Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Welcome! The Woven Blocks is a wonderful pattern and your colors sound great together. :crocheting

Thanks. :) His school colors are blue and white. I'm almost finished with a block of it, so I'll post a picture when I have it sewn together.

I'm new to CALs...these are also kinda like life discussion groups, right? Or they can be?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pickles, our family went through something like you did last year with a baby - who has done wonderfully - in NICU (in NYC). In fact, our great nephew's nurse in the unit lives up our street - and when I have an extra blanket (or hats, as I did last year) I pass them on to her.....the blankets cover the isolettes beautifully.

Paying it forward is an excellent idea.:hug

Thanks. :) His school colors are blue and white. I'm almost finished with a block of it, so I'll post a picture when I have it sewn together.

I'm new to CALs...these are also kinda like life discussion groups, right? Or they can be?

This was my first CAL, too. We love pictures! I guess it's obvious that some of us talk more than others. :blush:lol We do have lots of fun and everyone here is so nice and supportive...

WE make the CALs life discussion groups:lol:lol:lol

:lolHAHA so you noticed us chatty cathy's already?!?! sorry! But thats one of the reasons I joined this particular CAL. Not only are the patterns AWESOME but its a very friendly CAL with lots of talkers! You have to love a CAL that you don't check for a day and have to read thru 2 pages of posts when you get back! :yes

Pickles~How cool that you live across the street from HL! All of your projects are just great...I love that afghan pattern and ILTY is so nice to work with. :yarn Your little one will probably learn to crochet by the time she's 3. :lol

I'm going to pretend that I'm caught up around here and make some squares. :crocheting

:lolOh I can only hope! I learned when I was 8! She's also going to learn to play the piano as soon as she is able to sit up on the bench! :D

:lolHAHA so you noticed us chatty cathy's already?!?! sorry! But thats one of the reasons I joined this particular CAL. Not only are the patterns AWESOME but its a very friendly CAL with lots of talkers! You have to love a CAL that you don't check for a day and have to read thru 2 pages of posts when you get back! :yes

Have you visited the SKY Cal yet?:devil

Pickles, our family went through something like you did last year with a baby - who has done wonderfully - in NICU (in NYC). In fact, our great nephew's nurse in the unit lives up our street - and when I have an extra blanket (or hats, as I did last year) I pass them on to her.....the blankets cover the isolettes beautifully.

Paying it forward is an excellent idea.:hug

Thanks! I'm hoping to get more involved with my local Project Linus as well! Will keep you all posted!

Thanks! I'm hoping to get more involved with my local Project Linus as well! Will keep you all posted!

I'd never heard of it before I read your post, but I just e-mailed someone in charge of a local chapter (well, it'll be local once I get to school). I'll definitely join a CAL for it!

Hi, Robotgirl! Welcome to the group! :welcome We love to chat and love pictures even if they aren't of a quiltghan.

I messed up and went to the doctor at the wrong time. Appointment was at 10:30 and I thought it was at 11:30. Oops! :oops At least they were able to do all the blood work so I don't have to be fasting when I go back in a week and a half. :embar I'm not sure where my head was when I checked the calendar.:ohdear Oh, well. I guess it's not the end of the world. According to the scales this morning, I've lost 8 3/4 pounds in the 4 weeks I've been on this new strict diet.

I've almost finished the preemie blanket that I'm working on now. I think I can get one more done before the end of the day. That will make 5 for the 4 day weekend. Of course, I still have to put the 3 together that are made up of saltines. :lol :lol :lol At least the squares are all made.

I messed up and went to the doctor at the wrong time. Appointment was at 10:30 and I thought it was at 11:30. Oops! :oops At least they were able to do all the blood work so I don't have to be fasting when I go back in a week and a half. :embar I'm not sure where my head was when I checked the calendar.:ohdear Oh, well. I guess it's not the end of the world. According to the scales this morning, I've lost 8 3/4 pounds in the 4 weeks I've been on this new strict diet.

I almost did something similar this morning; I woke up at 10:40 and realized I had a physical therapy appointment at 11!

That's great about your diet; I bet you're proud. That's an accomplishment.

Well done on the weight loss, Linda. :yay Glad they got to do the tests. Don't worry about the missing thing, I did that a couple of weeks ago, except I was out by a whole day! I remembered at 9pm that I was supposed to be there that morning and not the next. :lol

Hi guys, I want to ask a question. What's the average size of your saltines? I'm planning a pink ribbon 'ghan to auction off and I was going to do it as a graph. But I think I like this idea better (I don't have to try and figure out which direction I'm on). The "pattern" I have is made from this picture http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200710/r193203_730745.jpg

I put it through the graphing program. The reason I asked about the average size is based on the graphing program, it's roughly 80 squares between the ends of each ribbon. If each square is about 2", that's 160", or just over 13' for that section alone. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Morning everyone

Wow the house is alive with lots of people coming and going and making lots of saltines. I love it.:yay

For the newbies the contest is a lot of fun and we have found it interesting to see how many saltines we do make.

Linda M your making a great start with your saltines. way to go.:cheer

Linda I might have to try and make some snowflakes for xmas this year, I will see if I can find some spray starch at the shops next time I go. Thats great that they still did your bloodwork even though you got the times mixed up, not all places are so nice about that. Well done on the weight loss as well thats fantastic. :clap What diet are you on.

Classiccrochet your colors sound great.

Robotgirl welcome to the group, you will love it here at the happy house and will find you will become addicted to making saltines. The Woven Blocks is a great one to do.

Pickles wow your getting really busy there.

Cara, Judy, Mary, Tracy and everyone else :hi, hope i havent missed anyone.

Linda - those snowflakes are gorgeous. I make lots of snowflakes to sell at my winter craft show. I have one lady that buys several every year. I'm always looking for new patterns for them. So, I know what I am saying when I tell you how great yours are!!

And, way to go on the weight loss!

Mary - I love that Casa and I will need the cheers as I go!

For those who think this CAL is chatty, you need to check out the "sky" CAL. We really get going over there!!

Mary, 60 solids for me today! :clap I was on a roll! I don't expect anywhere near that many the next couple of days or so...have several other things I need to do but will still try to get a few in along the way.

Didn't someone mention log cabins a day or so ago? Are there samples of them anywhere to see? I love the log cabin designs and am always looking at different color schemes for them.

Hi guys, I want to ask a question. What's the average size of your saltines? I'm planning a pink ribbon 'ghan to auction off and I was going to do it as a graph. But I think I like this idea better (I don't have to try and figure out which direction I'm on). The "pattern" I have is made from this picture http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200710/r193203_730745.jpg

I put it through the graphing program. The reason I asked about the average size is based on the graphing program, it's roughly 80 squares between the ends of each ribbon. If each square is about 2", that's 160", or just over 13' for that section alone. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi! Using an H hook, my squares are close to 2 1/2". Sorry - I'm not much help with the design part. :think

Linda~Congratulations on so many preemie ghans and on the fantastic weight loss! :manyheart

Tracy, I added your squares. :)

Linda M. ~ Wow! 60 more squares added. :yay

I finally made some time to crochet this evening and it feels great to get some more squares made. I also added one row to my Stitch Sampler. :hook

See you all tomorrow.

Hi, everyone. Just finished the third 18" preemie afghan for the day. I still have to put together the three that are made out of saltines, too.

Prizm, I use a size I hook and crochet fairly loosely, so my squares are about 3" across. I can visualize the pattern done with saltines but I don't know how to explain it to you. Would you like me to take a crack at making up the pattern using saltines? I can't tell you exactly how I convert pictures into patterns, because part of it is done in my subconscious without me really knowing how I do what I do.

You gals would not like the diet I'm on. Basically it is no salt, low fat, only 20 grams of protein total per day (which means no beef, pork, fish, poultry, sea food, eggs, nuts, or beans), only 3 servings of bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. per day, no dairy products, & no citrus fruit, which leaves fruit and some vegetables. :thumbdown

Prizm, I use a size I hook and crochet fairly loosely, so my squares are about 3" across. I can visualize the pattern done with saltines but I don't know how to explain it to you. Would you like me to take a crack at making up the pattern using saltines? I can't tell you exactly how I convert pictures into patterns, because part of it is done in my subconscious without me really knowing how I do what I do.

I appreciate the offer and if you want to, feel free. I think I'm gonna have to play around with the chart for this a bit. I like how the two ribbons form a heart, so I'll find a way, I improvise well :D

Archived