Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening ladies :hi

Mary - How's Zoe doing?

Stephanie - Grats on the new Etsy shop :h5

Carla - Your new snack. I like that :lol Yeah, Rachel used to host a blog with our photos but that was a while ago.

I'm a mite ticked this evening. Tuon's done so well the last few days. She's bathing again, wrestling with Misa, playing, hanging out in the living room with us, etc. She's only gotten the exact amount of food she's supposed to get and her shots have all gone very well. I just knew her sugar would be down today. Last time it was 379. Today it was 452!!!! :irk So, starting tomorrow she goes to two shots a day. I feel so sorry for the poor baby :sigh Oh well, hopefully this'll do the trick.

Is someone in the group counting saltines? :think

I may have more silly questions as time goes on. :help

I'm having fun though so please bear with me :waving

(The smilies are so cute :cat)

You mean saltines overall or for the contest or what? :think Forgive me I'm a little slow today :lol It's hot as all get out today and I'm going on 3 hrs sleep :P But yes, the smilies are great. I'm a bit of a smilie-aholic :D

Mary, only 17 solids for me today. i knew I couldn't keep up the pace forever! :D (But I have put some of them together today)

Hi everyone I see this is still going on, I am ready to start back up on the casablanca, I had to do 6 round ripples for xmas and got crochet out, then I had two baby ghans to get done . This is easier to work on in the summer cuz you dont have lots laying on you. I would like to make the squares bigger somehow, I must crochet tighter than I think cuz even if I go to a J hook they still seem smaller. I hope everyone has a great night.

Howdy everyone

Carla Im glad your enjoying the saltine making. Its fun isnt it.

Linda M your doing great, we have days where we just go berserk with making them and other days are slack. Its great that you have sewn some together. When I was making the Casablanca I kept going with the making of them and more times than not I would have a whole icecream container full of saltines waiting to be sewn.

Mary - 30 Solids for me thanks :hug

Andrea its great to see ya. Yes saltines are a great project in any weather, very portable indeed.

I'm a mite ticked this evening. Tuon's done so well the last few days. She's bathing again, wrestling with Misa, playing, hanging out in the living room with us, etc. She's only gotten the exact amount of food she's supposed to get and her shots have all gone very well. I just knew her sugar would be down today. Last time it was 379. Today it was 452!!!! :irk So, starting tomorrow she goes to two shots a day. I feel so sorry for the poor baby :sigh Oh well, hopefully this'll do the trick.

Oh Cara poor Tuon, Lets hope that with 2 shots it will do the trick. Give Tuon a hug from me. Is she better with you giving her the shots or is it still hard.:hug

Oh Cara poor Tuon, Lets hope that with 2 shots it will do the trick. Give Tuon a hug from me. Is she better with you giving her the shots or is it still hard.:hug

The last two days have been real easy. She's cooperated very well. Hopefully, that will keep up :lol

Cara....did Tuon have her blood work at different times of the day? Was wondering if meals, etc affect animals results the way they do for humans....

Hi, Wendy, Tracy, et al....:hug

Getting off now - breaky time before heading to the airport in an hour or so....

Later, gators:manyheart

Judy - Yeah, the vet thought the same thing so she had it done last night at 5:00. She eats at 7. I'm just hoping this twice a day works. It's getting a wee bit frustrating :P He did say she looked great yesterday though so that's a bonus :D

Good morning, everyone. Rosie lent me some quilt books yesterday and after poring through them with Kim, we've decided on a pattern to use for the baby quilt. Rosie said we can get it all cut out in a weekend, but I have to wash and iron all the material first. She liked the material I had picked out. I've got way more than I need, but that's ok.

Andrea, welcome back. It's nice to have you with us again.:yay

Carla, we have a "Saltine Smackdown" going on. Mary is keeping track of our saltines for us. We report to her how many we've done in a day, a block, a row, a week or whatever. This is all in fun and totally voluntary. We get 1 point for each solid square, 2 points for each bi-color square, 3 points for a tri-color square and 4 points for each 4-color square. As we reach 2,000 points the others in the contest send that person a little gift if they wish. It's been going on since January, but you can join any time. Shelly, Wendy and I have been passing the lead around for a while now, but we've all been in it since the beginning. It's all in fun, as I said before. And Cara, our fearless leader, hasn't been keeping track. She's probably passed the 2,000 mark and headed into the second round by now.:lol

Cara, I'm glad Tuon is feeling better, even if the numbers weren't what you wanted. :cat I'll bet the second shot will help bring the numbers down some more. :hug :hug

Mary, hope that Zoe is doing better. :cat Our furbabies are such an integral part of our lives. When I'm feeling down all Sarge has to do to make me feel better is to curl up on my lap and go on a purring binge.:cat

Our furbabies are such an integral part of our lives. When I'm feeling down all Sarge has to do to make me feel better is to curl up on my lap and go on a purring binge.:cat

Ahh, there is no better balm for the soul than the sound of a purring cat :manyheart

Do hamsters make any pleasant noises? :think I am breaking down and giving in, Kyla might be getting a pet, a neighbour has said she will give us a hamster cage if we want it. Her (then) 3 year old DD flushed their hamster after she watched the movie "Flushed Away". So now Kyla has been nagging for a hamster, even though our last one died of old age a couple of years ago.

Archived