Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Good morning ladies :flower

Sorry I was MIA most of the day yesterday. Tuon was giving me fits and I wasn't feeling very well. She doesn't like this restricted diet at all. Yesterday she had another glucose test and it only went down 17 points :( She goes again Thursday. Hopefully it'll be better by then. In the meantime all she does is cry wanting more food. Breaks my heart :( She seems better this morning though.

Prizm - Using a "G" hook I get a gauge of 2 1/2" for a saltine. Linda is fabulous at taking a challenging pattern and converting them :yes

Linda - Oh my goodness. That doesn't sound like a fun diet at all. But I guess sometimes we do what we have to do. Hang in there, hon :hug

Pickles - If I were you I would be in HL every day for fear I might miss something :lol I don't know how you have any money left :lol

M - 60 saltines?! You really have this down :clap

Wendy - Well, you're no slouch either are you? Excellent job :clap

Judy - How's S-D-R today? Did they take that thing out?

Robotgirl - Welcome to the group :hug I love the sound of your color scheme. May we ask your first name? Makes it a might more friendly. Not necessary at all though :D

Okay, hopefully things will go better today. Maybe I can get a little cleaning done. I always think it's a disaster even though it's not really. Pretty much my sewing machine and stuff is still out which is bugging me. Guess I'll put it away for now :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara - give Tuon a scritch for me. Poor thing she sure is having a time. I can't stand to hear them cry for food so I know what you are going through.

Reo had to have an abscess on his face opened not too long ago and he wanted outside in the worst way. I couldn't leave him out and it was about all we could stand to hear him cry and watch him pace the house.

Good morning everyone!

Cara are they monitoring her glucose on a weekly basis at the moment and is the vet happy with how she is going.

Every four or five days they test it again. He was happy til yesterday with just the 17 points. Kinda chewed me out. Not really chewed because I would've found a new vet. I won't tolerate that. He just said to make absolutely certain that the insulin was well mixed. I'm doing my absolute best. I haven't lost sleep and spent all this money not to hold up my end :irk Sometimes though I feel like we're getting the diabetes under control just to have the FIP take over if that's what's going on. It's just getting frustrating. Hopefully Thursday will hold good news :yes

Cara wow thats a bit rough to say that you need to do better with the insulin, its alright for him, he is used to giving cats needles. Your really doing great, Im keeping my fingers crossed for Tuon, hope Thursdays test goes well. :hug

Good morning, everyone. It's sunny with some very high scatted clouds here today. The temp isn't too bad so far today.

Rosie and John get home tomorrow. I know Tillie will be glad to have her mommy and daddy home at last, but she's been a very good girl for me. Not one mess in the house while they've been gone. And she seems happy and bouncy whenever I'm over there. :dog She's even eating her dry dog food, which John didn't think she'd do. She's almost to the bottom of the bag they left for her.:lol

I have all the ends to hide today on the preemie ghans and have to put together the three that I'm making out of squares. Then on to the baby blanket I'm doing for my friend. I really like how it's turning out. I'd never done the star stitch before, but it is pretty and oh so soft.

Cara, hang in there. I know you're doing a good job with little Tuon. :cat It does hurt to hear them crying, but it's for her own good even though she doesn't understand that. :hug

Have a good day, everyone. Happy crocheting to those that get to fit it into their busy schedules.:hook

Robotgirl - Welcome to the group :hug I love the sound of your color scheme. May we ask your first name? Makes it a might more friendly. Not necessary at all though :D

Cara, my first name is Stephanie. Stephanie or Steph is fine with me, whatever people like to call me.

Well, I have all the squares for the first block finished, so now it's just a matter of stitching them all together, which is more labor-intensive than I thought. I'll have plenty of time to work on it today, though; I'm helping my dad with his Microsoft Office class at the local community college. The closer I got to college, the more serious he got about going back to school himself.

Cara, I really hope Tuon keeps showing progress; it's always hard to watch a pet in distress.

Cara and Linda, what program do you use to create your graphs? I can't draw, so ideally I'd like to be able to put this picture into a program (microvelt isn't quite working the way I want it to), show graph lines and be able to adjust squares as needed. Any suggestions? Thanks again for all your help.

Cara, :hug for Tuon and you. You are doing your best, so keep up the good work.

Welcome Stephanie :welcome

No saltines done today yet and I feel exhausted. :eek I haven't done much, just finished one hat for the lady in London, almost finished the second and been to school for a meeting about the fete and took Kyla to the dentist. I shouldn't be so tired for doing so little. I think I might also be a bit depressed because my yarn hasn't arrived yet. :lol I don't have much patience when waiting for my crochet things. :D I did buy a knitting magazine because it looked like it was interesting and it had free bamboo crochet hooks, but not very impressed with the magazine and I gave Kyla the hooks, to make her eye her own instead of staring at mine all the time. :devil

Cara and Linda, what program do you use to create your graphs? I can't draw, so ideally I'd like to be able to put this picture into a program (microvelt isn't quite working the way I want it to), show graph lines and be able to adjust squares as needed. Any suggestions? Thanks again for all your help.

Cara and I use PaintShop Pro. I think we've got different versions, but they work pretty much the same. It took me a while to get the hang of the graphing part, but now it's fairly easy to get the effects I want. I still mess up occasionally, but not nearly as often.

I've managed to get all the tails woven in on the 3 granny preemie afghans and have started in on the saltines now. I now have a small pile of squares ready to put together and a large pile of squares still to prep. :lol :lol :lol But at least there are two piles now.

Sounds like you've been busy all day, Tracy.

Wow...got the Insta-Headache earlier and had to go lie down. That was 9 a.m. and I didn't get up until 1! I'm not gonna sleep tonight :lol

Prizm - Yes, like Linda said we use Paint Shop Pro. I use a master grid that I came up with over 11 years ago when I started doing the quilts. It still requires drawing but it's really very "little kid with graph paper and crayons" type of drawing :lol May I ask your first name as well? You probably gave it and I missed it :P

Stephanie - Getting the squares together can seem laborious at first. After all this time it's turned into a kinda Zen thing for me though. I love sewing as well as crochet though. I find hand sewing relaxing :yes

Linda - Did I miss something? Who is Tillie? Did we get a new furbaby? You know of course we'll need photos :manyheart

Okay, now that I'm actually wide awake for the first time in two weeks (think I'm suffering that same exhaustion Tracy is having) I'm gonna spend some quality time with my hook and book :hook

Prizm - Yes, like Linda said we use Paint Shop Pro. I use a master grid that I came up with over 11 years ago when I started doing the quilts. It still requires drawing but it's really very "little kid with graph paper and crayons" type of drawing :lol May I ask your first name as well? You probably gave it and I missed it :P

Okay, now that I'm actually wide awake for the first time in two weeks (think I'm suffering that same exhaustion Tracy is having) I'm gonna spend some quality time with my hook and book :hook

I may have given it in my intro thread. My name is Val. As for the master grid, I can't draw :(, never could. I used to pass art class by asking the teacher for help then tracing over what she drew. I'll have to look into Paintshop Pro tonight when I get home. Thanks!

I may have given it in my intro thread. My name is Val. As for the master grid, I can't draw :(, never could. I used to pass art class by asking the teacher for help then tracing over what she drew. I'll have to look into Paintshop Pro tonight when I get home. Thanks!

Val - You can use any paint type program I'd imagine. I am pretty sure Tabby (another member) uses just the basic Paint program that came with her computer. :yes

Can I ask y'alls opinion about something? Sure hope this post isn't against the rules but I need opinions.

I've gotten lots of folks that want to donate money to the site so I was thinking of adding one of those PayPal donate buttons to the site.

Also, I'm getting a pretty big stack of completed ghans around here. Do y'all think it would be totally tacky to add the donate button and maybe sell 3 or 4 of the quilts on the site?

I've kinda prided myself on keeping it absolutely free of money talk but the fees are getting higher the more popular the site gets. Not that we mind paying it one little bit, but I really, really really did not expect the site to become what it is. I expected maybe 1000 hits a month at most...we're getting about one million a month! :eek That's a great thing but it gets costly. So, anyway, what do y'all think? :think

Hi Ladies! I though I had posted this a.m. but I didn't and then the day got crazy.

Wendy~WTG on 43 more squares. :hook

Cara, I think that your ideas for your site are wonderful! You have been so generous with your patterns, advice, and friendship...you deserve some help with the costs. :manyheart No doubt your ghans will sell quickly; your work is beautiful! Of course that means you can never quit making saltines. :devil

I agree, I don't see anything wrong with adding a donations feature, or with selling your own work on your site. Your patterns are wonderful, and I'm sure people would love to help out with the site.

By the way...I wanted to see what my color modifications would look like for the Woven Blocks pattern, so I did a mock-up in Publisher and would love opinions:

wovenblocksmodified.jpg

Linda - Did I miss something? Who is Tillie? Did we get a new furbaby? You know of course we'll need photos :manyheart

Tillie is Rosie and John's furbaby, whom I'm pet sitting while they are in Colorado with their daughter and their new grandson.

I've gotten lots of folks that want to donate money to the site so I was thinking of adding one of those PayPal donate buttons to the site.

Also, I'm getting a pretty big stack of completed ghans around here. Do y'all think it would be totally tacky to add the donate button and maybe sell 3 or 4 of the quilts on the site?

I've kinda prided myself on keeping it absolutely free of money talk but the fees are getting higher the more popular the site gets. Not that we mind paying it one little bit, but I really, really really did not expect the site to become what it is. I expected maybe 1000 hits a month at most...we're getting about one million a month! :eek That's a great thing but it gets costly. So, anyway, what do y'all think? :think

Cara, I see absolutely nothing wrong with having a donation button on your site or with selling your ghans either. Go for it. I suspect that a lot of people who use your patterns will want to gift you something for making them available.

By the way...I wanted to see what my color modifications would look like for the Woven Blocks pattern, so I did a mock-up in Publisher and would love opinions:

wovenblocksmodified.jpg

Val, I think your changes are very nice. It gives it a different look, but a nice one.

Val, I think your changes are very nice. It gives it a different look, but a nice one.

I'm Stephanie; Val is Prizm. :) Thanks for the comments.

Good Morning Saltinemakers :hi

Cara your patterns are the best and I think the paypal donate would be an excellent idea. I would certainly donate. I also think it would be nice to sell some of your blankets on there.

Steph the pattern looks great in those colors.

I'm Stephanie; Val is Prizm. :) Thanks for the comments.

Sorry Staphanie, I'll get you both straight before long.

Carla, welcome to the group! :welcome Cara's patterns are marvelous.

Archived