Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Mary, you have been busy this week if you haven't made any saltines! :eek Should we send out the emergency services?

:lol Please do!

I hope it's not too late to join in. I am going to make the Calliope quilt.

:welcome The Calliope is wonderful! What colors will you use?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the welcomes :hug

I think I have enough to do it in the colors that the pattern suggests, hmmm, although I may need to sub the orchid for something else. I can't dig through the my stash until Monday. Too much going on with this weekend being Father's Day.

i didn't either Aussie - i have not had time the last two days. the dogs at work have been working me to death. one of them decided my ponytail was a toy and nearly pulled a turf of my hair out of my head. another got hold of my lip gloss and me and the other dogs were chasing him around trying to get it out of his mouth for a full minuet!

other then that all is fine. i'm just tired. i'm going to bed, maybe i'll make some after happy hollow with my son ryu tomorrow.

happy fathers day

Hello all!

Mary, 53 solids for me, please.

I was showing my hubby what I was doing and he suggested joining the saltines with black to outline each one. And he didn't even know about our discussion of separating the solors with a black round! I kinda liked this idea so now I'm trying to figure out how to do a pretty join this way. I searched a bit last night for ideas and I'm going to search again after this message and see what I can discover. I would like to start putting some of these together before I get too many.

Thank you for the welcomes :hug

I think I have enough to do it in the colors that the pattern suggests, hmmm, although I may need to sub the orchid for something else. I can't dig through the my stash until Monday. Too much going on with this weekend being Father's Day.

Can't wait to see it! :crocheting I hope you're having a great weekend...I'm looking forward to Monday, too. :)

i didn't either Aussie - i have not had time the last two days. the dogs at work have been working me to death. one of them decided my ponytail was a toy and nearly pulled a turf of my hair out of my head. another got hold of my lip gloss and me and the other dogs were chasing him around trying to get it out of his mouth for a full minuet!

I know it's not funny, but I had to laugh. When Maggie (our Cocker) was younger, she loved to try to pull out my earrings. I quit wearing any for a long time. :lol

Mary, 9 solids for me, please. :hook

I am going to report squares as I do them for a project, or I will confuse myself.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who gets confused. :D I've added your squares.

Hello all!

Mary, 53 solids for me, please.

I was showing my hubby what I was doing and he suggested joining the saltines with black to outline each one. And he didn't even know about our discussion of separating the solors with a black round! I kinda liked this idea so now I'm trying to figure out how to do a pretty join this way. I searched a bit last night for ideas and I'm going to search again after this message and see what I can discover. I would like to start putting some of these together before I get too many.

Wow! We've got another "little square" addict. :hook 53 added!

Good Morning, Wendy! I bet the filet is beautiful. :yes When can we see a picture?

I'm driving to my parents and taking lunch. Not looking forward to the drive for the third time this week. At least the traffic isn't as bad on Sundays. :)

Good morning, everyone. Wow, everyone is so busy.

Linda M, congratulations on all those squares done so quickly. Shelly, Wendy and I will have to watch out. Several of you new gals are really turning out the squares.

Mary, have a good time with your parents. Enjoy them while you have them.

My dad died over 20 years ago. He had pancreatic cancer and died at 64. He taught me a lot about nature and rocks and fossils. I still have his uncut Lake Superior agates. Some day I hope to have a diamond saw and learn to cut them and make jewelry out of them. Today is a good day to remember him.

my Dad has been gone since 1989 I still miss him especially when I hear a joke... my Dad loved to tell jokes but he ALWAYS messed up the punch line... he also liked a good arguement and if you agreed with him too soon he'd change sides to keep it going...

My goodness you all have been busy! I've been crazy at work so haven't logged in for a few days and had to go back over 10 pages to get caught up! Welcome, Linda M and Classic Crochet, I'm a recent saltine addict and there's no going back. :lol

I'm working on a shrug for a swap I'm doing, but have my little tote bag with saltine yarn that goes with me for those times I can catch a few minutes to crochet.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda M - You are really cranking out those saltines :clap I love it!

Mary - Have a nice lunch with Mom and Dad. :hug

Sunny - Yikes! Bad doggies. Of course, I must admit I got a giggle out of the mental image of you and the other dogs chasing the one with the lip gloss :lol

I've also lost both my dads. My dad in 2000 and my wonderful step-dad in 2003 just 3 weeks after our mother died.

Let's raise a toast to all the dads out there, whether they're with us here or with us in memory :party

To Tell the truth, I have been looking around here for about 3 months or so.

I will have to figure out which one I would like to do. The Casablanca is stunning. Not sure if I am brave enough to tackle a job that big. Did you happen to do the art deco? Might do that for my daughter for christmas, in ocean blue colors.

hope your cat is better, they are such loves.

Thank You again, :)

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl ! I haven't been too active in this CAL yet, but I have in mind to do the Casa Blanca for a Christmas present. I'm sure you can do it!!

I need to get mine started the beginning of July if I want to get it and all the other projects I have going finished in time.

Well, I have made several discoveries/decisions today....

1. I could not come up with a method of joining my squares with black that I liked. So I think I will just slip stitch them together from the backside. BTW, which color do you try to match when doing this....the lighter or the darker color?

2. My saltines corners are too round, which makes the corner joins very hard to do. So I have decided to restart this one and use 2 chains instead of just 1 between the dc groups. This is making them much more square and I think will go together much easier. I have done several of them already; will post a total later.

3. The original squares won't be wasted though. I will probably do a round of black around them with the 2 chain corners and make a scarf or something with them later.

4. I am already thinking about which ghan I want to do next! Going back to the website in a few minutes and think about them again. Sounds like I am already hooked!

That's my discoveries for this afternoon.

Morning everyone :flowers

Wow everyone is speeding along with the saltines.:yay:clap

Tracy you have made 60 today well done.:yay

Shelby you will love the Casa its a beautiful one to make.

Mizmo to me it doesnt matter which color you use to sew the squares together so long as its a color of one of the squares your sewing. Also I leave a 20cm tail at the end of my square which I then use to sew the squares together it sure makes it easier. Also to get that tail to be right at the end of your square you start the second round with just 3 dcs then go round and do the other 3dcs and then slipstitch to finish.

Morning everyone :flowers

Mizmo to me it doesnt matter which color you use to sew the squares together so long as its a color of one of the squares your sewing. Also I leave a 20cm tail at the end of my square which I then use to sew the squares together it sure makes it easier. Also to get that tail to be right at the end of your square you start the second round with just 3 dcs then go round and do the other 3dcs and then slipstitch to finish.

Thanks for the tip about getting the tail of the yarn in the corner. I will try that on my next squares. That sounds like it would be better to do it that way.

Archived