Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Do hamsters make any pleasant noises? :think I am breaking down and giving in, Kyla might be getting a pet, a neighbour has said she will give us a hamster cage if we want it. Her (then) 3 year old DD flushed their hamster after she watched the movie "Flushed Away". So now Kyla has been nagging for a hamster, even though our last one died of old age a couple of years ago.

I had hamsters as a teenager. I think they're great. Okay, I like pretty much all animals. I'm a sucker for an animal :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, ladies. I've just read through the posts and you all have me laughing - thank you for that! :manyheart

I'll be back in a few minutes with the updated scorecard. :D

Updated as of this morning - Please let me know if any changes need to be made. :)

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) 1687

Wendy (Aussie) 1584

Shelly (Super Granny) 1518

Mary (Skysmom) 1094

Sunny (sunnyvale) 775

Tracy (tracystroebel) 723

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Heather (hseger) 345

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 305

Linda M. (mizmo) 274

Karen (econ-nerd) 180

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Sharon (CandEsMom) 108

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) Chairwoman of the Board. :hook

Tracy, you are welcome! You all are definitely the bright spot in my day...and I hope we're all here for a long time. :hug Now, I have to get busy. Have a great morning/evening.

Do hamsters make any pleasant noises? :think I am breaking down and giving in, Kyla might be getting a pet, a neighbour has said she will give us a hamster cage if we want it. Her (then) 3 year old DD flushed their hamster after she watched the movie "Flushed Away". So now Kyla has been nagging for a hamster, even though our last one died of old age a couple of years ago.

My kids had hampsters when they were young. I remember them as running in their wheel at night and squeaking a lot. They also liked to hide under and behind the sofa when let out of their cage. And they are escape artists.

Just a possiblity, but since we're making SALTINES, perhaps Cara could be the CHIEF CRACKER??? :rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this!

Mary, thanks for the update! :hug

WOW! I have 274 saltines already and I only started last Friday! I had not added them together; just counted each day so had no idea what the total was. I am amazed.:lol

Now I'm trying to put some of them together. Have 3 rows of 21 each so far. Originally started in the center doing rounds but decided I didn't like the way they were looking. I am much happier with putting them together in rows. I went back and took out the three rounds that I had put together. Man, that took some time. I think I could have re-made those saltines in the time it took to take them apart. When I hide the ends, I hide the ends! :lol

I went back and took out the three rounds that I had put together. Man, that took some time. I think I could have re-made those saltines in the time it took to take them apart. When I hide the ends, I hide the ends! :lol

I know what you mean. I hate it when I have to take mine apart. I've ruined a few that way. You are doing very well. :cheer:yay:cheer

Linda, Thanks for the saltine explanation. I'll see if I can catch up by the end of next week...:laughroll

Mary, I have 60 solids so far this week so if I can start with that number than add on? :waving

It looks like lots of dog and cat fans. I have seven cats...luckily they're in and outdoor adapt. All our babies are wonderful and pure comfort. :cat My avatar is my baby (raised from a kitten) Tony. The rest I got when they were older so didn't bond as close, but they all have their special place and are well-cared for. :manyheart

Please bear with my questions, I'll get it all figured out. :yes

:hug

WOW! I have 274 saltines already and I only started last Friday! I had not added them together; just counted each day so had no idea what the total was. I am amazed.:lol

Now I'm trying to put some of them together. Have 3 rows of 21 each so far. Originally started in the center doing rounds but decided I didn't like the way they were looking. I am much happier with putting them together in rows. I went back and took out the three rounds that I had put together. Man, that took some time. I think I could have re-made those saltines in the time it took to take them apart. When I hide the ends, I hide the ends! :lol

Yay! I'm glad you were able to get them apart. And congrats on your progress. :hook

Linda' date=' Thanks for the saltine explanation. I'll see if I can catch up by the end of next week...:laughroll

Mary, I have 60 solids so far this week so if I can start with that number than add on? :waving

It looks like lots of dog and cat fans. I have seven cats...luckily they're in and outdoor adapt. All our babies are wonderful and pure comfort. :cat My avatar is my baby (raised from a kitten) Tony. The rest I got when they were older so didn't bond as close, but they all have their special place and are well-cared for. :manyheart

Please bear with my questions, I'll get it all figured out. :yes

:hug[/quote']

I'll add your name and 60 squares. :yes Don't ever feel like you ask too many questions...we've all been there, too! :hook

Mary, 5 solids for me, please. :hook

Done! :D

My kids had hampsters when they were young. I remember them as running in their wheel at night and squeaking a lot. They also liked to hide under and behind the sofa when let out of their cage. And they are escape artists.

One of mine used to get between the washer and dryer on days my mom was doing laundry. I, of course, was at school but she would be quite certain to give me the full "Do you know how hard it is catch a hamster behind the dryer" report :rofl

Just a possiblity, but since we're making SALTINES, perhaps Cara could be the CHIEF CRACKER??? :rofl

Just about choked on my toast when I read these. How funny is that that she flushed her hamster after watching the movie and Cara being the chief cracker :rofl :rofl

Updated as of this morning - Please let me know if any changes need to be made. :)

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) 1687

Wendy (Aussie) 1584

Shelly (Super Granny) 1518

Mary (Skysmom) 1094

Sunny (sunnyvale) 775

Tracy (tracystroebel) 723

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Heather (hseger) 345

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 305

Linda M. (mizmo) 274

Karen (econ-nerd) 180

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Sharon (CandEsMom) 108

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) Chairwoman of the Board. :hook

Mary thanks so much for keeping score, but I think their is an error, as much as I want my score to be 1584, my book says it should be 1553.

Was someone around to give you the Heimlich, Wendy? :lol

Our last hamster was very spoilt, she had the tunnel sets for her cage (boot sales are great :D) and she had a ball she could run around in, very easy for us, she couldn't hide under or behind anything and she was safe from the cat. That ball confused the cat and he got bored with it very quickly. He could see Dana, but he couldn't get to her, I am sure she used to tease him on purpose sometimes. :lol

She wanted a cat, not sure about getting one as we go away for weekends, it is easier to get a big sippy water bottle for a hamster and leave extra food than it is with a cat. We could also just drop the hamster in it's cage off at my cousin's place, they are allergic to cats so no one to look after it. :(

Ok, I figured out how many squares my pink ribbon afghan should be. That's a start, right? :lol I made up a couple of test ones with an I hook and I got not quite 2 1/4 inches. I may go up to a J to see if I can get 2 1/2. But with 2 1/2 inch squares, I'm thinking 24 wide and 30 high, which makes it 60" by 75" before the border. That seems like a good size to me. I even found a program online (free!) that lets you create graph paper based on your size specifications. Now, I just need someone who can draw :lo;

Hi guys...I've been rather AWOL since I'm somewhat frustrated with my quilt: I'd never worked with granny squares before, and I discovered 50 squares and one completed block into it that I was making them slightly incorrectly...so now I have to start over. HOWEVER, I've decided to make another block the "wrong" way and make it into a pillow! :)

I'm also almost finished with a pattern for a cute little drawstring bag...I might be looking for pattern testers soon. :hook

Cara, I'm glad Tuon seems well, even if the numbers don't show it.

Wow, you guys really go to town on the saltines! Makes me hungry every time I read through this! :lol

As to all the hamster stories...my old one used to escape constantly, from chewing through a plastic cage to standing on a ceramic "mouse house" to breaking out of a temporary one in twenty minutes flat! They're certainly sneaky (but quite adorable).

Archived