Crochet Today

Got my crochet today magazine in the mail today!! Was very excited but than disappointed when I was looking through it!! There are some cute items in there but I dont know what I was really expecting!! First issue by the way!! Im kinda wishing now that I would of suscribed to crochet world as I bought one (after Id already suscribed to crochet today) and I was more impressed and excited about the patterns in crochet world!! But I think now Im just going to do both!! Until crochet today runs out!!

This is the first issue since I have been purchasing it after it premiered that I wasn't happy with either. I buy it when it comes out, due to postal issues right now, but this time I waited for a coupon and then bought it. Hopefully, it will improve in future issues. I have always liked the marjority of patterns before.

LI Roe

I am not always totally happy with every issue but overall I love my subscription. There are some issues that I totally awesome and then there are others that I am like WHAT?

• 2 months later...

I have been overall very happy with my Crochet Today subscription too. I also have a digital subscription to Crochet! and Crochet World. I am most happy with the dig8ital subscriptions because you get so much for your money -- (2 years of back issues free along with the 12 month subscription). There is occasionally an issue with all of them that I may not crochet from at first. But then a few months go by and I wind up needing something that is in one of those issues too. Just never know! I think if there is one item per issue that I actually make, I am way ahead! I enjoy browsing through the magazines from time to time. Triggers ideas! You relaly can't beat the magazine subscriptions for a bargain. Think of all the patterns over a year you get for less than $20!

Crochet Today is the only crochet magazine I subscribe to, and -- although some issues disappoint -- I still think it's the best of the lot. The one that never failed to have in it something I wanted to make is still Crochet with Heart. I subscribed until it folded, then bought most of the earlier issues on ebay to fill in my collection. It must be very difficult to come up with attractive new spins on old patterns and the same stitches month after month. These days I'm finding more ideas on ravelry.com than in magazines: I see what people are making and then seek out patterns I like from there.

I love it I never make anything out of the magazines I buy :lol But I love looking at everything.

Me, too! Once in a blue moon I'll make something out of one, but it's rare. That's why I decided to go for the digital version, too, of some of my magazines, so that I wouldn't be cluttering up the house with all of them! Now, I have the digial version to keep and I give away the paper copies. :manyheart

I prefer Crochet World over Crochet Today, too. Because of my crochet-fever I enjoy browsing and checking to see if any ideas are sparked. I have made several items from CW. I prefer the magazine in hand to digital. Ya know some future generation might need them. lol I also send some to SD youth to browse through.

I love Crochet Today. In the latest issue I took the beginner afghan and the square pattern and made a purse out of it (I made up a side gusset so it would be wider).

I love just looking through the magazines.

I've started trying to do that with patterns, seeing what else I could do with them so I feel like I've got my money's worth.

I decided to make it worth the money I had to make something from every issue, or just about every issue. Even some thing small. Like the 2 squares for the purse (and gusset and strap).

I haven't considered digital yet, but it is intriguing. Maybe with a larger portable screen like a tablet (iPad type thing but leses expensive) would get me to do that.

I like Quick and Easy crochet.

They always have 1 christmas project in every issue. And always something for a 11 1/2 in fashion doll, afghans, clothes for kids/adults, things for around the house and little quick things to crochet that I think would be good for church bazzars.

I like Quick and Easy crochet.

They always have 1 christmas project in every issue. And always something for a 11 1/2 in fashion doll, afghans, clothes for kids/adults, things for around the house and little quick things to crochet that I think would be good for church bazzars.

I didn't know Quick and Easy Crochet was still being published.

Now see I can't stand Quick and Easy (got mine through Publisher's Clearing House). Not only do I not like their patterns,but I really can't stand their layout and the newspaper feel of the pattern pages. I like the slick magazine pages of the other magazines,I find them much easier to read. My favorite by far is Crochet!

I love Crochet World and have subscribed to it for years. There have been issues of Crochet Today (which I bought at a store) that I have loved everything in it and was tempted to subscribe. Then there have been times when I have looked at it and maybe there was one or two things in an issue that I loved but everything else - forget it. So I have never susbscribed to it. Just look at it when I spot it on the magazine rack but since I don't go out shopping much anymore that is a very rare occasion. I am not sure why I don't check it out online. Guess I don't think about it when I am on the computer. I loved Annie's Attic Pattern Club and Annie's Attic Crochet Pattern magazines when they first came out in the 80s. There was some other ones such as Quick and Easy that I also enjoyed. I am like one of the other posters who also loved Crochet with Heart. I was so disappointed when that magazine folded. I loved everything in it and in every issue. I prefer having the magazine in my hand as opposed to a digital copy. I can't always get to the computer when I want as my DH is on it. Also if I want to crochet something while traveling in the car I couldn't if all I had was the digital copy. Computer is a pc and printer is not working right now. So magazines it is. Plus I save my issues with the thought of donating them someday to possible CGOA or some other organization that wants to keep a history of crochet in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.

Herrschners also had a crochet magazine for a while. I have several of those issues, similar to Crochet with Heart. Oh, to be back in the good old days of those magazines.

LI Roe

Just got my Crochet Today issue for Nov/Dec 2010. Toot toot I have to say there are several patterns I really like. Ideas streaming through my head. Plus, a cutie Santa onesie designed by Kim Guzman that caught my eye right away. I plan on making for the babies at Pine Ridge OB. Red, blue,green,pink. Thank you, Kim.

This brain needs all the help it can get these days!

Right now I am disappointed with them because of the fact that I have not gotten my subscription before it came out and it's already the 29th of September I'm not sure if anybody else is having this problem. I'm thinking of canceling will hold out until the 3rd of October and see what happens plus I wrote them from their website I can see the issue is going to be really neat things in there.

I'm also very disappointed in the issue of Crochet Today that just arrived a couple of days ago. Every since Crochet with Heart folded, crochet magazines have been a hit-or-miss proposition, and I think I'll just forget about them and buy patterns on the Web when they catch my fancy.

Archived