Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

I know I haven't been around much, and every time I go away for a few days (which is nearly every weekend) you guys have posted so much. So, popping in to say HELLO and to report that Ducky is DONE. I'm so happy to have him done, you can't even imagine.

Here he is.

th_DSCF0953.jpg

He's in the wash now. Hopefully will gift him tomorrow, just two weeks after the baby was born :clap

Joyce

He came out great Joyce :clap

Mary - I'm sure Zoe will be very glad to see y'all :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After my galbladder surgery (after the new year if I have a say so) I plan on making a pink ribbon ghan with saltines if you all will have me. :D Need to do it for my moms bday in May. It will take me that long knowing me lol.

Sure! Come on in and pull up a chair :hook

Here he is.

th_DSCF0953.jpgJoyce

:yay Oh, he looks just great!! You did a fantastic job. Which one are you going to start, next? :devil

After my galbladder surgery (after the new year if I have a say so) I plan on making a pink ribbon ghan with saltines if you all will have me. :D Need to do it for my moms bday in May. It will take me that long knowing me lol.

Of course! Join us as soon as you can :crocheting The saltines work up quickly, and you may be surprised at how soon you can finish the pink ribbon :yes

Mary -- 25 solids please.

We have the perfect fall day, today. :autumnIt is already warmer this a.m. than the average high temp for the day. The girls and I are driving down to my parents' house for a long weekend. We have the Halloween costumes packed, and my folks are thrilled to be able to take them trick-or-treating. Have a great weekend, Everyone :hug

Mary, please add 4 bi-color and 24 solids for me......I have 3 more rows to do and then the boarder and I will be finished....probably take me a little while because my work schedule is crazy today through the weekend so If all goes well I figure that maybe by next weekend I will be done! Slow and steady.....

So yesterday was supposed to be a lazy crochet bundled up day but I swear I have some ADD and I found myself doing laundry, dishes, and nesting with all of Alex's things. I guess I'm just to the point where I feel like we are running out of time for all this. Plus I want our tiny apartment too look decent for when people are coming over to see the baby after he comes. I did however manage to get a few good rows done on his blanket and sew together some saltines!

2986941938_feddc874bb.jpg?v=0

2986941592_bf3780a304.jpg?v=0

its my least favorite part to do...specially seeing all those ends I gotta weave in...yikes! so I figured I'd better get a head start. :hook

So yesterday was supposed to be a lazy crochet bundled up day but I swear I have some ADD and I found myself doing laundry, dishes, and nesting with all of Alex's things. I guess I'm just to the point where I feel like we are running out of time for all this. Plus I want our tiny apartment too look decent for when people are coming over to see the baby after he comes. I did however manage to get a few good rows done on his blanket and sew together some saltines!

2986941938_feddc874bb.jpg?v=0

2986941592_bf3780a304.jpg?v=0

its my least favorite part to do...specially seeing all those ends I gotta weave in...yikes! so I figured I'd better get a head start. :hook

That looks so nice! Suggestion for your ends, either leave longer tails and use them to sew pieces together, or sew over them as your doing your join.

Dusti - Have a great time with your folks and the girls :hug

Laura Lee - You're in the home stretch now :cheer

Erin - Oooh I love that color combo you've chosen. Very smart :yes I agree. It's best to weave the ends as you go. If you're leaving a long tail to sew them together you should be able to do it then. If you're like me and use a separate piece of yarn then I'd do it as you go. That way when you're done, you're done :hook

Thanks for the compliments folks. I have a couple babies to make for and I want something for ME, though I don't know what yet so I can't say for sure what I'm doing next but I will be doing one of these again.

Joyce

Archived