i think addected crocheters are all the same :lol

wendy

thanks for the sopport :hug

i know it worth i`m so happy and feeling as if its dream

i love my fiance and we never thought we will reach this poin that soon :heart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so happy yesterday, the temperature here was almost 70 and my granddaughter Amanda and I sat on the front porch swing and had an enjoyable talk. :hugs It was so nice and it isn't too often anymore that we get quality time. Her being a teenager with a boyfriend and always on the go... and not always wanting to spend time with "grandma". Anyway, we were talking about going for a long walk together today, but this morning it is raining and they are talking about freezing rain tonight and 4-8" of snow tomorrow. What happened to spring?

Cara - Your Gingham quilt looks really nice. You are doing a great job!

I know it is only Thursday, but here is a picture of 2 of my 3 Ohio Star squares. I still have the blue one packed away and haven't happened on the box yet.

th_000_1765.jpg

Since I am doing it in different colors, I am assembling each square and then when I have enough squares done, I will decide which squares to put together for the best color combination. I am making this for a friend who really things colorful and figured she will enjoy it.

Good morning ladies :flower

Judi - Love that bright ghan! I bet that's a fun challenge to make an entire piece out of packages of squares made by different folks and never knowing what colors will appear :yes

Jackie - What a great idea using different colored squares! Can't wait to see it all together :cheer

Jap - Long time no see! Welcome back :manyheart

I was on crochet auto-pilot or something yesterday. Before I knew it I had another Roundabout block complete and 2 more strips on the Pretty Gingham. I haven't worked that fast in years :faint Paying for it a bit today though :blush Don't know if I'm really loving the greens for the gingham :no Today is my day out...may have to try finding some yellows....really had my heart set on yellow. I'm definately gonna try Rachel's idea of creams and a yellow. That one just might work :yes Brilliant!

Wishing everyone a great day :manyheart

Cara--Good luck with your outing! If you are successful I want to see a picture of the yarn you got!

Athba--Good luck with the wedding preparations. It's easy to get overwhelmed so try not to focus so much on all the details!

Judi and Jackie--Love the progress you've both made!

I'm plodding along on my second block. I would have gotten more done but took time out (45 min) to talk to my girlfriend who moved to Florida! Ooops. But it was worth it :)

Good Afternoon All! :manyheart

I am ashamed to say I haven't crocheted since noon time yesterday & I only did a few small pieces to a stuffed bunny yesterday. :eek I was exhausted that I wanted to do it but couldn't even lift myself up to get it. :lol Then this a.m. I had pre-school with Jaden. It is raining cats & dogs today so I hope to get more accomplished. I'm hoping to get to the store tonight to pick up colors for the pretty gingham.

Jap~Welcome Back! :)

Jackie~Those are beautiful & I love the different colors together, great idea. :cheer:clap

Cara~Good Luck finding that yellow. I hope to find some pretty colors for it myself. ;)

Cara, you're right about the challenge of putting together the colors - but it's been fun! The next one (nearly done) is being put together a little differently...I'm always experimenting! My Secret Pal even sent me more varigated bright squares today - just when I needed them!!:clap

Happy Thursday Afternoon!

Athba ~ Our daughter got married last May and it was so much fun to get it all together, but lots of details! Enjoy all the preparations...and crochet to relax a little when you can. :manyheart

Mel ~ :yay Can't wait for pictures!

Cara, you're right about the challenge of putting together the colors - but it's been fun! The next one (nearly done) is being put together a little differently...I'm always experimenting! My Secret Pal even sent me more varigated bright squares today - just when I needed them!!:clap

You are so talented at placing the squares...I just love the most recent picture. :hook

Judi~Your latest ghan is very color & pretty. I love the square placement also. Great job! :clap:cheer:clap

I went & bought some yarn today since we're suppose to get 10-16" of snow tomorrow. :eek After 50's & 60 degree temps. all week, what is going on?? :think Geesh, I really hope they're yanking my chain & it doesn't drop a flake here but somehow I doubt it. Anyways, I couldn't decide on colors for my ghan so I got a couple combos. :lol I found yellow & after everyone talking about the yellows I couldn't help myself. They looked so cheery & pretty. I also went with purples, so i'll really have to get rolling here with some squares. :yes:hook

Tabby, we want to hear all about the yellow yarn! :) Did you find shades that you like? I hope your weatherman is wrong.:(

I've done 54 of 100 squares for my first block this week. They're joined in strips... :clap

Hello Everybody, thank you for the warm welcome back!!! These lil squares have proven to be very addictive!!!! I can not stop myself either!!! And my lil guy thinks they are fun to play with. He says they are crabby patties! ha ha ha. The colors I was going to do for the Do Si Do, were Black, white and grey. But I decided instead of grey, i would use jeweltone fiesta by Redheart! Very pretty, and I have lots in my secret STASH!!!! It looks very striking up against the black and white yarn. As soon as I get a square completed I will give you a sneak peak picture. Until then, keep on crocheting and showing those beautiful photos of your work! Absolutely beautiful jobs done by all!!!! hugs jeni

Hey, Tabby, where in NY do you live?! By Syracuse? We may not get it oo bad (I'm a little further south of you) but there's nothing better than hunkering down with our crocheting, right?:c9

And thanks for your comment re the ghan:hug ...for someone like me, who has a VERY low threshold of boredom, working with a potporri of colors is right up my alley!:lol:yay

Life is meant to be enjoyed:yes

Rats no two good shades of yellow for the gingham :angry But I did get a bunch of RH's Cornmeal (love that shade of yellow :)) to make a ghan for my sissy. Okay, lesse now, need one for a baby shower, one for sissy, one for brother-in-law, and one for....Oh no! What have I gotten myself into?!? :eek

Figure I might have them done by May....of 2012 :lol Better get busy :hook

I know it is only Thursday, but here is a picture of 2 of my 3 Ohio Star squares. I still have the blue one packed away and haven't happened on the box yet.

th_000_1765.jpg

Since I am doing it in different colors, I am assembling each square and then when I have enough squares done, I will decide which squares to put together for the best color combination. I am making this for a friend who really things colorful and figured she will enjoy it.

Thats beautiful Jackie, I love the different colors:clap :cheer

Mary wow you have done heaps of squares this week.. well done.

Cara sounds like you are going to busy for a long time.

Jeni your colors sound beautiful for your do si do. yes these squares are very addictive arent they. They are also easy to cart around and do just about anywhere.

Tabby hows it going, I see your going to get more snow. I thought it was spring there now.

Hi everyone! I wanted to post my pictures for foto Friday hehe. :) I've been working on this about 3 weeks I guess, off and on, but I haven't put a picture up yet. The first two pictures are the block with burgandy then navy squares. They're not joined, but I wanted to show you what kind of idea it is. I have a lot more squares made, but not enough of all the colors to put out more at a time. The third picture is a graph of what I'm going for, as this is a quilt square modified for crochet. I'm having so much fun with these! I'm going to give this to one of my sisters for Christmas. I'm making a few (hopefully) and will let them choose which they like best for their present. I know it's early to do this, but it'll take a while, so I'd better start early.

Thanks for looking!

Victoria

2003_0101QuiltAfghan0002.jpg

2003_0101QuiltAfghan0001.jpg

2003_0101QuiltAfghan0003.jpg

Good Morning!

Mary~I don't think the yellows I bought will work after all. :angry I bought two different brands of baby yarn in order to get a darker & lighter but they are two completely different weights, ugghhh. I knew that at the store but thought I could work it out. I'll just have to make a yellow baby ghan. :D I decided to use the purples for the baby gingham. :)

Cara~I love the cornmeal too, I have a couple skeins laying around waiting for me to use them. This is how I get stash. :lol Good Luck with all of your ghans.

Judi~I live south of Albany in Columbia County. Do you know where that is?? I can only hope the weatherman changed his mind & we'll get little to nothing. It would make great crochet weather if I wouldn't be forced to go sledding. :eek Kidddsssss, gotta love them. :manyheart

Wendy~It's almost spring, March 21st. Jack Frost doesn't seem to care that it's too close to spring to be cold & snow. GRRRR.........

Vickie~That is beautiful, good luck with it. :cheer

Archived