Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

I'd like to live in Caraland, too. Pretty please? Your house looks so nice and cushy, and all kinds of fairy-tale fun.. :D

Sure you can!! :hug We'll even make you a princess.....Princess Krystal :princess

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies, I need opinions please. I want to make the two pumpkins in my Fall ghan different colors. One is RH Carrot and I also got RH Pumpkin. The Pumpkin is almost dayglo orange...do you think it will be okay or is there another color possibility? (They sit side by side) Thanks!

Hi Ladies, I need opinions please. I want to make the two pumpkins in my Fall ghan different colors. One is RH Carrot and I also got RH Pumpkin. The Pumpkin is almost dayglo orange...do you think it will be okay or is there another color possibility? (They sit side by side) Thanks!

That's the same color combo I'm using :yes

Renee hope your feeling better soon.

Cara Im glad your getting the bear worked out.

Yes the world is certainly changing, not sure I like it sometimes. I too stay at home where its safe. I hate to think what the world will be like once my girls have children, if they do.

I think I am having a bad day? Do you ever have one of those days when you are vacuuming and you feel like crying all at the same time? Maybe it was all the things I saw as I was doing my work like the toys no one picks up or the constant dog hair that I can seem to get rid of. I tried to do two xmas tree skirts and I frogged them both nothing seems to be working for me today and I still have to cook dinner, I just feel like going to bed. I had noone else to talk to so I hope you don't mind. I guess I am feeling a little lost today. I too wish I could go to caraland. I seems like happy place full of love and understanding.:manyheart

Cara how is the bear going? I will send some cheerleaders to lead you to the end.:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Well I will see you all later have a great night, I'll check in later.

Britt, I'm sending you a bunch of love. :manyheart I can definately understand. I certainly have those days, too. I think we all do sometimes, just some of us have more of them than others. Hope tonight and tomorrow are better.:hug:hug:hug:hug

Britt

We all have those days, and i think at the point you are is a rough time, no matter how tough you are. When you have little kids at home and are home a lot by yourself to take care of them, then it gets to you if you don't have an outlet ,or if you can't get away from it all once in awhile .

Things get better as they get older and they get involved in school events, etc . Time goes fast and one day you'll be home all alone and have some time for some quiet. you'll be able to put things away and they'll STAY put away. you'll be able to clean, and things will stay clean .

You'll see, just hang in there .

And remember, there's a whole gang of us out here who are always here for backup if you need it .

I actually made a boo boo & used carrot and persimmon. They look different side by side but crocheted next to each other they don't look so different. That's okay though I just sc'de a tan line in between them. Yes, I always take the hard road. :oops:shrug

It's Cara (The Crusher) in this corner, wearing her bright purple sequined wrestling outfit, complete with fishnet hose and those lace-up wrestling boots with glitter on them ...

Look out yarn, I'd say Cara will win this round .

( Havent seen a pattern YET that could get her down ):lol

Don't forget my sparkly purple tiara :D:lol :lol

:rofl :rofl

I've made a little more progress on my Fall ghan and have been working on a Christmas list. Thank goodness we draw names-it makes it so much easier. :yes

Thank you all for the input on the pumpkin colors. :manyheart

Evening all,

Oh my there is actually going to come a day when my house stays clean and there are not things laying all over the place? Oh I cant wait for that day, I work, come home, pick up , lay down, start all over the next day, by the time I get home from work somehow it never looks like how I left it in the am and that being said they are usually only here an hour or two at the most before I get here. Sometimes I just have to have a time out and I run and hide (usually the bathtub with a glass of wine and a book) LOL, Or sometimes I just sit in there and cry cuz well im a woman and I got to .

Britt, I think we have all been there. I only have 1 child and sometimes I feel like crying too. I am a SAHM (only just recently started working from home, so still at home all day) and I get days where I throw everything around when I have to pick them up, AGAIN! Here are some hugs for you and you can talk here when you need to. :manyheart:hug:ghug :ghug

Britt

We all have those days, and i think at the point you are is a rough time, no matter how tough you are. When you have little kids at home and are home a lot by yourself to take care of them, then it gets to you if you don't have an outlet ,or if you can't get away from it all once in awhile .

Things get better as they get older and they get involved in school events, etc . Time goes fast and one day you'll be home all alone and have some time for some quiet. you'll be able to put things away and they'll STAY put away. you'll be able to clean, and things will stay clean .

You'll see, just hang in there .

And remember, there's a whole gang of us out here who are always here for backup if you need it .

BRITT.... I second Julie's sage woman advice here....been there, too...:hug :hug :hug Life DOES get better;)

Evening all,

Oh my there is actually going to come a day when my house stays clean and there are not things laying all over the place? Oh I cant wait for that day, I work, come home, pick up , lay down, start all over the next day, by the time I get home from work somehow it never looks like how I left it in the am and that being said they are usually only here an hour or two at the most before I get here. Sometimes I just have to have a time out and I run and hide (usually the bathtub with a glass of wine and a book) LOL, Or sometimes I just sit in there and cry cuz well im a woman and I got to .

Okay, from someone that still has all 4 kiddos at home I just have one question................................WHEN?????????:think

Andrea and Tabby, my youngest two are still at home, although son is leaving soon for the Marines, they are 19 and 17 and I am still asking the question WHEN! and still have crying fits in the bathroom! Some days I just feel like getting in the car and leaving....but then I wonder where would I go cause I have no money to do anything! LOL...I can't wait till it gets better! I am soooo ready!

It does get better, but then there are the days when you cry because you miss them so badly it hurts. My mom used to say that you never stop worrying about them, no matter how old they get. I think it's true, although I couldn't imagine it when she said it. And I can still vividly remember those days when I'd spend 8 hours cleaning and straightening the house only to have my two undo everything in 15 - 20 minutes while I was in the kitchen fixing supper. I think the most worrisome times were when it would get really, really quiet. That's when I just knew they were getting into some kind of trouble that would turn my hair gray. And they usually were. The worries just get different as they get older. But we never stop loving them. Hang in there. Come here when you need to talk or maybe rant and rave. We understand.:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Amen, sistas...

Four kids at home and my house is always "not clean"... There are different levels - "Hour-Before-the-Party", "Tolerable", "Tornado-Hit-It", "Please-CPS-DO-NOT-COME-NOW".... I try to aim for one of the two higher levels. :rofl

I stopped wondering about "when"... it was just teasing me miserably. I am convinced that it is all a conspiracy to make me think that my house really does have carpet and countertops. I just keep chugging like the Little Engine that Could up the hill, scrub scrub, scrape scrape, DING! Dinner!

I envy those of you who have wine to calm your nerves. I had to give it all alcohol years ago as it made me sick (ok, wiseguys - not after drinking 12 drinks, after drinking only 1!!!). Some days, I'll tell you. The glass of wine in the bath sounds nice. I even installed a lock on the bathroom door, but the manufacturers are in conspiracy as well. It seems that bathrooms are a place where kids lock themselves in, so if you buy an indoor locking doorknob, it has this feature that allows you to get in in an emergency. Seems all my kids except the 4YO have figured this out and enter at will anyway.

You are not alone, my friends. It makes you think that early tribal women really had the right idea when they lived close enough to each other that they'd rotate who tended the children so they could get something done.

Okay, from someone that still has all 4 kiddos at home I just have one question................................WHEN?????????:think

At age 30...or whenever they leave home...whichever comes first...

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Seriously, though...college was NOT a growing experience for DS...it was easier on me and Phil when DS was in grade school!!

the most worrisome times were when it would get really, really quiet. That's when I just knew they were getting into some kind of trouble that would turn my hair gray. And they usually were. The worries just get different as they get older. But we never stop loving them. Hang in there. Come here when you need to talk or maybe rant and rave. We understand.:manyheart:hug:manyheart

When DS was a toddler (back in the ice age) I was on the phone yakking with a friend when I suddenly hear - silence. I dropped the phone and ran into the other room - just in time to see DS slowly pointing my KEYS toward an electrical socket!!!!!:eek :eek :eek

I was too far to grab him so I screamed his name...then, startled, because he hadn't seen me come in the room, he dropped the keys.

Lost 10 years on that one....:P

Hi everyone. Well, the busy stuff finally got going. Yesterday was about an 11 hour day of meeting and dinner for the leadership team. I was teasing one woman at my table during the afternoon meeting that it would be awesome if dinner was crab cakes, but I didn't think it would be because they're expensive.

Well, guess what? The dinner buffet had CRAB CAKES! She and I both ate about 6 of them, they were delish!

I was planning to go to the aquarium and take the day today doing nothing before a reception I have to go to at 4:30, but I found out yesterday they want me in another meeting at 11 today. It's only an hour long meeting, so I slept in late and am finishing up my breakfast now. I can at least have the afternoon at the aquarium, that should be good, before the receotions and opening plenary address later today.

You all be good!

Archived