Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:hiFriends!!

It's been aeons since I was last able to chat with you all; I missed you :ghug

Our summer has been incredibly busy, and I have not been home a whole lot to play on the computer, but, other than that, all is well up here. The highlights

• DH and I celebrated our 14th anniversary with a trip to Michigan's Upper Penninsula
  • post-20536-135897684207_thumb.jpg

• Girls took 2 sessions of swimming lessons and passed their respective levels with flying colors
  • I played nanny for 10 days in Chicago to my college friend's 18-month-old DD. What a blast!! We had such a grand time together. Do you know what broke the ice and helped us start bonding? My sparkly toenail polish :lol I do not "fuss" with my toes, and I have never gone for a pedicure, but the girls and I painted our toes one afternoon during their swimming lessons, and the paint was still on when I landed in Chicago. The little gal was soooo intrigued (her mama is even less inclined than I am to worry about her nails :P), that I asked permission to paint Little E's toes, and she was my best friend for the rest of my stay :bheart Her daddy did not even mind :whewWhatever is takes!
  • DH worked to put in the new flooring in the entryway, dining room and down one hallway, while I was gone. Since I have been home, I have been staining and sanding and staining and applying polyurethane to all of the closet doors and interior room doors. If the rain holds off, I should be able to finish the staining this weekend. We still have to replace the carpeting in the living room, and then we will move on to the kitchen. The projects are coming along nicely, if I do say so, myself.
  • The garden looks a little bedraggled, but we have not been good about consistently watering it. We have had bouts of isolated, heavy storms, but then we also have enjoyed lovely days filled with sunshine. It's summer, and I take advantage by eating lunch out-of-doors every chance I get.

So, you know, nothing terribly stressful or worrisome, just busy on this end. I thought we were going to eat dinner a short time ago, but DH came home from work and headed out to mow the lawn, since showers are supposed to hit overnight, and they would make it too wet to mow for another couple of days. I decided to turn on the computer and check-in with y'all.

Since it is Friday, here are a couple of photos.

My new, most-favorite purse -- A Lot of Ruffles Bag crocheted in Patons Classic Black and Cascade 220 Magenta

post-20536-135897684171_thumb.jpg

Blousy Baby Romper for my friend's baby shower in Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweetest Pink and Sweet Pea

post-20536-13589768419_thumb.jpg

Pretty Sundress for the little girl I took care of last week. This was made with Debra Norville's Serenity Garden yarn

post-20536-135897684194_thumb.jpg

Bucket Purse using Patons Classic in Kimono

post-20536-135897684198_thumb.jpg

Little purse for the same little girls I mentioned up above

post-20536-135897684202_thumb.jpg

I have been working on a bunch of scarves and hats using up yarn I have in storage, but I will have to snap and organize those pictures for next week's Photo Friday.

I have gone back and read the messages that I missed, but there is not any way I can comment as much as I would like to. Please do not take offence. Before I log-off, here, I just have to send out a couple of notes:

Congratulations, Joanne on becoming a new Grammy to Ryan!! He is precious. It's been wonderful to read your updates, and I am thrilled you were able to spend so much time with him (and his mum ;)) during those first few days.

Happy Birthday, Wrennie!! Sounds as though you could use a hug or two, :hug:hug, to combat your stress and sadness right now. The other ladies were right on-the-mark with their declarations of support for you. You are a wonderful lady, and we are here for you.

Congrats on the new addition to your family, too, Toni. Sounds like the perfect size (exact same as my oldest ) :yes Hope all is well with the new babe, mom and your grandson.

There is so much more I want to say... It will have to wait until tomorrow. Have a good one! It is going to take me a bit to get back in the groove, but I will give it my best shot, because I always feel so much better when I chat with you.

Happy hooking :hook

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday to our Wrennie! Have a wonderful day.

:manyheart

:cake:birthday:cake

So glad you posted this Mary!!!

:cake:bday:birthday:bday:birthday:bday:cake Remember Wrennie- You are loved!!! Happy Birthday friend!!!!:hug

Hello everyone. Another super busy day at work. I didn't sleep much last night, so I'm tired. I just wasn't sleepy when I went to bed, and I tossed and turned until around 2 AM. I'm sure I will sleep tonight!

DD is busy making this afghan out of her purple and green yarn. I am making one with her, using yarn leftover from other projects. Mine will be baby size.

Trish, my son in law allows the boys to throw balls on the house too, and it drives me crazy. They aren't allowed to do that at my house though.

We will be leaving early in the morning to spend the weekend with my mom. Oldest DD and oldest grandson are coming with us, so I stopped on my way home to buy crayons, pencils, paper, etc for him to play with in the car. (I love buying school supplies, and this was a good excuse!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WRENNIE!!:manyheart

'morning, peeps! I hope my shouting that greeting at Wrennie didn't wake anyone up:lol

I was busy at work by the time you were shouting your greeting!:lol;)

It's going to be something else!!!

I just hope the jerks in Boston don't start hitting our guys.You KNOW they'll pick on DJ first, if they do!:angry

Going to be a long game- only 3rd inning- and 0-0!!!

Happy Birthday Wrennie !!!:manyheart:yay

Linda

I hope you dont mind, but am printing off the paragraph you posted about stress :

That's part of the problem. My stress relievers aren't working too well recently. But staying busy with quilting and crocheting and reading are part of the plan. Helping out those less fortunate. Working on focussing on the possitives. Staying connected with friends. Trying to be good to myself, too. Doing what must be done to keep things as calm as possible here at home. This is wonderful--Linda- I love what it says--and I feel tha tmy stress relievers aren't working too well sometimes- especially at work- I felt so stress free when Ryan came along and I had 7 days away from work- now that I've been back for 3 days, I'm stressed out again- Need to focus on the positives in life!!! Thank you for sharing this bit of wisdom- it couldn't have come at a better time!!!!:hug

Without going into detail,let's just say it turned out as usual .I get my hopes up that it will go well, it usually doesnt, then they leave . Feels a little like a cannonball hit you in the gut. A big empty hole .

An ongoing situation,with no resolution in sight .

I'm really HOPING the kids had fun at least. We had a pizza party and birthday party for 2 of them who were the latest birthday people .

We played several games and they all laughed and had fun ,as did the adults, so that's what matters most.

Hope I can leave some good memories for them if not for anyone else .

I'm sure the kids will have good memories of the time you spent together- and it is about the kids!! Have fun watching Godzilla type movies with Cam ---is this what I have to look forward to? I sure hope Ryan likes sports!!!:yes

Good morning to everyone in the House. I forgot to mention that Kim and I shared a chocolate lovers blizzard from DQ on the way home yesterday. Scrumptious! It was the chocolate truffle one. Then last night went to the prayer shawl meeting at the church across town that Rosie & her John go to. Stayed 30 minutes longer than usual, and people were telling stories on each other and themselves. Nearly split a gut laughing. Glad you had a good evening- and this talk of a DQ Blizzard has me wanting some ice cream, which I think I'll have once I'm done posting here!

That's part of the problem. My stress relievers aren't working too well recently. But staying busy with quilting and crocheting and reading are part of the plan. Helping out those less fortunate. Working on focussing on the possitives. Staying connected with friends. Trying to be good to myself, too. Doing what must be done to keep things as calm as possible here at home.

Thinking of you all. :hug Hugs to all of you. Having such a wonderful support group sure does help. Catch you all later. :manyheart

Very good post Linda- and I appreciated your thoughts! Thanks for sharing them- and you are right- a support group of friends is awesome!:hug

Joanne

How is that new soft,squishy bundle of joy doing ?

Weekend coming up -- I bet I know what you will be doing with at least part of it !!!

Um- would that be visiting Ryan?:lol:lol:lol

Good morning everyone! Busy weekend ahead so not sure when I'll get a chance to check back in. BF has a softball tourney this weekend, so I'll be spending all day tomorrow there. We'll see how they do and if they play on Sunday. I won't go on Sunday though because my GS's first birthday party is that afternoon!:cheer Have fun at the Birthday Party:clap

Going to work on a baby blanket, tote, friendship squares and dishcloths for the remainder of the afternoon until we go to BF's sister's for dinner. Actually I'll take most of it with me as we'll end up staying and watching the Giants game anyway. They need to beat Philly!!!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!!!!

:hug:manyheart

Just like the Yankees need to beat the Red Sox!!!:clap

Hi Ladies. :)

Well, I hadn't been to our closest Walmart in a month or so until this a.m. and had a pleasant surprise. The store is only about 5 months old and they have reconfigured a huge part of it...and added a large fabric and sewing department! :cheer They also enlarged the yarn area and carry Vanna's, Pound of Love and of course RHSS. Lots more cotton yarn, too. It's about time! :yes

That's great- I noticed the fabric dept getting larger at hour Walmart too!!!

Joanne~Ryan is beautiful. :manyheart
Thank you Tab- I think so too How are your feeling?

A crazy week here this week. Just stopping in to say hello and that I'll catch up with you all tomorrow when I catch my breath!

As of 5pm, I am a GREAT GRANDMA!!!! Jr. weighed in at 7 pounds 11 ounces.

:clap:cheer:yay Congratulations!!!!!

Well, little Miss Lucy gained 10 pounds in the past month. She weighs 55.4 pounds!:eek

You should have seen me trying to get her in the car to go get weighed.

She was like a bucking bronco, Halti collar and all! I had the forsight to bring some of her treats with me and after a full 5 mintes she approached the car...I boosted her up. Getting her out was equally as interesting, but didn't take as long.

Then we went to the groomers to have her nails clipped. Nice and fast:D

By the time we got home she was much better about getting out of the car at least!

She's scheduled to be spayed on Aug.30th:(

Take it easy lifting her in/out of the car--that's not a lightweight you have there:lol Watch your back and practice 'safe lifting"- use more of your legs to save your back!

:2nono:bang:yell:thair:irk:rant:box Ok,well that explains my mood for the moment!!!!!

Bf's son(7) kicked a soccer ball in the house, knocked over a glass of soda I had on my side table and it spilled all over some of my yarn and a couple of finished projects! I can't believe it....oh actually I can since he is allowed to throw balls etc in the house! I am so angry that I can't see straight:angry. No, he did not get into trouble, just told not to kick the ball in the house, but at this very moment they are throwing a wiffle ball in the living room! This is just one of many things that are irritating me at the moment!!!!!

Sorry about the rant but I had to get it out somewhere!:hug

Rant away, Rant Away---I would also be so :angry My DD's were never allowed to throw balls in the house---and it must be hard since it is BF's son and not your own.:hug:hug:hug:hug

Our summer has been incredibly busy, and I have not been home a whole lot to play on the computer, but, other than that, all is well up here. The highlights

• DH and I celebrated our 14th anniversary with a trip to Michigan's Upper Penninsula
  • [ATTACH]43299[/ATTACH]

• Girls took 2 sessions of swimming lessons and passed their respective levels with flying colors
  • I played nanny for 10 days in Chicago to my college friend's 18-month-old DD. What a blast!! We had such a grand time together. Do you know what broke the ice and helped us start bonding? My sparkly toenail polish :lol I do not "fuss" with my toes, and I have never gone for a pedicure, but the girls and I painted our toes one afternoon during their swimming lessons, and the paint was still on when I landed in Chicago. The little gal was soooo intrigued (her mama is even less inclined than I am to worry about her nails :P), that I asked permission to paint Little E's toes, and she was my best friend for the rest of my stay :bheart Her daddy did not even mind :whewWhatever is takes!
  • DH worked to put in the new flooring in the entryway, dining room and down one hallway, while I was gone. Since I have been home, I have been staining and sanding and staining and applying polyurethane to all of the closet doors and interior room doors. If the rain holds off, I should be able to finish the staining this weekend. We still have to replace the carpeting in the living room, and then we will move on to the kitchen. The projects are coming along nicely, if I do say so, myself.
  • The garden looks a little bedraggled, but we have not been good about consistently watering it. We have had bouts of isolated, heavy storms, but then we also have enjoyed lovely days filled with sunshine. It's summer, and I take advantage by eating lunch out-of-doors every chance I get.

So, you know, nothing terribly stressful or worrisome, just busy on this end. I thought we were going to eat dinner a short time ago, but DH came home from work and headed out to mow the lawn, since showers are supposed to hit overnight, and they would make it too wet to mow for another couple of days. I decided to turn on the computer and check-in with y'all.

My new, most-favorite purse -- A Lot of Ruffles Bag crocheted in Patons Classic Black and Cascade 220 Magenta

[ATTACH]43294[/ATTACH]

Blousy Baby Romper for my friend's baby shower in Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweetest Pink and Sweet Pea

[ATTACH]43295[/ATTACH]

Pretty Sundress for the little girl I took care of last week. This was made with Debra Norville's Serenity Garden yarn

[ATTACH]43296[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43297[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43298[/ATTACH]

I have been working on a bunch of scarves and hats using up yarn I have in storage, but I will have to snap and organize those pictures for next week's Photo Friday.

I have gone back and read the messages that I missed, but there is not any way I can comment as much as I would like to. Please do not take offence. Before I log-off, here, I just have to send out a couple of notes:

Congratulations, Joanne on becoming a new Grammy to Ryan!! He is precious. It's been wonderful to read your updates, and I am thrilled you were able to spend so much time with him (and his mum ;)) during those first few days.

Happy Birthday, Wrennie!! Sounds as though you could use a hug or two, :hug:hug, to combat your stress and sadness right now. The other ladies were right on-the-mark with their declarations of support for you. You are a wonderful lady, and we are here for you.

Congrats on the new addition to your family, too, Toni. Sounds like the perfect size (exact same as my oldest ) :yes Hope all is well with the new babe, mom and your grandson.

There is so much more I want to say... It will have to wait until tomorrow. Have a good one! It is going to take me a bit to get back in the groove, but I will give it my best shot, because I always feel so much better when I chat with you.

Happy hooking :hook

Hi Dusti!!! Good to hear from you!!! I was JUST thinking of YOU yesterday and wondering how your summer was going!!! It sure sounds like you have been having a fun one!! Your projects are beautiful (as always):manyheart I feel better after stopping in to "chat" too!!! And your posts are always so nice!!!!

Cindy- Safe travels tomorrow- and I love buying school supplies too--- I went to Walmart and Target and bought about $20-25 worth of supplies and am donating them to Jersey Cares.... Hope your Mom and Dad are going ok and I'm keeping them in my prayers!!!

A crazy week here this week. Just stopping in to say hello and that I'll catch up with you all tomorrow when I catch my breath!

Oh, wow! Congratulations...:clap:clap:clap:clap

:2nono:bang:yell:thair:irk:rant:box Ok,well that explains my mood for the moment!!!!!

Bf's son(7) kicked a soccer ball in the house, knocked over a glass of soda I had on my side table and it spilled all over some of my yarn and a couple of finished projects! I can't believe it....oh actually I can since he is allowed to throw balls etc in the house! I am so angry that I can't see straight:angry. No, he did not get into trouble, just told not to kick the ball in the house, but at this very moment they are throwing a wiffle ball in the living room! This is just one of many things that are irritating me at the moment!!!!!

Sorry about the rant but I had to get it out somewhere!:hug

Rant any time, hon! And if I were in your place I would be at least as upset and angry as you are! Is there any way you can get some groundrules figured out??

Jude

Yep, it definitely sounds like Lucy plans on leaving you guys plenty of mementos of her "younger years" . She is sure growing a lot,and probably very hard for you to get her around,since you look so small .

Small? In height, maybe:lol:lol:lol I'm strong, otherwise. My eastern European heritage cimes in handy sometimes;)

• [ATTACH]43299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43294[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43295[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43296[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43297[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43298[/ATTACH]

Congratulations on your anniversary!:manyheart And it's great that so many other good things have been going on around you! I always enjoyed watching my friend's little girl when she was a toddler...you never know what will "click" with them. She always calls me her friend, and she'll be 13 this month!

You've done such beautiful work, too! I really LOVE the sun dress:c9

Hello everyone. Another super busy day at work. I didn't sleep much last night, so I'm tired. I just wasn't sleepy when I went to bed, and I tossed and turned until around 2 AM. I'm sure I will sleep tonight!

That happens to me sometimes, too -- not fun getting through the next day.

DD is busy making this afghan out of her purple and green yarn. I am making one with her, using yarn leftover from other projects. Mine will be baby size. That's a pretty pattern!

We will be leaving early in the morning to spend the weekend with my mom. Oldest DD and oldest grandson are coming with us, so I stopped on my way home to buy crayons, pencils, paper, etc for him to play with in the car. (I love buying school supplies, and this was a good excuse!)

I hope it goes well. We'll all be thinking of you:hug:hug

Going to be a long game- only 3rd inning- and 0-0!!!

Now it's 2-0 Boston...bottom of the 4th :P

Take it easy lifting her in/out of the car--that's not a lightweight you have there:lol Watch your back and practice 'safe lifting"- use more of your legs to save your back!

Oh, I haven't been able to lift the monster for months!:lol

When she wants "up" she puts her front legs on wherever she wants to go and I hold her bottom legs and she walks onto the seat/bed/whatever.

We just had some nice bonding time in the living room. Both dogs had toys to chew on...Lucy went back inside for another one...and we were all on the floor - for a while at least - in harmony. Right now she's upstairs with Phil, probably napping on th ebed, whcih she likes to do with him.

Off I g0 for the night.

Have a good one evrybody:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies!

Wrennie, Nice pics of the shepards! We had one when I was a kid.

Linda, Glad the doctor appt was better than you thought it would be. Sounds like a nice lunch with Kim.

Marisa, Glad your able to finish things up while working. It's good your Dad and Sister can help you out. Hope you had a good time at dinner with Mary and her Mom.

Mary, Hope DD is feeling better now. Glad you didn't get picked for jury duty. Her jury duty is for 3 months. I've been called once. I hope things will work out for your parents. Thanks for the Grandma commet. Good news on your Walmart. I hope Walmart will start putting craft things back in the stores they pulled it from.

Trish, Be careful going back to work especially in a different position. It sounds like your going to have a fun weekend. Rant all you need to. I would be upset to. A tip if you have an LCD tv and a ball hits that screen it could be done for. If you had one of these then maybe you could put a halt to balls in the house. I wish you luck on this.

Tam, Hope your back is much better today. You give all of us so much support and love and now we can give you something.

Cindy, Sounds like a nice time with DD. Her colors sound really nice. That afghan will certainly be pretty. Safe travels tomorrow.

Judy, Lucy sure is growing. When Roxy was a pup she chewed on the ends of rocker that I bought at a garage sale and it was hand painted. I wasn't to happy.

Tab, Hope your doing well!

Joanne, Glad Maya's bubbles brought back some nice memories for you.

To bad work is so stressful for you now. It doesn't make it much fun to go to work. Hopefully it will get better.

Julie, I'm sure the GKS went home with memories. Sorry things weren't what you expected. Great deal you made on the yarn.

Toni, Congratulations on the new GGB!

Dusti, Lovely pic of you and hubby! Love your projects-great work as always. I love the sundress! The yarn you used for the little bag, I made Maya a scarf with it. She picked it out.

Wrennie, :birthday:bday:bday:birthday Hope you had a wonderful day!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday DD, Maya and I went grocery shopping and DD picked up most of Maya's school supplies.

Last night I got on facebook and there was a link to remembering my hometown. It was so fun reminacing with everyone on there for hours. And something happened that I hope turns out well. Two girls were talking and one mentioned the other girls sisters name (Myra). I was really good friends with a girl growing up that two girls and one was Myra. So I asked if by chance there Mother's name was Denise and she moved to Texas. I was told yes and she has moved back to MI. One of the girls who is one of Denise's daughters asked me to friend her so I did. She invited me to chat and we did a little bit. I haven't seen Denise in 25-30 years. She divorced and left state and started a new life. Her daughter told me she is in her friends list and gave me her name along with her sisters. Her daughter asked me if I was from are hometown and I said yes and told her how I met her Mom and are friendship. The sad thing she told me was she didn't know her Mom went to school there. And we ended the conversation. I did say I don't know why her Mom wouldn't tell her. I have no clue why except for when she left here she let her ex-inlaws adopt the girls. Really not sure how to handle this now. I won't step on any ones toes and certainly don't want to cause any thing bad between them. The house Denise grew up in was made into a duplex and I lived in both apts. And we both named a daughter Melissa. She don't know any of that. I think I'll just sit on contacting her and see if her daughter contacts me again or if her Mom does.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hey ladies :hi

Just stopping through quick to say hello since I turned the computer on anyway to email what I have so far of my business plan to my dad and sister. I also asked a very good friend from undergrad if she'd read it over too, not necessarily for content, but for grammar :think She's a teacher and very good with that stuff :yes Me on the other hand, not my strong suit :lol She was soo excited that i asked her :lol I have some running in the morning and then hoping to zero in more to get this finished up over the weekend :xfin I also still need to unpack from getting back from my parents :eek and I guess laundry needs to be done too :sigh

I started to read today's posts but found myself not paying any mind to what I was reading, so gave up and decided I'll read in the AM. I'm exhausted and my eyes are tired, so I'm just going to head to bed :yes

Oh, but what I did catch..................

:birthday Wrennie :hug :hug :hug

Good morning!!

Rise and Shine!!! :)

I don't want to waste a minute of free time away from work!!!! Although i do have cleaning to do here--which I'll be getting on in a minute. Also need to take my car for an oil change and I like to be there when they open!!!

Marisa- Hope you had a good night at dinner- and that Mary's mom loved her PJ's!!! Good luck finishing up the business plan!!!

Judy- THE YANKEES WON!!!!!:clap:cheer (I know you know that, but I had to post because I'm happy that they pulled it off) It wasn't looking good for a while there!!!!

Off to refill the coffee and get the cleaning done- everything but vacuuming since DH is still asleep!!!

:hug:hug

Dusti- I forgot to comment on the great pic of you and your DH!! And Congrats on your wedding anniversary! Glad you had a fun time together. :manyheart

Phyllis- Thinking about you and wondering how DD's move out of the house went--hope you are hanging in there- it's an adjustment for sure!!!:hug:hug

Hi Dusti

I was wondering where you were,but assumed you were maybe on a vacation or busy working on your house . Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your babysitting adventure,and that is cute about your toenails being the first attraction .

Steph does that with her toes and her little girl's -- she loves all the little girly beauty stuff and also loves little purses and cell phones .

All the items you made are so very pretty. Thanks for sharing them. I LOVE the first purse -- so cute !! I am a purse junkie. Cannot resist buying them every chance I get .

Also,Happy anniversary ! We had ours in June --34 years ..Cannot BELIEVE it's been that long !

Tab

Forgot to mention in my last big post that I hope you are feeling ok and the pregnancy is going better now . Take care of yourself and let us know when you hear what it is !!

Cindy

I hope your visit with your mom goes well,and I think she will enjoy your grandson coming along. Older people definitely seem to love little kids ,so he might be just the person to cheer her up .

Joanne

Yep, I was talking about Ryan . I love babies when they are so little like that,so soft and squishy .Sure miss those times with Cam .

Hard to say what Ryan will enjoy as he gets older. I'm thinking he will like sports since he will be growing up in a family who loves them . Does his dad like sports as well too ?

Cam really isnt into sports. Steph signs him up each year for a sport, just because she thinks its good for him to learn how to be on a team,try out new things,and possibly find one he likes, but he really doesnt enjoy playing all that much .

He's a LOT like his dad was at that age. He also loved scarey movies and monsters, etc,so Cam is kinda like a repeat in that part of his life.

Just stopping in to say hi. Joanne, did you drink all the coffee already, or is there some left for the rest of us?

My DD's move went smoothly. An army of her friends arrived and had all her stuff moved out within about an hour. She did forget a few things, like her pillow and her phone charger and her towels - important stuff but she'll have to manage without them until she can get them. I miss her terribly, but I'm trying to focus on the good parts. Like the wall-to-wall closet I inherited and can fill up to my heart's content.

Haven't heen on the computer much or felt like talking, but just knowing you guys are here has been a big help and comfort to me. Thanks!

Happy belated birthday Wrennie, congrats new grandma, keep plugging away Marisa, hope things are getting better Tam, great advice on the in-law grandma issue and the ways to handle stress. See, I've been reading LOL Still having trouble keeping all of your names straight an my head and figuring out what's happening in each of your lives, but I'm trying.

:hug:hug:hugfor each of you.

Hi Phyllis

Thanks for dropping in .Sorry you are having trouble adjusting to your girl's moving. How old is she,and do you have other kids too ?

I have heard you mentioned before, but havent gotten to know you yet.

Are you currently working on any crochet projects, and you are the one who does the charity work that Jude does, arent you ?

That's really a wonderful thing to do with your time .

(¯` * •. ¸ ¸ • * '¯) ♥ Good Morning House ♥ (¯` * •. ¸ ¸ • * '¯)

How is everyone this fine Saturday morning?

I’m doin’ pretty good… back is better… just back to feeling its normal getting old. LOL

I do have a headache this morning that is more than its normal dullness… but so is life.. .if its not one thing its another! I wont give satan the satisfaction of getting me down. I’m plowing through and am going to have a good productive day!

Yesterday was busy… got my boys up early so we could go get my mom from the mechanic and take her to her eye appointment… she then treated us to breakfast at IHOP. Boys loved it!!!! Well I did too. J We dropped her off at her car… headed home for a little rest… then off to a Omaha Stormchasers Baseball game! Oh.. how we love baseball….. our Chasers lost… but it was a good game!

Today… I’m going to crochet crochet crochet. I was kinda wanting to work on getting my craft room back in order… but we’ll see if that falls into the day. We’ve been so good lately about getting our house back one room a time… I don’t want to stop… but I feel like all I did this last week was run.

Anyway……… life is good!

I want to first wish Wrennie a very happy belated birthday ….. love ya hon! :cake

Yes.. I hope fresh eyes looking over your paperwork helps Marisa! Whatcha have for dinner at Applebees?

Good grief Mary…………110* ? wow… stay safe hon!!! Ooooooooooh…. A new walmart with yarn and fabric… :yay

Whoa Julie………$8 for all that yarn… great deal! Now just take it slow when you play with it. Don’t want you having any more breathing issues than you already do! Have fun… but please be careful! The thing I’m doing to help raise money for hubby is a fundraiser/auction. I did however sign up for a table at a local craft fair to help also. I’m sorry things are still strained with you and your girl. But I’m sure the kids had fun and you’re right… leaving good memories with them is whats important! :hug

Julie is right Judy………….. whatever you are making to donate to my fundraiser for hubby will be absolutely perfect! Wow… Lucy is just growing quite well there…10lbs….? wow.

Hey Trish. :hi how did BFs Softball Tournament go? I am so sorry to hear about the soda incident …. OmGoodness! Sweetie! You have a right to be upset! Tossing anything in the house is so unsafe and as we see…can be destructive! I’m sorry! :hug

Tabitha :hi HI

:yay……… CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS Toni on your new great-grandbaby!!!!! :hug

DUSTI…………… there you are! Wow… such a lovely pic of you and hubby! Happy Anniversary dear! LOVE your newest projects. Your purse is adorable!

So glad you had a nice trip!!!!

Aww Cindy………. I’m so sorry you didn’t sleep well!!!! You and your DD afghans are going to be fabulous! Oh hon… have a nice visit with your mom :hug

Wow Marlene … what a situation huh? I sure hope it works out… and you get to start a new friendship with your old friend!

Phyllis…. :hug:hug :hug

Well… need a coffee refill after that catch-up…. LOL

Thank you all sooooooooooooooo much for all your love and support.. emotionally and with the fundraiser for hubby! I really do hope you all know just how much I truly appreciate it!

God Bless you ladies………… have a wonderful weekend!

:heart

:mug

Happy Birthday to our Wrennie! Have a wonderful day.

:manyheart

:cake:birthday:cake

Thank you everyone for the b-day wishes!

Morning folks --

Wrennie

wow, look at all the pups ! There arent hardly any pets on our street --- the lady across the street has an inside cat who sits in the window looking outside everyday .

That's about it --

And thats only 3.He used to have 5 but lost Kira, the mom last winter. There are cats too, not sure how many I never see them.

Happy Birthday Wrennie !!!:manyheart:yayI could certainly use it as a guideline here . Thank you for asking about the visit with our girl and family. They have come and gone -- left Wed morning .

Without going into detail,let's just say it turned out as usual .I get my hopes up that it will go well, it usually doesnt, then they leave . Feels a little like a cannonball hit you in the gut. A big empty hole .

An ongoing situation,with no resolution in sight .

I'm really HOPING the kids had fun at least. We had a pizza party and birthday party for 2 of them who were the latest birthday people .

We played several games and they all laughed and had fun ,as did the adults, so that's what matters most.

Hope I can leave some good memories for them if not for anyone else .

I am so sorry your visits are not good.:hug

:birthday:bdayWrennie!!!!!!

Good morning everyone! Busy weekend ahead so not sure when I'll get a chance to check back in. BF has a softball tourney this weekend, so I'll be spending all day tomorrow there. We'll see how they do and if they play on Sunday. I won't go on Sunday though because my GS's first birthday party is that afternoon!:cheer

Going to work on a baby blanket, tote, friendship squares and dishcloths for the remainder of the afternoon until we go to BF's sister's for dinner. Actually I'll take most of it with me as we'll end up staying and watching the Giants game anyway. They need to beat Philly!!!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!!!!

:hug:manyheart

Good luck to your Giants!

Congratulations!!!!!!! :hug:clap

Our summer has been incredibly busy, and I have not been home a whole lot to play on the computer, but, other than that, all is well up here.

Wow you are busy! Happy anniversary!

Thanks for the :hug

So glad you posted this Mary!!!

:cake:bday:birthday:bday:birthday:bday:cake Remember Wrennie- You are loved!!! Happy Birthday friend!!!!:hug

TY:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies!

Wrennie, Nice pics of the shepards! We had one when I was a kid.

Thay are beautiful dogs!

I want to first wish Wrennie a very happy belated birthday ….. love ya hon!

:heart

:mug

TY!

So I worked yesterday. Stephanie asked me earlier in the week if I was going to take off, I said no way! I'll just sit staring at the walls wishing things were different. Need work to distract me. I had to get my truck inspected so I came into work late. Well..... Our main priority at work on someones b-day is to embarrass them (in a fun way) and let everyone in town know. Steph and Debbie were busy blowing up balloons & decorating. Good thing Donna is easy going because they told me they didn't get there am work done till late. This is how my work area looked.

post-6085-135897684306_thumb.jpg

The when we were taking it all down Steph was tapping a balloon up in front of her and static took over and the balloon jumped onto her face. :rofl

post-6085-135897684339_thumb.jpg

Then last night Kenne came by with a card for me with some lottery scratch offs (darn no millions for me) and we hung out listening to music. Then our friends Steve and Barb came by so we moved it outside, Zoe their golden retriever was with them. My cat Skinny likes to kick dog butt so she doesnt come in the house.

It was a good night.

Especially sfter thursday.

I was on my way home and my truck started making a weird scraping clunking noise. I called a few people, no one home, then I found Steve home. Guess the fates were at it again because he usually isn't home that early in the evening. Well he knows how to putter on cars an has the same truck as me so he came by to take a look. Turns out after fixing my 1 brake that was starting to freeze up, that the noise was an exhaust hanger had boken and the exhaust was leaning on my drive shaft. He strapped it up for me, and I passed inspection! Phew!

It was funny he said 'we're going to need a wire hanger or something to strap it up with.' (He don't know me very good, does he) So I pulled out my strap iron and some clamps and bolts and said how about this. It's fun to really puzzle guys when they think all women know and do nothing mechanical or hardware related! You should have seen the look on his face when I brought out that 'guy' stuff. And yes its all my stuff not Martons.

Wrennie, I love the pictures!!!! You're lucky to have good friends...

And I remember when we always had used cars - I was always asking the mechanic questions so i go to be pretty knowledgeable about cars...now I don't have to be, tg. The new ones are way too complicated!

Judy- THE YANKEES WON!!!!!:clap:cheer (I know you know that, but I had to post because I'm happy that they pulled it off) It wasn't looking good for a while there!!!!

I was nervous...esp with our reliever coming in and was ready to change the channel....but stayed with it...what a pleasnat surprise!!

CU all later. Going out on errands....

Hi Tam

I hope your head lets up and the backache behaves . The reason I wondered what the items =event would be ,is I was trying to remember back when I went to shop at craft fairs what type items they had on their tables .I think small items seemed to do well for it-- like bags,slippers, hats,scarves ... then the auction would probably do best with bigger items .Not sure ,just thinking out loud.

I used to go to lots of craft shows but havent been to any in a long time .

I'm almost done with the first small item,but will definitely make more of the small items nd possibly something bigger . Gonna keep searching for cute ideas .

Did you say Sept 7th is when the sale is ?

Also, this may sound weird but I have never eaten at an IHOP . I know it's pancakes and breakfast items,but never tried them. Not even sure we have any close to us .

Wrennie

Sure enjoyed your office space that your co-workers fixed up for you -- looked very pretty ! That was nice of them to do that .

Well,Cam is here -- he called today asking me to take him shopping with some chore money he had saved up,so we just got home a bit ago . He's playing a new viideo game he got .

Sam is fixing someone's computer,and I'm gonna get some more crochet time in here while it's quiet and everyone is occupied .

I sang On the Road Again to Cam on the way home,and I dont think he enjoyed my singing very much . Can't say I blame him. My voice is somewhere between a donkey and a parakeet with his tail caught in his cage .

Getting ready to sit and crochet- did my cleaning, got the oil changed, ran some errands with DH and now I'm home!!!

Phyllis- Glad to hear that so many friends dropped by to help DD with her move--and YAY for more closet space for you!!!

Wrennie- Loved the pics and glad you had a good birthday and also that the fates were with you that Steve was home and that the truck passed inspection!!!!

Julie- To answer your question on whether my SIL likes sports- Yes he does- hockey and football! He still plays hockey sometimes with his brothers and friends. It's funny because we joke around that we wonder which hockey team Ryan will root for- My DD is a NJ Devils fan (like me) and my SIL is a NY Ranger fan. Needless to say- he got one Ranger outfit and one Devil outfit at the baby shower!!!

Judy- I did the same thing- almost turned the game off- but stuck with it---and I'm glad I did. Can't wait for today's game !!!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.:hug

Archived