Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

I just wanted to say thank you for all your support. I knew that I could count on you all to understand and not just say I was being silly. I got another tree skirt pattern off the web and started it, this one seems to be working. I still haven't been in town to get more white I think I will go this weekend sometime. I still have to get some for the border color that I want. Well I have to go school this am for my daughters class but then home and laundry and then working on my tree skirt. I sure wish I hadn't run out of the white I was really on a roll,oh well. I will check in with you all later today. Have a great one. Thanks again:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. Hope you are all having a great day. :)

Britt, I hope you're feeling a little better today. We all care about eachother - please don't ever hesitate to come here for support. :hug

DH called and he will be home this afternoon, a day early...so I'm off to the store.

Krystal~I thought that my kids were the only ones that didn't let me know how to go into the bathroom alone. I took or should I say tried to take a relaxing calgon bath the other night. First my year old comes banging on the door like someone is getting ready to murder him. I open (thankfully still dressed at this time) & his finger is gushing blood. He decided to try to peel his own apple & yep you can guess the rest. So I clean him up & apply pressure for 15 minutes to stop the bleeding then put on a bandaid. Then I push nudge him gently towards his father & say here you take care of him. I go back to the bathroom & start my bath, then I get in. Attempting to relax & what do I hear? My 5 yr. old laying on the floor & pounding his feet against the door. Relaxing huh? His Dad is telling him to let me take a bath alone & yet I don't think he ever moved to actually get him. GRRR!!! So after his father argueing with him for 5 minutes he finally gets up & leaves. I then hear some clanking on the door knob. Well, I know what this means so I just get out. Jaden was about to break in with a spoon (smart kid, he figured out the spoon thing at about 2 or 3). I come out & Doa's like why'de you get out so quick, I got Jaden away from the door. Like DUH, I knew Jaden would find that way soon enough so I just gave up.:yes Oh, I forgot to mention that Doa also barged in to relieve his bladder once & boy was that just refreshing (the toilet is right at the end of the tub). :yuck I just give up!!!!!!! I also don't drink but sometimes wish I did. My parents are alchies so I just stay away from it so I don't become one.

Britt~Anytime you need us, we're here for ya. :manyheart

Theresa~AMEN sista! It never ends, I truly believe that. :yes

Well, I get to have an afternoon out "by myself". The reason? I have doctor's appointment. I'm actually looking forward to it, as I've packed my :hook and :yarn. After that, I decided to go to ONE store for myself. It has now turned into : "Why don't you drop the vacuum off for service", "Can you mail this at the Post Office", "The stuff for donation is in the trunk of the car, why don't you stop?", "Did you make a grocery list? You can stop while you're out."... :angry

Well, I get to have an afternoon out "by myself". The reason? I have doctor's appointment. I'm actually looking forward to it, as I've packed my :hook and :yarn. After that, I decided to go to ONE store for myself. It has now turned into : "Why don't you drop the vacuum off for service", "Can you mail this at the Post Office", "The stuff for donation is in the trunk of the car, why don't you stop?", "Did you make a grocery list? You can stop while you're out."... :angry

Oh how I feel your pain! This happens to me quite regularly!

Oh my what we women go thru it is amazing isnt it? Dh always says when are we gonna have nice things and our house clean , I say when the children move out. LOL. I went on strike for a while and boy did my house get cleaned then whooooshhhhhh here comes some kids, and some more kids and more kids ( i have the house that all boys come to for some reason) Dh looked around and said I spent all day cleaning and look at this mess, I held back a laugh and said oh really hmmmmmm . Funny how it means nothing when you say it LOL. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Oh it's nice to know I'm not the only one with these problems. I usually make the house tolerable during the week and one day one the weekend (depending on my mood of course) we'll make the house company clean just because it sure feels nice to be in it. Of course by the end of that day it's back to tolerable :lol

Tabby and Krystal, mine have no idea how to leave the bathroom door alone when I'm in there. No matter what I'm doing, so I usually yell (while they are opening it) that I'm busy and to leave me alone for a few minutes. The return answer is almost always the same "but I wanna be with you mommy" :rolleyes

I don't drink either but there are some days when I think wouldn't it be nice :lol

Today has been one of those days when my joints hurt constantly, so there hasn't been much crocheting done. I did finish brother #2's RR this morning. All but hiding the tails anyway. I should be able to get that done tonight. That will give me something for Photo Friday tomorrow. :photo

I hope to have pictures of the special squares for Mr. Rooster soon. I haven't decided how I'm joining the squares yet. All one color vs. matching the squares' colors. There are pros and cons to both methods.

I am sooooo bad. :devil I showed Mr. Rooster to Rosie today. I had about decided I had goofed in planning to give it to her for Christmas, but she is really excited about him now. (And doesn't know I'm doing him for her. :devil Hehehehe!!! :devil) She says she's going to be bugging me to work on him so she can see him develop. She couldn't imagine him in her mind's eye, but now that she's seen the pattern and the head squares she's excited about seeing him come into being. :devil And she really likes the colors I've picked for him, too. They fit into the colors in their sun room perfectly.

Linda

i'm gonna be excited to see your rooster han too. It looks like his tail feathers are gonna have some pretty shades of green !

By the way has anyone seen Cara today ? Havent been on much, but I dont remember seeing her post . Maybe she's busy WRASTLING that bear .

Hi Ladies. It has been so quiet here this afternoon. I got involved with an identity theft problem with MIL's ss # and was on the phone all afternoon. :eek Unfortunately, we have had experience with this so knew what to do and who to call.

Linda, what a great surprise for your neighbor when she sees Mr. Rooster completed! Can't wait to see your progress. :)

Hi Miss Julie. :manyheart

Cara, I hope you're okay.:hug

It's not quite Friday, but I'm going to post my pictures anyway. And.....I'd like your opinion on whether to use matching colors or one consistent color for the joining on Mr. Rooster. I've laid the background color between the squares to give you an idea of what it would look like using that as my consistent color.

DCP_1230.jpgDCP_1239.jpg

And here is the picture on the next RR. Yesterday was John & Kim's anniversary. He got her 32 long-stemmed yellow roses. One for each year of the marriage. Wow! They smell glorious.

DCP_1226.jpgDCP_1227.jpg

I finnished the poncho and it is far to small.When I layed out the squares I thought it looked too small but thought that it can't be as I followed the pattern and the pattern is on size fits all.

Now I have to undo the squares. I know that it will be worth it in the end but O the waisted time:( :( :( :blush :blush

Linda,

I think it's worth taking the time to do it in the matching color, not the background color. Use the lighter color of the two that are next to each other.

Ditto:hook

I finnished the poncho and it is far to small.When I layed out the squares I thought it looked too small but thought that it can't be as I followed the pattern and the pattern is on size fits all.

Now I have to undo the squares. I know that it will be worth it in the end but O the waisted time:( :( :( :blush :blush

Don't you HATE that!?:angry

A thought came to mind - How was your gauge when you started? I mean, if you used the same weight of yarn and hook size as the pattern recommended, did you sart off okay?

Linda

I'd go with the matching colors, too . Lookin good so far ~ :)

Denise- man don't you hate when that happens ? I made a poncho about a year ago and the pattern was SO pretty. I know I followed it properly, but it came out long enough for Shaquille Oneal to wear. I have never seen a LADY tall enough to wear it . It wasn't done in squares, either, so it was more or less a total loss .

Hey Miss Mary- that identity theft stuff is dangerous. We have luckily never had to deal with that yet and hope we don't . Sounds scarey for someone else to have access to your private bank info, etc .

Don't you HATE that!?:angry

A thought came to mind - How was your gauge when you started? I mean, if you used the same weight of yarn and hook size as the pattern recommended, did you sart off okay?

I have got the correct hook size and got different yarn. The lady at the wool shop said that it is the same as double knit.

Looking back at the pattern it says motif=4". My squres are 3". I was wondering if I do another round on each, it should make it 4" Why did I not notice it?

It's not quite Friday, but I'm going to post my pictures anyway. And.....I'd like your opinion on whether to use matching colors or one consistent color for the joining on Mr. Rooster. I've laid the background color between the squares to give you an idea of what it would look like using that as my consistent color.

DCP_1230.jpgDCP_1239.jpg

And here is the picture on the next RR. Yesterday was John & Kim's anniversary. He got her 32 long-stemmed yellow roses. One for each year of the marriage. Wow! They smell glorious.

DCP_1226.jpgDCP_1227.jpg

Wow! The rooster is fantastic, Linda. I think I would use the matching color to join, also. Your RR is just beautiful...I love the color choices. :manyheart

Looking back at the pattern it says motif=4". My squres are 3". I was wondering if I do another round on each, it should make it 4" Why did I not notice it?

Oh Denise, we've all been there and I hate to have to redo...but I'll bet it will be just fine with another round added. :hug

Good morning ladies :flower

Never fear, I'm still here :D Yep, was wrastling that bear all day yesterday. Would've had him done, too if it weren't for that pesky grocery shopping trip. There was 3 hrs wasted (lots of traffic :P). But he's actually coming along quite nicely :yes I'm hoping to have him done by just after lunch if my hands quit hurting. Man, I really don't need that right now. I can fall apart on Sunday but before that I have things to do and the Body is just gonna have to cooperate :lol

Linda - Mr Rooster is fabulous!! Excellent work! I too, of course, am in the corner of color changes. I think it's really worth it after all that work :yes Just my two cents :D

If feel for all you gals with the kiddo problems. :hug I figured my days of having an audience in the bathroom were over when the kids got past that but oh no my cats have the same hang up :lol They follow me everywhere :cat

Okay back to the bear :hook Have a great day y'all. I'll poke in after lunch I hope :manyheart

Morning, everyone. Yup, I pretty much had made the same choice on the joining once I put the pictures side by side here. :yes Thanks for confirming it.:yes

Cara, glad you're ok. Good luck with your hands and the rest of the bear.

Denise, I hate, hate, hate it when that happens. Good luck with the redo.

Trouble and Sarge do the follow me everywhere bit, too. So far they haven't actually gotten into the tub with me. My kids would join me when they were little. A tub bath with a little one in with me was NEVER relaxing.

I think I've decided to do two more Christmas RRs. Not sure what the colors will be yet. I've got an idea for one of them, but will have to go pet the yarn and try matches out first.:yarn

Hope everyone has a good day. Catch you all later.

Good to see you Cara...take care of yourself, too! Can't wait to see that bear!

Linda...OMGosh....that is awesome, I too think the matching colors, although either would look good! I can't wait to see it done...I just love it all ready! And your latest RR is gorgeous too! :manyheart

Good morning everyone else! :D

Archived