Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Wendy, that is GORGEOUS!! I can see if I make one down the road I can tweak it by increasing my hook size so it'll cover my king size bed!! What size hook did you use - and do you crochet tightly? I do.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Everyone! I am trying to catch up this morning with all the posts I missed. I was sick over the weekend and then when I tried to post, I couldn’t because of my change of internet service that I did with my move. I think everything is straightened out now. :cheer

I guess I can join you all in the frustration of sewing on those bi-color squares in the wrong direction. I have done it quite a few times and am trying to be very careful from this point in making sure I don’t do it again.

Julie - glad to hear that Cam is doing better. I came down with that bug on Sunday and although I feel better, my stomach is still not back to normal.

Tabby - Your Do-Si-Do is beautiful! I know what you mean about this becoming addicting. I am only working on my 3rd square of the Ohio Star.

Athba - congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I am sure everything will be fantastic.

Cara - your ghan looks great. I really like the colors. Seeing what everyone else is doing and how fantastic they all look makes it really hard to decide what I would like to do next.

Tami - We have been having the spring weather with some snow on the ground as well. Sooner or later it all has to melt, doesn’t it?

I love AC Moore, but get so mad at myself because every time I go there, I spend too much money. So I have been trying to stay away for awhile. I really enjoy their midnight madness sales though.

Wendy - Wow! Your Casa looks fantastic! I feel guilty because I am only on 3rd block. I promise pics as soon as it is completed.

Okay, time to go to work. Will see you all soon.

Thanks everyone. :blush:hug

Julie yes this will probably become an heirloom. Its nice to be able to hand something you have made down to your children, but Im not making 2 of them. I have already made the blue star so that can go to one of them and this one to the other. I just hope it stands the test of time with 2 cats in the house.

Judi I am using a size g hook and my crocheting is not really tight but not loose either.

Athba the square pillow you see in the background is one I have made. I did a wool embroidery course and everything you can see on that pillow I embroidered and then sewed the pillow together. Its the only thing I made in wool embroidery before I realised it just wasnt for me.

Wendy--Thats beautiful!!

Cara-- My bicolors might not actually be larger--I think when I put them on top of solid ones they are accurate, but they just SEEM so much bigger! While I've not posted a picture yet--I love the pattern I'm using. It really seems like you could almost any color combo and have it turn out beautiful. Of course, I've got 11 more blocks to do in an ideal world! 8 if I decide to cop out of my obligations :)

No progress to report! Yesterday afternoon was spent in the dentist. The rest of the night was spent waiting for the numbness to wear off so I could accurately report to the dentist how I was feeling. We did watch Marie Antoinette though! Pretty good movie although it doesn't get into the events leading up to her beheading.

Rachel and Tabby thanks.

Rachel dont you just hate going to the dentist.

I took my daughter to the dentist a few years ago so she would have been around 7 years old. She had to have a filling and of course her lip was numb. Anyway I took her back to school only to have to return a few hours later as she had chewed her numb lip to the point it had swollen to twice the size. My poor baby, I took her back to the dentist who gave her some antibotics and then she had the afternoon off. Me being a mad scrapbooker at the time couldnt resist taking a photo. It hasnt scared her off going to the dentist though which is good.

Aussie-The poor thing! She probably didn't even know she was doing it! Every trip to the dentist is an ordeal for me. One of my previous dentists told me the best thing I could possibly do for myself would have been to marry a dentist. Apparently I've got the worst teeth in the world and there is always osmeting going and something hiding beneath the surface. I was told either filling or crown she prepped yesterday oculd need a root canal. I haven't needed to take any medicine today so hopefully everything is ok.

Good night Wendy!!

Wendy - That is drop dead gorgeous!! You are doing such a beautiful job :clap Love those bed linens, too ;)

Jackie - Aww, hon, I sure hope you feel better soon :hug Sounds like you're on the road to recovery, though :manyheart

So anyway, since I'm halfway done on the Roundabout and don't have another WIP I decided to start the Pretty Gingham baby quilt yesterday. I'm surrounded by pregnant women these days :eek Must be something in the water :lol I'm doing it in greens. This thing works up really quick. I was pleasantly surprised :yes I got 4 whole strips done yesterday! But back to the Roundabout today so maybe I can have a block by Photo Friday :D

Have a great day, my friends :hook

Jackie ~ So glad you are almost settled in...I think there are still a few mystery boxes from our last move 5 years ago! :D Hope you are feeling better.:manyheart

Rachel ~ :hug from a fellow frequent dental patient. A lot of my problems were inherited, but no one figured that out till I was in my 40s!

Cara ~ The Gingham quilt is wonderful. :) I've been looking for shades of yellow for it...is there such a thing in ww yarn? The few I've seen are not very pretty. Show us pictures, please. :yes

Housework this morning, :( squares this afternoon! :hook

Mary - I wanted yellow also and couldn't find anything either :no Okay, that's my mission...to find a yellow to do this one in :) I'll get some photos if the sun ever comes out this morning :P And I'm with you on the inherited dental problems. Never even knew such a thing could be inherited, figured teeth were teeth, right? Well, that changed when my sisters and I started having all those problems. I believe I paid for my dentists new pool :lol

Sun came out briefly, well kind of....so here's a couple attempts at photos of the Pretty Gingham. I'm using RHs Light Sage, Frosty Green and White.

gingham1.png

gingham.png

Not too bad so far :)

Cara-- I love it!! Its so funny how the white squares don't look white at all!! Beautiful floors though!

Thanks for all the empathy about the dentist!

Hubby will be gone all of Saturday and most of Sunday. I'm seeing that as a square extravaganza as most of the housework is done!

Cara & Mary~I feel you pain, I have been looking for colors for the pretty gingham for almost a week. UGHHHH! I thought i'de have it half done by now, geesh. Our Walmart here is just about out of RH yarn, they really need to restock. Maybe they have, i'll have to check again tomorrow. A yellow one sounds so pretty. I hope I can find something because i'm going through square withdrawal. :eek I'm making 4 1/2" squares for the tetris & it's just not the same. I really want to start this soon.

Cara~That is gorgeous. :cheer:clap:cheer

Rachel~I feel for ya because I hate the dentist. I hope all is well, good luck. :manyheart

Archived