Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I can always count on you :manyheart

Julie - Don't worry, honey! You'll kick that nasty ol' Crochet Funk! :lol I think we all go through it at some time :yes Actually crocheting all I needed of one color, then doing the next color is how I used to do them til I started doing them a block at a time. Idiot that I am, when I first started I made all the squares for the entire quilt at once then stitched them together. Talk about a chore :rofl Oh and I forgot about Eggnog. That was a gorgeous color! Wish they'd quit discontinuing colors :grump

Mary - Oh that looks great!! Even with a row on backward :heehee

th_OhioStarVariant.jpg Clickable

Hi. Here is my Ohio Star Variant with half of the squares done, but strips not stitched together! :D

There are some of my favorite colors again!! It's going to look GREAT!!:cheer

I was able to get two rows of the baby gingham done. :clap

Mary~That looks great. I'm sure it'll look even better with the rows on the right way. :haha Atleast they're not sewn yet because i'm ashamed to say i've done that. :oops

Julie~I hope you are able to get SQUARE MAD this weekend. Good Luck, i'm rooting for ya. :cheer And if that doesn't work, there's always the :tryme.

Thank you all! :) I WILL whipstitch the rows in the right order. :lol

Our weather is beautiful and we have family "stuff" this weekend, but I will make time for some squares...after I clean out my herb garden! :leaf

Well, we got the dreaded snow yesterday! I stayed inside and cleaned and rearranged some furniture. I did a little crocheting, but not as much as I would have liked to.:(

Victoria - I really like your pattern. Can’t wait to see what it looks like when you finish it.

Tabby - I have always liked the purple shades too. It is one of my favorite colors. :)

Cara - Both your patterns look so nice. Looking at your baby gingham makes me think I might want to make that one for an upcoming baby shower. It is for a girl, so I may use pinks, but not sure yet.

Melanie - Congratulations on the job. Although you are busy, we know you will find some time to keep on crocheting.:hook

Julie Kay - There is a hardware store in my area that also sells the Red Heart yarn and I stop there a lot when I need a specific color to finish a project. It is so much closer than any of the craft stores.

Mary - Your Ohio Star Variant looks great so far. I really like the colors. At least you noticed your mistake before you sewed them together…it still looks good.:yes

Nice work, Mary --

You'll get them put together right, I'm sure-- they look very nice and neat ~

Tabby- yea, you may have to start swinging that bat befoe it's over . :lol

Can't wait to see your shades of purple worked up - it'll be a dazzler, that's for sure .

Cara- thanks for being so understanding about my slump. I'll come out of it . I think I am to some extent, just not on high gear yet . The gearshift gets a little rusty at my age and takes longer to change speeds .

Howdy over there, Wendy ! Long time, no talk. :manyheart

Jackie- I had never heard of a hardware store with yarn. I was so excited the first time I walked in there. I went in to get some posterboard and markers and came out with a sack of yarn bigger than I was ! :hook

julie

how is your ghan??? i would love to see your progress so far??

did i mention once that you are so tallented in combineing colors? i love the way you mix and match them :heart

Hi Athba Im probably one row past halfway now but havent added the squares to the ghan yet. I have been madly making squares all week while I watch my tv shows.

Unfortunately there really isnt a quick way to do them. Crocheting the squares together is still the quickest way I reckon but I have been using my dark color to do this but if I have white on white then I change to that color.

Your best bet is once you have enough for a row or two then start putting it together it seems to go quicker that way then if you made all the squares then put it together.

My cat quilt is still sitting here, waiting to be assembled because I made all the squares FIRST!

Next time it's going to be the way you do it, Wendy: make enough squares to complete and assemble for a portion of the ghan. Espcially when it's a big one! I'm soooo not into trying to find all of them...it's going to get finished, but a variation (read: easier) version!

thanks wendy

i`m walking with the squares all over my room :lol

i have to make those steps

ohh i have lots of work

i wanted to walk today with my sis as asport to get some fitness and shapness for my body i also planned to play little sports with cindy crofoord`s tape but i have hard headeck because i stopped drinking coffee

my teeth are turning yellow so i have to stop it and go for the dintest to whitening it :think for my party

Athba I have a treadmill in my spare room and I sit there of a night and say I should really do some walking but then the evil in me says no you have to make squares. So what happens I sit there all night making these squares. But while Im doing this Im drinking heaps of coffee and you cant have coffee without a snack. hehe Im never going to get fit.

did i mentioned that i`m trying in devilesh idea to start a straight ripple ??? oh i`m so addicted

i`ll finish the round one and the 200crochet afghan to take their stashes for my ripple hehehe :lol

Athba

It sounds like you have lots of plans for future afghans ! You kinda sound like me, there are tons I want to make . I get too many in my head then can't seem to concentrate on one . I need to put everything else away and only work on one at a time, then move to the next one .

I don't have any recent photos to post, but will try hard to get something for this next Friday. I have had about as much gumption as a slug the past few weeks . Hope I snap out of it soon .

Good Morning All!

We got hit hard here with the snow. They just gave snow totals on the weather and our town was actually on there at 20". :eek They said we were one of the places that got hit the hardest. My poor Hubby is out unburing the van right now (as you see I don't feel bad enough to help) :devil:lol . I'm hoping to get out the front door & get some good pics. to post on my blog later. I am not going anywhere today in this so yeehaw it'll be a great crochet/movie day. :cheer I hope you all have a great day.

Julie~Don't make me come over there because I will. I'm not afraid to use it.........:tryme :tryme :tryme:rofl

julie

ohh you made as addict as you :lol

nop i`m planning for the straight ripple if i finished both the 200crochet blocks and the round ripple

the reason why .. is that i want the left overs of both afghans for the ripple one

Hello ladies :flower

Oh I just woke up from the most glorious "catch up" sleep :D I haven't slept well in weeks. I need to sleep about half sitting up but all my pillows gave out. DH made me a pillow yesterday and it works like a charm!! Even he was amazed at how much I slept but I feel great now :clap

Julie - Sounds like you've made some progress :yes I'd keep trying if I were you...Tabby looks serious over there :scared

Tabby - Eek!! 20" of snow?!? I'm having flashbacks! :lol I felt sorry for hubby about the first 2 snowfalls and I would help shovel...I got over that real quick :devil Enjoy your day!!

Mimi - Hmm, I've never used one on a bed except for a nap. But DH has been using the Casablanca in his chair every day for the past 9 years and it's still perfect. :lol And he's not one to treat something delicately :wink

Alright you all are not going to believe it, but I've got a picture!

th_P1010143.jpg

This is my progress so far. Not much, but I'm pleased with how the colors are turning out.:clap

Hubby left to help a friend move so I've got the whole day today and half of tomorrow to work on it! No housework for me. No sirree:)

Now if I can only get through the day without killing the cat. She keeps trying to eat the rather crispy fern in the corner of the room:no

Rachel - Great job :clap You've gotten a bunch done! Hooray for crochet days :cheer I feel for ya with the plant eating cat...Misa does that too...and she eats the broom...crazy cats :D

Archived