Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, my friends:hug

Anxious to finish the filet - row 81 this morning...

I am working on charity squares, ets...keeps me out of trouble...that is, it was, till I went on my fvorite graph pattern site this morning and ordered a couple more. Decided the SHeltie pattern she has is better than the one I have, saw a tabby cat face I just HAD to have, along with a piano keyboard one (will make it eventually for a good friend, a piano teacher) and a celtic pattern that looked amazing. Oh, there was a Noah's Ark pattern, too. Buy 4 get one free, you know;)

Tracy, we are sooooo bad:devil

Chocolate, chinese food, Im coming to your place. You enjoy your arvo there Tracy it sounds great.

I had better go to bed as its now 12.30am, I have to be at the netball courts at 9am so no sleep in for me.

Happy Saltining everyone

Night

Good morning, everyone. I'm just waking up. It's been busy in here today.

Can't wait to hear what the new yarn is like, Tracy. If it's really nice, I will be so very tempted, because even at about $40 dollars US that's still not bad for fancy Italian yarn.

Congratulations, Linda M, on getting started already. :cheer

I'm going to be working on the charity squares CAL most of this weekend. I'll be doing preemie blankets in red, white, and blue. The squares I've done so far will make mini-flags. I may do some that are just big granny squares in red, white, and blue, too. Those don't take as long to crochet and there is no joining time.

Selanda, hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug

Cara, you've been holding out on us. A pillow pattern all done up and we haven't even been given a peek at it yet. :2nono

Hi everyone. The totals are updated as of this morning...please let me know if I need to change anything. :yes

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) 1533

Shelly (Super Granny) 1518

Wendy (Aussie) 1487

Mary (Skysmom) 1009

Sunny (sunnyvale) 755

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Tracy (tracystroebel) 550

Heather (hseger) 345

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 305

Karen (econ-nerd) 180

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Sharon (CandEsMom) 108

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) *Busy adding even more wonderful patterns to her website. :compute

I got my yarn! :cheerI changed some of the shades after seeing them in person instead of the monitor but Michaels had all of them I needed except one and I went to Hancocks and got that one. So I am ready to begin :crocheting.

I got silver blue, colonial blue, navy; dusty rose, rose, antique rose; dusty purple, eggplant, and already had purple. This is the order I plan to do them in also and then repeat. Oh, I also got one of the Clover soft touch hooks to use on them, too. Used my 50% off coupon on it to give that kind a try.

And just in case those of you who are new or reading the thread are curious about the list of names with points...:)

1. It's all in fun and a way to keep track of squares we've made...it's entirely up to you if you want to "report" squares. :yes

2. Solid squares = 1 point; Bi-colors = 2 points; Tri-colors = 3 points, etc.

3. Originally we decided that when someone reaches 2000 points, they would be the winner. But I think we decided to keep the contest going as long as there is interest...so anytime someone reaches 2000 points they will win, too! :hook The prize is a small gift from those who wish to send one.

I got my yarn! :cheerI changed some of the shades after seeing them in person instead of the monitor but Michaels had all of them I needed except one and I went to Hancocks and got that one. So I am ready to begin :crocheting.

I got silver blue, colonial blue, navy; dusty rose, rose, antique rose; dusty purple, eggplant, and already had purple. This is the order I plan to do them in also and then repeat. Oh, I also got one of the Clover soft touch hooks to use on them, too. Used my 50% off coupon on it to give that kind a try.

Hi Linda M~What a beautiful combination of colors! :hook

Linda M - are you going to put black in-between those sections of colors, like on that Amish quilt link?

I don't think so. I at first thought I would, then thought it would be fine without them since I'm using a relatively dark shade of each color anyway. May change my mind when I start putting some together, though. Do you have any thoughts on this? Better to put in a round of black, or leave it as is?

I just did 6 saltines in about 30 min using the new clover hook. I really like it. Of course I started with the outer color since that was the one I had out practicing with last night. Now I have to do dishes and then I'll go back and start with the center rounds.

I don't think so. I at first thought I would, then thought it would be fine without them since I'm using a relatively dark shade of each color anyway. May change my mind when I start putting some together, though. Do you have any thoughts on this? Better to put in a round of black, or leave it as is?

Ooh thats a tough one especially with a navy yarn. I can't bring myself to put navy next to black but I'm a little OCD like that. You will have to try it both ways and let us know. Worst that could happen is you don't use the black and save it for the next ghan! Maybe a future scrap quilt ghan? I bought that same hook just for this project too and I love the way the handle feels but I HATE the hook part. Mine is just not as smooth as my other hooks and it feels a little grainy.

Anyone have any other recommendations for similar hooks with some type of handle? maybe a different brand or something?

Hi everyone. The totals are updated as of this morning...please let me know if I need to change anything. :yes

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) 1533

Shelly (Super Granny) 1518

Wendy (Aussie) 1487

Mary (Skysmom) 1009

Sunny (sunnyvale) 755

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Tracy (tracystroebel) 550

Heather (hseger) 345

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 305

Karen (econ-nerd) 180

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Sharon (CandEsMom) 108

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) *Busy adding even more wonderful patterns to her website. :compute

HAHA must have been super excited to join this CAL because when I did I didn't even realize there was a competition going on ! :lol Well, for the flower one I started, I hate the yarn I got so I exchanged it for something different. The block I already have in progress will turn into a cat blanket for the furbabies. Then I will attempt a full size one! Not sure how many squares I have done. This is a busy weekend for us, as my husband is DJing at our local Pride festival. (perfect time to show off the bright rainbow RR I made DD :lol) So I won't have time to count squares this weekend or make any for that matter but I will count them Monday and let you know! Guarantee I am no where NEAR 2000 points! HAHA probably not even 20 points but hey might as well throw my points in there and see what happens! Maybe I will get a crazy whim and bust out saltines like crazy and beat these ladies in the lead! :devil

Pickles, :rofl You would be surprised at how quickly your total gets higher.

Linda M, your colours sound great.

Has anyone heard from Shaylen lately? :think I don't remember seeing any posts, is she ok?

I have joined two rows of the gingham. Supper is eaten, kitchen is clean, now back to :crocheting

Those colors sound lovely, Linda M. I think that most of the ones I've seen done just move from color to color without the black.

I'm getting close to having all the squares for another preemie blanket and another block for the Painted Desert. I report my squares when I get a block's worth done. That will be all the blocks for 2 preemie afghans in red, white, and blue. And I think that will be the 3rd block for the next row of blocks for the Painted Desert.

Linda M - I'm with Pickles...I could never put black next to navy. It would drive me insane :lol Your colors sound fabulous though. This is the Vanna's right? If so, you might find they "pooch" a bit more than the RHSS but still works nicely. I'm making my ATW in Vanna's too :yes

Pickles - Perfect opportunity for the Rainbow RR :yes

Mary - Thanks for the post about the 2000 saltines. I keep forgetting that our newest friends don't know about that yet :P

Okay, it took a nap to think about it but the website is updated finally :fame I think I make it into more of a big deal in my mind than it really is sometimes. It went quickly once I was awake enough for it :lol

Archived