Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

~~~~~~ :welcometo our House ~~~~

This is a long running CAL, which originally started when a group began making quiltghans ,using patterns from this website:

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/

Some of us have been here a long time, others are new members .

Everyone is welcome ,whether you just found Crochetville, or if you've been a member since the beginning .

Our goal is to make this into a friendly place where there's no pressure ,no timelines ,and everyone can work on their own projects at their own pace .

Come on in . :yes

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh dear, I might just be getting myself into trouble. :blush Found a UK website with cheap acrylic yarns. I am at the checkout stage and just need to click.....

Did you click? :D

Oh dear, I might just be getting myself into trouble. :blush Found a UK website with cheap acrylic yarns. I am at the checkout stage and just need to click.....

AGGGH you are killing me here! did you click? what did you find? what is this website? you need to share this info you know the rest of us are itching to check it out!!!! :yes

I have a mega stash, :hook not a whole lot of the same colors though, " good excuse to go to the yarn store " Thank goodness I have a whole closet that I can stash it in. :D I will have to see what I can come up with.

Thanks again,

Cheryl

Oh a fellow yarn stasher like myself! :manyheart

Oh a fellow yarn stasher like myself! :manyheart

The yarn calls me from across the store..... I usually buy it on clearance or on sale, but now I have a bunch of stuff that I will probably never use, or dont know what to do with it!!

Cheryl

The yarn calls me from across the store..... I usually buy it on clearance or on sale, but now I have a bunch of stuff that I will probably never use, or dont know what to do with it!!

Cheryl

OOOH Clearance yarn calls me from across the street!!! (from the Hobby Lobby that I can see from my apartment!) I'm a sucker for anything thats on clearance even if I may never use it!

OOOH Clearance yarn calls me from across the street!!! (from the Hobby Lobby that I can see from my apartment!) I'm a sucker for anything thats on clearance even if I may never use it!

LOL If I had a hobby lobby across the street, I would be divorced from my husband and my daughter... I love that store. I would probably try and move in.. :cheer:hook

I have a bro in albequerque.. small world.

Cheryl

AGGGH you are killing me here! did you click? what did you find? what is this website? you need to share this info you know the rest of us are itching to check it out!!!! :yes

I didn't click yet, I am trying to find out what they mean by saying that the yarn is waxed and has washing instructions. :lol I am using this site. I am hoping it is something simple because I am ITCHING to click the button. :devil

Cheryl, I meant to say you could make the ATW as well if you want to use up stash. :devil A few of us are making one. :hook

Hello everyone. May I join you? My name is Linda and I live in KY. I learned to crochet many moons ago and have been crocheting off and on....more off than on I must say...ever since. I just found these beautiful crochet quilt patterns last night and am in Love! I want to do these! I think I have finally narrowed it down to the gingham one but I want to make it bigger as a full sized afghan. I am thinking about 21 squares--or saltines as I've seen them called here--across by 27 or 29 down. I am thinking about using Vannas Choice in the purple, dusty purple, and possibly the variegated purple for the light squares. I don't want a pure white for the light one and I didn't see an off white one available. What do you think? Also, are the dye lots that important in this type of pattern? As long as they look the same in the skein?

Sorry for the long first post but I am excited about starting this project which I am sure will be the first of many of the afghans.

Linda in KY

Hello everyone. May I join you? My name is Linda and I live in KY. I learned to crochet many moons ago and have been crocheting off and on....more off than on I must say...ever since. I just found these beautiful crochet quilt patterns last night and am in Love! I want to do these! I think I have finally narrowed it down to the gingham one but I want to make it bigger as a full sized afghan. I am thinking about 21 squares--or saltines as I've seen them called here--across by 27 or 29 down. I am thinking about using Vannas Choice in the purple, dusty purple, and possibly the variegated purple for the light squares. I don't want a pure white for the light one and I didn't see an off white one available. What do you think? Also, are the dye lots that important in this type of pattern? As long as they look the same in the skein?

Sorry for the long first post but I am excited about starting this project which I am sure will be the first of many of the afghans.

Linda in KY

Linda,

:welcometo the 'ville! I'm sure we would all be glad to have another in this CAL. But beware! They are very addicting and pretty soon you will have saltines scattered through out the house!

Hi and welcome, Linda!:hug

Cara (of Happy House fame:)) is out for the day, so I'll try and answer your question about colors. For the ATW, no two of the same color are next to each other normally, so if the dyes are a little off it really wouldn't be noticable.

...and I love the purples.....:)

And beware...we are a bunch of enablers....:devil

:yes, Around the world. I went looking for pictures of some that had been started and found this one. And then I found this that someone else posted that looks similar. You can use stash, make each round a different colour.

Those are sharp, I might try one of these,

Thanks a bunch for the idea :clap

Cheryl

I've been skimming some of the postings here and I "think" I've changed my mind on what to do first. Now I am leaning towards the Around the World. It is beautiful. I especially liked the one in the link that was the Amish Sunshine and Shadow Quilt. Think I might try something like that using shades of blues, purples, and pinks maybe. And maybe some yellows. Guess I could just go and get several skeins of several different colors and just 'have at it' :D. :think I need to make a trip to Michael's tomorrow!

Linda M in KY

Hello Everyone,

I have not been around much. Was on vacation and went out of town for family reunion. Cara, I came thru your location. Our reunion was in Killeen, Tx. While I was there I feel and sprained my ankle but I am ok just moving around slowly. I am going to try and work on some saltines this weekend.

Everyone's work look wonderful!

Hi, Selanda...rest up and :crocheting!

Linda, I think Michaels should give us a commission:lol:lol:lol Have fun deciding on colors!

Well well we've got new people in the neighborhood and Selanda returning to us. This is a good day :manyheart

Selanda - Yep, Killeen is just an hour away :yes Sorry you hurt your ankle, though :hug Elevated that ankle, make two saltines and call us in the morning :hook

Linda - Welcome to the group :hi The more the merrier we say. But, yes, we are a bunch of enablers and I must admit it's a pretty addicting way to make quilts :lol And dye lots aren't near as important in this method. You can always scatter them around the quilt so nothing is too close together and no one will even notice :D

Man it's HOT out there! :sweat Got my errands done and a haircut to get it off my neck. Hopefully that'll help me stay cool :yes

Hi, Selanda...rest up and :crocheting!

Linda, I think Michaels should give us a commission:lol:lol:lol Have fun deciding on colors!

Or at least a discount!

Welcome, Linda! It's so exciting when new people join in and I think today we've had two. :hook Can't wait to see what you decide to do. Can we call you Linda M since we have another Linda?

Hi Selanda. So sorry about your ankle, but hope you have some time to crochet and rest. :hug

Tracy~Good for you for already getting so much done on the gingham. Is this the green - or blue? I guess you know I love that pattern in any color!:lol

Archived