Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Linda-Bee

Thats not fair though because shes Buttering up the batter :rofl

Just do like i do and move you're computer next to you're chair and get a wireless keyboard...:lol

Windy

I crocheted them together with sc and just didnt like the look i was getting on the back...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!:yay:cheerHope it was a great one.

Tabby

I was being very good i have even taken out 4 rows of my Cassa and whipped them back together.Its her that started it :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've really been cranking out the squares this week. :hook I just have about 50 to go for the next block, and this afternoon I finished hiding the tails for a quarter of that block. Each of my blocks takes 144 squares. The bi-color squares have been going much easier this time around. I guess I just had to get used to making them.

144 squares per block?!? How many blocks make the afghan? I have 64 squares/block on mine but it takes 12 blocks. Luckily I only have 16 bi-color squares per block because those take me about five times longer!!

Well here are some pictures of my first block. (Clickable)

th_100_0052.jpg

And the back, which is crocheted:

th_100_0051.jpg

Wendy - Congratulations on your anniversary!! 20 years is a great milestone!! :manyheart My parents are hitting 25 in October and I must figure out what to do for them.

I'm about ready to go back to my old glasses, since neither the top nor the bottom work at all well with the computer screen.

Linda...and other ladies of a "certain age"...I keep my old glasses (weaker prescription) for computer work...

Try it.

Maggie...BEAUTIFUL colors! In some of my "made-up" patterns from years ago I used the sc to join squares in the front - made for an interesting look:D

Wendy, congrats!!:manyheart

The next 20years are even more fun!!:lol:yes

Wendy--Congrats on 20 years!!

Maggie--You blackford looks fabulous! I like those colors! Its so much fun to see the colors people choose on the same patterns. I like how the star and the square are both bold...my star tends to fade but its growing on me!

I like how the star and the square are both bold...my star tends to fade but its growing on me!

I don't think it fades -- it looks great to me! It will be a great finished product. In fact I like the main color you're using better than the white I'm using -- what yarn is that?

Maggie - Beautiful work! It's coming along just Great! :yay:cheer:yay

The pinwheel pattern calls for 6 blocks in the afghan, but I think I'm just doing 4 bolocks as it is for Kim to cuddle up in in her chair and 4 will be a great size for that. I'll know for sure when I get the 4 done. I got 9 more squares crocheted while at a meeting this evening.

Wendy - Congratulations on your anniversary and Best wishes for many more.:hug

Judi - I've worn bifocals for many years, just not this type. In fact, I pulled out my old ones this evening and went back to them. :P I'm tired of fighting with the others and not being able to see what I'm doing on too many things. The prescription wasn't a super big change, so hopefully I can get away with the old ones for a while longer.

Shaylen - Now, now. I SAID that I'd rather not use it on either one of you.:devil

Thanks everyone. I hope to have many more anniversaries. Kelly has cadets tonight so we wont be going out but Im bringing home chinese for tea...yum

My rail fence block is also 144 squares. Its going to make quite big pillows.

Maggie your block looks amazing. What yarn are you using, I quite like the colors.

I second the motion for Tabby to be the referee... all in favour, raise your crochet hooks.

Good evening everyone!

Wow, JulieKay, what a nice hubby you have. It's apparent that he knows we would have a hard time without you.

Wendy, Happy Anniversary!

Maggie, I love the colors on your block. It's neat to see that just a little change of one color and where you put each color can give it a different feel.

Have a nice evening or morning everyone depending on when you read this!

Linda Y

Hey Linda

Good luck with the glasses -- you must have the same thing my eyes do. It sounds weird, but the farther away things are, the better I can see them . I see close up things just fine. And my arms seem to be growing shorter too. Must have something to do with the eyes going bad-- it shortens your arms. :lol

Maggie- very pretty ! Love the colors .

Wendy - Congrats on your anniversary. That is a milestone, for sure ! We're coming up on number 30 in June .

as for Survivor, yep, it's good like usual ! I havent really picked a favorite yet. It is still early in the game and don't know everyone real well yet , but there are a couple I have my eye on who may make it pretty far .

Man, all this talk of the BAT is making me pretty antsy . :sweat

Good morning everyone. Hope you all have great days. I'll jump on when I can. I think it's going to be squares and more squares for me today. :hook John has double header softball games tonight so the bats will be swinging and hopefully connecting with the balls. Hehehehe! :devil

Good Morning! I'm trying to be good and stay off the computer until I catch up on "happy housewife" stuff, but that is so boring. ;)

Hopefully, I'll finish my block by tonight!:hook Have a great day, everyone. :)

Morning Ladies

Im spending the day working on my cassa...ive got six rows taken apart,weaved in the ends and whipped back together :P Im hoping to have it put back together by photo Friday...My middle finger is going numb from the needle :lol But its looking tons better.

Have a great day everyone!!:hug

ETA-Maggie you're quilt is looking great...i love the colors.

Housewife stuff. I need to do that, too. I have to mop. I hate to mop. It's awful hard on me :( I wanna work on my Pretty Gingham today. Maybe I'll just do the kitchen and bathroom :hook

I almost thought i'de have to turn that bat on myself after not crocheting a stitch yesterday. :eek But, i'm making up for it today & already have another row of squares on my ghan. ;)

Linda~I hope they win there games today, good luck. :cheer

Mary~Have fun with your "happy housewife" stuff. :D:lol

Shay~Yeah, isn't that sewing finger a bummer?? Ugghhh, but worth it. I can't wait to see pics. on Friday. :clap

Cara~Good Luck with the mopping, be careful. :hug I hope you get some time with you hook & ghan. :hook:yarn

I'm off to crochet some more. Have a good one. :manyheart

Archived