Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary ~ 51 solids, 13 bi-colors, and 8 4-colors for me. I finally finished the squares for another preemie blanket and another block for the Painted Desert.

I'm making slow but steady progress on the baby blanket, too. I'm almost half way through this audio-book. I've done two loads of wash, too. I guess I've accomplished more today than I realized.

Cara, and everyone,

I am not doing this CAL YET (I'll be doing the ducky cuddle for a baby due in Oct. soon) but I wanted to pop in and tell Cara how beautiful the new patterns she posted are.

Maybe I'll see ya' when I start the duck cuddle.

Joyce

Hi Ladies, it's been a really hectic day with family "stuff" and it seems it's been that way all week. :( I always try to keep up with you all and don't want to miss anything. :lol

Tracy and Linda~I've added you to the totals. :hook

Cara, your site looks wonderful. Thank you for adding the new patterns. :manyheart

Joyce, please join in! I think "Just Ducky" is adorable. I thoroughly enjoyed making that pattern and plan on making another one. :yes

Hi, Joyce!:hi Hope you'll be joining us soon. The more the merrier.

I'm about to go to bed. John and Kim and their friends, Chris and Ezra, will be getting in between 5:00 and 6:00 or so tomorrow evening. The baby blanket is 1/4 done now. It's very pretty and the pattern is beautifully soft to the touch. I've finally gotten the star stitch down, too. I just have to be extra careful with the first and last star stitch of each row. They are slightly different from the regular star stitches.

Howdy doody everyone,

Cara I like your website and like the checkerboard pillow.

Linda great progress on the saltines.

Joyce welcome to the group, you will love making these patterns.

Im off to make some saltines for my scrappydoo ghan.

Thanks for the welcome all. I won't be able to keep up all that well until I start on the quiltghan, but I am looking forward to joining in when I start making saltines! I already have been trying to figure out which one to make for ME! :lol

Joyce

Mary, I have completed 41 saltines, all solid. Not bad for just getting my yarn yesterday.

Pickles, I love this hook. Sorry yours isn't smooth. Mine is nice and slick. Maybe you just got a bad one?

I think I will pick up some black yarn today if I can; it definitely won't hurt to have some on hand :D and I can try a few around the pieces and see how I like them better. I'm still thinking to not use them but we'll see. I'll probably want a black edging around it all anyway.

Today is National Knit in Public Day but I am going to make it Crochet in Public Day! I am going with my husband today to a gun show and I will sit in the lobby making saltines while he is in there. Then when he finishes, we will go shopping. I plan to check out the Hobby Lobby and probably their Michaels while there...this is in a city about 45 miles from me so they may have different stock than our local Michaels does.

I may even start puttting some of the saltines together today and see how they are looking. I could put the pinks rounds together for a start. I also have all the first two rounds of blues done. If I don't use the blacks, I could add the blues on too. We'll see.

Cara, love the updates and new patterns!

Oh, forgot to add.......

I found a lovely shawl pattern while surfing the show and tell here yesterday morning. It is Eva's shawl. I love this one! I have done a good bit of lace knitting but never any lace crochet but I plan to give this one a try. We are going on a cruise in Sept and would love to have this to wear in the dining room at dinner. And I already have some perfect yarn for it. So must start that in the next few days, too, and see how it goes.

Good morning ladies :flower

K - Oh geez, I forgot about the log cabins. Could I get a link to where they are, pretty please? :D

Joyce - Welcome! Did you make that afghan in your avatar? Totally cool :yes

Sunny - You are a saltine making machine! Great work :clap

Linda M - 41 squares since yesterday?!? That's excellent :clap Yes, I would suggest joining them before you get too many backed up. Takes all the fun out of it unless you're like me and like the sewing too :lol

Wendy - Woo Emma! :cheer

Tracy - Hmm, might have to email someone and see if they'll let me add that photo once we get the gallery straight :scrachin Thanks for the link :hug

Good morning, everyone. It looks like everyone is busy making saltines and other assorted pretties. I have to do some laundry and vacuumming today before John & Kim get home. And a little straightening up, too. Not too much. I'm really hurting today, so it may just be the bare minimum to get by. :sigh Sigh! Oh, well. This to shall pass. I hope. :coffee I need some tea! That will probably help to perk me up.

Joyce - Welcome! Did you make that afghan in your avatar? Totally cool :yes

Thanks Cara, yeah, i made it for a friend's son. My first graphing attempt. You can see the post at my blog, including a slideshow of progress.

Joyce

Good Morning, all. :)

Linda M~Super progress already! I've added your name and 41 squares to the list. :yes

Wendy~24 squares added for you, too.

Sunny, I'm confused - Help! I know I've already added squares for the cat ghan in the last few days...and I don't separate them by which project you're reporting. Do you just have the squares since your last post? Thank you. :manyheart

I'm taking lunch to Mom and Dad's tomorrow, so today will be cooking and more cooking. :lol DH leaves again in the morning, so DD and her DH are coming over later today for an early Father's Day. I didn't make even one square this week...that will change soon. :hook

I hope it's not too late to join in. I am going to make the Calliope quilt.

Of course it's not too late to join!! Welcome to the group. :welcome Glad to have you with us.

Good Morning, all. :)

Linda M~Super progress already! I've added your name and 41 squares to the list. :yes

Wendy~24 squares added for you, too.

Sunny, I'm confused - Help! I know I've already added squares for the cat ghan in the last few days...and I don't separate them by which project you're reporting. Do you just have the squares since your last post? Thank you. :manyheart

I'm taking lunch to Mom and Dad's tomorrow, so today will be cooking and more cooking. :lol DH leaves again in the morning, so DD and her DH are coming over later today for an early Father's Day. I didn't make even one square this week...that will change soon. :hook

ok, i was confused too. i have not been working on the cassa and this is my total for the last week. i think you may have added all these execpt for the new 16 solids and 2 bi colors. :think

Archived