Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Cara

I'm glad that this CAL has been so much fun for you and I think it'll continue for a long time to come. :)

I know what you mean about crocheting . Sometimes when a lot of other things are going wrong in your life, crocheting is the one thing that gives you some pleasure .It is always there waiting for you, to take you away from your troubles and give you some enjoyment ,or to relieve stress .

I have really grown to need that time a lot within the past year or so, more than ever . I don't know what I'd do without it at this point, even if some days, I get only a few minutes with it each day .

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara and Tabby--Nice work! They are both gorgeous!

Now Cara, I have a bone to pick with you. These bicolor squares seem to be the bane of my existence! Not only do they somehow always seem larger than the solid squares...I'm forever sewing them on in the wrong direction! Even when I think I'm being super careful! Last night I finally finished my first block in Blackford's beauty only to discover that on the last row I had inverted a bicolor square. Luckily I hadn't sewed in ends and it was easy to fix!

No camera batteries yet. Maybe I can at least "borrow" some AA's from another device! *L* You know your desperate when you take the batteries out of the remote in order to take a picture!

Rachel, I have one better - last night I was inches from finishing whipstitching a long strip of squares to one end of a ghan...when I noticed I had placed the strip on BACKWARDS:eek ! Mumbling to myself as I frogged it I said - to myself again (I have great conversations between me and myself:P ) "That's what you get for rushing!" I only have one strip left to join now, but a trip to AC Moore and their yarn sale is calling to me this morning!:D

Good Morning All! :manyheart

Boy did I get up late. All the kiddies are still here getting ready for school. It's a good thing that my Hubby is home today otherwise I would have to go through loops to get my youngest to school because it's too far to walk to. :lol This time change is NOT good. :no

Thank you to everyone that gave me beautiful compliments on the Do-Si-Do. :)

Julie~I understand completely about it being a stress reliever. It's how I self medicate I guess, it makes me feel better even in the worse of times although I seem to not crochet well if i'm upset but I still give it a go. I hope you have more time for you today even though i'm sure you enjoy every minute with Cam. Relax, take care of yourself. :hug:manyheart:hug

Judi--Last week I brought my crochet on the metro thinking I'd be able to get some squares attached on my ride home. So I get sewing and have joined the next square to the row and secured it on both sides. I go on tot he next one and realize "crap, that's on backwards."So I rip it out. Try again, get it attached on both sides "crap, that's on upside down." It took me THREE tries to sew on ONE square! And by the time I was done that, I was at my stop! Ay yi yi!! Myself and I have conversations as well!

Good Morning. :) I've been up since 4:30; DH travels a lot and he had an early flight. Usually when he's gone (his office is at home), I get all caught up...now all I want to do is crochet!

Rachel ~ Yes, the bicolor squares can get me, too. I find myself checking over and over to make sure they're right. Yes, it's all Cara's fault! :lol:devil:lol

Cara ~ We love you and your patterns!:manyheart

:rofl Okay, glad to know I'm not the only one to sew part on backward and/or upside down :rofl I've gotten lucky so far though, knock wood, I haven't given one to someone with it like that. At least I think I haven't :lol

Rachel - Hmmm, that's a new one. Wonder why your bi-colors are coming out larger? :think Same brand of yarn I'm assuming. Well, it may be my fault (sure I'll take the blame :D) but darned if I can even begin to figure out how to solve that one :P

Alright, now that I have the Roundabout halfway finished it's, of course, time to start another WIP. Now, that's the 'Ville's fault :lol I never worked on more that one project before but I love it that way...makes it more interesting :yes

I wish everyone a great day of "therapy" :manyheart Hmm, maybe if I call it that, DH won't balk when I buy more yarn :rofl

I just visited AC Moore...25% off yarn...it called me! I found some beautiful varigated, imported yarn. SOOOOOO soft! It's in shades of green pink, etc. Very Spring-like:D !!

I also got some plain green merino and off white to complement it - I want to use it to make beautiful, girlie, squares. I've seen several squares in my 200 Crochet Blocks pattern book that would look absolutely terrific in these colors...

Not sure what I'll do when I run out of these colors...play with others? It could be the beginning of an interesting patchwork quilt!

CARA!! you've ruined me - all I want to do is make squares!:lol

Hello ladies

It sounds like you are hard at work on your squares.

Tab- thanks - I knew you'd understand . :manyheart

You guys all seem to have no end to patience, when you find mistakes . :)

Judi

Your new yarn sounds pretty. I don't think we have any of those stores in our area. I have heard lots of people on here mention them, but I have yet to find one.

If you are willing to drive into the BIG CITY, you can find JoAnn's , Hobby Lobby and Catan's . Last time I went to all 3, they all had very low yarn supplies. It must be a busy time of year around here for yarn buying-- probably because of the winter months, more people stay in and do craft-type things .

Well, I guess Judi and I went shopping today! :D We don't have AC Moore, either. Do they have lots of yarn?

Since everyone else has more than one WIP, I didn't want to be left out.;) I've started the Ohio Star Variant and got yarn today for the Woven Blocks. :yay

Cara - if you do your own designs, how about going out to one of Hawaiian Quilt links and making a pattern for one. something like this one?

http://www.quilthawaiian.com/hawaiianquiltpatterns.htm

I'd love to be the one who does it first!

Mary, AC Moore has been here for a while and I just got there!! They have a very good variety of yarn, better than Michaels, I think, but with the sale the more common and popular colors/brands were pretty much gone. Oh, I also got some Bernat Satin in different colors of baby yarn...for more of the tiny baby blankets I'll be making to donate down the road.

Boy, did I have a VERY GOOD TIME!!:D:devil:yay

We used to live in NY and AC Moore is the absolute best craft store I have ever been in and, of course, I've been in tons of them all over the country. I email them about once a year begging them to come to Texas but they always say "we have no plans to expand to Texas at this time". Maybe I should email them every six months instead :lol

Mimi - Oh those are gorgeous quilts :yes But I think those lend themselves more toward graphs. And graph ghans and I just don't get along :lol

I actually had a good yarn score this Sunday, too. Sis and I went to the Dollar Tree and they had tons of Lion's Boucle that Hobby Lobby has for $3.49 a skein for just a buck! I bought 15 of a multi-color. I would have bought all 50 or 60 that they had but I'm really trying to be good and not bankrupt us with yarn :devil

Way to go Mary I knew you wouldn't let me down !! :) Well be drowning in squares together. Do I hear a Square party calling? You grab the hooks I'll make the tea! LOL

It's such a beautiful spring day out! kinda deceiving with the snow still on the ground lol. I'm in a tank top but feel like I should still be wearing a winter coat I'm so confused LOL!! Loving the spring day! Time to get working on some more squares before it gets to be too hot out!

Friday, Greg(My bf) has a rock show to do sound for It's outside (pray we still have the warm weather out! ) I'll be going their with him more then likely I'll have my crochet bag with me cranking out those squares!!!!

LOL Cara don't you know hun its all your fault! I suppose it is our fault that we are right handed crocheters! Were the ones not doing it right LOL! KEEP PUSHING OUT THOSE PATTERNS!

Cara, I actually laughed out loud when you said you were trying not to bankrupt yourself by buying too much yarn!! :lol I was sooooo wanting to get more...they had amythest...and I could have gotten more of this green varigated...

So much beautiful yarn and wonderful patterns...and so little time!:(

Me and Julie will be in the home together, still trying to use up our stash!:yay

Judi - are you in rainbow land?

Cara - I guess I better get to know this quilt-gahn stuff better. Thanks for the info.

Tami - Ain't it just the most beutifulest day ever? Just got inside from cleaning the garden by the south side and things are popping up all over.

Mimi, I think I am in rainbow land:D ...and all you have to do is check on the "Bright colored squares..." thread I started - or the pics on my blog to know why. These bright squares I've been working on are rubbing off!:lol

Hi all. I've been experimenting with joining my Ohio Star squares because the colors are darker than Baby Blocks. I'm thinking the dark (claret, windsor) yarn looks better for joining "dark" and aran. :think

Tami ~ How are you doing on all your quilt ghans? :)

Judi ~ Isn't Bernat Satin wonderful? :manyheart Our JoAnns carries it, but they are always low on colors and quantity.

Wow, Wendy !

That is SO pretty ! What a lot of work went into that . That looks to me like something that will be an heirloom one day to be passed down . Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have 2 daughters .....SO, you'll have to make another to pass down to her too ! Think you can do 2 of them ? :D

I didn't realize how big that would turn out to be ! Great work .:c9

Hi all. I've been experimenting with joining my Ohio Star squares because the colors are darker than Baby Blocks. I'm thinking the dark (claret, windsor) yarn looks better for joining "dark" and aran. :think

Judi ~ Isn't Bernat Satin wonderful? :manyheart Our JoAnns carries it, but they are always low on colors and quantity.

In many cases the darker yarn DOES work out better for joining - I just finished joining a hospital ghan with dark green, and the colors of the squares range from bright yellow to orange, etc. It worked.:yes

And I LOVED petting the Bernat Satin. I can see that I'll be sneaking back to AC Moore whenever I can! My stash will be increasing by leaps and bounds again!!:D

Archived