Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Mary- poor furbaby! :hughope she is better soon!

Ok ladies I need some input. talked to the pediatrician today and she says all the dietary issues dd is having is all colic! didn't believe her at first but did some research online and think it could be! anyone ever had a colicky baby? and anyone ever heard of or used gripe water?

oh and started an atw today for a baby blanket for project linus. well. my version of it anyways. will post pics when i make some progress (by started i meant picked colors, gathered tarn and hook but havent done a stitch! :lol soon though!)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mary- poor furbaby! :hughope she is better soon!

Ok ladies I need some input. talked to the pediatrician today and she says all the dietary issues dd is having is all colic! didn't believe her at first but did some research online and think it could be! anyone ever had a colicky baby? and anyone ever heard of or used gripe water?

oh and started an atw today for a baby blanket for project linus. well. my version of it anyways. will post pics when i make some progress (by started i meant picked colors, gathered tarn and hook but havent done a stitch! :lol soon though!)

My cousin swears by this stuff. She said they'd tried many things until the doctor recommended it. She likes it so much she gives it as part of baby shower gifts :lol

My cousin swears by this stuff. She said they'd tried many things until the doctor recommended it. She likes it so much she gives it as part of baby shower gifts :lol

Thanks! I have seen that stuff but I read on webmd.com that anything that contains a version of alcohol is not good and that has a type of alcohol. But that brand has a version of the gripe water so I might look for that brand specifically! :yes

Thanks! I have seen that stuff but I read on webmd.com that anything that contains a version of alcohol is not good and that has a type of alcohol. But that brand has a version of the gripe water so I might look for that brand specifically! :yes

Oh I didn't know that. Guess I better quit recommending it :blush Full of booze though...that must be why it works :lol

Hi all - figured I'd check in for the day.

I *finally* finished stitching the first block together, but I haven't woven all the messy ends in yet so I won't have pictures until I do. I'm partially through another block now, and I picked up my ripple afghan again for a bit, so I'm pretty happy. :)

Sometime this week I'm finally going to get around to putting some hats on e-bay...I haven't tried selling anything yet, but I really hope it goes well. I could use the extra money so I can afford to come home to visit from college! :lol Has anyone sold items they've made on e-bay before? I'd love tips if you have any to share.

Hi all - figured I'd check in for the day.

I *finally* finished stitching the first block together, but I haven't woven all the messy ends in yet so I won't have pictures until I do. I'm partially through another block now, and I picked up my ripple afghan again for a bit, so I'm pretty happy. :)

Sometime this week I'm finally going to get around to putting some hats on e-bay...I haven't tried selling anything yet, but I really hope it goes well. I could use the extra money so I can afford to come home to visit from college! :lol Has anyone sold items they've made on e-bay before? I'd love tips if you have any to share.

I used to sell my paintings on eBay and did really well. I've listed two quilts right now but it's the first day and I'll have to see how they go :yes My only piece of advice for listing on eBay is keep the description short. Those long drawn out ads are annoying to most folks and they just skip over them. Good luck!

Okay so I just asked my sister who has a 6 month old grandson. I asked her about the name of the tummy soother stuff. She told me the name but said "No, tell her not to use that. Gripe water works 1000 times better and immediately!" Been a loooong time since I've had any babies :lol

Mary, :hug to you and Zoe. You have been busy with those saltines. :hook

Good luck to the ladies with things on ebay. :yes

Mary, 35 saltines for me please. :crocheting

Linda, :yay for finishing more blankets.

What size are baby blankets? Sorry for asking stupid questions today. :blush

I have a question for you all. Before I get started on the duck cuddle, I was curious on assembly. In my mind, I was thinking that I'll work it in rows, so I'll make the saltines for the first row, and attach as I go. Is that the best way to tackle that one?

Thanks in advance. I keep reading along, just never know when to jump in

Joyce

I have a question for you all. Before I get started on the duck cuddle, I was curious on assembly. In my mind, I was thinking that I'll work it in rows, so I'll make the saltines for the first row, and attach as I go. Is that the best way to tackle that one?

Thanks in advance. I keep reading along, just never know when to jump in

Joyce

That's the way I made the orginal one :yes It's fun to watch the picture "develop" :D

Mary, :hug to you and Zoe. You have been busy with those saltines. :hook

Good luck to the ladies with things on ebay. :yes

Linda, :yay for finishing more blankets.

What size are baby blankets? Sorry for asking stupid questions today. :blush

Not stupid :hug A basic blanket is 36" square. Crib (cot) blankets are usually about 36" x 42".

Wow, that was quick. Thanks Cara. Oh, and I saw your auctions. Very nice!

Joyce

That's the way I made the orginal one :yes It's fun to watch the picture "develop" :D

Thank you, Cara. :hug I will have to make the gingham a bit bigger, it is not quite there yet. :lol

Joyce, I have done my picture cuddles row by row as well. :yes, like Cara says, fun to see the picture developing. :D I am busy with my second Bus cuddle and am doing the Duck cuddle next, they are christmas presents for my nephew and niece.

Wow, that was quick.

Joyce

Yeah, I really should get off here and get something done :blush But I'm talking to my sister via email, too. She's bored at work :lol She gets off in about an hour then I'll get busy :hook

I'm getting really psyched about doing this cuddle. MUST finish the commissioned afghan first, but if I make decent enough progress (25 12-inche squares) I can work on the ducky too. Then I can participate a bit more here :clap

Joyce

Thank you, Cara. :hug I will have to make the gingham a bit bigger, it is not quite there yet. :lol

Joyce, I have done my picture cuddles row by row as well. :yes, like Cara says, fun to see the picture developing. :D I am busy with my second Bus cuddle and am doing the Duck cuddle next, they are christmas presents for my nephew and niece.

:laughroll
Yeah, I really should get off here and get something done :blush But I'm talking to my sister via email, too. She's bored at work :lol She gets off in about an hour then I'll get busy :hook

Pickles - I can't recommend anything really, because my kids were all breastfed and didn't have the issues that are common to formula. That's not to say that breastfed kids don't have tummy issues, they're just much less common.

As for food allergies, many doctors won't acknowledge the existence of food sensitivities in babies. I would try a different formula, and try to shop "outside the box" as far as the name brands, and see if you can get one that has fewer chemicals in it.

I finished my test afghan! Gotta go, time to eat!

Mary, :hug to you and Zoe. You have been busy with those saltines.

Thank you, Tracy. :manyheart She's under the bed and perfectly happy for me to lay on the floor and reach to pet her. :lol I've added 35 squares...you are doing great on the squares, especially with all your other projects!

Just started another Just Ducky...we can all work on one together. :hook So far, I've been on a roll with yellow squares, but need to start on other colors.

Joyce, I've done several of Cara's patterns and usually do them in rows, too. :)

Wow the house is alive with lots of saltinemakers.:yay

Mary hope Zoe gets better soon, poor thing.:hug Your making another ducky. Thats one I wanna do eventually too.

Steph congrats on getting the first block done, you say you have lots of ends to weave in but if you leave a 20cm tail at the end of each square and use this to sew the squares together it should eliminate the weaving.

Cara good luck selling some items on ebay, I just love buying and selling on there. Stupid me the other day had the chance to buy a yarn winder with the seller living in my suburb and completely forgot about the auction.

Tracy your making great progress with the saltines.

Joyce as Cara says its great to do the ducky in rows then you can see the picture develop. 25 12 inch squares oh my.

Krystal congrats on finishing the test ghan. Do we get to see it.

Archived