Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Tabby, thanks for the kind words:blush - I wasn't fishing, really! Doing these ghans is easy for me, and might not be for someone else because I have the attention span of a flea, and the variations on the squares make it challenging!:D

Nitey, nite - I'm wrapping up here. Have to get ready to watch "ROME"...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda Y - your block looks fantastic! I'm doing the same one, but slightly different colors. Blue and white just look great with this pattern!

I'm considering making a matching pillow when I get done. I guess I will see how long it takes me.

I was going to say something else but my mind has gone completely blank. Must be time for bed! lol.. :think

hello wendy

i think you went to bed early yesturday right???

i didn`t go to my class today so i was sleeping lol

i`m thinking of making 1 and a half or even 2 rows today but after doing the squares for the soocrochet squares afghan

and i really want to finish the round ripple :angry

ooooh i love the casa and the 200crochet blocks the are my favorite patterns and i can`t wait to see them finished :cheer

Linda Y--Welcome! We're doing hte same pattern! Though I must have missed where you posted a picture--I checked and didn't see one?:huh

I had a productive weekend! I've got all but one row done on my 2nd block. And I somehow managed to weave in all my ends on everything I've finished. For the second block I tried to make all the squares and then add them--I think it is much easier to add them a row at a time.

Cara--Thats what I was afraid of re: switching colors as you add blocks. I've whipstitched together all the squares (I think it's much easier than scing all those!) but I was thinking about SCing the blocks together. I'm not sure how that would work and if it would ruin the continuity created by the repeating pattern. You definitely would be able to tell it was put together in squares...

Linda y--Nevermind. Your block looks great!

Grrr. I was using hybrid view and oftentimes felt like I was missing things others had--sure enough when I switched back to the normal way of viewing the thread--linda's post magically appeared! It wasn't showing up in the hybrid view.

So if you're using hybrid view--be prepared to miss things!!

Good Morning. :) Hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was really busy and am looking forward to some quiet time! Of course, that's crochet time.:hook

Rachel ~ I like the whipstitching, too. It goes quickly and looks good front and back! :yarn

Athba ~ You have so many WIPs going...they all sound wonderful!

Tabby ~ :yay Sounds like lots of progress!

I'd better get some things done, so I can get back to my squares. :D

Tabby--I do love that baby gingham! I think it would be pretty in greens with a light peach instead of white. I might consider making this for my friend who is due in July, once we know what she's having! But that brings up a question...

ALL...If you have friends who crochet or knit--do you still give them/their babies handmade blankets? I've been on the fence about this.

Mary--It definitely looks good on the front! I wish I had better lines on the back though! You know how they always say a great crosstitcher's work looks the same front and back? My rows don't seem as neat!

Linda Y/Calliope--I can't remember which of you said this--sorry!

I'm thinking of doing a pillow too--but adding it onto the back so the blanket wraps up into the pillow.

Linda Y- nice work on your first block ! Looks great . :)

Tabby- I'll go in and add you to the list --thanks for the reminder. If I forget anyone, drop me a note so I can add you all ~

Linda- (the first --what's your last initial so we can keep you straight ? )

I know what you mean when you get new glasses . It takes some adjustments to get used to them. The first pair I ever got ,we went outside for a walk around the block one day to look at a house that was for sale . I don't know why it was harder to walk OUTSIDE with my glasses on, but it made the sidewalk look like it was about up to my knees . I stumbled the whole way around the block. I bet the neighbors all thought I'd taken one NIP too many that day . :lol

Hey gang-

In case this screen goes out on me, I may disappear until it gets repaired or replaced. My monitor has been doing this weird thing lately where all the words on the screen look like they are highlighted in yellow. :eek :eek :eek It started a couple weeks ago and only did it once, but it is getting more frequent now. I told my husband about it and he said the monitor is probably starting to go bad. I don't know what happens when it does that, if it will continue to work, and everything will just be yellow, or if it will actually just totally stop working altogether .

Just so you all know , in case I disappear til we can get it fixed or get a new one.

Right now, it's ok though .

Morning ladies :flower

Sounds like everyone had a very productive weekend :yes

Rachel - Everyone I know that has a baby gets a blanket. They get a blanket or something else I've made :) Just did the Jasie one for my cousin's new baby that was born on Friday. Hey, I made my aunt one for when Jasie's mom was born, why break tradition :hook

Julie - :rofl I wear bifocal contacts because I just can't use glasses my eyes are so bad. (Lens have to be too small and I can see...well not see around the lenses and I bump into things :)) First, time I had them on hubby asked if I was alright. Was goose-stepping like crazy trying to find that curb :rofl But you're right...inside they were fine. Only a problem outside, where there were witnesses :D

Julie - Neither did I until they prescribed them :lol One eye is for close up...one is for distance. I have to read small print with one eye closed but it's better than walking around blind :lol

Cara- yea, that's definitely true ! As long as they help you see, that's the main thing !

Tabby- which baby quilt are you doing ? I dont know if I put you in the right section -- is it baby blocks or baby gingham ?

Never mind-- I went back and read your post again and found it-- I had to move it - I DID have you in the wrong one !

Hi, everyone. I had a very productive weekend of crocheting in betweeen running a lot of errands. I've got almost half the squares for the next block crocheted! :hook Most still have their tails, but they are crocheted. I'm thinking that I'll sew the next block together in quarters and then sew the quarters together. I won't have to use such loooong lengths of yarn that way which will make it easier on my shoulder. (I had fairly major surgery on it because of arthritis several years ago.)

Julie - The first Linda is Linda T, me. It could still get a little confusing, as Linda T and Linda Y still look a lot alike.:lol

Cara - I've been looking at the books and may actually have to buy a couple of them. :yes Two of them have a lot of good patterns.:yes The other is pretty much a dud as far as I'm concerned. :no

The glasses are going better, although for some things they are still a pain. I'm hoping i can just adjust to them and not have to go through the hassle of having to have them changed.

Oh BTW don't know how much I'll be getting done this week. My cousin had her baby Friday night :manyheart My sisters and I are going to see the family this weekend. One of my sister's has never seen my house before so I gotta clean :blush Of course, sweetie that she is, said not to worry with it but yeah, like that's gonna happen :lol

Also, I've gotta get back to writing on my book. My editor's getting a little cranky about "more chapters". Man, she's a slave driver :devil I really have ignored it too long. I just have too much crocheting to do :yes

Okay, probably more than y'all wanted to know but you're the folks who keep me company all day and I love ya for it :manyheart

Hmmm, coulda sworn I had another post before that last one....let's try this again, shall we?

Linda T - Isn't the library great? They've saved me hundreds not buying books that turned out not to be what I had in mind.

Rachel - Yeah, the comments are turned off on the blog. I've seen some pretty weird things folks post on other blogs and I'd rather not have all that on there. Plus, you always get those folks that use naughty language in the middle of the night and I don't wanna wake up to that...would ruin my day :(

Hello LindaT ( how about if I call you Lindabee, since that's part of your name ? )Maybe that will keep it a little straighter -

Have you seen this web page ?

http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

TONS of quilt patterns-- you could spend the next 50 years in there coming up with designs to turn into crocheted quilts !

55 PAGES of quilt patterns -- I LOVE the new one-- the hanging diamond, I think it's called .

If you scroll down, they even have Printable Quilt Labels you can make up to pin on your quilt if it is going for a gift for someone .

Morning everyone,:hi

I spent last night whipstitching squares together for the amish and the rail fence. Im trying to finish another amish block and finish one rail fence block. Then I will add more rows to the casa. Then I want to make another crinoline lady and Im doing another blue star. Geeze why do I have so many things on the go.:think

I watched my favorite show Brothers and Sisters last night, gee I love that show.

Im glad Im not the only one that has problems with their glasses. My latest pair just doesnt seem to sit right and I have to keep getting them adjusted.

Linda T, I was also thinking of crocheting the amish blocks together but was also wondering how that would look after whipstitching the squares together. Has anyone tried this.

Hello Everyone! :D

Sorry about not stopping in this a.m., but what a day it's been. First, I get woken up to my Hubby banging on the door. He locked his van door behind him this a.m. after turning it on to warm up. :eek We have no other key for it (I know, I know but tell him how rediculous that is). So, I had to call my Dad before 7 and uh that was fun ecspecially since my Hubby has done this twice before & my Dad has lectured about getting another key made. But he doesn't get the mad lecture, I do because he was to scared to call him after the last time. :lol :lol Good news: My Dad did get the door unlocked. Bad News: I got stuck with the Hubby today. :P

Then off to the grocery store I go so we can eat tonight. :lol Will the madness ever end?? :think:devil

Thanks for listening to me...........blah, blah, blah. :lol :lol

Wendy, I started whipstitching on the baby gingham, and then got lazy and was joining squares with crocheting -- the back looks messy:( ...I'll probably start from scratch with that again. Might explain why I haven't picked it up in weeks, too!:P Good thing I only did 2 rows!

I have a new supply of yarn (baby yarn, too)...went to AC Moore today...

I was very, very bad:yay :devil:yay:devil

Archived