Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Sorry Staphanie, I'll get you both straight before long.

Carla, welcome to the group! :welcome Cara's patterns are marvelous.

I don't know about Stephanie, but I answer to anything :lol The downside to so many years in a call center type job.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello all... I haven't made a square in several days... actually I've been reading and sleeping alot - although I feel sleepy all the time... I just can't seem to get into crocheting... my allergies (seasonal) are acting up also .. if I sit in my comfie chair I fall asleep - no matter what I'm doing....

Shelly - Oh dear I went through the allergy mess last month. It just takes all the umph out of you doesn't it? Feel better soon my dear :hug

Carla - Welcome to the group! I think that's a marvelous color scheme you have planned :hug

Linda - Oh I see. Tillie is just visiting Trouble and Sarge :D

Welcome, Carla! :waving

Hi Shelly ~ We've missed you. Hope you're okay. :manyheart

I finally made some squares last night and tonight. :hook Really need to count them and start joining. Gee, I think I've said that before. :lol

I've been considering making one on this beautiful quilt-ghans. Joining this group is just the incentive I needed to get started! I'm going to use the suggested navy' date=' country blue and white for this project. :D

Carla[/quote']

:hiWelcome to the group! Its lots of fun and VERY addicting! Even my DH knows what a "saltine" is now! And btw very pretty kitty!

:rofl I completely understand! Working for a major telecommuncations company I respond to anything as long as its not vulgar!

I still :think over some of the names. I can understand names that sound like mine, but names that don't even come close? :think

I still :think over some of the names. I can understand names that sound like mine, but names that don't even come close? :think

Oh the best was when a gentleman got really mad at me and started calling me Michelle for some reason (not even close to Jessica) and kept repeating it after EVERYTHING he said!!!! :angry Whew I shouldn't talk about work yet! I don't return until the 23rd!!!!!!!

I had to laugh at the "I'll answer to anything" discussion. My username came about because of DD's friends. Her initials spelled "Sky" (before she was married) and her friends called her Sky...and still do. :) Since they all hung out at our house, I was "Skysmom." Still am!

Howdy doody everyboody,

Its nearly the end of my working week, just have thursday to go then its 3 days off again. I live for my 3 days, where I can just crochet away.

Carla welcome to the group, you will love making one or more of these blankets.

Shelly its the summer season that probably makes it hard to crochet and I too fall asleep if I get comfy in a chair. Hope your allergies clear up soon.

Mary until now I never knew why your username was Skysmom.

Hello Ladies,

Just stopping to say hi. I am still nursing my ankle and trying to work. I have not been able to make any saltines :(, But I have been playing around my ATW pattern and the colors. I know it will be done in pastels.

Everyone have a wonderful day! I will try to check back later.

Good morning, everyone. Blue skies and sunshine here today. I'm not sure when Rosie and John get back today, but I know Tillie will be happy to see her mommy and daddy again. She's been such a good girl while they've been gone.

I've started sewing together the squares for the preemie blankets and started another of the big granny square ones, too.

I think I'm going to make a mixed fruit crisp today. John got some pears that aren't good for eating raw, but mixed with some apples, strawberries, and cherries and baked with an oatmeal, flour, sugar and oil topping should be wonderful. I'm using olive oil instead of butter or margarine whenever possible as that is better for our bodies. And I'm using sugar substitute because of my diabetes. Eating healthy, but still being a treat and something sweet, which I crave frequently.

I'm off to crochet and sew. :waving

Linda that sounds very yummy. Have fun crocheting and baking today.

Selanda hope your ankles gets better soon.

I had an idea with the pet ghans. I might do a miniature ATW, Kinda like that one thats been posted here in fabric I think that turns out square. Might do that after the scrappy doo ghan is done. I got another row done on it tonight and finished the test filet, just have the border to do, minor detail.

Linda - Hmmm, fruit crisp :drool I've been meaning to make a peach one for about a month. Today might be the day :lol

Want my address to send me some :lol? I adore peach crisp!

Have you ever made it with cake? It's a recipe I got from a weight watchers meeting a few years ago. Take a can of pie filling, yellow cake mix and diet soda. Put the pie filling on the bottom, sprinkle cake mix over it, then pour soda on top in differing areas. I forget how long to bake it at, but it's not bad. I prefer the real version though. (Hmmm, that explains a lot!)

Want my address to send me some :lol? I adore peach crisp!

Have you ever made it with cake? It's a recipe I got from a weight watchers meeting a few years ago. Take a can of pie filling, yellow cake mix and diet soda. Put the pie filling on the bottom, sprinkle cake mix over it, then pour soda on top in differing areas. I forget how long to bake it at, but it's not bad. I prefer the real version though. (Hmmm, that explains a lot!)

I'm WW (lifetime) and they do talk about making cakes with diet soda.

I'm like you, I prefer the real thing...if I have to, I'll overcompensate the other way so I can have my goodies.

Thank goodness for multivitamins:lol

I'm WW (lifetime) and they do talk about making cakes with diet soda.

I'm like you, I prefer the real thing...if I have to, I'll overcompensate the other way so I can have my goodies.

Thank goodness for multivitamins:lol

Yay you! :clap:yay I'm on hiatus while I figure out why I can't do what I know how to do. On the plus side, I've been working out pretty much 5 days a week, so I'm at least not really gaining much back :blush

Yay you! :clap:yay I'm on hiatus while I figure out why I can't do what I know how to do. On the plus side, I've been working out pretty much 5 days a week, so I'm at least not really gaining much back :blush

Thanks...in September it'l be a year since I reached goal.

But it's the meetings...going to them, that is. I need the accountablility. This is the second time I've reached goal...and "friends" convinced me I knew what to do, so why go to the meetings.

I need to know I'm obligated to weigh in at least once a month so I can maintain my free membership.

So far so good...

Thanks...in September it'l be a year since I reached goal.

But it's the meetings...going to them, that is. I need the accountablility. This is the second time I've reached goal...and "friends" convinced me I knew what to do, so why go to the meetings.

I need to know I'm obligated to weigh in at least once a month so I can maintain my free membership.

So far so good...

That's been the same for me in the past, I need the meetings to keep myself on track and accountable. But for some reason I wasn't doing what I needed to do. I don't know why either, but I was rationalizing too much.

Hi Ladies. :)

Linda, you've made lots of progress on the preemie ghans. :c9 I hope you know you have made me very hungry for fruit crisp, too. :lol

Selanda ~ So sorry your ankle is still hurting, but I know from experience they take a long time to heal. :hug Please let us know how you're doing. :yes

I called the vet at 7 this a.m. and had Zoe there by 7:30. She had been just fine and then was really sick last night. She did bloodwork, etc. and thinks it's intestinal...so I just got back from picking her up and she seems to feel better. She gave her a shot and pills to start tonight. Poor Zoe. :(

Mary - Oh poor Zoe :( Hope she gets better real soon :hug

Val - Nope never tried the WW way. My way is a short way though. The way my mother made it. You use the canned peaches (hey, at least I use light peaches :lol), one yellow cake mix, pecans and a stick of margarine or butter. Lay the peaches on the bottom of the pan. Mix the cake mix, pecans and butter until it's crumbly then dump it on top of the peaches and spread it out. Bake at 350* for about 45 mins to an hour. It is sooooo decadent :drool

Judy - My sister has started WW using their Points system. I kinda found it interesting. It actually allows real food and what I consider a goodly amount of it. Hunger's never been my problem though. My problem is Dr Pepper. I always tell people I have a Body by Dr Pepper :lol

Okay I've had my morning/afternoon nap. BDs out of town until late this evening at a business meeting and of course he has to stop to see little brother who lives in Austin, too. I kinda like this having the entire day to myself once in a while :D

Archived