afternoon- did you not get the response?

Glad they got there! I wanted to make some different looking scarves....:hook

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- .¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning House •¨¯`•

just stoppin' in to say HI and wish everyone a great day!

I have a busy day ahead of me! Have errands to run and hopefully get some crochet time in. I have swap items to make... and stuff for the fundraiser!

I'm going to go back and read your posts, but not sure how many I can catch up on. Will try. oh honey.. I'm so sorry the chemo has hit you hard this time! Just breaks my heart! :hug I'm surper excited about getting my swap box together! I know I will be mailing at the last minute... I'm still waiting on an order and I still have a couple things I want to make! :hook

I started a baby blanket using that round afghan pattern that dd is making. I'm using yarn leftover from other projects, (yellow, pale green, blue and cream), so it is going to be "interesting". When I'm out of those four colors, I hope the blanket is big enough to call a baby blanket. I really want to get some of the yarn I have used up. ooooh... cant wait to see!!!

Hi, again. They moved my appointment up from 2:30 to 1:30 so Kim and I had to really scurry to get there on time and then had to wait until 3:10 to actually see the doctor! They were backed way, way up. Go figure! Then waited almost 15 minutes for the receipt on the charge card to get faxed to us. So we were gone for 3 hours for a 8 minute visit. :thair:rant:thair:yell And fork over $95 for the privilege (their lowest charge.) Sigh! I'll stop ranting now. Whoa:eek My goodness!

Anyway I got the body of another Uglee Doll crocheted while we were there. This one is Christmas green. Tammy, do you think that Uglee dolls would sell at your fundraiser? If so I'll stick in a few. Oh! yes! they would be wonderful! Thank you for offering hon!!! :hug

[ATTACH]43898[/ATTACH]

A felted ruffle purse, a newborn pinafore and hat, and a scalloped moebius cowl OMGoodness! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :hug

[ATTACH]43899[/ATTACH]

awesome!!!!

[ATTACH]43900[/ATTACH]

NICE!!!

[ATTACH]43901[/ATTACH]

how pretty!!

hey ladies, the whole car ride rained horribly coming on vaca, but today was nice until about a half hour ago so got a good day in at the beach :) i didnt read any posts, but wanted to make a quick check. i cant access the wifi for some reason so am on my phone. i tried to stop by on saturday, but it was a busy day. hope all is well and i'll try to get back again :hugHey sweetie! :hug

Good morning!

Rise and Shine!

Toni- My GS is doing good- spent about 2 1/2 hours there on Sunday and will be stopping there tonight for a quick visit after my pedicure after work. A co-worker who is also a NY Yankee fan, bought a cute little one piece outfit in Yankee pin-stripes for Ryan. um......... we need pics of this! :D

Wishing you all a good day!

Good morning everyone!

The memorial went well without a reverend or pastor. When the 4th one couldn't do it I knew it wasn't meant to be. Kenne, my friend who was also DJing, said a few words then opened his microphone to anyone who wanted to say anything. A good handful of people spoke. It was nice and I think he would be pleased with the outcome. :hug love ya hon! sounds like it was just right!

Off to work soon. HAGD!

Oh my ..... feel better soon hon!!!! :hug

Good morning everyone. I'm better today. And the kidney guy as put me on a special vitamin supplement as my potassium was high, which means bananas are out now too. But, I don't have to see him again for 6 months which is a plus.

I see the nurse on the diet this afternoon. Will see what she has to say. Hopefully it will help.

I got an email telling me the Miracle Noodles were shipped on Friday and they arrived yesterday. Talk about fast service. I tried them out last night. They smell funny when you open the bag, like fish or seaweed, but that goes away after rinsing and blanching them. They don't really have any flavor of their own but pick up the flavor of the sauce and seasoning you put on them beautifully. I have the rest of the package this morning with mixed veggies and spaghetti sauce and they were just as good. Expensive, but worth it if the rest of the varieties work this well.

[ATTACH]43898[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43901[/ATTACH]

Dusti, beautiful work as usual. You've really been busy.

Rant on!! That is crazy to have you come in early and still not be seen till 3:10 for a8 minutes!!!!! At least is everything ok? Answered this above, but overall it was good.

But I did stop at ACMoore on the way home- and picked up some clearance Wool Ease Thick and Quick for $2.00! And then went to starbucks for an iced coffee!!!

Got to love the yarn sales. :hook

'morning, peeps! Another rainy day here. Going to get my hair done today. Hmmmm.... might be a day to go curly:D

Sparkie is afraid of thunder but rain is okay - except Sunday's curtain of water...

Little Miss Lucy hates even a heavy rain but doesn't even notice thunder. I had to take her out on a leash and she refused to budge outside until I put out the canopy on over the patio and dragged her to a patch of mulch alaong side it. At least she peed all day. The other...well, she can really hold it. She waited over 12 hours to do THAT!

Wha a day...wet smelly towels all over the place...wet dog...because the towels don't really do anything - you'd need a hair dryer!

Ours don't particularly like going out in the rain, but will if they need to do their duty.

Oh, NO!!!!:eek Hope you get to feeling better soon. Be careful not to overdo it for a few more days, so it doesn't come back and clobber you again.

Just a couple of pics...of Miss Lucy...

This first one is from over a month ago or so

The second one is from yesterday:D

Oh, my, is she ever growing. Pretty soon nothing on that counter is going to be safe.

Wrennie, I'm glad the service went well. Thinking of you. :hug :hug :hug

Toni, thinking of you, too. Sorry the chemo is giving you such a rough time this go round. :hug :hug :hug

To everyone, hope you all have a good day. I'll catch you later. :manyheart

Judy ¸.•´¯`» Thank you so much •¨¯`•

The afghan and tote came today! I LOVE THEM and I Love You!

Thank you for helping me!!!

post-18634-135897688696_thumb.jpg

God Bless you my friend!:hug

Linda, I hope you got some good answers from the nurse. It has to be so frustrating!

Judy ¸.•´¯`» Thank you so much •¨¯`•

The afghan and tote came today! I LOVE THEM and I Love You!

Thank you for helping me!!!

[ATTACH]43961[/ATTACH]

God Bless you my friend!:hug

You're more than welcome!:hug

Checking back in. I have to tweak the diet a bit, but don't have to avoid all carbs. Thank goodness! In fact, I taught the gal several things. I brought my diet guide which she'd never seen before and loved and the information on the miracle noodles was something she'd never run into before, too. Anyway, I brought home a whole bunch of pamphlets to review, but no huge changes from what I was doing before for the most part. Most fruits aren't so good since they're full of simple sugars and a lot of starches aren't good, but I knew a good bit of that before.

Morning everyone! Just a quick drop in before I log on to work.

Joanne, you are so lucky to have Ryan close to you! I wish Jr. was closer to me. Would love to get a 5 generation photo with my mom.

Well, off I go. Talk to you all later and have a great day!

Wow 5 generations- that is so amazing to me. We only have 3 since both my Mom and grandma are gone! But we did get a three generation one the day after he was born.

Good morning everyone!

Off to work soon. HAGD!

I think it worked out just the way it was supposed to work out! :hug

So did you go curly?

What a nice way for you to end your work day! It was wonderful- My two favorite things- coffee and yarn!

Wha a day...wet smelly towels all over the place...wet dog...because the towels don't really do anything - you'd need a hair dryer! Yea, Belle didn't smell too good either!:lol

And Marissa...you're going to have to change your location on your profile page now!;)

It was busy as usual but the pedicure after work was wonderful- especially the massage chair!!! Stopped by DD's- and the little guy was asleep. The outfit is a little too big- but as soon as he wears it, i'll make sure DD takes a picture of my little Yankee fan!

Oh, that is not fun! Hope you are starting to feel better:hug

Just a couple of pics...of Miss Lucy...

This first one is from over a month ago or so

The second one is from yesterday:D

You can really see how she has grown in these pics!

Checking back in. I have to tweak the diet a bit, but don't have to avoid all carbs. Thank goodness! In fact, I taught the gal several things. I brought my diet guide which she'd never seen before and loved and the information on the miracle noodles was something she'd never run into before, too. Anyway, I brought home a whole bunch of pamphlets to review, but no huge changes from what I was doing before for the most part. Most fruits aren't so good since they're full of simple sugars and a lot of starches aren't good, but I knew a good bit of that before.
Gla that you don't have to avoid all carbs! And I chuckled that you had to teach the nutritionist some things!

Hope you ALL have a good evening- I'm off to watch the Yankees and do a little :crocheting before calling it a night!

Archived