Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Welcome, Linda! It's so exciting when new people join in and I think today we've had two. :hook Can't wait to see what you decide to do. Can we call you Linda M since we have another Linda?

Linda M is fine. I go by that on a lot of boards since there are always several Lindas around!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda M, Welcome to the group! :welcome We have lots of fun in here. Any pattern you pick and any color scheme you choose will look nice, I'm sure. I certainly haven't seen any bad ones in here.

I've been working on the baby blanket this afternoon. It's about 53" in length and about 6" wide at this point. Not bad for having just started it yesterday evening. And I'm still getting in some saltines here and there, too.

Andrea, Rosie's daughter here in Cumming, just gifted me two skeins of Alpaca mix yarn. She is thinking of learning to knit &/or crochet and having me teach her. Yeah! We may have a new convert before too long. She is very impressed with the quilt ghans.

Elevated that ankle, make two saltines and call us in the morning :hook
:rofl

Pickles - A HL across the street? And you're actually home during business hours? :lol

Wow. you're on a roll, Cara! :rofl

:welcome Linda, we have fun in here and it is difficult to get out once you are in. :devil Judy, does it look like we have more recruits to the ATW-along? :lol

Hah! I have thwarted your evil plans at every turn... I have NOT made a saltine-ghan... (although if you saw what my "test" afghans are, you'd understand why).

Since you're talking about "commission" at Michael's and HL, I once commented to my husband that he is SO lucky. Every time he goes to the auto parts store, they scan this card for him and he gets $5 reward points for every $20 he spends. Once you accumulate $20 on the card, you can spend it. Could you imagine US in a HL or JA or Michaels with that kind of incentive?

Morning everyone

We finally had some rain last night, it bucketed down, just what the garden needed. Its only going to be about 15C today so Im sitting here with the heater on.

Cheryl the Art Deco will look great in the blues, although the blues would look great in the Casa as well.

Tracy so did you click on the checkout button. What yarn did you buy. Tracy the second ATW you showed is how Im going to do mine. The gingham will be great for the fete.

Judy me a bad influence surely not. By the way hows your saltine making going.

Pickles you have a yarn store across the road, how convenient is that.

Linda welcome to the ville, you will love making these patterns and your colors sounds great.

Selanda welcome back, rest up and take it easy.

Cara Im glad you had a great day out, try and stay cool now.

Tracy, I looked at the site, too. However, my head absolutely refused to try to convert British pounds into US dollars. Those bulk bundles do sound very tempting. Especially the one with the Italian fancy yarns. Me who crochets predominantly with RHSS yearning after the fancy stuff! :lol :lol :lol

Wendy, I haven't done anything on the ATW in weeks:blush Once I clear up my current projects then I can spin the wheel and get going again...and add the (still not totally mapped out) graph ghan to my WIP list!:lol

Linda 20 pounds is $38US and $41 Australian

Judy there is no hurry to do the ATW, you do it at your own pace and besides I reckon once you start the graph ghan you will be focussed on that one.

Im still busy with the filet test and the squares for the row a day.

Ok, I have it bad. :blush I rescued a skein from 3SUB project. It was tied to an old ball but didnt get crochetted into 3SUB. I am going to grab new yarn and retied it to the old one. :lol

It's RHSS rainbow varigated. Some friends are going to Pride Parade in the area. They ask me to make them some I-cord keychain bands that they can wear around the neck or wrist.

Wendy, I think it means that there is something on the yarn to make it smoother to work with, as they are sold to be used by hand knitters or machine knitters. I have seen it mentioned on another site somewhere (can't think where) but I thought it was just for wool, not acrylics as well. Either way, it is supposed to be easy to wash off I think. :think And you are fast at working out exchange rates!

Mornin' new friends! I decided on my colors for ATW last night. Now if Michaels just has them today! Anyway, one of the colors I chose I already had for another project that has now been moved to a VERY BACK burner, so I got some of it and made 3 saltines last night in about 15 minutes. Great fun! I'll get what colors I can at Michaels this morning and I can at least get started and can pick up the others later.

Howdy everyone :hi

Tracy thats fantastic what one did you buy. On my computer as I now have Vista you have these icons on the right hand side of the screen and one of them is exchange rates for around the world. Took 2 seconds to find out the exchange rate.

Mizmo welcome and thats a great start on the ATW.

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda M - Can't wait to see the colors you decided on. :clap

Wendy - A handy dandy currency converter. That's an interesting feature :yes

Tracy - You have way more willpower than I do. No way I could've left a yarn order sitting up all that time without clicking :lol

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the getwell wishes. Cara that comment was too cute. Unfornately no saltines making :( still have to go to work. I will try to get some done this weekend. Between making a baby afghan for my cousin's new baby,

Take care everyone!

Ahh yes it's comfy in the HYH lounge. Nice and quiet. Kitties are asleep and I'm fighting sleep myself :lol If I can stay awake and if I don't break it there will be new patterns up today :hook The man ghan, the red ghan and a pillow that I haven't shown yet. I'm on a pillow kick atm :lol

Archived