Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

juddiane

i meant that if you made the grannies bigger then tha empty spaces between them will be also bigger

so when you have smaller empty spaces you`ll have warmer afghan

got it;)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
juddiane

i meant that if you made the grannies bigger then tha empty spaces between them will be also bigger

so when you have smaller empty spaces you`ll have warmer afghan

got it;)

Got it...

In my case, that will also make the blanket easier to pick up and carry, because it will be lighter (with the bigger holes!)!!:D

Linda~Thanks, i'll need all the help I can get with those two. :devil:lol :lol I wish I lived in Georgia right about now. :yes I would love to move to a warmer climate but my Hubby loves the snow, he wants to move to Alaska. :no

After doing the Do-Si-Do I also switched back to the whip-stitching, it looks so much better. The sc'ing was much easier but since i'm a perfectionist i'm going with what works the best. :D

Hello everyone!

I've been following this thread for a little while. I've completed my first block of the Blackford Beauty in Red Heart Soft White, Windsor Blue, Dusty Blue, and Sage and have started on the second block. I'm another one of those that has trouble finishing projects, especially big ones. . .

I'll post a picture shortly.

Linda Y

Judi - Yes, I agree with you...seems more control (for me anyway) whipstitching them together :yes

Linda - :welcome Glad to have you aboard! Can't wait to see your photos :cheer

Wow, Tab-

I feel soory for you guys getting all that snow dumped on you again. The day that hit, we got freezing rain with a little snow on top, but it's almost all melted now. It's still kinda cold out, but not bad.

Don't worry, you won't have to get your bat - I have been working away at my squares . :)

Welcome, Maggie !!!

Shay -- I'm glad I'm not the only one Tabby is swinging the bat at. You can go first. I'll wait in line behind you ~:D

Wendy- hey there, Mate-- that is nice . First time anyone ever called me mate . I've been called a Space Cadet and a Piece of Work, and other names that are not allowed on a G-rated board, but I like mate the best !

Guess what, we had ten drops of rain this week. It was great to get that much rain, we really needed it.

Tabby how are you crocheting squares with that bat in your hand. Your very talented.

Julie, howdy, Im glad to see your still doing squares.

I have done enough squares to add another 2 rows to the casa. Now Im trying to put the squares together for the rail fence. I have decided that its easier to join the square one at a time instead of doing strips. Im on the 3rd row, hopefully I will have a block done for photo friday.

Linda Y - From one Linda to another - WELCOME!! :welcome Your block looks Great!:yay:cheer:yay

I just got new glasses. I've always had no-line bi-focals and that's what I ordered this time. However, what came were lined bi-focals. I'm getting lost in the line all the time and neither piece seems to work well with the computer screen. Yuck!!!!! This is the first day I've worn them and I'm not liking them at all.:no

I've been crocheting squares off & on all day. I think I made good progress on a couple projects. I did 1 more row of the gingham, (10) 4 1/2" squares for my tetris ghan, & two pieces of my stuffed bunny wabbit :rabbit . I even whip-stitched the gingham squares on & weaved in the ends. :cheer And I did all with the bat in my hand. :tryme:bow:wink:haha

I've been crocheting squares off & on all day. I think I made good progress on a couple projects. I did 1 more row of the gingham, (10) 4 1/2" squares for my tetris ghan, & two pieces of my stuffed bunny wabbit :rabbit . I even whip-stitched the gingham squares on & weaved in the ends. :cheer And I did all with the bat in my hand. :tryme:bow:wink:haha

Tabby, you make me tired:tired .....

All I've done today is work on the charity squares - tweaking several so I can use them. That had my brain working, at least:P :lol

Judi~:lol You are too funny. I was just keeping myself busy in this cold snowy weather. Nothing else to do while I watch cartoons/movies with Jaden. ;) You do tons, the amount of charity ghans you put together should get you in the hall of fame. :yes:hook:yarn:manyheart

PS:It's not everyday that mine brain works well so I take it when I can. :confused:heehee

Archived