Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Rachel - Great idea. :) We should have Julie add the site to the first post so we can all find it easily. What do we do if we are working on more than one quilt-ghan at the same time? Is there a way to post pictures of both or are we limited to just one? :( I know there are a couple of us who are in that position.

The pictures are great, everyone.:yay:cheer:yay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel - Great idea. :) We should have Julie add the site to the first post so we can all find it easily. What do we do if we are working on more than one quilt-ghan at the same time? Is there a way to post pictures of both or are we limited to just one? :( I know there are a couple of us who are in that position.

The pictures are great, everyone.:yay:cheer:yay

Great points!

I don't have enough done for a picture today but I'll try to upload my last picture to Rachel's new site. Thank you Rachel!

Mary, I like your block. I like the brighter colors a lot.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linda Y

p.s. Tabby, I really like the quilt-ghan you posted over in the Crochet-a-Quilt thread! I'm planning on doing something similar for my next ghan.

Rachel - Excellent job on the photo site! What a wonderful thing you did for us. Thanks so much :manyheart

Okay, so it's not still technically Friday but I haven't been to bed yet so it's Friday in my little mind :D Finally just finished the Pretty Gingham in greens. I emailed it to Rachel's site and here's one for here, too :) Pretty proud of it even if it hasn't been pressed yet :yes No way I'm pulling out the iron and board this time of night :lol

ginghamdonesm.jpg

Everybody's photos look great this week! Excellent work, ladies :manyheart

Cara your gingham looks great! Rachael thanks so much for setting up the photo site. I am going to try and post my picture from last week. I didn't get a chance to take a picture yesterday. Seems my camera got legs and walked away, but I did finish another block on my Ohio Star quilt. This one was in brown and tan.

Good Morning, Ladies. Of course, Cara will be asleep for a while since she was posting pictures at 3:00 this morning! :night:lol

Cara ~ Your Pretty Gingham is adorable...it turned out great! :manyheart

Just a thought on pictures...

I would still love to see everyone's pictures here, so we can catch them when we log on. Perhaps we can post both places? I think of Photosite as a continuing "gallery."

Morning, all. Great idea, Mary! I really missed seeing them here yesterday.

Cara - The baby gingham is wonderful! I love the greens.:yay:cheer:yay

Good Morning! :)

Linda Y.~Thank you! :blush:manyheart

Mary~Your block is beautiful, great job! :clap

Cara~That baby gingham is gorgeous! :cheer:clap:cheer

Rachel~Nice idea with the gallery. I will post a pic. sometime tomorrow probably because i'm going to visit family today.

Have a great one! :hook:yarn

Good Morning (or Afternoon or Evening) Everyone!

Cara, the baby blanket is beautiful! Have you decided what you are going to do next?

Pam, the Country Hearts is really shaping up! I think it's going to look great!

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Linda Y

Pam - That looks great!

Linda Y - Actually, I'm gonna start by going back to my Roundabout :lol Neglected it too long :yes. But my sister, Sara, sure could use a new one she says...baby sis, Diana, and I picked out some colors for her. Sara's in town this weekend and I'm gonna have her go through my stash and see what colors she likes :hook

And thanks for the kind words on the Gingham everyone :manyheart I actually found out that is the quickest of them all to work up!

Have a great weekend...gonna go hang out with the family til Monday :D

Sorry Im a bit late but here is a pic of my rail fence.

I am making a pillow out of it and was wondering what to do for the other side. Do I make another block like this one and sew them together or should I just add on to the end of one side and crochet rows until its the same length then just sew the sides up.

railfenceblock.jpg

Wendy, about the rail fence pillow...imo, I would do another block separately, and THEN join them. I think it will look better.

Again, only this woman's opinion.

It looks great, BTW - your stitching is terrific! :clap Reminds me of how neatly Cara crochets her own patterns:yes

Wendy - Love it! Love it! Love it! The bright colors are fantastic! :clap I think either way you go for the other side will work. Think the squares would be less work :hook Might need to sew an "inner pillow" for it anyway or find a pillow form of proper size to keep the stuffing from coming out :yes

Tabby - I used to have one of those little buggers when I was a kid. Mama finally came in one night around 4 a.m. carrying Harvey's (the hamster) cage and proclaimed, "Here! You listen to him run on that little wheel all night!" He got a big and quiet Habitrail with my saved up money after that :heehee

Wendy, about the rail fence pillow...imo, I would do another block separately, and THEN join them. I think it will look better.

Again, only this woman's opinion.

That's what I would do too, but I'm sure whatever you decide, it will look great. You have done a beautiful job on it!!

I spent the better part of yesterday sewing together my 2nd block. On the first one, I sewed all the tails in and then stitched the squares together. It doesn't seem to have worked particularly well because the ends are fraying and popping out and whatnot (arrgh). So for the second block I am stitching the whole thing together first and then weaving all the tails into the rows of sc that I used to attach them. I think this is going to hold up better but it's been labor intensive so far.

Anyway it was exciting to get the 2nd block pieced together and look at it next to the first. I can start to see how the pattern is going to look when done!! If I finish it today I'll take a pic. Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday!! :hook

thanks everyone. :hug

Leaving a long enough tail at the end of each square to sew to the row and the block made it so much easier but it still took awhile.

I think I will make another block of squares like you have all suggested.

Archived