Irish crochet doily

HappyOldCro

Took me a week by the time all the tiny motifs were sewn together, and it was blocked and dried, but I was determined to complete it before Christmas. Looks better in person, It is really a brighter white and only 9 1/2" by 14". It's an Annie Potter Original Pattern from the book, Irish Crochet Placemats. I used a smaller hook and thinner thread than the pattern called for to reduce it's size to fit my glass coffe table. It is cotton thread in white with 4 branches of leaves in ecru. I took the pic on a plaid silk moire pillow I had made for my black love seat.

The book was still available in PDF format on Annie's Attic...http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=6293

post-14620-135897605801_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897605805_thumb.jpg

Took me a week by the time all the tiny motifs and all were sewn together, and it was blocked and dried, but I was determined to complete it before Christmas. Looks better in person, It is really a brighter white and only 9 1/2" by 14". It's an Annie Potter Pattern. I used a smaller hook and thinner thread to reduce it's size to fit my glass coffe table. I took the pic on a plaid silk moire pillow I had made for my black love seat.

Bella ....Gorgeous.....Lovely!!:clap

Archived