Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everyone,

Rachel I have found that if you leave enough thread at the end of the square its enough to whipstitch to the row and to the ghan all at once. I have been doing it this way and found its much easier and you use less thread. So I guess you can say Im adding a square at a time.

How is everyone going.

Im trying to finish my first rail fence block for friday but Im only on to row 6 out of 12.

Howdy there Pardners:cowboy

Just an update on me-- I have been working steadily as I can on my woven blocks. I hate to even inform you all that I have yet again changed horses midstream . I have changed horses so many times, the horses all climbed out of the stream and are standing on the bank wondering what move I'll make next .

Anyhow, I AM working on mine ,it's not real far done yet but I have the top row complete and together as of now .

Anyhow, just thought I'd let you all know I am still plodding along at my own pace. :fire

My horses deserted me, Tabby is threatening to pull out her slingshot and let 'er rip, so I am crocheting with my head down so one of those rocks doesn't knock me for a loop .

:slingshot

Morning Ladies

Im spending the day working on my cassa...ive got six rows taken apart,weaved in the ends and whipped back together :P Im hoping to have it put back together by photo Friday...My middle finger is going numb from the needle :lol But its looking tons better.

Have a great day everyone!!:hug

ETA-Maggie you're quilt is looking great...i love the colors.

Shaylen ~ :( So sorry you've had to take some apart, but I know you'll be happier when it's finished! :D

Evening everyone. I finally finished another row on my country heart afghan. Have been working on squares so it will go a little faster. I probably have about twenty five squares complete. It takes 22 to make one row.

Pam

Hi, all. I got a fourth of the next block whipstitched together today. :hook Kim and I went outside and sat in our glider and read for about an hour and a half this afternoon. Temp was in the mid 70's. Really nice. When we came in, Trouble brought in a stick and left bits of bark all over the house. :dog Sigh!!!!! I got the biggest bits picked up, but will have to vacuum up the rest. She really lives up to her name some days. John's softball team won one of their games tonight and lost the other by only one run. :tryme

Pam ~ :yay Great! I love the Country Hearts... show us pictures when you can!

Wendy ~ How are all of your ghans coming along? We know you have so many to work on! :eek

Julie ~ So glad you're crocheting again. :hook

Linda T. ~ Wow! You are really making progress. :yes Our weather has been warm, but windy and very light rain. That's okay, because if it was better, yardwork would cut into my crochet time!;)

Lindabee-

Sounds like you are making steady progress ! You amaze me that you get so much done -- your life seems very busy . You must use your time much more wisely than I do . I don't know what I do with all my time..... :think

Pam- I have been wanting to see the one you are working on ,so this will be exciting to see a photo once you get some of it together .

Shay- well, I just asked her to HOLD the bat --- now try to take it away from her . I don't think anyone here has enough power to take her down and wrestle her for it. She's only half my age, so she would beat me in a wrestling match. Maybe some of you others out there are tough enough to give her a sneak attack --- come up from beind her and yank it out of her hands before she sees you. That's our only hope .

Morning everyone,

Rachel I have found that if you leave enough thread at the end of the square its enough to whipstitch to the row and to the ghan all at once. I have been doing it this way and found its much easier and you use less thread.

That's a great reminder, Wendy. I wish I'd know all this when I made those bazillion squares for my cat quilt (not even close to being done).

Hi Wendy

Yep, I'm usually awake by 5 if not sooner . I don't always check in here that early, but I'm up moving around by then .

I am almost done with my second row on my Woven blocks, so that is exciting for me to have that much done . I won't get much done today. Cam will be here later this morning and the rest of the day and evening . His mom has to work late tonite, so I will have him til 8 .

We may get to go outside for awhile today if the weather cooperates. It will be around 50 something today I think, but it may rain, I'm not sure .

Anyhow, we'll get out for a little while if we can . He loves riding his bike and his jeep and taking wagon-rides .

Julie, kids (esp little boys) are like puppies with their energy level! One good thing, they keep us "older ladies" moving!:lol

Take your vitamins!:D

Little ones are so precious...:manyheart

Morning, everyone. Just jumped on for a few minutes before going upstairs to be with Kim. Hope everyone has a good day. Keep those hooks flying. :hook I think that I'll be doing more whipstitching today, although I'm not sure on which project. :devil I have way too many WIPs it seems some days. Not too many permanent UFOs though. :devil

Julie - I feel like I lead a quiet life with Kim most days. I can stay more peaceful if my fingers stay busy though. Enjoy your day with Cam and give him a hug for me. :hug

Good Morning, Ladies! :) Just 5 more squares and 2 rows to connect on my first Ohio Star Variant block. I'm on my way to an appointment, but SURELY I can finish by this evening.

Everyone have a great day. :manyheart

Hi, Wendy. I'm always thinking things will take less time than they do!:think I've never been "speedy" with my crocheting or other needlework, so it's good there is no deadline on anything for a while! :yarn:yes:yarn

Okay Ladies...it's way too quiet. I can only assume that you are all getting ready for Photo Friday!:photo My first block is finished, but DH takes our only digital camera when he travels and he'll be home tonight. :) My eyes need a break, so I'm not crocheting tonight, but will be back with my hook tomorrow! :hook Have a good evening.

Archived