Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Great work, Rachel!:clap

...and I remember coming home from work "back in the day" and finding that my Philodendron was shrinking a bit avery day.....:devil

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are talking about snow and my flowers are blooming here in Tennessee. I have not checked lately because I have been busy with the Februray Charity Blitz. Hopefully will be back on track this week.

Have a great day.

Pam

Rachel that is beautiful. well done on getting heaps of squares made.

Athba congrats on getting the first row done.

Julie how's it going mate. You will get there dont worry.

Tabby wow 20inches of snow, arent you guys supposed to be having spring now.

Wendy~Yeah, suppose to be spring time but obviously Jack Frost had other plans. :lol

Rachel~That is coming along beautifully. :cheer:clap:cheer

Cara~Yeah, not much sympathy here either but I did go out & watch for a bit. :devil:lol Took some pics. of him & the kids in the snow. ;)

Hi! Just checking in after a busy day and company is coming for dinner. I miss my squares, :( but will make some tomorrow.

Rachel ~ It's looking great...I love the colors!:hook

Tabby ~ We're changing your username to "Queen of Snow." :lol:flake

Is it too late to join in the fun? I have *always* wanted to make a quilt, and these patterns are absolutely gorgeous! I want to make them all! :c9 lol..

Anyway I've decided to make Blackford's Beauty for my boyfriend's mom for Mother's Day. I always make afghans for Mother's Day so I'm usually really busy this time of year! I bought the yarn today and I'm already almost done with the first 1/12 block.

I read a lot of the posts about Caron SS and I was kind of on the fence about it, but I really don't like RH...I made a baby blanket out of blocks for my son using the RH and it was way too heavy and stiff. And since all I've got is a small Walmart, those are my two options. So...I am going to stick with the SS, and I'm just knotting all my ends. :shrug

I picked white, light country blue, dark country blue, and plum wine. :hook

:welcome Maggie!

C'mon in...it's fun in here :hook I would like to know how the SS works out...I've always been a little apprehensive about using it :lol And good for you already finishing one block :clap

Well i guess im in trouble :( Tabby's even digging out the bat for a few of us...i have got nothing done on eny of them :blush i was to busy working on my tablecloth(thread :P ),my table just looked so bare,the dog ate my yarn???A hurricane blew away my hooks??Ok,Ok i was just to wraped up in my own little world and didnt get to it.I promise to try harder.

Everybody's guilts look so good and you are getting so far....i must get with it or i will be left here all alone.

Ok back at it..have a great night ladies.

Welcome Maggie!!

Welcome, Maggie!

We're not going anywhere, so you'll always have company:D

...we're all "hooked" on Cara's designs!:lol

Athba, I ADORE the casa...but since I began assembling the charity 'ghans I have gotten so far behind on my other CAL's that the casa will have to wait till I finish at least ONE of the others! Sometime in April I'll most likely be closing the thread I started asking for the charity squares.

The casa is still on my list under my sig line...with a "?"... When I do make it, I'll use a bigger hook so hopefully it will be large enough to fit across my king-size bed:)

juddiane

i see

actully i`ve used hokk 5mm and each square is 3'' so it`s much bigger than the one cara did

how big is a king size bed?? :think

i don`t know what size i`m gonna buy for my bed room if i got marreid but deffintly the biggest :lol so i want the casa fits it :cheer

Good Morning All! :manyheart

Welcome Maggie! :D I'm also using caron SS for the pretty gingham & it looks and feels like it'll hold up. :think We shall see, but I think it'll be fine. :bounce

Shay~:tryme :tryme :tryme And it can be used on more then one of you :rofl

Good Morning! :)

Maggie, welcome. We really do have a lot of fun. :manyheart Your colors will be wonderful for that pattern.

Shaylen ~ I think we're all going to be here for a long time! :hook

Hi, everyone. Sorry to be MIA most of last week. :blush I had 12 hour days with Kim most of the week and lots of other stuff going on, which meant that I only had access to the computer late in the evening when I was tired. I managed to get the day's postings read, but that was about it.:ccompute I really miss having the upstairs computer available to jump on to during the day. :sigh I cranked out 4 Preemie afghans and 6 preemie hats last week and have started working on the squares for my next block of the pinwheel. Also got two more rows of blocks crocheted for the crib afghan. No pictures for the week. Everyone's pictures are gorgeous! Great progress!:applause

Maggie - Welcome! We're all going to be around for a long time, so come on in and join the fun.:welcome

Cara - I went to the library yesterday and checked out three books on patchwork quilts. You've inspired me to look at the pictures and patterns and see if I can find a really pretty pattern to turn into an afghan. :book Anyway, time will tell on that little side trip. It seems like there ought to be at least one in the three books. Most of the patterns are ones that have been around a long time as quilts.

Tabby - 20" of snow! All at once! :snow That's one of the reasons I love it down here in Georgia. I don't have to deal with snow! By the way, John plays softball, so we have plenty of bats around here, too. Do you need some help with Shaylen and Julie? :tryme Hehehehe!:rofl

Welcome Maggie! That's the pattern I'm doing too--in country blue, dk country blue, bone, and grey. Your colors sound great! I've had no problems using simply soft. I must have missed the conversation about using them. The threads split every now and then but nothing too terrible. It does seem like it'll be heavy though. I've finished 1 and a little over a half now.

Cara-- What's the best way for adjoining blocks? The squares are all joined with a color that is on one side of the square I am working on--but that would mean changing thread a lot when adjoining squares. What do you think?

oh and put in mind bigger squares will have bigger halls;)

...I don't understand the last part of what you said here...? I must be tired:P

Oh, and Athba, a king size bed is the same size as 2 twin mattresses put next to each other (which is what mine is). Treated with one sheet and king sized bedding it gives you lots of room...you know...for when you want to stretch out :>)....

Cara-- What's the best way for adjoining blocks? The squares are all joined with a color that is on one side of the square I am working on--but that would mean changing thread a lot when adjoining squares. What do you think?

Hate to break it to you but yep, it means lots of changing thread :yes Are you whipstitching them together or crocheting them together? I whipstitch mine but I know some of the ladies are crocheting them together.

Judi - I think Athba meant "holes". That's the whole (oooh a pun ::oops) "beauty" to my method. Hope that doesn't sound immodest :blush. But the tiny squares with minimal holes is what makes for a denser fabric and make them look more like quilts, imho :D

Archived