Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

25 12-inch squares?!?!?!?!?! :eek

Joyce as Cara says its great to do the ducky in rows then you can see the picture develop. 25 12 inch squares oh my.

Yes, 25, 12 inch squares. I've tried to figure out another way, but she wants one like the rose afghan I made, just with leaves instead of roses. But I get sooooooooooo bored doing 12 inch squares and can only do about two a night (I have eight done now though, thanks to a long weekend).

Anyway, thanks again to all for responses.

joyce

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joyce, that is VERY pretty. :drool Is it your own pattern? Do the roses and leaves get put on afterwards?

It's a variation on this Maggie Weldon pattern. I made the squares about 12 inches (the rose is crocheted and then the square crocheted around the rose) the leaves are sewn on separate and, obviously, I didn't put it together like the afghan in the pattern, I used Dudessembly. It's a nice size and the recipient loved it, tho she won't allow anyone to use it:hook

Thanks Tracy!

Joyce

My cousin swears by this stuff. She said they'd tried many things until the doctor recommended it. She likes it so much she gives it as part of baby shower gifts :lol

Funny you mentioned this....when my niece was a baby (back in the day) she had tummy problems and they gave her fennel tea.....

...and Cara, that's the entire point of WW and the points system: you can eat REAL food! It's strictly portion control and (overall) making the right choices.

Good morning, everyone. Rosie and John got home late last night. Rosie's time clock is still on Mountain Time and she's exhausted. John's tired, too, but not as bad. Tillie's so happy to have them home.

Good Morning, all. :) I'm just here for a minute...thunder and lightning going on. We need the rain, so no complaints.

Linda M. ~ Another 50 added...great progress. :hook

classic crochet ~ Hi! Looking forward to seeing your first picture. :yes

Hi Miss Wendy. :)

Linda, I love the name Tillie...Rosie and John sound like wonderful neighbors. I hope their daughters are both doing well.

Zoe has perked up a little but still hasn't eaten...even tuna doesn't work. Dr. Cass said not to worry unless she hasn't eaten by tomorrow.

The power just went off again and my battery is going. Have a good morning.

Mary - Goodness y'all are getting it worse than us if your power is failing. Stay safe :hug I sure hope Zoe gets better real soon. How old is she?

Linda - I bet Tillie was very excited to see her mommy and daddy. You were very nice to watch her for them :manyheart

It's pouring down at our end of the Interstate, too. That's put our day out on hold for now. Too much slip and fall risk. Plus, when you walk as slow as I do you get drenched :lol It's supposed to stop after lunch so we'll go then.

Only thing I must do today is take Tuon back for another glucose test at 5. I sure hope it's gone down some. Poor little thing is getting bare minimum food in her opinion. It's actually the high end of the recommended amount :lol She's been super perky the last few days which is fabulous! More like her old self :cat

Ugh, I haven't gotten many squares done today or yesterday...I got too distracted by other projects, like setting up my Etsy shop and making up a drawstring bag pattern (finally, I have a project to go with the lovely brown and blue yarn I'd been eyeing!).

Hopefully I'll have more progress to report by the end of the day...problem is, my boyfriend's coming over later, and I have to hide it all when he's here since it's for him!:lol

Cara - I hope you'll let us know how Tuon is doing!

Hi everyone. It sure has been quiet here today. :think The storms were gone by about 10, but the power was off for quite a while after that. It's amazing what can't be done without electricity...like laundry, dishwasher, computer time. So I sat on the patio and crocheted. :lol

34 solid squares for me today. :hook

Stephanie ~ Good for you for setting up an Etsy shop and designing your own patterns. :cheer We love pictures anytime!

Cara, I hope you've had a good day and were able to get out for a while. :manyheart

Morning everyone

Mary hope Zoe gets better soon and the weather calms down for ya. Its amazing what little we can do now with no power.

Cara goodluck at the vets with Tuon.

Stephanie congratulations on opening up a etsy shop.

Hi :hi to everyone else.

Its my day off and Im going to crochet and hopefully do some washing.

Hi Everyone,

Been keeping busy last couple days making my new snack....I believe they're called "saltines." I've made 50 in between all the other fun :P stuff I have to do. The site to post photos in is no longer accepting new members :(. Is there some place else I can view all your beautiful work? :think

:hug

The site to post photos in is no longer accepting new members :(. Is there some place else I can view all your beautiful work? :think

:hug

Are you taling about Photobucket??:think

Hi, Wendy and Tracy!!:hug

S-D-R is finishing packing tonight for a weekend business trip to Phoenix, Arizona tomorrow morning.

I'll miss him, but have plans to get some :crochetingdone while the furbabies sleep their days away.

Carla ~ I'd forgotten about the photo site that a member set up for us to post pictures last year...but I know it didn't get a lot of response. For now, there isn't a place where all photos are posted together. :)

Tracy ~ I'll bet you're about finished with the Bus ghan! I added your next 35. :hook

Carla ~ I'd forgotten about the photo site that a member set up for us to post pictures last year...but I know it didn't get a lot of response. For now, there isn't a place where all photos are posted together. :)

Oh, I forgot about that, too!

Tracy, I'll dig out the laptop tomorrow and put it on the kitchen table so I'll can visit you guys a lot! ;)

Archived